Vita owners.... what are your top 5 Vita games now that it's been out for a year ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Here's my list:

1. Fifa Soccer - The first one. I'm pretty sure the second one is basically identical, but the first one is cheaper.

2. Wipeout 2048 - Man, this is an audio/visual tour de force. Do yourself a favor sometime, and hook your Vita to your stereo and crank this game loud while you play.

3. Hot Shots Golf - Still an amazing game as far as I'm concerned. The pure playability on this game is off the charts. Everything just flows along so nicely. Perfect game for pick up and play portability.

4. Rayman Origins - An amazing justification of that beautiful OLED screen. Looks drop dead gorgeous and has strong playability.

5. Super Stardust Delta - Almost as good as the PS3 version.

Yeah, all the games on my list came out a LONG time ago, but I still rank them as the top games on the system right now. There have been some pretty interesting games that have come along, but I still put these guys on top for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
In no particular order:

Persona 4
Ragnarok Odyssey
Little Big Planet
Gravity Rush
Uncharted GA

Too many systems and games....not enough time or money!

post #3 of 15 Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Persona 4 Golden
Sound Shapes
Gravity Rush
Assassin's Creed III
Street Fighter x Tekken

Honorable mentions go to Jetpack Joyride and Zen Pinball.
post #4 of 15 Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
I really liked mutant blobs attack. Uncharted wasnt too bad either. Wipeout seemed like just another wipeout game to me, but with EPIC load times.

Sound shapes, retro city rampage and motorstorm RC are all great too, but they still feel like PS3 games to me.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #5 of 15 Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
01. WipeOut 2048 - This is my favorite Wipeout since wip3out. Great graphics, sound, challenge level, variety, and it even has HD/Fury.
02. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - I got this on PS+ and well, NG is one of the best games ever. The drop to 30fps hurts it a bit, but it's still a great game
03. Street Fighter X Tekken - I'd rather have SSF4 or Tekken Tag 2, but this is a good fighter, especially with the 2013 patch.
04. Unit 13 - surprisingly good action game with plenty of challenge.
05. Rayman Legends - looks great and plays very well.

I didn't like Persona 4 that much, sadly. I'll give it another try, but I took to P3 much faster.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
In no particular order:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - I appreciate that this game was a full length Uncharted game, but I didn't care as much about the new characters as I do in the console titles. They got a lot right with this game - beautiful graphics, an awesome treasure hunting play mechanic (I found 'em all!), and the best headshot aiming scheme since the invention of the light gun (I hope this game's motion aiming comes to the PS4 shooters).

Surge - This might be the most fun Vita game hardly anyone has played. We've all enjoyed releases in the "clear the colored gems" action puzzle genre. This one is among the best all-time IMHO. I put enough time into it to eventually crack the top ten leaderboard, but it wasn't easy. It gets incredibly hectic as you advance in levels, and the touch control input method gives it its own unique feel. HIGHLY recommended.

Velocity - From the makers of Surge is this PS mini game that every vertical shoot 'em up fan should try out. Besides blasting enemies, it draws you in with its one-of-a-kind teleportion controls that lets you instantly zap yourself to anywhere on the screen. Not only does it give you a fun, new way to tackle enemies, but it is crucial to master as you try and complete some of the maze-like levels without crashing into dead-in walls. I got it for free in a promo, but I will pay the full price on day one when they release a new version later this year that is upgraded specifically for the Vita.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - If I could only have one game permanately installed on my Vita, this would be it. It is a near perfect game. The visuals are sharper than the (old) PS3 HSG release, the control methods are both spot on, the courses are challeging and beautiful to look at, it has a ton of unlockable charming characters and gear to keep you motivated to play more, and the online mode works well without a hitch.

The Pinball Arcade - While I still prefer to play this game on my PS3 (better nudge control IMHO), the free Vita version (with a PS3 purchase) is still pretty awesome. Playing real pinball machines is its main appeal, and I will likely be buying DLC releases for this game over the next twn years if they keep coming out. It's a shame that portrait mode doesn't offer a way to reassign the buttons or I'd play it that way, but landscape mode is perfectly acceptable for a game that is a ton of fun.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #7 of 15 Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
In no particular order:

Person 4 Golden
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (not an exclusive)
Mutant Blobs Attack
MLB the Show 12
Hot Shots Golf
post #8 of 15 Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Zen2 Pinball
Pinball Arcade
Hot Shots Golf
Music Unlimited
post #9 of 15 Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Uncharted:GA
Pinball Arcade
Sly Cooper
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Assassin's Creed:Liberation

Those Who Attempt To Destroy Me, Shall Be Obliterated!!

Megatron
post #10 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I got Hot Shots Golf on sale and have been playing it this weekend. I probably want to make room for it on my list. I don't get it. I've been playing these damn Hot Shots games for 15 years, they NEVER get old.

The Vita game seems a bit more challenging than the PS3 and PSP games. The unlockable content is ridiculous. I will be playing this for a long time.
post #11 of 15 Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I got Hot Shots Golf on sale and have been playing it this weekend. I probably want to make room for it on my list. I don't get it. I've been playing these damn Hot Shots games for 15 years, they NEVER get old.

The Vita game seems a bit more challenging than the PS3 and PSP games. The unlockable content is ridiculous. I will be playing this for a long time.

The pace of play with a game like Hot Shots is just perfect for a portable. Play a couple of holes, put your Vita in suspend mode, put it down, and then at some later point un-suspend and play a few more holes. What's not to like ?
post #12 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM

Liked: 10
1. SOUL SACRIFICE ( Graphics are dominating and the game play is unique)
2. Persona 4 Golden ( Story of the game is superb)
3. Ragnarok Odyssey ( because the drop rate is just inhumane making it more challenging)
4. Hot Shot Golf ( i really dont know )
5.Michael Jackson: The Experience HD ( cuz its HD and its MJ lol )
post #13 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Soul Sacrifice is out?

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #14 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It's only out in Japan although a lot of people elsewhere are eighter importing or using a Japanese account on the PS Vita and buying it off PSN. The US wont get it until the end of April.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Liked: 10
Im using Japanese PSN account biggrin.gif
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page