post #91 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I really hope they bring the bundle that was announced for Europe on this game. The PS4, Killzone, the camera, and an extra controller for 500 is an awesome deal.

500 euros = $666 + insane EU taxes.

399 + 180 = $579. You can buy it all separately here for less.

I guess it's a good deal for them, but that's only cause they're consistently ripped off.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

500 euros = $666 + insane EU taxes.

399 + 180 = $579. You can buy it all separately here for less.

I guess it's a good deal for them, but that's only cause they're consistently ripped off.
I'm sure the prices would be adjusted for the US, but if they gave me the option to get that bundle for $500 here, I would be all over it.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #93 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 528
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/28/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-multiplayer-hands-on/
Quote:
Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 Multiplayer Hands-on

Going hands-on with Killzone: Shadow Fall’s multiplayer mode for the first time at Gamescom, I couldn’t help but feel that Shadow Fall represents a sea change for the veteran shooter series. The gameplay retains the series’ signature weight and heft, so you never feel like you’re ice-skating through the the meticulously detailed environments. But thanks to a host of refinements from Guerrilla Games, Shadow Fall is undeniably a faster, more fluid, and more satisfying Killzone. Call it Killzone reborn.

DualShock 4 plays a significant role here, with its massively upgraded ergonomics and shooter-friendly L2 and R2 triggers (though Shadow Fall will allow you to use the classic L1 and R1 as well, if you prefer). After my play session, Game Director Steven ter Heide commented that the Shadow Fall no longer uses aim assist, making it a truer test of skill. And you’ll never even notice that change, given the high responsiveness of DualShock 4’s comfortable new analog sticks.

Of course, the spectacular graphics don’t hurt the experience. Shadow Fall’s art direction takes a cue from Killzone’s traditional grey and red palette, then spikes it with orange, blue, and purple to create a look both grim and gorgeous. PS4’s powerful GPU struts its stuff in the desolate environments, rendering large, colorful maps drenched in atmospheric lights and shadow. Eye-catching visual details abound: the way moonlight briefly illuminates a raindrop as it streaks past, or how spotlights ominously scan the dark, tortured landscape.

Shadow Fall’s multiplayer mode starts by loosening stuffy conventions that have defined many modern military shooters. All of the game’s 22 weapons come unlocked, so you’re free to start building specialized classes from the get-go — a move that Guerrilla Games believes will help newcomers find an effective loadout quickly. And rather than grinding matches to earn XP, you’ll augment your equipment and upgrade your skills by completing more than 1,500 skill-based feats and challenges — everything from nailing headshots to destroying enemy shields and much, much more.

Speaking of weapons, Shadow Fall’s arsenal is far larger and more sophisticated than I was expecting. Killzone’s iconic M82 and stA-52 assault rifles both return to active duty, but they’re joined by a host of exotic new weapons, many of which feel both futuristic and lived-in. One versatile new weapon is a burst-fire energy carbine that chews through enemies at medium range, but tap L1 and you’ll extend the barrel to activate a lethal railgun charge-and-fire mode for impromptu sniping. Even a standard-issue VSA M55 Assault Rifle can prove to be a versatile weapon once upgraded with incendiary ammo, a buckshot secondary fire, sights, scopes, and more.

Shadow Fall brings a key innovation to the multiplayer battlefield in the form of player-defined Warzones, i.e. custom game variants that you can name and share online for all to play. You’ll choose from a host of settings dictating map selection, allowed weapons and attachments, faction-specific perks, and more before heading online to test your creation.

One of Guerrilla’s stated goals for Shadow Fall is to keep the game evolving with its player base, and the user-defined Warzones seem like an ideal place to start. Future expansion packs that add new Warzone modifiers are designed to keep Killzone fans experimenting for months, and years, to come.

Shadow Fall will ship with 10 multiplayer maps, and Guerrilla has already confirmed that post-launch DLC maps will be offered free of charge. And the final game promises to dish up an array of other niceties, from clan support to online and offline multiplayer bots, party chat, and a redesigned Killzone.com interface.

Killzone: Shadow Fall ships alongside PS4’s debut on November 15th. Have questions about the multiplayer mode? Leave your questions in the comments!
post #94 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked: 832
Some newish info (Bit PR-ish...):
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/28/killzone-shadow-fall-ps4-multiplayer-hands-on/
Quote:
DualShock 4 plays a significant role here, with its massively upgraded ergonomics and shooter-friendly L2 and R2 triggers (though Shadow Fall will allow you to use the classic L1 and R1 as well, if you prefer). After my play session, Game Director Steven ter Heide commented that the Shadow Fall no longer uses aim assist, making it a truer test of skill. And you’ll never even notice that change, given the high responsiveness of DualShock 4’s comfortable new analog sticks.

Shadow Fall’s multiplayer mode starts by loosening stuffy conventions that have defined many modern military shooters. All of the game’s 22 weapons come unlocked, so you’re free to start building specialized classes from the get-go — a move that Guerrilla Games believes will help newcomers find an effective loadout quickly. And rather than grinding matches to earn XP, you’ll augment your equipment and upgrade your skills by completing more than 1,500 skill-based feats and challenges — everything from nailing headshots to destroying enemy shields and much, much more.

Shadow Fall brings a key innovation to the multiplayer battlefield in the form of player-defined Warzones, i.e. custom game variants that you can name and share online for all to play. You’ll choose from a host of settings dictating map selection, allowed weapons and attachments, faction-specific perks, and more before heading online to test your creation.
One of Guerrilla’s stated goals for Shadow Fall is to keep the game evolving with its player base, and the user-defined Warzones seem like an ideal place to start. Future expansion packs that add new Warzone modifiers are designed to keep Killzone fans experimenting for months, and years, to come.

• -ships with 10 multiplayer maps,
  • -post-launch DLC maps will be offered free of charge
  • -clan support
  • -online and offline multiplayer bots
  • -party chat
  • -redesigned Killzone.com interface (like battlefield?)
  • -reaffirms November 15th launch
post #95 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'm sure the prices would be adjusted for the US, but if they gave me the option to get that bundle for $500 here, I would be all over it.

Yeah, for sure...but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe for $549.

post #96 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

10 maps ain't bad, but on the low end.

post #97 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

"Shadow Fall brings a key innovation to the multiplayer battlefield in the form of player-defined Warzones, i.e. custom game variants that you can name and share online for all to play. You’ll choose from a host of settings dictating map selection, allowed weapons and attachments, faction-specific perks, and more before heading online to test your creation".

Hasn't this been done before? I mean Halo has forge, where you can set up maps and game types. It's cool that they are doing something like this on Killzone, since I enjoy trying new modes when I get bored of the same old stuff.

post #98 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

10 maps ain't bad, but on the low end.

I was kind of expecting less actually based on a launch. I thought KZ2 and KZ3 launched with less, but maybe I'm thinking of main maps and not variations on each map. Good thing is all the DLC is coming free. The maps they have shown so far are absolutely gorgeous.
post #99 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
No aim assist... about time. That was one of my favotite parts about MAG. A true test of skill, this is now my day one shooter.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #100 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM

From the sounds of it you can save your presets, name them, and share them with friends (maybe create challenges / map win rules?) so they can load your shared preset game-profiles. Also sounds like they're trying to give you a ridiculous amount of customization options.

10 maps is fine with DLC incoming.

KZ2 launched with 8, but they were all pretty good so not a big deal. KZ3 launched with 10 (2 day 1 DLC KZ2 throwbacks), but some were hit or miss IMO.
post #101 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

From the sounds of it you can save your presets, name them, and share them with friends so they can load your shared preset game-profiles. Also sounds like they're trying to give you a ridiculous amount of customization options.

10 maps is fine with DLC incoming.

KZ2 launched with 8, but they were all pretty good so not a big deal. KZ3 launched with 10 (2 day 1 DLC KZ2 throwbacks), but some were hit or miss IMO.

I'd expect a game that's serious about MP to come with 15ish (the cod standard), so if we get 10 launch and 5 freebies, I'm cool with that. I kind of like the idea of spacing them out, even though I don't see the "free" maps as any sort of bonus value. Now that it's 60fps I'm def gonna give it a serious try.

post #102 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I would rather have 10 maps that have been tested to be fun and well designed than 15 of the CoD maps which feel like they weren't tested at all.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #103 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd expect a game that's serious about MP to come with 15ish (the cod standard), so if we get 10 launch and 5 freebies, I'm cool with that. I kind of like the idea of spacing them out, even though I don't see the "free" maps as any sort of bonus value. Now that it's 60fps I'm def gonna give it a serious try.

My favorite MP games this gen haven't started as many as COD but they've had some nice maps. Warhawk, Killzone 2 both have some very fun maps. Homefront (sob I really wish it was still being played frown.gif ) G.R.A.W. as well but that was quite a different feel, I guess Warhawk is a bit different as well.
More quality maps is always a good thing.
post #104 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM

It's always been my experience that 2-3 maps end up being the favorite ones always played in any FPS. Rarely, a 4th will make it in the chosen rotation.

I agree that quality is better over quantity, because too often most maps are just throwaways and never get the votes in a rotation.

Now if we only get 10 and 8 are throwaways...
post #105 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 373
This is moving from rental for the story to purchase.
post #106 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

No aim assist... about time. That was one of my favotite parts about MAG. A true test of skill, this is now my day one shooter.

Wow, props for that decision.Take off the training wheels to separate the men from the boys. Hopefully they add SIXAXIS motion aiming though.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #107 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

I think this is now my launch shooter as well. Everything they have been showing keeps getting better, and now no auto aim/aim assist, awesome! All of my favourite shooters (SOCOM, MAG) to date have not had auto aim.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #108 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I had thought about letting my pre-order go and just waiting until Second Son came out, but all the Killzone info just gets better and better, so I am reconsidering it.

post #109 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

I really hope they bring the bundle that was announced for Europe on this game. The PS4, Killzone, the camera, and an extra controller for 500 is an awesome deal.

WTF...crazy deal.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #110 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WTF...crazy deal. Honestly...I would consider buying the EU version and having it shipped here (cost aside) then selling my launch console on craigslist.

post #111 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

10 maps...Seems about normal to me. 15 maps in COD? I don't recall that many.

Is aim assist really that big of a deal? It only seems slightly noticable most of the time and I usually end up fighting it when I notice it.

post #112 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 PM

yeah it is; as it separates the boys for men. Especially with Headshots and quick DTS actions.

Game like COD will snap right to the player if you're point anywhere near them, which makes careful play and strategy much less rewarding.
post #113 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

yeah it is; as it separates the boys for men. Especially with Headshots and quick DTS actions.

Game like COD will snap right to the player if you're point anywhere near them, which makes careful play and strategy much less rewarding.

It's only does that in single player cod. In MP there's like a little bubble around enemies at close range where sensitivity lowers and it tracks with them if they move laterally. It never aims for you and snaps to them.

I've played games with and without aim assist, and the ones without it never feel right. If its too difficult to aim while moving, people are just going to resort to camping.

post #114 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

COD MP definately doesnt snap to target.

Quote:

It's only does that in single player cod. In MP there's like a little bubble around enemies at close range where sensitivity lowers and it tracks with them if they move laterally. It never aims for you and snaps to them.

I've played games with and without aim assist, and the ones without it never feel right. If its too difficult to aim while moving, people are just going to resort to camping.

Like I said above. I've seen some serious aim assist, but it generally only happens real close range where you shoudlnt really be ADS anyway. Other than that a slight move of the reticule when ADS if someone ran past me, but it never locked on them. Usually it would happen at in opportune times like trying to move from one target to another when multiple enemies are on screen, but it never locked in.

post #115 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Some sexy character models:

Vektans

Helghan

ISA M82 assault rifle has been replaced by the brand-new M55:

StA-52 assault rifle retired for the StA-55

VC-30 shotgun

Shotgun Pistol VC15

post #116 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm a little bummed to see a grenade launcher on the assualt rifle, but hopefully it won't turn the online into a tube fest like COD can be.

post #117 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM

A launcher on a rifle should make accuracy go down, while also costing loadout points that could be better used on scopes and grips. Guess well have to see, But I know I'd force tradeoffs if I was a Dev (in addition to ammo capacity)
post #118 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Aim assist is why quick scoping works. Blops 2 had it really bad, had one guy drag my reticle 20 feet just by running past me. (Not even aiming down my sights) ADS does have a snap on effect in multiplayer, but it is nothing like the single player. Try playing the game online without aim assist, it is a completly different animal.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #119 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I really hope the SP is awesome. KZ2's sp is such a fantastic experience and then KZ3 was a huge step down.
post #120 of 1031 Old 08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Aim assist is why quick scoping works. Blops 2 had it really bad, had one guy drag my reticle 20 feet just by running past me. (Not even aiming down my sights) ADS does have a snap on effect in multiplayer, but it is nothing like the single player. Try playing the game online without aim assist, it is a completly different animal.

Yeah, it will stay stuck to the general area around your target, only at close range. It doesn't actually put the sights on the target for you, but if you're on target, it'll stay on target.

Without it all someone has to do is strafe, and it's crazy difficult to kill them. It's be nice if dual sticks were precise enough not to need it, but hearing that the game doesn't have it takes it down a notch IMO. It's not an easy button, it's what makes the game playable at all.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone Shadow Fall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page