Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #361 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 429
I just cycled through all the support guns and unlocked each attachment before moving on. I kind of wish you could take healing off support and use ammo box and teleport together. It sucks that the left ability cannot be changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I was expecting a larger player count... was just the game type you all were on last night?

Those air bots were shredding me. Kept accidentally running into the enemy spawn and getting mowed down by the turret.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #363 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Yeah the base bots don't fool around.

I'm also loving how there great use of verticality in these maps. So many FPS just put you on one level with a few hills and call it a day.

The double helix design of that penthouse map with the turning room in the center is really unique, albeit a bit too small for my tastes. One thing I figured out is there's a railing around the entire outside of the map on the main level that you can use to bypass most choke points and flank enemies.
post #364 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

The maps were impressive... except for the small, very dark, outside map, that is incredibly hard to see anything.

So I read that the player count is capped at 24. So what game type were we playing last night that had so few players?

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #365 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

There is a 24 player TDM that I've not yet tried. We were on 7v7 warzone. You can also make custom warzones.
post #366 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

The kill whore in me was looking for more action. I'll try to stick with the squad when we play that game again wink.gif We can roll like Spartans.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #367 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

The kill whore in me was looking for more action. I'll try to stick with the squad when we play that game again wink.gif We can roll like Spartans.

PTFO and you'll see plenty of action, some of those battles are just intense, but that's my deathwish talking!
post #368 of 1031 Old 11-21-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Man a hint or something would be awful nice in the campaign. I don't want a paved yellow brick road but come on a little guidance would go a long way. The parachute drop sucked...was cool but very frustrating. I'm past that but roaming around now finding blue hover shafts of light. Took out two big sentries and can't go further. Looks like I could hover up into two spots but nada.
post #369 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Yeah, there have been a few head-scratching moments for me where I felt a little guidance would help. I guess GG felt that having an objective marker you could bring up yourself was enough. I don't think their dialogue is descriptive enough when it needs to be, but it sure as hell has the cheesiness factor down to a science. biggrin.gif

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #370 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Started the SP campaign...again (my save file corrupted after starting MP the first day...hasn't happened since). I noticed in chapter 2 that I saw a shimmering cloud of sparkles (?) in some areas. I'm wondering if this was part of the environment in the sewers/water purification plant, or if it's an artifact of some sort. I am experiencing video dropouts on my defective PS4 (returning it to Sony as soon as the box arrives).

Just trying to figure out if this shimmering mass of sparkly bits was intended by GG or is another symptom of my ailing machine.

I think I saw the sparkles your talking about last night. Looks like a cloud of gnats or some other flying insects?
post #371 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I unlocked the shot gun attachment for the assault rifle class, very nice indeed!smile.gif

PSN: UndeadREDD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #372 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post

Yeah, there have been a few head-scratching moments for me where I felt a little guidance would help. I guess GG felt that having an objective marker you could bring up yourself was enough. I don't think their dialogue is descriptive enough when it needs to be, but it sure as hell has the cheesiness factor down to a science. biggrin.gif

I was fine untill
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You reach the Helghan surface and have to deal with almost no markers, and some very interesting level design. It's almost like GG looked at Zen from HalfLife, and said "lets do something like that!".
post #373 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Your exactly where I left off last night Tyrant.
post #374 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 199
For those having issues knowing where to go in the campaign, simply tap up on the D-Pad.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #375 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I would like to play with you guys, but I want to get some stuff sorted with my Astro MixAmp/Headset first. (LINK)

How's the chat quality, when you just run everything through the DS4? Is there a way to adjust chat volume?
post #376 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

For those having issues knowing where to go in the campaign, simply tap up on the D-Pad.

Yeah, I found that out half way though the second mission. Quite confusing, until you use it.
post #377 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

smile.gif your not where I am. Up doesn't even pull up a location. You just stroll around for a bit on broken landscape.
post #378 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Your exactly where I left off last night Tyrant.

Did you get stuck at the second automa tower of death? If so:
And i was tired because it was super late, but I think you go up two flights of metal stairs behind it, and through the structure. It's easy to miss the path if you're turning fast or looking from another angle

Over all I really liked the SP. The story was much, much better than KZ3, and I loved the environments traversed. There's one part where you need to get somewhere fast, and my jaw literally dropped when it did so seamlessly. GG's sure got the tech down and future games should be mind blowing as well. I also appreciate them putting some time in to make smart AI that doesn't magically know where you are at all times, and relies on line of sight allowing you to flank them when they lose sight of you. They find cover and keep it, move between cover and try to flank you, and generally act less like computer code, and more like what you'd want from good AI. It's really all old stuff, but AI in other games has dropped the ball so hard that it's refreshing to see someone still actually trying.

That said there are a few issues, mainly in pacing. I felt quite often like there was too much downtime and not enough shooting things with the awesome guns. Part of that is probably the more open nature and need to sort of arena-ize large areas, so you would just get swarmed over and over if more were placed and came running. The set pieces were nice, but provided too much downtime. I much preferred KZ2's (or Half Life) set pieces that were happening in real time while you were there, gun in hand, fighting foes. Developers, please stop taking control away from me! Oh, and the awesome sequence I hint at above immediately turned into the worst forced cinematic gameplay session in the game, and one that threw a new curveball since there was nothing like that before. Talk about killing a high.
post #379 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Yup probably missed those stairs. Was tired and gave up the search. So I'm real close to the end then?
post #380 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Yup probably missed those stairs. Was tired and gave up the search. So I'm real close to the end then?

2 hours maybe? Hard to gauge since I was playing on hard and my playstyle can best be described as inquisitive and stubborn.

I see that platform I probably can't get to and try as many things to make sure GG put that invisible wall there.

tongue.gif
post #381 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

How the hell did you survive the big battle on hard? I tried that thing several times in order to beat it.
post #382 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 11:06 AM

It was easy
Although I did mess up a few times until I realized where everyone on my side went. Grab the Volt-thingy fireworks gun and just go to town from the catwalk. They'll tell you to restock, do so and take out a few more. Then the enemy drop ship appears / bots come. Turn around and jump in the turret behind you and go all Luke Skywalker on their ass. My biggest issues is I didn't realize that turret was there until after 10 tries or so

This game was much, much easier than KZ3 on elite, which was also exponentially easier than KZ2 on elite. Never forget storming Visari Palace...
post #383 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Yea pretty much the same experience here. Got up in that gun and still died a couple times though, was completely overrun by the time I figured that part out. tongue.gif Comment. Why the f do they say use the shield overload bot action when the f n guys are waaaay out of range and repeat it over and over? Annoying. Especially when I'm slammed with baddies. rolleyes.gif
post #384 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Yup key is to use that funky lighting gun while they're way out, tracking in the scope. The shotgun / riot shield guys always take two shots with it. The electronic shield guys 3. Then when you get to the big gun, just check every few seconds on the catwalk near as those are the guys that will kill you. The ones far away didn't seem to be causing much damage or hitting me, so they're just fodder after you make sure the immediate area outside is clear. Eventually they'll retreat.
post #385 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The party support in MP is severely lacking. No option to start a party and all go into the same Warzone is an epic fail. The only way to join someone is by trying to join the game they are already playing, and waiting for someone on their team to drop. Getting multiple people together is impossible, unless someone has some info for me?

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build

post #386 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

The party support in MP is severely lacking. No option to start a party and all go into the same Warzone is an epic fail. The only way to join someone is by trying to join the game they are already playing, and waiting for someone on their team to drop. Getting multiple people together is impossible, unless someone has some info for me?

If you all party chat prior, it pauses to ask each to join the session together. Otherwise, yes it sucks.
post #387 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

It's there, it's just the party leader controls it. Here's how it works from what I've seen:

• To all join a game the party leader picks a warzone and everyone in the party gets a prompt in the KZSF menus to hit options to join him. It syncs the clients and puts them in a game on the same team / party. (I think the disconnect here is you have to be in KZSF to see the "option button invite", it threw me for a loop at first as well)
  • If you join a party late, you can click on a name in the KZSF MP menu and it'll put you in the game on the same team once a free space opens up. As long as you're also in that persons party.
  • If you are not in a party and click on a friends name in the KZSF menu it'll put you into the game with the first available open slot. So if you want to be on the same team, party up first with the person playing.

Easiest thing is to just join a party and ask everyone to back out once their current game is finished and use option 1. As far as I can tell BF has no options to bring parties into games on the same team or squads, which is a bummer. But KZ does!
post #388 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

It's there, it's just the party leader controls it. Here's how it works from what I've seen:

• To all join a game the party leader picks a warzone and everyone in the party gets a prompt in the KZSF menus to hit options to join him. It syncs the clients and puts them in a game on the same team / party. (I think the disconnect here is you have to be in KZSF to see the "option button invite", it threw me for a loop at first as well)
  • If you join a party late, you can click on a name in the KZSF MP menu and it'll put you in the game on the same team once a free space opens up. As long as you're also in that persons party.
  • If you are not in a party and click on a friends name in the KZSF menu it'll put you into the game with the first available open slot. So if you want to be on the same team, party up first with the person playing.

Easiest thing is to just join a party and ask everyone to back out once their current game is finished and use option 1. As far as I can tell BF has no options to bring parties into games on the same team or squads, which is a bummer. But KZ does!

So youre backing me in saying there is no party option within SF...No where on the MP menu does it allow for you to create a party or invite a friend. Sounds like you're saying I have to do it from the party option in the system menu? The fact that this and many other options are essentially "easter eggs" is no good.

post #389 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Yes, parties are implemented through the system now. But it appears on a game by game basis.

It works really well with KZSF, but like everything now there's little to no documentation handy. I honestly haven't read the digital manual though, it might explain it in there. Damn this cost cutting...
post #390 of 1031 Old 11-22-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Yes, parties are implemented through the system now. But it appears on a game by game basis.

It works really well with KZSF, but like everything now there's little to no documentation handy. I honestly haven't read the digital manual though, it might explain it in there. Damn this cost cutting...

The manual might as well been not included. Some system specs, how to plug in and charge your controllers, how to power down. I spent hours the last week trying to figure how to start a party in KZ. Apparently it works like the party system was supposed to be implemented through Home a few years back.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone Shadow Fall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page