Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Finished the game last night with my Crusader at level 65, completely single player at highest difficulty available for the first run-through (Expert Acts 1 through 4, Master Act 5). I was worried at the battering ram and final boss if it was possible to do only single-player at highest difficulty (my Demon Hunter on the PC version got stuck on the battering ram), but adjusting skills got me through the hardest sections.

I restarted the campaign at Torment difficulty, starting having problems, and went "oh yeah, Adventure Mode!" But it was late, so I'll mess with that another day and maybe some multiplayer.

I need to add people from this thread to my Friends List because I keep gifting the same person all my gift drops. And I don't even know if he's still playing!

EDIT - sent out Friends Requests to those mentioned on the previous page. Feel free to add me too - psn is DaverJ (also XBL and Steam).

Last edited by DaverJ; 09-12-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Friend request accepted! I've been taking a little break from Diablo 3 to see how I like Destiny, but I'll be back to Diablo 3 in a few days. Leveled my Wizard to Paragon 26, and have a Demon Hunter at level 45 that I'm working on. By far, I'm liking the Demon Hunter way more than the Wizard.

And yeah, I've been through the campaign enough that I think I'm sticking with Adventure Mode from here on out.
DaverJ likes this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
Old 09-14-2014, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
This game continues to eat up my PS4 play time. I'm at about 130 Paragon points so far, running back and forth between adventure mode and the Rifts at a comfortable Torment IV difficulty. I figure I'll commit to T5 after upgrading my gems a bit and maybe snagging another key piece of gear or two.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
gocards27stl

DUMBEST username in the world. I think a long time ago I setup an account and just figured 'whatever'. But you can't change it! But that's mine.

I don't get a lot of time to play and I'm a lowly level 21 Wizard. But I play co-op with my wife almost exclusively. This game is an absolute blast to play local co-op.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I played one session of Destiny on Wednesday night and then went right back to D3. It just works, damn fast and damn near flawlessly!

After completing the campaign with a Wizard (Paragon 20 something) I started a Hardcore Crusader. As the other wizard main players out there will surely agree, the Crusader is easy mode. Currently I'm level 67 with mine in Act V on Expert right before the battering ram and pretty much I just stand in one spot smacking the ever loving bee-jee-sus out of the demon hordes! The Crusader's built in resistances and health recovery are just insane in comparison to the Wizard. I'm still surprised how much effort I have to put into playing my Wiz even on lowly T1.

Anyway still a great, great game.

Just for fun my newest Legendary shield (not my char though).

Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
I played one session of Destiny on Wednesday night and then went right back to D3. It just works, damn fast and damn near flawlessly!

After completing the campaign with a Wizard (Paragon 20 something) I started a Hardcore Crusader. As the other wizard main players out there will surely agree, the Crusader is easy mode. Currently I'm level 67 with mine in Act V on Expert right before the battering ram and pretty much I just stand in one spot smacking the ever loving bee-jee-sus out of the demon hordes! The Crusader's built in resistances and health recovery are just insane in comparison to the Wizard. I'm still surprised how much effort I have to put into playing my Wiz even on lowly T1.

Anyway still a great, great game.
I pretty much breezed through the game using the crusader on my first play thru on expert difficulty.

Playing through hardcore now with a demon hunter

The Weekend Warriors
Old 09-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone playing this on ps3? I just started out and am giving it a go as a monk.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Old 09-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post
I pretty much breezed through the game using the crusader on my first play thru on expert difficulty.

Playing through hardcore now with a demon hunter
So how's it going with the DH in comparison?

Finally finished my Lvl 70 HC Crusader run last night. Lots of fun. Gotta admit though I got a bit anxious a few times in Pandemonium on Expert so for the final battle I dropped it to Hard.

:guiltyface:

Was a cakewalk.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelt View Post
So how's it going with the DH in comparison?

Finally finished my Lvl 70 HC Crusader run last night. Lots of fun. Gotta admit though I got a bit anxious a few times in Pandemonium on Expert so for the final battle I dropped it to Hard.

:guiltyface:

Was a cakewalk.
It's going good. But I did drop the difficulty when I started hardcore. I pussed out not wanting to die at all, so I'm guilty too. I'm almost to the end of Act IV.

I like the DH a little more than the crusader.

The Weekend Warriors
Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 AM

Liked: 10
Game is pretty great but once my character was leveled up I blazed through it pretty easily.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Mailed back my PS3 copy of Diablo 3 to Amazon. They gave me an ok price for it but at least they paid for the shipping.

Exporting from the PS3 to the PS4 was simple, just selected the export option while in the PS3 version and then import in the PS4 version. I upped my difficulty as I started playing the PS4 version and died several times in a row - I hate dying! So I selected import again from the menu and I reverted back to the save game. Of course now I've leveled up and can't do that trick again.

The PS4 graphics are definitely more refined than the PS3.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Bought Diablo 3 This weekend digitally.
I played this on the PC when it first came out and wished it was on consoles at the time. I spent hours and days hunched over my computer desk. Now I can play the way it was meant to be played. In my rocker recliner. 😄
My one complaint so far is with the blue text on black background. It's hard to read. Might be my projector setup.
I notice already that loot drops are better than when I played on PC.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Patch 2.1 is finally out.

There are quite a few new features and a ton of changes to gear and skills based on the Blizzard summary of changes to the PC version. As stated above, no seasons or leaderboards on console.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Took out some treasure goblins but no vault portal yet. Darn it. I guess I made the right call to switch to ps4 though.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Started getting bored with the Crusader, so I decided to create a female Witch Doctor and roll through the story again.

At first wasn't convinced about this character, but once Zombie Dogs + Fetish Army was unlocked - holy moley! Focus on raising Intelligence and this lil' horde walks around and eats up everything in it's path. My level is only in the mid-30s -- I've bumped up difficulty to Torment 2, and still ripping apart all on-comers.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

I think I blew the training of my artisans. I just trained them willy nilly and they are all addy level 12 and can't do anything free my level 70 monk after my first play through. If I start a new play through well my artisans reset so I can make some better decisions? Any other way to do that?

Old 10-17-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'm not sure what you are asking but here's a Blizzard developer talking about Artisans. A couple more points....

• Just keep teaching/unlocking recipes. You never need to "go back" because you can't mess it up.

• All characters (except hardcore setting) benefit from your Artisan unlocks. It never resets and doesn't need to.

• You say you are a L70 Monk? Then all the old recipes are worthless anyway. Stick to L70 recipes, and offer the Blacksmith plans for Legendary and Set Piece L70 items as you find them. That's are the only crafted stuff worth making once you max out your level.

Understand that in the end, buying gear is pointless in the end game, and 99% of the crafted items are junk. You want to focus on good items dropping out on the battleground. Only about 10%-15% of the Legendaries and Set Pieces are the goals to aim for in any giving class; the rest you can just junk.

Most of the good loot drops randomly anywhere, some of it requires farming of specific areas (like the Ring of Royal Grandeur - farm all Act 1 bounties for a possible RoRG in the cache drop at the end). A few require multiple quests in search of ingredients (Hellfire Ring or Amulet).

And even if you find a nice piece, you are at the mercy of the random stat roll system to have a "good" version of it. To miraculously get an outstanding roll in multiple stats on a rare piece of top tier equipment is what delivers the epic thrills in this game.

Hope that helps!
DaverJ, SeldomSeen31 and Boxozaxu like this.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

As for me, Diablo 3 continues to be my primary addiction. I'm L70 closing in on 300 Paragon Points.

The unfortunate part is that I've fine-tuned my character's gear and skill sets so well that the game is barely a challenge any more outside of the Greater Rifts (I'm hitting a wall around GR 33 or so). I've been manhandling the maximum Torment 6 difficulty for over a week, so Adventure mode and the regular Rift battles are pretty much pillow fights.

Here is the best piece of equipment I've had drop so far (I've since enchanted the Vit stat to change it to 97% Critical Hit Damage):

Having a 5th Passive in general is soooooooooooo amazing, and I was shocked to see that my HF Amulet rolled with 'Finery' (that's the Crusader's only must-have passive) as well as a natural Socket and maximum Holy damage.

I will likely never get an item as awesome this even if I play another 200 hours. Here's a video of a high level player who farmed 50 HF Amulets (which takes a TON of time!) and he didn't get one with stats and affixes as great as mine.

I'm now focused on improving my complete Akkhan armor set with better pieces as well as get a few of the new Ramalandi's Gifts to drop to improve my weapons.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via MSN to jdiaz222
How well is the gameplay compared to the PC version? Easy to get to your gear and swap out items, and how simple is it targeting mobs?

I have a few friends that just bought for the PS4, and thinking about jumping in.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz222 View Post
How well is the gameplay compared to the PC version? Easy to get to your gear and swap out items, and how simple is it targeting mobs?

I have a few friends that just bought for the PS4, and thinking about jumping in.
I came from the PC version. There's a little bit of learning curve, especially going into menus. One very minor nitpick is the menu defaults to skills as the initial screen, and not the gear/loot screen. But other than that, Blizzard made handling the menus about as good as it could be.

And mouse+keyboard might be more precise, especially with mobs, but I don't really want to go back to that control method because running and attacking on gamepad feels much more like playing a video-game, rather that clicking on a area on the playfield with a cursor. Oh, and the right stick=evade (dodge) is a great added element that's missing in the PC version.

I was hesitant, but glad I bought it digitally on PS4 because it's easy to load up if I'm not having fun with another game.

Last edited by DaverJ; 10-21-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Tapping the right side of the PS4 touch pad brings up your skills.

Tapping the left side of the pad brings up your gear.

Tapping up on the D-Pad brings out your recent loot pick ups one at a time while still in the battle view so you can equip/junk/drop (X or [] or /\) your finds on the go without opening a menu.
DaverJ likes this.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
Tapping the right side of the PS4 touch pad brings up your skills.

Tapping the left side of the pad brings up your gear.

Tapping up on the D-Pad brings out your recent loot pick ups one at a time while still in the battle view so you can equip/junk/drop (X or [] or /\) your finds on the go without opening a menu.
Thanks for that! I totally missed this.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
I'm not sure what you are asking but here's a Blizzard developer talking about Artisans. A couple more points....

• Just keep teaching/unlocking recipes. You never need to "go back" because you can't mess it up.

• All characters (except hardcore setting) benefit from your Artisan unlocks. It never resets and doesn't need to.

• You say you are a L70 Monk? Then all the old recipes are worthless anyway. Stick to L70 recipes, and offer the Blacksmith plans for Legendary and Set Piece L70 items as you find them. That's are the only crafted stuff worth making once you max out your level.

Understand that in the end, buying gear is pointless in the end game, and 99% of the crafted items are junk. You want to focus on good items dropping out on the battleground. Only about 10%-15% of the Legendaries and Set Pieces are the goals to aim for in any giving class; the rest you can just junk.

Most of the good loot drops randomly anywhere, some of it requires farming of specific areas (like the Ring of Royal Grandeur - farm all Act 1 bounties for a possible RoRG in the cache drop at the end). A few require multiple quests in search of ingredients (Hellfire Ring or Amulet).

And even if you find a nice piece, you are at the mercy of the random stat roll system to have a "good" version of it. To miraculously get an outstanding roll in multiple stats on a rare piece of top tier equipment is what delivers the epic thrills in this game.

Hope that helps!
Eureeka! Finally figured this out with a bit of your help and some dumb luck.

The recipes that are found are selected with the X button from the loot section of the inventory menu and then appear as selections when visiting the artisan. I kept going to the artisan and looking for a way to do it there. Strange that up until level 12 artisan that it is done or at least can be done when visiting the artisan. That's the way I did it until then and why I thought I had to start over.

Made a couple nice pieces for sets I am putting together. Woot!

Old 10-31-2014, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I switched my network settings to Public, just to see who would pop in to play with me. Then these dudes showed up, just to drop off a bunch of crazy gear and treasure (essentially infinite riches). They didn't even want to join in a game with me...just droppin' off wild stuff I had never seen before, and then left. Where did they come from? How did they get this crazy stuff?

I thought I was getting pretty jaded about epic weaponry that could be picked up in the field. Then these dudes drop off stuff that may as well be ufo technology to a farming village?!?

I got this 1-H melee weapon that's like rapid machine gun kind of attack speed and over 8000 damage points!

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!

Last edited by Mr. Hanky; 10-31-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry to tell you, but you have hacked weapons that basically ruin the gaming experience. Because of the PS3 Diablo share option, people can hack it the save file and edit it to make all kinds of nonsense. It is basically not worth playing public games.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I figured as much. I was pretty much at the end of play value for the game, anyway. New epic weapons are not coming up any better than what I already got. So might as well toy with god-weapons...

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have this on PC thinking also of getting it for PS 4. Quick question do you all only play as single player or do you ever team up with other AVS members?

Been playing Destiny with other AVS members having fun but tired of the grind and want to take a break until the next DlC.

I guess I just like BSing while killing stuff.

PSN: xTimbBerWolfx

Tags
Diablo Iii Ps3 , Playstation 4 Console