Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #181 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Ultra high quality video capture of the multi player.
You have to download it to your computer to view.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/

Here's a download link that I used if you can't get it to work.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/

If your computer or player have trouble handling the file, I would suggest installing this player.
http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html
freemeat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

If your computer or player have trouble handling the file, I would suggest installing this player.

Looks good!

After watching a few proper 1080p/60 videos, you really start to see how god awful low bitrate 720p/30 is for seeing what the next gen really looks like.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #183 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I should have posted this earlier but in case people are trying to play this on your PS3, I would advise to make sure all the picture enhancements are off. Long ago when 1080 60p camcorders were hitting the market, I was one of the first people to experiment with it on the PS3 and their were people getting different results. Eventually someone found out that the people who got the best results has the picture enhancements off.

Oh, you have to demux the MOV file into a regular .MP4 file. Come on! Why put it into a format that is not compatible with the PS3 natively without demuxing the file? At least the file plays flawlessly on my computer no matter what player I use but some people might not be so lucky.
post #184 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 394
post #185 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Awesome visuals... thanks for posting.

KZ:SF uses FXAA and TMAA ta fight dem jaggies:
Quote:
@StevenTerHeide1 @WebinventDotCom We use FXAA + TMAA now, will dig deeper in a future publication, but it does complement each other..

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #186 of 1031 Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_killzone_shadow_fall_multiplayer_video-14800_en.html

Gamersyde already transcoded it into a nice MP4 file that will play on your PS3. Hopefully this is the start of Devs/Sony realizing they have to do more to get media out there that shows off their next gen games.

The current gaming media infrastructure is woefully inadequate to show 1080P60 in all it's glory. Hopefully that also realize the benefits of 60 FPS at 1080P (Sonys been pretty good about the 1080P benchmark, but framerates above 45FPS are important too)
post #187 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Such a large disparity in developer talent. Looking at this then looking at something like COD, makes me wonder what Infinity Ward is doing? Don't they have an insanely larger budget
post #188 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Such a large disparity in developer talent. Looking at this then looking at something like COD, makes me wonder what Infinity Ward is doing? Don't they have an insanely larger budget

KZ has the luxury of being a first party title developed exclusively for next gen. It's not really a fair comparison.

post #189 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

KZ has the luxury of being a first party title developed exclusively for next gen. It's not really a fair comparison.

I guess. I just thought COD games were the best selling FPS's and they have a massive budget compared to GG.

I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog puts out.
post #190 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:

I can't wait until games no longer have to consider last gen at all. Really hard to justify keeping that Ghosts preorder...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #191 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I guess. I just thought COD games were the best selling FPS's and they have a massive budget compared to GG.

I can't wait to see what Naughty Dog puts out.

I'm sure they have a huge budget, but they also have to develop for 6 platforms with wildly varying architectures and capabilities. There's a ton of considerations and compromises they have to deal with due to that.

GG gets to be solely focused on the most powerful next gen console, and prob has insider access to the Sony engineers that 3rd parties don't. If KZ didn't look a whole lot better than cod, something's not right.

So I wouldn't even bring talent into the equation...if anything the cod devs have a considerably more challenging problem to solve. That said, if the PS4 version is anywhere near the PC version I've been playing, ghosts on next gen looks a hell of a lot better than people are giving it credit for.
freemeat likes this.

post #192 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I can't wait until games no longer have to consider last gen at all. Really hard to justify keeping that Ghosts preorder...

True, well as bd2003 mentions that isn't a problem with KZ:SF as it is one platform.
Quote:

I'm sure they have a huge budget, but they also have to develop for 6 platforms with wildly varying architectures and capabilities. There's a ton of considerations and compromises they have to deal with due to that.

GG gets to be solely focused on the most powerful next gen console, and prob has insider access to the Sony engineers that 3rd parties don't. If KZ didn't look a whole lot better than cod, something's not right.

So I wouldn't even bring talent into the equation...if anything the cod devs have a considerably more challenging problem to solve.

Very good points. I keep forgetting it is on 6+ platforms.

Makes me curious how Watch Dogs is going to pan out. The latest footage doesn't look as good as the initial reveal sadly.
post #193 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have my doubts that KZ will play as good as it looks.

post #194 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

True, well as bd2003 mentions that isn't a problem with KZ:SF as it is one platform.
Very good points. I keep forgetting it is on 6+ platforms.

Makes me curious how Watch Dogs is going to pan out. The latest footage doesn't look as good as the initial reveal sadly.

I'm pretty skeptical on WD too. Never forget assassins creed 1....never forget.

post #195 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Infinity Ward had constant access to Sony and Microsoft tech help. They got special access and Mark Rubin bragged about in several interviews. They make it hard to not blame them on this one...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #196 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have my doubts that KZ will play as good as it looks.

I'm trying to be optimistic. KZ2 is fantastic (love the gameplay) where as KZ3 is a big step backwards, especially in level design. KZ:SF doesn't look like either from what they've shown.

I really don't care for the OWL thing either but who knows, it could end up being fun. If the gameplay matches KZ2 I will be very happy. If it ends up feeling like Call of Duty or Battlefield 4 (played the beta) that will be a hug disappointment.

The videos lead me to believe the players do have weight to them, so it should turn out well.
post #197 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Infinity Ward had constant access to Sony and Microsoft tech help. They got special access and Mark Rubin bragged about in several interviews. They make it hard to not blame them on this one...

The current gen legacy is the far bigger issue in either case. There isn't a single cross gen title that doesn't just basically look like the current gen version with an extra coat of paint and better resolution. 

post #198 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Activision is also milking every drop of profit from COD. KZ like plenty of Sony games, is good if it just breaks even and attracts more people to the brand.

One of the reason I tend to like Sony; while everything is always business related, sometimes it isn't just about the bottom line but the bigger picture. They give their guys more creativity, they take chances on IP's/games you'll never see on other competitors, and it's not always about moving X widgets.

And if they do great? They move them up the food chain (SOCOM, GOW, TM, Uncharted, LBP). It's basically how it's always been.

Quote:

That said, if the PS4 version is anywhere near the PC version I've been playing, ghosts on next gen looks a hell of a lot better than people are giving it credit for.

Also that, the ultra setting on PC impressed even me. Still, you'll need a pretty good rig to do it and a lot of RAM.
Quote:

The current gen legacy is the far bigger issue in either case. There isn't a single cross gen title that doesn't just basically look like the current gen version with an extra coat of paint and better resolution. 

I'd say BF4. That game is barely running on current gen and from what the friends have told me sometimes it doesn't, as in frequent freezing and lockups. The maps have also been drastically reduced to allow it to run.
post #199 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea BF4 is greatly different current gen vs next. Video below is a comparison of all four consoles. Xbone and PS4 look far better and not in a coat of paint way. There are a lot more smoke particles when the wall blows out, thousands of birds vs 2, clothing and rocks with a ton more texture, the buildings in the background are a lot more defined with billboards, etc. Take all that and add 40 players @ 60 frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdIpSpJyWSY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
freemeat likes this.
post #200 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Activision is also milking every drop of profit from COD. KZ like plenty of Sony games, is good if it just breaks even and attracts more people to the brand.

One of the reason I tend to like Sony; while everything is always business related, sometimes it isn't just about the bottom line but the bigger picture. They give their guys more creativity, they take chances on IP's/games you'll never see on other competitors, and it's not always about moving X widgets.

And if they do great? They move them up the food chain (SOCOM, GOW, TM, Uncharted, LBP). It's basically how it's always been.
Also that, the ultra setting on PC impressed even me. Still, you'll need a pretty good rig to do it and a lot of RAM.
I'd say BF4. That game is barely running on current gen and from what the friends have told me sometimes it doesn't, as in frequent freezing and lockups. The maps have also been drastically reduced to allow it to run.

BF4 is probably the best example, but that's almost an unfair comparison because like you say....it's barely running on current gen.  It's the only title that feels like a next-gen title crammed onto current gen, instead of vice versa...but it's felt that way since BF3. Even so, the X1 version is basically running at the same resolution as the 360 version, they just chose frame rate over resolution (the right choice IMO.) The PS4 can't manage full 1080p either.  

The KZ video looked great, but the frame rate was incredibly unstable...the only time it seemed to run at a solid 60 was in the cave at the beginning. It looked like it dropped to 30fps by the very end. However nice it looked, I'll take the stable frame rate over eye candy any day. The fundamental tradeoffs between frame rate, resolution and image quality are still the single most determinant factor in all of this. Say what you want about cod, but it's usually butter smooth. Supposedly the fps take a hit in the PS4 version of ghosts, but I bet that's probably only an issue in single player.

post #201 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 PM

I'm also not ready to crucify COD yet either based on some Youtube vids. If one things apparent, youtube isn't enough anymore to judge IQ if we've finally hit the HD generation.

Fast movement of games sees their compression codec completely fail and turn textures into a nice bland soup of one color. And 30FPS kills any framerate advantages. COD could be running vastly higher textures and models and you'd barely know with youtube.

We've already seen those problems with both KZSF and Driveclub which weren't getting much credit until they started releasing proper bitrate stuff themselves.
post #202 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I'm also not ready to crucify COD yet either based on some Youtube vids. If one things apparent, youtube isn't enough anymore to judge IQ if we've finally hit the HD generation.

Fast movement of games sees their compression codec completely fail and turn textures into a nice bland soup of one color. And 30FPS kills any framerate advantages. COD could be running vastly higher textures and models and you'd barely know with youtube.

We've already seen those problems with both KZSF and Driveclub which weren't getting much credit until they started releasing proper bitrate stuff themselves.

What's nuts is it takes over 30-40 seconds for ghosts to load at ultra settings....on a very fast SSD. I'm not looking forward to seeing what load times are like on the dinky little laptop drive in the PS4, especially once it gets fragmented.

post #203 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What's nuts is it takes over 30-40 seconds for ghosts to load at ultra settings....on a very fast SSD. I'm not looking forward to seeing what load times are like on the dinky little laptop drive in the PS4, especially once it gets fragmented.

The game only uses 2GB of RAM as well, so it isn't a stretch to call it a lazy port.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #204 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
As long as the frame rate is locked at 30FPS, it never bothered me. I have played a **** load of COD which was 60FPS and Resistance/Killzone which was locked at 30 FPS. I never noticed COD being any smoother feeling than those 30 FPS games. Plus the way I look at it, the online lag of COD made it moot that the game was running at 60 FPS.... I laugh when I hear COD developers brag about how they care about there game being butterly smooth but never invested the extra $$$ in better servers, well not untill Ghost.

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #205 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The game only uses 2GB of RAM as well, so it isn't a stretch to call it a lazy port.

I assure you it uses considerably more than that. It seems to hover around 2-3GB system memory, but that doesn't count VRAM. it completely maxes out my 2GB card....they don't even recommend ultra textures unless you have 4GB. I don't believe the spillover from VRAM to system memory gets taken into account in the task manager (where I assume people got that figure from).

post #206 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I assure you it uses considerably more than that. It seems to hover around 2-3GB system memory, but that doesn't count VRAM. it completely maxes out my 2GB card....they don't even recommend ultra textures unless you have 4GB. I don't believe the spillover from VRAM to system memory gets taken into account in the task manager (where I assume people got that figure from).

Probably, there seems to be an unofficial patch that eliminates the hard lock of 6GB but I haven't seen it in action anywhere.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #207 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just for fun, here's a relatively similar scene from KZ, ghosts and crysis 3.  

If I'm being honest with myself, one of those three doesn't really stand up to the others, and it's not the one I thought it would be.

post #208 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Sony has done a stellar job with first party games and I'm really looking forward to the eyecandy KZ will be but at the same time I'm worried how long I will actually play it. SP all the way sure but the MP better drag me in like no other. If its just a generic FPS I will trade it off quickly.
post #209 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just for fun, here's a relatively similar scene from KZ, ghosts and crysis 3.  

If I'm being honest with myself, one of those three doesn't really stand up to the others, and it's not the one I thought it would be.

Crysis really underwhelmed me, so much that I didn't even finish it.
post #210 of 1031 Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Sony has done a stellar job with first party games and I'm really looking forward to the eyecandy KZ will be but at the same time I'm worried how long I will actually play it. SP all the way sure but the MP better drag me in like no other. If its just a generic FPS I will trade it off quickly.

KZ was the original teamplay FPS before BFBC2 took up the console title. If you have a good group to screw around with, it's the prefect arcade-y compliment to BF4's more serious, open world squad play.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Killzone Shadow Fall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page