Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #91 of 177 Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
May be in day one, may not. Gotta see what else hits around that time.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 177 Old 06-12-2014, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 587
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/12/di...=rss_truncated

Quote:
Diablo 3 running at 900p on Xbox One; PS4 version locked at 1080p

Apart from adding enemies from Naughty Dog's The Last of Us in randomized dungeons, Diablo 3 on PS4 will also feature exclusive pixels.

Senior Producer on the console version of Diablo 3, Julia Humphreys, confirmed that the game will run at 900p on Xbox One; the PS4 version had previously been confirmed to run natively at 1080p. Both versions will run at 60 frames per second.

"We're prioritizing frame rate," Humphreys said regarding the quality difference.

Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is coming to the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3 on August 19.
DaverJ likes this.
post #93 of 177 Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Here's a D3 Ultimate Evil Edition FAQ for the console release. Linking your PSN account to Blizzard's Battle.net server nets you some undisclosed "legendary rewards and bonuses" when the game arrives.

- Register or log into the site
- Click 'Accounts' at the top
- Click "Connected Accounts' on the right side

The rest of the instructions are self explanatory. If it worked, you'll get this message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Success!
Your PlayStation®Network account is now successfully linked with your Battle.net account!

Play Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition to use your in-game reward!
DaverJ likes this.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Last edited by joeblow; 06-20-2014 at 08:15 AM.
post #94 of 177 Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post
Plus the fact that Diablo gets a new patch every 2 or 3 weeks. Are they going to patch the PS3/4 version that often too ?
As the PS4 release version nears, there is good news for an old question...

Quote:
One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible.
freemeat likes this.

post #95 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I'll be picking this up today. Anyone else? On the fence about importing my saves from the 360. I had a few modded items in there that in sure wouldn't transfer over.

Also, looks like the day one patch fixes the framerate issues for the PS4 version.
post #96 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thinking about it. I haven't played Diablo since the the first one

The Weekend Warriors
post #97 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Keeping my eye on it. Looking forward to what both newbies and veterans think of the new console version.

I loved Diablo3 on PC - I wound up playing it too much and got burned out. My fear is that the console version will be fresh for an hour or two, and then everything will start to feel oh-so-familiar.

-dw
post #98 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 188
It's still the same content, that's the problem. I'd like to play it, but it's like watching the same movie over and over. Not really worth the $60 for me. It's going to have to wait for a bargain for me to consider a purchase.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #99 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
It's still the same content, that's the problem. I'd like to play it, but it's like watching the same movie over and over. Not really worth the $60 for me. It's going to have to wait for a bargain for me to consider a purchase.
While not all new, this does come with the expansion pack, new areas, a new character, new items, etc.

post #100 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 115
For those who were on the fence regarding the PS4 version because of the poor performance reported by Digital Foundry, apparently there is a day-one update that completely resolves the issue. It is confirmed running 1080p and 60fps solid. I am probably skipping because there are just too many games. Yikes.
post #101 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

After playing it for the past two hours on Hard it definitely brought back good memories. I wasn't able to import my save from the 360 due to me not having the 360 version anymore, so that went out the window as soon as I read that. However, maybe it's because I haven't played in a while, but the game is a lot more fun than I remember.

Graphically, it's a definite step up from the 360 version I played before it. Even though it has been a while since I played the 360 version, I still remember certain things about it that stuck out like a sore thumb. Compression problems with some of environment textures, ugly shadows, jaggies and an overall bluriness to the menu screen and text. Luckily, it seems like all those issues have been addressed in the PS4 version. The anti-aliasing is a lot better, getting rid of most of the jaggies. At 1080p and 60fps, it's one of the cleanest looking ports/remakes/remasters yet.

I haven't gotten to any of the new content yet, but it looks like I'll be playing a while. Haha. Already feeling that same addiction I had when I played the game on the 360.
DaverJ and freemeat like this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #102 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I played the demo on the 360 and I wasn't that impressed with the visuals. It looks much cleaner on the PS4. I like this Crusader class. I'll be playing the for awhile.
post #103 of 177 Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Fun game, but way too easy on Hard. I'm just past the first in-game cinematic and never had less than 75% life, so I've haven't bothered with a heal potion yet.

Anyone who picks it up and are decent at action titles may want to bump it up to the hardest allowable difficulty (Expert). I'm about to do that now since you can change it mid game.

Last edited by joeblow; 08-19-2014 at 11:04 PM.
post #104 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
I'll be picking this up today. Anyone else? On the fence about importing my saves from the 360. I had a few modded items in there that in sure wouldn't transfer over.

Also, looks like the day one patch fixes the framerate issues for the PS4 version.
ALL modded items transfer over just fine. My demon hunter had about 5 of them on and every one is still on him after I imported him.

post #105 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
Fun game, but way too easy on Hard. I'm just past the first in-game cinematic and never had less than 75% life, so I've haven't bothered with a heal potion yet.

Anyone who picks it up and are decent at action titles may want to bump it up to the hardest allowable difficulty (Expert). I'm about to do that now since you can change it mid game.
I started on Hard too as I remember normal being a bit too easy on the 360 version. I eventually bumped it up to Master V difficulty on subsequent playthroughs of the 360 version. What I have noticed in the PS4 version, which was confirmed by watching one of the promo spots for the game on YouTube, is that enemies scale to your level. I like that idea a lot as I remember that, even on Master V difficulty, I was plowing through some of the enemies like they are nothing.

On the PS4 version, it is still possible to one-hit-kill a lot of enemies, but it comes down to your damage rating, not your level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
ALL modded items transfer over just fine. My demon hunter had about 5 of them on and every one is still on him after I imported him.
Good to know, though I no longer have the 360 version to import my character, nor do I have XBOX Live which I'm pretty sure is required to access the battle.net servers. It's for the best. As I was telling freemeat last night during our co-op session, the modded weapons and armor essentially break the game, knowing that you are never going to find better weapons or armor than that. I remember at one point, my character was dealing just over 4 million damage. Yeah, don't want to do that again. That made the game boring REAL fast.

post #106 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, if I'm not on anyone's friends list, feel free to add me for some co-op. My PSN ID is BiffCo.

post #107 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Just picked this up during lunch, first gamestop was sold out. I'll start tonight

The Weekend Warriors
post #108 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

So I started off as a Wizard with Big Brad last night. Do you get melee attacks as well, or is it all ranged as a Wizard. I know you swing your axe/sword or whatever you carry but it is still doing a magical attack.

I may try another character that does magical and melee as well, unless of course the Wizard can do that.
post #109 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
So I started off as a Wizard with Big Brad last night. Do you get melee attacks as well, or is it all ranged as a Wizard. I know you swing your axe/sword or whatever you carry but it is still doing a magical attack.

I may try another character that does magical and melee as well, unless of course the Wizard can do that.

The wizard has some close range skills like spectral blade but it's really not viable to play the wizard as melee. The only real hybrid character is the crusader.
freemeat likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #110 of 177 Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
The wizard has some close range skills like spectral blade but it's really not viable to play the wizard as melee. The only real hybrid character is the crusader.
Thanks, that helps. I only played a few missions last night so starting over isn't a big deal. I'll try the Crusader out.
post #111 of 177 Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

OK, expert difficulty adds a bit of challenge as you get further along. I now have to kite and use some heals unlike before.

This game is pretty addictive now with all the gear hunting and monster slaying. It's pretty much my favorite 2014 PS4 title so far.

post #112 of 177 Old 08-22-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
OK, expert difficulty adds a bit of challenge as you get further along. I now have to kite and use some heals unlike before.

This game is pretty addictive now with all the gear hunting and monster slaying. It's pretty much my favorite 2014 PS4 title so far.
I made a similar observation. Once you hit Act II, there is a definite difficulty spoke. I brought it down to hard for a couple of battles, and just ended up leaving it there since I'm going to be playing through the game multiple times. I'll save the more challenging difficulties for the subsequent playthrough.

Honestly, my only gripe with the game is that they could have went back and rendered the cutscenes at 1080p and 60fps. They are so obviously upscaled from 720p or even lower and suffer from horrible compression artifacts. They could look really good if they got The Last of Us treatment for cutscenes haha.
post #113 of 177 Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried playing solo after having played a small bit with Big Brad. I went to some cave with a bunch of spiders and got destroyed pretty quickly with my wizard. I think I'm on hard, so I probably have to go back to being a pansy on normal. I enjoy playing with others far more than solo.
post #114 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

The great thing about playing solo is you can really take the time to setup your character with gear that you pickup. I don't like to be that guy in coop who stops the action to equip a piece of gear I just picked up, but I do it anyway. Haha.

I got a legendary staff from one of the bosses last night that brought my damage up to 10.4k (from 6k) and my armor rating up to 125k (from 75k). It's drops like those that make me keep playing.

The leveling system seems to be better now that enemies scale to your level, and I'm excited that there is no level cap (soft cap at 70 but you gain infinite paragon levels after). I hit level 50 last night and I'm only on Act III.
post #115 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 1449
Quote:
I made a similar observation. Once you hit Act II, there is a definite difficulty spoke. I brought it down to hard for a couple of battles, and just ended up leaving it there since I'm going to be playing through the game multiple times. I'll save the more challenging difficulties for the subsequent playthrough.

Honestly, my only gripe with the game is that they could have went back and rendered the cutscenes at 1080p and 60fps. They are so obviously upscaled from 720p or even lower and suffer from horrible compression artifacts. They could look really good if they got The Last of Us treatment for cutscenes haha.

The difficulty is really granular...there's like 10 levels vs the normal 3. And you'll probably want to tweak it based not only on your skill, but your gear.

Remember, the higher the difficulty, the more gold and XP you get. So keep raising it until you find the point where it's challenging but not brutal, and your character will progress much quicker. Dont assume you'll automatically get the most XP at the highest level you can survive. Raise it too high where it takes too long to kill enemies, and you'll actually be earning less XP and loot than if you were plowing through at a lower difficulty. There's a sweet spot, and it'll be different for every player and every character.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #116 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I've never played a Diablo game before (not a PC gamer), but decided to pick up Diablo 3 a few days ago because of the good reviews. I didn't really know what to expect, but the first day I only played about an hour, because I found the combat too repetitive and became bored rather quickly. It reminded me of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (though much prettier), a game I never came close to finishing. The second day, I played a couple of more hours and thought "Well, the game's not bad... the looting has its appeal". Friday night I played for 5 straight hours. I still dislike the combat, but playing on Normal makes the battles quick and bearable. Though the games are completely different, it reminds me of my Final Fantasy days... I didn't particularly like the combat in those games either, but was addicted to the leveling up and looting.

I have no idea what I'm doing though... I'm on Act III too, but only level 32. Should I salvage or sell the extra loot (always running out of bag and stash space)? How come I have no Paragon points? I have read conflicting things on the net (someone said he only picks up white items to salvage for common debris). I have done very little crafting, but I guess it plays a major role in this game. If I don't craft and just use looted items, will I have problems later on in the game?

Edit: Doh.. no Paragon points until maxed out character!!

Last edited by Mikazaru; 08-23-2014 at 03:01 PM.
post #117 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I enjoy the combat mainly because I like seeing which spells and attacks work best together. If you're doing the same attack over and over without throwing something else in (don't know what class you're playing), you are doing a disservice to yourself.

Better passive skills open up the more you progress, as do other skills that may make your attacks more powerful (the Wizard class has them, not sure of the others).

As far as loot goes, I rarely make stuff at the blacksmith. More often than not, due to the random nature of items properties when you make them, they end up being worse than what you have. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible.

Me? I pick up everything I can, sort through it and sell what I don't want. I keep the legendary drops in my stash for when I start another character or for a friend who might need it. Other than that, I try to keep my gold above 300,000. Haha.
post #118 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Yeah, though I do try out a new attack as soon as it's available, I tend to put it on autopilot and spam the same ones over and over. I guess I should slow down and enjoy the journey instead of focusing on the destination. It's just that I prefer something slower and more strategic like Demon's Souls.

I guess I could increase the difficulty, but there is so much combat and so many enemies, I would probably end up not finishing the game. I am playing as Wizard, so I do have a lot of passive abilities available to me as I level up.

Last edited by Mikazaru; 08-24-2014 at 07:02 PM.
post #119 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Nice playing with you last night Brad, that was fun! What do you spend Gold on?

I have a buttload of Gold cause I don't know what to spend it on. The weapons and armor the merchant has are crap.

Quote:
I enjoy the combat mainly because I like seeing which spells and attacks work best together. If you're doing the same attack over and over without throwing something else in (don't know what class you're playing), you are doing a disservice to yourself.

Better passive skills open up the more you progress, as do other skills that may make your attacks more powerful (the Wizard class has them, not sure of the others).

As far as loot goes, I rarely make stuff at the blacksmith. More often than not, due to the random nature of items properties when you make them, they end up being worse than what you have. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible.

Me? I pick up everything I can, sort through it and sell what I don't want. I keep the legendary drops in my stash for when I start another character or for a friend who might need it. Other than that, I try to keep my gold above 300,000. Haha.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #120 of 177 Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I've only finished one Act so far (character is around Level 27), but I've simply taken my loot and salvaged most of it.

I figure eventually I'll want to craft some decent gear, so instead of buying new stuff I just use what I find, share the rest of the best with my AI sidekicks, store away the few Legendaries I've gotten, and turn the rest into crafting materials.

I've used my gold to upgrade the blacksmith's store up to level 6. I don't even know why since I still don't fully understand making stuff yet, but it's something to do with the gold I guess.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Diablo Iii Ps3 , Playstation 4 Console

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page