Forum Jump: 
 117Likes

post #541 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 590
To me the cars feel different. Some are really hard to control for me, some I love like the Lotus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Read GAF. Wow some of those people are...really fkn angry. It's like Sony did them bodily harm. Maybe their pushing the paid version, maybe there are issues, whatever, it's just a racing game. I can see if a COD is delayed there would be riots but over a racer? (Not saying a COD delay is worth rioting but those with that mentality...) It does make me wonder what they did over the last year though. Day one server issues after a year delay doesn't look good. Reviews seem decent though.
I would kind of understand if it was say, Gran Turismo 7 or something.

Like getting mad over a video game. I'll never do it, or get that mad. But that swatting stuff kids do because of CoD of all games.
post #543 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Right now with FH2 being so hot, I think they should have either released this a month earlier ( which it probably wasn't ready) or waited until November and released it in its completed form with weather and working online.

Anyone with both systems is probably playing FH2 right now with little interest in this. Add another poor launch and people like me are saying nah...I'll wait and see about this one.
Smigro likes this.
post #544 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 225
BF launch was something to get mad about... now that was a sh1t show.

The in car view is awesome.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #545 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedallas2005 View Post
Beautiful game ...I'm not buying it until they provide wheel support for logitec and other racing wheels! And I know they said the new Thrustmasters will work but I'm not sinking another $400 in the new T300RS wheel when my G27 works great. Just read this game was ready to go last year but they've been tweaking it...they had a FULL year to add wheel support and haven't done crap!!!! How you can release a state of the art game and not provide support for the hardcore racers is beyond me... it would be a sin to play this game on a crappy PS4 controller. I have already setup up an awesome race rig and invested $1000 into it, I've been waiting a year for some good news ...My buddies and I where having a blast playing in my basement theater GT5 on the PS3 on Friday nights... with 2 full race rig setups. I shoulda just stuck with the PS3, the PS4 isn't impressive at all a year later.

Hope the initial sales are dismal! If SONY releases a patch the night before YOU BET I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
My man, drinking and virtual driving...LOVE IT and do it regularly!!
dukedallas2005 likes this.
post #546 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
Right now with FH2 being so hot, I think they should have either released this a month earlier ( which it probably wasn't ready) or waited until November and released it in its completed form with weather and working online.

Anyone with both systems is probably playing FH2 right now with little interest in this. Add another poor launch and people like me are saying nah...I'll wait and see about this one.
I'm glad I get to play it now, love it. Of course I want to play it for myself with the dynamic weather as well. I'd also like to have photo mode for better pictures (hopefully clicking L3 to instant freeze for the pictures).

I do hope they add quite a few more locations in the DLC. There is a borderline decent amount of tracks in the 5 areas but it could definitely use more locations. I love the really long courses, there is one that starts in the low lands and works it way up in altitude to snow elevation That is my one concern, just not enough tracks for the long haul. Destiny is very disappointing in that area..

edit: adding the option to use you own music would be nice as well though I don't think you can put your own music on the PS4.

I wonder how long it takes them to create some of these courses. They clearly put a lot of care into them.

Last edited by freemeat; 10-08-2014 at 11:21 AM.
post #547 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I agree with you on the free customers. But the rest of us paid for a game that doesn't allow us to use certain features. I usually allow the first day server bugs to fixed. After the first few days I start to get annoyed. So hopefully tonight it will be set.
Yep, I'm a paid owner and hoping for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post
LOL. Complaints about something that's free? They aren't releasing the free version and haven't given us an ETA for when we should expect it.

I believe the complaints stem from the fact that this was promised at launch and that it would be free...the ENTIRE game. Then we were told just a small portion of it would be free. Then, without any advance notice whatsoever, we're told that the free version can't be released because that would add too much to their already overloaded server load.

Give me a break. I'm surprised there aren't more complaints.
But can we really complain for this? It's sad to see technical issues prevent timely release but the rest is self entitled BS.

Also it was never the whole game, but a "ps plus edition". Check the E3 slides to verify.

I also see people complain about the free PS+ titles. At least there you are paying a subscription, but that program leads the industry in pure value. But no AAA title this month ensures nerd rage.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #548 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

edit: adding the option to use you own music would be nice as well though I don't think you can put your own music on the PS4.
This is a racing game... the exhaust note should be the only music you need.
Johnny Mnemonic likes this.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #549 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
It is quite nice playing without music, but the option for both would be good.

The one graphical area that I'd love an update to would be for Watch Dogs water. I imagine that would draw too much. I think the water is the weakest aspect of the visuals. Overall though it is amazingly immersive racing experience to drive these environments.
post #550 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:

No I like my Classical station playing while cruising around. I mentioned already engine sounds very muffled. I feel like I am listening to the car beside me and not my own.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #551 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 811
I'd rather hear music over the exhaust. I've never liked loud cars or motorcycles.

What about remapping buttons? I wanted to remap the Emergency Brake to the bottom buttton, which I think is the X button. I'm not sure if I overlooked that option, or if there is just no way to do it.
post #552 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It is quite nice playing without music, but the option for both would be good.

The one graphical area that I'd love an update to would be for Watch Dogs water. I imagine that would draw too much. I think the water is the weakest aspect of the visuals. Overall though it is amazingly immersive racing experience to drive these environments.

I am hoping for snow on the track. A light snow falling down and if you are not in first you can see the fresh tire tracks in the snow. Then when you lap around, where the tires didn't touch the road it could be thicker in those areas making it harder to drive through if you hit it.

I know I am dreaming but it would be sweet.
d_m1010 and freemeat like this.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #553 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No I like my Classical station playing while cruising around. I mentioned already engine sounds very muffled. I feel like I am listening to the car beside me and not my own.
Just hold R1 or L1 + down on the directional pad to roll down the windows and let the sweet sounds in.

Love the attention to detail.
Johnny Mnemonic likes this.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #554 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I am hoping for snow on the track. A light snow falling down and if you are not in first you can see the fresh tire tracks in the snow. Then when you lap around, where the tires didn't touch the road it could be thicker in those areas making it harder to drive through if you hit it.

I know I am dreaming but it would be sweet.
That would be awesome. Didn't Motorstorm do that with mud in the first game? Though it think it was only temporarily.

Very curious to see the snow and rain and how it plays into driving. Some of these courses will be deadly when slick or icy if they actually change how the road feels in weather. It would be cool to have an option for just the visuals or one with visuals and handling impact.
post #555 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just hold R1 or L1 + down on the directional pad to roll down the windows and let the sweet sounds in.

Love the attention to detail.

Rolling down my windows will cause drag and slow my ass down. I need to be going full speed if I plan on taking you off the road.

post #556 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mnemonic View Post
Yep, I'm a paid owner and hoping for the same.

But can we really complain for this? It's sad to see technical issues prevent timely release but the rest is self entitled BS.

Also it was never the whole game, but a "ps plus edition". Check the E3 slides to verify.

I also see people complain about the free PS+ titles. At least there you are paying a subscription, but that program leads the industry in pure value. But no AAA title this month ensures nerd rage.
Whaaa? A year delay, an ambiguous reference to a PS+ edition with little explanation until the last few weeks/months, and now a release that pulls the promised free version, but maintains the paid ones?

It's not self-entitled BS, it's holding a company accountable for their shady marketing practices. And I should go on record to say that I never intended to buy this game, but perhaps will download the free version to take it for a spin. I'm just not a big racer fan.

But that's not the point. The point is they say they're experiencing server problems and to counter that with not releasing the free version. Are they continuing to sell the full game? Yep. Might those sales also lead to an excessive server load? Just doesn't seem to pass the sniff test. One almost has to wonder if they're engaging in a bit of trickery. I'm sure a large percentage of consumers never realized there was going to be a free version. Perhaps this is the developers way of increasing their sales.

Add all of that to the tidbit of a $10 preorder bonus and you have to wonder if they knew they had a doomed launch.

I'm not angry, slighted, or in any way miffed. What I am is mystified by this one year late release and the way in which they handled yesterday's release. And give me a break, "server issues." It's 2014 and you have to have a pretty good idea about what the install base is going to look like. Server issues are still a thing?
reddice likes this.

------------------------------------
PSN/XBO: frankthetoad
post #557 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That would be awesome. Didn't Motorstorm do that with mud in the first game? Though it think it was only temporarily.

Very curious to see the snow and rain and how it plays into driving. Some of these courses will be deadly when slick or icy if they actually change how the road feels in weather. It would be cool to have an option for just the visuals or one with visuals and handling impact.
Oh c'mon rookie, you need the visuals and the handling. Take the training wheels off.

I never played motorstorm so I am not sure.

post #558 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Drifting corners on wet tracks should be fun.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #559 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh c'mon rookie, you need the visuals and the handling. Take the training wheels off.

I never played motorstorm so I am not sure.
Motorstorm is great but with bad AI and overly difficult. DriveClub has much better AI and difficulty curve for me so far at least.

You have seen the screens of my cars without rain or snow If the game had full destruction the car would not look like that, I wouldn't finish most races

My 6 year old managed to make a car do a barrel roll, no idea how.
post #560 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Motorstorm is great but with bad AI and overly difficult. DriveClub has much better AI and difficulty curve for me so far at least.

You have seen the screens of my cars without rain or snow If the game had full destruction the car would not look like that, I wouldn't finish most races

Looks like your wife/GF got mad at you.
freemeat likes this.

post #561 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
My 6 year old managed to make a car do a barrel roll, no idea how.

aaronwt and freemeat like this.
post #562 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post
Haha, that was perfect! His wasn't quite as graceful but it was something like that. He was in 3rd person view and it looked hilarious.
post #563 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I am getting Driveclub today from Amazon and I have also been playing FH2. Are they similar games?
post #564 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Long article at the link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...4-vs-driveclub

Digital Foundry vs DriveClub

post #565 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m1010 View Post
I am getting Driveclub today from Amazon and I have also been playing FH2. Are they similar games?
Driveclub has set tracks where FH is open world from what I understand.

The only open world racer I played was NFS which was ok. I think I prefer set tracks better anyway. It's fun shaving seconds off and that's not as fun in an open world.
d_m1010 likes this.
post #566 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The only open world racer I played was NFS which was ok. I think I prefer set tracks better anyway. It's fun shaving seconds off and that's not as fun in an open world.
FH has both options. The races are sort of set tracks as you have checkpoints you have to cross through. To prevent you making your own shortcuts. You can travel both on and off road when you like but at the end of the day you need to pass through the checkpoints.

Has anyone seen if the multiplayer option is up?

post #567 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just remembered you have an XB1, try the demo out. Its a long demo. You can then compare both demos.

post #568 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
I just remembered you have an XB1, try the demo out. Its a long demo. You can then compare both demos.
Probably a good reason to dust off my xbone. Hopefully the demo is SP. I think my Live sub is lapsed again.
post #569 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
My man, drinking and virtual driving...LOVE IT and do it regularly!!

LOL yeah you see why im so pissed now we had the rigs lined up friday nights with 2 cases of beer, I even made a matching console to hold the beer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-16_23-08-49_282.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	300738  
post #570 of 934 Old 10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedallas2005 View Post
LOL yeah you see why im so pissed now we had the rigs lined up friday nights with 2 cases of beer, I even made a matching console to hold the beer!

Love the cup holders.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page