DriveClub (PS4) - Page 40 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 549Likes

post #1171 of 2232 Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Couldn't pass up the great deal I saw at Target for $39.

Picked it up at lunch today, looking forwarding to joining in the fun.
Abaddon and BDUB619 like this.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2232 Old 12-16-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedallas2005 View Post
LOL it came to $150 after I sold my GT27 for $250
Damn. I got excited.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #1173 of 2232 Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Nah, I posted before you went, you edged me out by a couple of hundredths. I saw this morning but didn't have time (or heart) to attempt it. We both got absolutely killed by someone else though, the same guy I struggled to beat last night. He ended up beating us both by a lot, don't remember the time exactly, but it was under four minutes. Guy is a ****ing wizard or something, just crazy.

Nexus, I (briefly) tried that GTA Spano challenge, I have to ask you what the hell you were thinking? . In the rain that thing handles like an Atom on ice. I will take another stab at that later...
Apparently I did create that challenge. I guess it's because I tried some random one it must have issued it to everyone or maybe made it available? I do remember running it against the number one who was ridiculously fast but now it's my poky time on top.
post #1174 of 2232 Old 12-16-2014, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Just did the 25 lap race that happi created, 34 minutes 27 seconds. Holy **** man that was one hell of a race, I dont recall ever being so engaged in a video game. White knuckle experience and in the last few laps when I was ahead of the AI 2nd place car by 4 seconds and missed a shift and almost screwed up the whole thing I was shaking the whole time haha. That was my first time in that car and on that track, I spent about 3/4 of the race in 3rd, very slowly gaining on the first two AI cars, towards the 17th lap I got 2nd and then soon after 1st. Those AI cards on legend difficultly are no joke, and when you start lapping the other AI racers it is very very white knuckle trying to get fast clean passes to keep your lead. We need more of those long endurance type races, that was a TON of fun.
Spanglo and Chairman7w like this.
post #1175 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Apparently there is a Venom Hot Lap 2 in one of the new tour packs*.

I'm not sure whether to giggle, cry, or scream...

* Note1: these are not free; from now on, you need to buy tour packets or have the Season Pass.
* Note2: comes out next Tuesday in the US.
post #1176 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

* Note1: these are not free; from now on, you need to buy tour packets or have the Season Pass.
That's one of 3 events I have left. The others are that nasty RUF challenge, and all stars on one of the drift events.

I didn't have the will to beat them because it wasn't required to plat the game.
post #1177 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003 View Post
That's one of 3 events I have left. The others are that nasty RUF challenge, and all stars on one of the drift events.
I'd bet the drift is Pagani drift... ugh... and RUF Ride was a big challenge as well, getting the time star. (Winning is easy enough).

Quote:
I didn't have the will to beat them because it wasn't required to plat the game.
Do it! It's very satisfying to get the 225/225 stars. It's also helpful in understanding traction/wheel slip and throttle control on Hyper cars at a more instinctive level, I think...
Spanglo likes this.
post #1178 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

On another note, saw this on GAF, it's pretty awesome:

post #1179 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Awesome, I played a few random races (against AI only) and this game is incredible. Raced on a track in Scotland, with rain. I started at 4pm and it got dark. SO freakin' cool! I went from last the first time. 11th the second time, and and 4th the third time. Learning the tracks really is key (as it should be).

I did the first India races (for stars) and did great, won those races. *Really* looking forward to getting into this game more, it's incredible.
Oh- and I joined the AVS club - but I don't know what that means. There's a lot to this game, and I'm totally flying blind right now, got a lot of learning to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post
Couldn't pass up the great deal I saw at Target for $39.

Picked it up at lunch today, looking forwarding to joining in the fun.
Abaddon likes this.

post #1180 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
I'd bet the drift is Pagani drift... ugh... and RUF Ride was a big challenge as well, getting the time star. (Winning is easy enough).

Do it! It's very satisfying to get the 225/225 stars. It's also helpful in understanding traction/wheel slip and throttle control on Hyper cars at a more instinctive level, I think...

Yep, The dreaded Pagani Drift, RUF Ride, and the Venom Hot lap. Guess I saved the best ones for last!

The DLC stars weren't too bad to knock out. Nothing really stands out that's as challenging (annoying) as the stars I have left to compete on the main game.
post #1181 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I added a couple of you on PSN and gotta say, your times are impressive!! Playing Tour mode, seeing your times, some of them totally killed my racing ego lol.

Also trying to get the hang of the Drift button. It's not easy but I seem to be making (slow) progress.

Drive Club is the most fun I've had with my PS4 since I bought it at launch!

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #1182 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post
I added a couple of you on PSN and gotta say, your times are impressive!! Playing Tour mode, seeing your times, some of them totally killed my racing ego lol.

Also trying to get the hang of the Drift button. It's not easy but I seem to be making (slow) progress.

Ah you're Ringo619. I should've guessed by the area code.

Don't get discouraged by the times on the leaderboard. Most of those times were posted on 2nd and 3rd attempts after we completed the tour. Our original times were not good at all. And because DC was broken at launch and didn't record most of the times properly to begin with so do overs were necessary.
BDUB619 likes this.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT

Last edited by Spanglo; 12-17-2014 at 11:08 AM.
post #1183 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:

What I like about this game is that it lets you map the buttons wherever you want so I set mine up like FM:

RT-gas
LT-brake
RB-change view
LB-ebrake
O-shift down
X-look behind
□-shift up

I forget what I put the other two things on but I am not even sure what they are for.
post #1184 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I have been meaning to ask, are there any spots in any of the clubs?
post #1185 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
I have a couple slots open in my club, just started it last night. Me and a couple friends in it so far. I'll send you an invite, if you're interested, join up.

"DC Funk Bruthas"

Watch for us as we rise up the leaderboard lol

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #1186 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Clubs are limited to only 6 members. Both the AVS ones are full. Start another one.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #1187 of 2232 Old 12-17-2014, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have a couple slots open in my club, just started it last night. Me and a couple friends in it so far. I'll send you an invite, if you're interested, join up.

"DC Funk Bruthas"

Watch for us as we rise up the leaderboard lol
Thank you. My buddies have a club also that is full and they may be able to make room for me but if not I will definitely join.
post #1188 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked: 944
Quote:
What I like about this game is that it lets you map the buttons wherever you want so I set mine up like FM:

RT-gas
LT-brake
RB-change view
LB-ebrake
O-shift down
X-look behind
□-shift up

I forget what I put the other two things on but I am not even sure what they are for.
The only button I wanted to map was the Emergency Brake. I wanted to map it on the bottom button to match the location of the E-Brake on Forza Horizon 2. But it wouldn't let me map the E-Brake there.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1189 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Clubs are limited to only 6 members. Both the AVS ones are full. Start another one.
I noticed there was a club called "Cool AVS Club" or something like that. I got a chuckle from that.

I really need to get my level up. I tried out some challenges earlier this week and I'm finally up to level 26 or 27. But I seem to be way behind everyone else now in the "non-cool" AVS club.

There are just too many great games out. Then add Christmas to the mix and a backlog of BD and TV content I want to watch. And I haven't been spending as much time on Drive Club as I would like. Hopefully I'll be able to spend some quality time with it after Christmas since I have several "use or lose" PTO days I need to take before the end of the year.
Smigro and freemeat like this.

LED DLP

Last edited by aaronwt; 12-18-2014 at 01:56 PM.
post #1190 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So... apparently it is the same track (and configuration) as the original, but A) at night and B) in heavy rain. They added four whole seconds to the dry/day three-star lap time...
post #1191 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I noticed there was a club called "Cool AVS Club" or something like that. I got a chuckle from that.

I really need to get my level up. I tried out some challenges earlier this week and I'm finally up to level 26 or 27. But I seem to be way behind everyone else now in the "non-cool" AVS club.

There are just too many great games out. Then add Christmas to the mix and a backlog of BD and TV content I want to watch. And I haven't been spending as much time on Drive Club as I would like. Hopefully I'll be able to spend some quality time with it after Christmas since I have several "use or lose" PTO days I need to take before the end of the year.
Cool AVS Club is where all the cool kids hangout
emartins likes this.
post #1192 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The only button I wanted to map was the Emergency Brake. I wanted to map it on the bottom button to match the location of the E-Brake on Forza Horizon 2. But it wouldn't let me map the E-Brake there.
See, that is where I differ. In Forza motorsport and Forza horizon I use manual with the clutch and I use the option to swap E brake and clutch which puts the clutch on the A button in the E brakeon the LB button.
post #1193 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hear ya on the playing time. I used to play weekends only, never during the week, but now that there are so many games out I've been forcing myself to play weeknights so I don't fall behind. Its been hell.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #1194 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Cool AVS Club is where all the cool kids hangout
This is true

Ill be back to this game next month. My racing seat came in today and I plan on ordering the wheels next month. Tired of racing against you wheelie people. One of my employees had one he could fold up and said he really liked it so thats what I got. Set it up and really dug it. Its comfy and the wheel/pedals can stay on while folded up. I don't play at a desk and I don't think wants a racing seat in the living room again. She was never fond of my other one when we first got married. Curious on what dukedallas thinks of the wheel. Once you use a wheel with FF you just can't use any other. Sort of like once you race with a wheel using a controller sucks.

Most of you can get ready to see Lazy above you on most of those challenges. If I am seconds behind you now just wait till I can turn for real.

post #1195 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That reminds me, I wanted to watch the first 2 Hobbits before watching the 3rd on Saturday. Looks like I have busy Friday.

post #1196 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So... apparently it is the same track (and configuration) as the original, but A) at night and B) in heavy rain. They added four whole seconds to the dry/day three-star lap time...
I've grown to love both that car and track. Definitely wasn't love at first sight tho.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #1197 of 2232 Old 12-18-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
See, that is where I differ. In Forza motorsport and Forza horizon I use manual with the clutch and I use the option to swap E brake and clutch which puts the clutch on the A button in the E brakeon the LB button.
In real life I can't stand driving an automatic so I only buy cars with manual transmissions.

But in the racing games I only use automatic transmissions. I have enough trouble in them without having to deal with shifting.
Smigro likes this.

LED DLP
post #1198 of 2232 Old 12-19-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In real life I can't stand driving an automatic so I only buy cars with manual transmissions.

But in the racing games I only use automatic transmissions. I have enough trouble in them without having to deal with shifting.
I used to until I realized how much faster your times are using a manual. I am one of those that as soon as I get a Forza game every assist gets turned off before I even start my first race.
post #1199 of 2232 Old 12-19-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Since the "cool" AVS guys are all full in their club, I started another AVS Club, it's "AVS Type 0"

Come on in and join and we too can start looking down our noses at the poverty rabble without a club... LOLOLOL

Quote:

emartins and BDUB619 like this.

post #1200 of 2232 Old 12-19-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I used to until I realized how much faster your times are using a manual. I am one of those that as soon as I get a Forza game every assist gets turned off before I even start my first race.
I'm still wrapping my head around just getting through a course without wrecking. I know manual is better but my gawd that is some brain strain trying to hit corners, brake, throttle, steer, and shift all at once. I'll stick with my third person automatic training wheels
aaronwt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page