post #91 of 102 Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Wow! Holy f n $%&*! Very Hard...seriously...wtf?

Edit: I considered a plat run until I saw what all it took. No way. Hard was pretty tough as it is. Not sure another two or three plays is worth all that.

Factor in each play thru as the different knacks (brittle, big knack, etc). Reason why I traded it in after a partial second run thru focusing on just getting the gadgets. Fun but really tough game.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
This game arrived with my PS4 on launch day. Played it for about an hour- hated it. Thought it was a kids' game and felt it was a bit too cheap.

Fast-forward a few months and my niece asked me to play this with her a few weekends ago. Started paying it more attention and now I love this game. The first thing to realize- it's not a kids' game. It can be very hard if you don't know what you're doing. Once I realized that your dodge move can get you out of just about any trouble, the game really opened up for me.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the realization that it will likely take 5 playthroughs to get the plat, but I'm going to try. Anyway, just had to get on the record that I was wrong about this game.
DaverJ likes this.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #93 of 102 Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

This game arrived with my PS4 on launch day. Played it for about an hour- hated it. Thought it was a kids' game and felt it was a bit too cheap.

Fast-forward a few months and my niece asked me to play this with her a few weekends ago. Started paying it more attention and now I love this game. The first thing to realize- it's not a kids' game. It can be very hard if you don't know what you're doing. Once I realized that your dodge move can get you out of just about any trouble, the game really opened up for me.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the realization that it will likely take 5 playthroughs to get the plat, but I'm going to try. Anyway, just had to get on the record that I was wrong about this game.

If I were you, roll through the game on easy. When you beat it, getting all the unlocks will be a lot easier. Save the hardest difficulty for your last trophy. You can only play on the difficulty you start with and keep your unlocks and I started on hard. So I would have had to replay easy at least once to get back where I was on hard. Hard sucked enough once and I wasn't going through that again plus very hard...no way.

I did thoroughly enjoy the ggame though. If it hits Plus I may work towards the plat but it had more value as trade than endless replays for me right now.
post #94 of 102 Old 03-11-2014, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Geez, I thought this game was hard on easy. Can't imagine what it would take to platinum it.
post #95 of 102 Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
If you thought this game was hard. You need to stop playing video games! biggrin.gif
post #96 of 102 Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I think unforgiving is a better term than difficult. Death in Knack is by design. It's very reliant on trial and error at times, especially for some of the bosses.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #97 of 102 Old 05-14-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 394
OT - anyone play Skylanders Swap Force?

It seems to be like Knack, except with the little figure thingys. I kinda have the urge to play another simple character-based combat/platform game, and I was wondering if Skylanders has anything for an adult who likes Knack and Ratchet and Clank?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #98 of 102 Old 05-14-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 541
I play Skylander with my kids some. They are a bit different in style and challenge. Skylander really isn't challenging (though I can't remember if there is a difficulty setting). It does have a lot of characters (if you buy them for insane prices). It feels kind of slower paced than Knack. Graphically it is very pleasing and a very polished game. I think each character has 3 moves, maybe a couple of move and then you upgrade things, never ending collection of items, etc. It has a good amount of variety in worlds.

That said I never have the urge to play Skylander by myself where as I enjoy playing Knack by myself despite what is a completely deeper and more varied game with Skylander.

I hope they make a Knack sequel, adding a lot more moves, maybe Ratchet and Clank style weapons, better co-op character.
DaverJ likes this.
post #99 of 102 Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

I play Skylander with my kids some. They are a bit different in style and challenge. Skylander really isn't challenging (though I can't remember if there is a difficulty setting). It does have a lot of characters (if you buy them for insane prices). It feels kind of slower paced than Knack. Graphically it is very pleasing and a very polished game. I think each character has 3 moves, maybe a couple of move and then you upgrade things, never ending collection of items, etc. It has a good amount of variety in worlds.

That said I never have the urge to play Skylander by myself where as I enjoy playing Knack by myself despite what is a completely deeper and more varied game with Skylander.

I hope they make a Knack sequel, adding a lot more moves, maybe Ratchet and Clank style weapons, better co-op character.

Thanks freemeat - exactly the info I was curious about!

post #100 of 102 Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 541
To add, they are coming out with a new Skylander game http://www.skylanders.com/trapteam Looks like October so quite a bit away (my 8 year old is very anxious for it). I imagine they get better with each game and more characters for you to buy wink.gif

There is also the Disney version witch I haven't played.

You could probably watch some Sklylander videos to get an idea.
DaverJ likes this.
post #101 of 102 Old 06-07-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Fellow Canuckleheads, this game is $20 at Future Shop right now.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/knack-playstation-4/10255415.aspx?path=c5c17465e789c07d75c669ea839e8e87en02

I agree, the game is pretty unforgiving... not Demon's Souls unforgiving, but it's tougher than other melee games like GoW, DmC, MGR etc on normal difficulties (not really what I was expecting considering the cartoony artstyle). Good game for 20 bucks though.

On a side note, I've only bought a handful of PS4 games, but have already filled over 400GB (including all the PS+ freebies) on my stock HDD.
post #102 of 102 Old 06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

To add, they are coming out with a new Skylander game http://www.skylanders.com/trapteam Looks like October so quite a bit away (my 8 year old is very anxious for it). I imagine they get better with each game and more characters for you to buy wink.gif

There is also the Disney version witch I haven't played.

You could probably watch some Sklylander videos to get an idea.

OT: Follow-up to this - I decided "what the heck" and got the PS4 starter kit for Skylanders Swap Force, and I'm hooked. I've grabbed a couple more swappable characters and some S2 characters (needed a Giant). And like freemeat's 8-year-old, I'm also looking forward to Trap Team. redface.gif

Like Knack, it's good to play such a well-designed kiddie game. In fact, cash-grab aside, I think I like Skylanders much more than Knack because of the variety and character designs. The Swap Force cut-scenes are very well-done, too.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 4 Console

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page