I had an idea, and I was looking for some feedback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, I own a home theater company in Northern Virginia, and I have some great demo rooms at the store. I was considering starting a PS3 gaming club where a couple nights per week we could have people come in after normal store hours and rent time to play on our systems. I have a really nice room set up with a JVC 4K resolution projector and pretty high end speakers. I was thinking about having people pay a small fee to come in and play from 7pm-11pm. What would you think it would be worth to rent out a $30,000 theater room to play games? I also have two other rooms set up as well, but they are on flat panel TV's, and more basic set ups. We could theoretically accommodate 12 players a night with 4 players per PS3. This is also something I could provide pizza/food/drinks and have a gamer night. What do you think? Would you go if a local place offered this? What would you be willing to pay for the usage? Just a thought, but maybe a real possibility in the next month.

Check out our website, and come check out our showroom. http://www.crossoveravs.com
Klipsch, Sonos, JVC, Onkyo, Martin Logan, KEF, JVC, Salamander Designs, Parasound, and more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It's tough, because it's so dependent on clientele and the type of people you get in there, and who you want to get in there. I don't know what I would pay - I would definitely pay for a fighting game night, where fans play SSF4 or TTT2, but that's a pretty specialized niche.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sounds fun, but then again everyone is already online anyway. No games are in 4k. Maybe start off without a charge and get a feel. Dunno if it would be a money maker but you might be able to sell some gear. I doubt I myself would pay to play but I would pay my way for the pizza and refreshments.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I know that this isn't exactly what you're planning on doing, but you might want to take a look at this website for a company that brings videogames to a house, business, or school for a fee (if you haven't already).

They are called Rolling Video Games (Mobile Video Games). They are mobile where you are stationary, but their pricing seems a bit on the high side to me, but I did see one of their trucks in our neighborhood on Superbowl Sunday. Their pricing structure might give you ideas & then you can adjust your pricing based on what has already been suggested by others in the thread (clientele, location, etc.)

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #5 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 42
To build interest, it might need to be structured around a tournament of some kind--fighting games, sports games, family games, etc. With a prize being offered to the winner. It seems like something to do to drive traffic and promote the business rather than make money off rental fees at first. Then once you've created awareness and have people in there, try to gauge interest on renting the rooms out.
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page