Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #451 of 1031 Old 11-29-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 462
This sucks. I rolled a million points and no trophy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1031 Old 11-30-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Finally did get my million point trophy. I've been bailing MP matches at the humiliation screen and not waiting for the point screen. Unless its bugged but the website shows me well over.
post #453 of 1031 Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipinoyakuza View Post

Here is my honest review on Killzone Shadowfall:

The game graphics wise is the best looking game on PS4 out of any of the launch games.

But seriously here is what makes the game such a disappointment.The games learning curve is so f'in brutall hard to the point where it will turn off and make new people to the KZ series or casual FPS fans not want to play it after playing a couple chapters into the single player campaign.Heck even veterans who have played all of the past KZ games on PS3 or PS Vita would even get frustrated with this damn game. Guerrilla games did a horrible job on not giving enough pointers and tips and how to progress in the single player campaign also.

With that said I'm done with this game and trading it into Best Buy while I can still get $40 for it, and the fact that I only spent $47 on it doesn't make me feel to bad on buying this game.

Aww... did it not hand hold you the whole way through. When I read posts like this it makes me sad. Clearly they didn't give you enough pointers or tips, there is only a scanner that shows you items and enemies that are nearby and a orange pointer that tells you where to go for set objectives. The only thing they could do to make it more obvious is to have an arrow pointing you where to go, which would be beyond a horrible idea (yes Bioshock I am looking at you).
Bigfame likes this.
post #454 of 1031 Old 11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I didn't much like this game at first. But now that I'm 6 chapters in, I really like it. But where the heck are the rocket launchers and phazer guns? Come on, I want some firepower already.

500 gigs FTW.
post #455 of 1031 Old 11-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

So they say. Still doesn't change the fact that it's the fourth title of a series. If it was a movie, everyone would be laughing at it for having a 4 in the title. Oh, that's right, they omitted it in favor of a subtitle. How deceptive.

Time for them to make a new IP already.

It has been known well before Killzone Shadow Fall was announced that they have been working on a new ip for next gen (or this gen now).
post #456 of 1031 Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I didn't much like this game at first. But now that I'm 6 chapters in, I really like it. But where the heck are the rocket launchers and phazer guns? Come on, I want some firepower already.

There's not many in the game, maybe 2-3 Helg RL's? Should be one coming up in 8 and 9. There was one in 4 on a train platform if you went to get it. Keep an eye out for one being shot at you, and take it from the guy that does so.

ISA rocket launcher is the three shot Electric firework gun. It's more like a rail gun with exploding slugs.
post #457 of 1031 Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

post #458 of 1031 Old 12-04-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 191

Loving GG's responsiveness. Glad in-game chat is coming, definitely something that can help new players ease into the MP.

Guess it's time to invest in a quality headset!

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #459 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Loving GG's responsiveness. Glad in-game chat is coming, definitely something that can help new players ease into the MP.

Guess it's time to invest in a quality headset!

Wait a minute....this next-gen game was released WITHOUT in-game chat? There was no support at all for the included headset?

bg
post #460 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Chat for the game is supported through the PDM party system. So right now you can only talk to people who are in that party. You cannot talk to anyone in the game that is not in your party.

I haven't played around with it enough but there are 2 settings when setting up a party chat;

Friends of Friends: Friends of friends of the owner can join the party freely.

Invited Players Only: Only players that the owner invites can join the party.

I think you can invite people you see in-game to your party chat. The party is limited to 8 people though. So I wouldn't say it wasn't supported at all, but it was very limited.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5117
post #461 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipz View Post

Chat for the game is supported through the PDM party system. So right now you can only talk to people who are in that party. You cannot talk to anyone in the game that is not in your party.

I haven't played around with it enough but there are 2 settings when setting up a party chat;

Friends of Friends: Friends of friends of the owner can join the party freely.

Invited Players Only: Only players that the owner invites can join the party.

I think you can invite people you see in-game to your party chat. The party is limited to 8 people though. So I wouldn't say it wasn't supported at all, but it was very limited.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5117

Technically ingame chat is separate from party chat. I know what you mean but the ingame part is important.
post #462 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Oh definitely, I have no idea why they wouldn't include in-game chat to begin with but there is alternate option.
post #463 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipz View Post

Oh definitely, I have know idea why they wouldn't include in-game chat to begin with but there is alternate option.

Yea I just don't like the alt biggrin.gif
post #464 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM

I remember reading that you could be in multiple parties at the same time, and thus chat with more than 8 people; but it doesn't appear that way. Maybe it was something that got dropped that they planned to rely on?
post #465 of 1031 Old 12-05-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I remember reading that you could be in multiple parties at the same time, and thus chat with more than 8 people; but it doesn't appear that way. Maybe it was something that got dropped that they planned to rely on?

What i recall is the chat leader had to invite the leader of another chat in order for this to work. Though it was never clear if the two parties would be able to hear each other, or if it was simply for the two chat leaders. Perhaps something AVS group can test out.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #466 of 1031 Old 12-07-2013, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Have had the game since launch and beat it last night. I must say. I got the socks knocked right off of me more then a few times. I thought the game was harder then average and I can see why people might have just given up on it. I was not having any of that though and continued on. The game also gets much better mid to end. Starts off a bit slow. You certainly have to use tactical approaches and think more often then not. Its not a run and gun game at all. Except for a few areas. Will I come back for more with the series? Absolutely. If you are new like me. Just take your time and get to learn it. You will be fine. I did get hung up on 1 particular part and did have to look it up. With out spoilers. Its that big massive room with TONS of enemy's. You must hop in that thing at a certain point. Another minor complaint was being spotted from the A.I. way to easily and often. At times I was so far back you could not even seen me. Yet spotted. Annoying. Now moving onto MP. I am going to get my arse handed to I just know it.
post #467 of 1031 Old 12-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattiesGoneWild View Post

Have had the game since launch and beat it last night. I must say. I got the socks knocked right off of me more then a few times. I thought the game was harder then average and I can see why people might have just given up on it. I was not having any of that though and continued on. The game also gets much better mid to end. Starts off a bit slow. You certainly have to use tactical approaches and think more often then not. Its not a run and gun game at all. Except for a few areas. Will I come back for more with the series? Absolutely. If you are new like me. Just take your time and get to learn it. You will be fine. I did get hung up on 1 particular part and did have to look it up. With out spoilers. Its that big massive room with TONS of enemy's. You must hop in that thing at a certain point. Another minor complaint was being spotted from the A.I. way to easily and often. At times I was so far back you could not even seen me. Yet spotted. Annoying. Now moving onto MP. I am going to get my arse handed to I just know it.

If you think this was hard do not even attempt Killzone 2 or 3 on the hardest modes. Shadow Fall on hard was like those on normal. In fact on my hard playthrough I didn't die once, with that bieng said I have played a lot of Killzone over the years. The key is spamming the owl's stun ability.
post #468 of 1031 Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM

AI also relies on line of sight, so if you use cover and flank without being seen, they can and do lose you. But when you aren't behind cover, they;re very good at spotting you when in alert mode.

Using the owl to distract them (fire mode) works quite well while flanking. Best it to save the stuns for heavies, shielded enemies, and bots.
post #469 of 1031 Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Wow, after having looked at tons of pics and videos I had high expectations. Looks so much better playing at home. Absolutely gorgeous biggrin.gif. The gameplay is great. I just made it to chapter 4 and have really enjoyed the game so far. The forest/waterfall level is great. I should be going to bed, don't want to shut it off.
post #470 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Just found something out. If you go to shadowfall.killzone.com I believe the address is, it will give your MP stats. On my phone I hadn't really noticed, but on my tablet I saw a Challenges tab, on second look it's there on the phone as well. If you go under Profile the first thing that comes up is the Stats Overview, click on Challenges and you can see what you need to work on in the MP. Really cool, been working on them but you can only check them at the main screen and not in a match. Now that I know this, can work on them more easily in game.
post #471 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Wow, after having looked at tons of pics and videos I had high expectations. Looks so much better playing at home. Absolutely gorgeous biggrin.gif. The gameplay is great. I just made it to chapter 4 and have really enjoyed the game so far. The forest/waterfall level is great. I should be going to bed, don't want to shut it off.

Unfortunately, the graphics will still look good, but eventually you will get to a very industrial and ugly area. So the forest is kind of a high followed by a low but it does pick back up later and looks beautiful again. The forest has to be the highlight though.

General FYI, there is a trophy for beating the game without dying which sounds absolutely brutal. PS3trophies says that you can work on it using chapter select which is really cool. Each chapter tells you how many deaths you have so you can just select that chapter and work it out.
post #472 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I was hoping for more levels like the first, other natural landscapes as well. Plus love kz2s gritty world. Chapter 4 before the trains is very cool just too short for that part. Stopped at the trains. Forest was definitely the best so far, great level design.
post #473 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Liked: 14
Tough game on hard, very tough.
post #474 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I was having trouble on the forest on normal, it was very intense. I'm sure I could have played through it better if I disable alarms or did more stealth. The next couple of levels were a bit easier for me due to the more strait forward design, plus no reinforcements coming.
post #475 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was hoping for more levels like the first, other natural landscapes as well. Plus love kz2s gritty world. Chapter 4 before the trains is very cool just too short for that part. Stopped at the trains. Forest was definitely the best so far, great level design.

Its not that the middle parts look bad, their not as cool as the forest; more KZ2/3 ish. Towards the end looks really good again. I don't mean it negatively just that the forest looks incredible by comparison.
post #476 of 1031 Old 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I hear you. GG definitely spent time on the forest level. I wish we had tons more like it but they were probably pressed for time as well to hit launch. I really do like Chapter 4's after the explosion, the lighting on all the debris plus the deformable cover points are great then battling in the building through glass windows biggrin.gif Great but short.
post #477 of 1031 Old 12-12-2013, 01:42 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post

Tough game on hard, very tough.

I might also add the save system is "hit and miss" lacking a manual save is odd to say the least.

post #478 of 1031 Old 12-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It really wasn't at all hard. Managed it on my first attempt. FYI if you go down at all even if your owl can revive you it counts as a death. Also the chapter select with the number of deaths is not accurate.

I personally preferred the look of the industrial areas to the forest. Fantastic visual design.
post #479 of 1031 Old 12-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmReverie View Post

. Also the chapter select with the number of deaths is not accurate..

Seemed accurate to me. It breaks it down by sub-chapter. be sure to scroll to the right.

Save system is also set up that way. Pressing options in game and checking if the sub-chapter name changed is a good way to know if you're good to exit.
post #480 of 1031 Old 12-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Seemed accurate to me. It breaks it down by sub-chapter. be sure to scroll to the right.

Save system is also set up that way. Pressing options in game and checking if the sub-chapter name changed is a good way to know if you're good to exit.

It works oddly, if you start a chapter don't die and exit out before finishing it, it will show up us zero deaths but not count towards the trophy. Or at least that is what happened to me.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone Shadow Fall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page