Can I connect headphone to my PS3 using this method? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-08-2013, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My TV doesn't have a headphone jack so I used this method to connect my headphones to my PS3 to get my PS3's sound output through headphones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAn4uHBPomY
The problem is that the volume is too low and I cannot increase the volume. I've used multiple headphones (some of which have volume control) but the volume is still too low. I also don't have enough money to invest in a Beats headphone.

So I was wondering if could I use this amplifier (http://www.amazon.co.uk/12V-Audio-Amplifier-amplifier-Stereo/dp/B008VOQ1K0/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1362779508&sr=8-11) and insert the red and white part of my PS3's AV cable into it and then insert a headphone into the amplifier's headphone jack (which I believe is in the far left end of the third picture) and get my PS3's sound as well as control it. If this method doesn't work could someone tell of any other method to connect headphone to my PS3 and control the volume.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That looks like it would work, and that seems like a good deal.

I had some computer speakers sitting around that had a headphone output. I picked up an RCA-to-mini pin stereo adapter and hooked up the speakers to my PS3.
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page