Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Have they stated when the Co-op add-on is coming?

Looking forward to it.

Jason

No word yet but new MP maps are on the horizon. I'm interested in seeing what they do for coop. Its not like Gears of War where you can have hordes of monsters attacking.
lordxar5 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Well... Guerilla Games decided they haven't been awesome enough so went and apparently will allow people that buy the COOP DLC to play it with friends that haven't bought it:

BerTFKMIIAA9wAI.jpg:large

Right in line with their "let's not fracture the community" objective.

GJ GG! We need more devs like this!
TyrantII is offline  
post #633 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
freemeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Sweet, I may want to get KZ back just for that mode biggrin.gif
freemeat is offline  
post #634 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
americangunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I would love to see GG step out and try something else. I listen to the IGN playstation podcast on my car ride to work sometimes and they were saying that they believe the next game from them would be something like a fallout type game. They are pretty good developers that could make an interesting open world game.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

americangunner is offline  
post #635 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I would love to see GG step out and try something else. I listen to the IGN playstation podcast on my car ride to work sometimes and they were saying that they believe the next game from them would be something like a fallout type game. They are pretty good developers that could make an interesting open world game.

Not sure how big a developer they are but they only work on one console so having a couple buns in the oven wouldnt be a bad thing.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #636 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
They have a unannounced next Gen IP in the works, headed by GG-Cambridge. GGC did the PSV Mercenaries game which is regarded as one of the best Vita games, so it looks like talent flows between both locations.

We know it's going to look amazing going by history, but hopefully they spread their wings and bring something unique and innovative as well as fun.
TyrantII is offline  
post #637 of 1023 Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

They have a unannounced next Gen IP in the works, headed by GG-Cambridge. GGC did the PSV Mercenaries game which is regarded as one of the best Vita games, so it looks like talent flows between both locations.

We know it's going to look amazing going by history, but hopefully they spread their wings and bring something unique and innovative as well as fun.

I saw but they have been super quiet about it. Think it was just a one sentence comment followed by you didn't hear that....at least that was all I gathered.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #638 of 1023 Old 01-24-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Plan to play a bunch of KZ this weekend. Been having a blast playing the 24 person objective games.

Sprint = lots of melee kills. Crackin skulls is what I've been enjoying the most in this game. Well that, and the nice graphics. About 20% of my kills come from melees biggrin.gif

 
Spanglo is offline  
post #639 of 1023 Old 01-24-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Plan to play a bunch of KZ this weekend. Been having a blast playing the 24 person objective games.

Sprint = lots of melee kills. Crackin skulls is what I've been enjoying the most in this game. Well that, and the nice graphics. About 20% of my kills come from melees biggrin.gif

Alright you talked me into it...biggrin.gif
lordxar5 is online now  
post #640 of 1023 Old 01-24-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Alright you talked me into it...biggrin.gif

Right on.

Don't want any part of the double xp BF4 stuff.

 
Spanglo is offline  
post #641 of 1023 Old 01-24-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Man BF is such a broken pos...last night the lag was on nearly every map. Was fun at times but absolutely excruciating the later in the night it got.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #642 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Epyon415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Heard DICE is going to be stress testing the PS4 servers Saturday. Not honestly sure why they are continuing to "fix" the game. Might be best to admit failure, apologize, maybe for DLC/Season Pass refunds and move on to the next project? But I guess at the same time, their efforts will be seen as consumer focused.

Now GG on the other hand...hehe doing solid for a "non-AAA" title. Guess review scores can't predict quality.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Epyon415 is offline  
post #643 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post

Heard DICE is going to be stress testing the PS4 servers Saturday. Not honestly sure why they are continuing to "fix" the game. Might be best to admit failure, apologize, maybe for DLC/Season Pass refunds and move on to the next project? But I guess at the same time, their efforts will be seen as consumer focused..

Well, I guess they expect a heavy load with the Premium BF4 2x XP weekend event. Maybe they will learn something.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

Bytehoven is offline  
post #644 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Just downloaded this last week. The campaign isn't really holding my interest but getting to know the MP with bots offline is a great idea that all games should have. I haven't figured out quite how everything works yet... Like how to detect an enemy that's cloaked or how your companion bot behaves in different modes... But I could see getting into this biggrin.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #645 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 09:03 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Bot behavior is always the same in online (mostly find enemy / shoot enemy)

The cloaked enemies are always visible up to 20 meters away, although they look like phantoms. Bot always find them, so running with assault and a buddy bot will always protect you and betray them. Cloaked enemies can only melee, and they run at the same speed you do backwards. So see one, best thing to do is backpedal and lay into them with your gun. They won't be able to stop you or catch you unless they already got the jump on you.
TyrantII is offline  
post #646 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Just downloaded this last week. The campaign isn't really holding my interest but getting to know the MP with bots offline is a great idea that all games should have. I haven't figured out quite how everything works yet... Like how to detect an enemy that's cloaked or how your companion bot behaves in different modes... But I could see getting into this biggrin.gif

Jeep just jump in on KZ 2sdays and we can show you da ropes.

I'm rolling for trophies now and just like MP, I'm having a much deeper appreciation for this game all over. The campaign isn't earth shattering but the story is really good a second time through especially when you get all the audio logs and watch the monitors.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #647 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 09:57 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Chapter 8 audiologs and the monologue at the start of chapter 9 were worth the price of admission alone.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not really, but they were REALLY good
TyrantII is offline  
post #648 of 1023 Old 01-25-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
The Doctor area with its audio logs was cool. I missed the video feeds first time around with Echo and the doc too, think that's her name. Looking forward to the comic.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #649 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Member
 
Hearzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This game worth the buy? Had it in my hands yesterday at EB but put it down and walked out...

Should I bother picking it up now or wait for the price drop? The only reason I would care for it now is for the MP - but if it's nothing special - I'll hold off for some used copies/price drops to come.

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
Hearzy is offline  
post #650 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post

This game worth the buy? Had it in my hands yesterday at EB but put it down and walked out...

Should I bother picking it up now or wait for the price drop? The only reason I would care for it now is for the MP - but if it's nothing special - I'll hold off for some used copies/price drops to come.

Depends on who you ask I guess. I'd say it depends on what kind of games you like, fast twitch COD style or slower and more tactical. This isn't a COD competitor by any means but is really fun. You may want to rent it first because its not everyone's cup of tea.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #651 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 06:22 AM
Member
 
Hearzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
....You can still rent games? lol - Thought that idea was long dead unless you can get them from online or something...

Perhaps EBGames should get into this :-o

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
Hearzy is offline  
post #652 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post

....You can still rent games? lol - Thought that idea was long dead unless you can get them from online or something...

Perhaps EBGames should get into this :-o

I'm not exactly sure these days.... wink.gif Aside from Gamefly or to a lesser extent Goozex you may find a brick & mortar that rents. Gamestop has the return in 7 days policy not sure about EB, haven't had one of those for years.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #653 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Hearzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What is the 7 day policy? Full refund?

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
Hearzy is offline  
post #654 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
I think so, never used it myself so I'm not sure if its trade in only or full refund.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #655 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Jeep just jump in on KZ 2sdays and we can show you da ropes.

I'm rolling for trophies now and just like MP, I'm having a much deeper appreciation for this game all over. The campaign isn't earth shattering but the story is really good a second time through especially when you get all the audio logs and watch the monitors.

Pretty good learning curve on KZ for n00bs. Thought I was doing pretty good, then we hit one of the darker maps & I couldn't tell friend from foe. That and I still have a hard time knowing what the abilities/weapons and bots do. Back to the offline bot zone I go cool.gif

EDIT: What I really need are some defensive strategy tips. I'm sure there is no 'spotting', so I need to learn the maps and figure out how to detect enemies that don't show up on the minimap. Might not hurt to crank up the in game brightness too for some of the darker maps.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #656 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

Pretty good learning curve on KZ for n00bs. Thought I was doing pretty good, then we hit one of the darker maps & I couldn't tell friend from foe. That and I still have a hard time knowing what the abilities/weapons and bots do. Back to the offline bot zone I go cool.gif

Have you done much of the campaign? That shows you both factions rather well. In fact its kind of neat going back and seeing the various soldiers as their used in the story.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #657 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Have you done much of the campaign? That shows you both factions rather well. In fact its kind of neat going back and seeing the various soldiers as their used in the story.

Nah, I don't get alot of game time so I tend to jump in to MP when I get the chance. I'll try to keep plugging away at the SP to see what I can get out of it.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #658 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
There are a few ways too see enemies. Scout class can echo ping like sonar and light them up red or yellow, friendlies are green.

Depending on the weapon sight, some have a dot in the middle that is green on friendly and red on enemy. Its most readily apparant on pretty much all Scout kit scopes. I believe its on all ACOGs and higher power scopes but not the red dot.

Last is the brownish enemy name above their head. Combined with the scopes at range and you can pick them out.

If your in a tense firefight all hell breaks loose and its complete fubar anyway.

Keep jumping on when someone is playing. Frost, Epyon, Dash, Tyrant, and Hapi are somewhat regulars, when BF isn't scratching their itch smile.gif I'd almost say just play deathmatch and ignore objectives until you get the flow of things. Not to say play DM only but try Classic Warzone. Its 7 on 7 and much less intense than the 24 man zones. Just play for kills and grab objectives as you can.

Assault with the Rumbler is a good start. Not a whole lot of recoil and decent damage. For a starting ability maybe run either stun or buddy drone. Stun has a good chance of wiping out other small bots, disabling big ones, and destroying shields and supply boxes plus disorienting enemies. Grest fun in packed rooms. Don't forget that your abilities get better with use. So the all suck to start with.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #659 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
slyderulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Armpit of Civilization
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

There are a few ways too see enemies. Scout class can echo ping like sonar and light them up red or yellow, friendlies are green.

Depending on the weapon sight, some have a dot in the middle that is green on friendly and red on enemy. Its most readily apparant on pretty much all Scout kit scopes. I believe its on all ACOGs and higher power scopes but not the red dot.

Last is the brownish enemy name above their head. Combined with the scopes at range and you can pick them out.

If your in a tense firefight all hell breaks loose and its complete fubar anyway.

Keep jumping on when someone is playing. Frost, Epyon, Dash, Tyrant, and Hapi are somewhat regulars, when BF isn't scratching their itch smile.gif I'd almost say just play deathmatch and ignore objectives until you get the flow of things. Not to say play DM only but try Classic Warzone. Its 7 on 7 and much less intense than the 24 man zones. Just play for kills and grab objectives as you can.

Assault with the Rumbler is a good start. Not a whole lot of recoil and decent damage. For a starting ability maybe run either stun or buddy drone. Stun has a good chance of wiping out other small bots, disabling big ones, and destroying shields and supply boxes plus disorienting enemies. Grest fun in packed rooms. Don't forget that your abilities get better with use. So the all suck to start with.

Good tips Nex, thanks. I'll try classic warzone to get the hang of things and rank up my abilities a bit.

I tried support so I could run the revive drone...but I found I'm having the same issue with lmg type weapons in KF that I am in BF4. I just cant seem to kill with them even if I'm getting hits. Must be some real finesse with bursting an lmg to land anything. I did slightly better with them in KZ than in BF4, I never had a problem with them in BF3 or Bad Company :/

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

 

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.


Thats what I do.

slyderulz is offline  
post #660 of 1023 Old 01-27-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Support class takes some skill or maybe just knowledge. The guns do decent damage and have large mags but muzzle flash creates a giant blind spot. Get your ACOG unlocked on them and the muzzle flash gets tolerable, still has $%&tty recoil. Stick to the lower ammo doubt support guns to start with and avoid Voltage and Purged until you get used to the rest. Their great and powerful but have serious drawbacks. Hang back a bit with support and revive (range gets better the more you revive) and run spawn beacons. Assaults are the big run and gun, support healers and defenders and scouts at the back popping nuggets or ahead, well scouting...
lordxar5 is online now  
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone Shadow Fall

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off