Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 279 Old 11-09-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Driftor has been testing the attachments, looks like Foregrip is an early favorite.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 279 Old 11-15-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
played 4-5 games so this is a very early review, things could change by this afternoon, but
1. i only play MP could care less about SP, Framerate was fine, didn't notice any drops
2. (i hope this stays this way), for the FIRST time in COD, everytime i felt like i should have gotten a kill, i got it, everytime i deserved to be killed i was, hit detection was spot on, didn't feel like typical COD lag issues (this may change as more people start playing
3. spawns are kind of sucky
4. played both core and HC, so ironically in Core people don't feel like bullet sponges anymore, they don't take 30 bullets to kill, but in HC it seems like it takes more bullets than it did in BO2
5. teamwork will play a bigger key in this game (which i think is good), so ya'll need to hurry up and start playing
6. seemed very balanced from a player standpoint, meaning top guy was going around 30-10 and bottom guy was 10-30, didn't see the 45-3 games like in some past versions, but once again i just played a couple of games.
post #183 of 279 Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
^ thx man! I jumped ship from Xbox to PS4 though couldn't pick up my pre-rder from BB last night (bloody fell asleep while starring at the clock till midnight).

Hoping we get some action in this thread (like the Xbox one) and get more people in for some fun times online.

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #184 of 279 Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I'm down w/ COD:G just b/c there won't be as much of a noob penalty as there is going to be for BF4. I'm going to get destroyed in BF4 as I haven't played since BF2 ....
post #185 of 279 Old 11-15-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

^ thx man! I jumped ship from Xbox to PS4 though couldn't pick up my pre-rder from BB last night (bloody fell asleep while starring at the clock till midnight).

Hoping we get some action in this thread (like the Xbox one) and get more people in for some fun times online.

be sure to send me invite
benjaminbenjami
post #186 of 279 Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
So about the PS4's supposed frame rate issues....99% of the time it's a rock solid 60fps. But when it drops, it drops HARD. Why so hard? Because as far as I can tell, it's double buffered v-sync. If it can't manage a solid 60fps, it doesn't gracefully drop a frame or two, or tear a bit, it full on drops to 30fps.

Why on earth they chose to use double buffering instead of triple is beyond my comprehension, but at least it seems a relatively simple fix. Either way it's not a problem often enough to really care - the game looks beautiful on PS4, 1080p makes a world of difference over 720p.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #187 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What's the word on player counts? Is ground war back in?
post #188 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yep, played ground war last night.

post #189 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Double buffered... WHY!?

Does it drop like this in multi or is it a single player thing?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #190 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Double buffered... WHY!?

Does it drop like this in multi or is it a single player thing?

In MP and SP. But seriously, it's super rare anyway. It's just extremely noticeable those 2-3 secs out of the 10 min match. I'm not 100% sure its double buffering, it just looks a damn lot like it to me considering how hard and fast the fps drop...but I also noticed a little tearing, so who knows.

Either way believe me, I'm a stickler for smooth frame rates. If there was a constant issue I'd be the first one to fuss about it. They made the right choice in keeping it 1080p.

post #191 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Set up my PS4 last night in my HT room. In short..money well spent :-).

1080p output is crisp and clear and SHARP. Audio is really really good going thru my Pioneer AVR. Love the clean interface and really easy to manueve around. No issues getting the 10.X update (mine is wired connection).

Netflix looks awesome. Spent more time watching NF than playing Ghosts, sadly.

Then popped in Ghosts. Simply Beautiful. First time I've seen a 1080p console shooter on a 120" screen. Really sharp. Though the colors are muted unlike the prev series...especially in the jungle/desert maps, it's hard to see players. No major lag or slowdowns.

But for the FIRST time, I actually enjoyed playing the game (even at a noob level). No frustration...the kills I got..I deserved. The deaths I got..I deserved as well. Campers will hate Ghosts!! Too many waypoints and maps are large. I've only been knifed twice so far so thats good. Still figuring out the load system but really really enjoying the game.

I have like ZERO friends on my PSN right now (vs my old 360) so I'll be throwing some invites here. I usually play in the weekdays from 7pm-9pm PST and little in the weekend.

I'll post some pics on my projector later today. But so far, loving BOTH the PS4 and Ghosts (jumped ship from Xbox and no regrets so far).

Random questions:
- Does anyone know if you can shoot down air strikes..choppers, etc? The loadout has ZERO launchers for aircraft eek.gif. In one match, some guy called in a chopper and it was pretty much game over as our entire team got butchered..I tried shooting it down and got some hit marks but it was really pointless.
- How can I change my profile name? When I signed up, PSN indicated I had a prev account (I realized it cos I owned the PS3 for a month a long time back). I have a lame name currently (SnipeURed) which I'm trying to change.
- Anyone ran into issue redeeming the code the free $10 voucher into the store? I was able to redeem the 30 day free trial for online play but the $10 voucher keeps coming back with "invalid code". I even had my wife input it too and same deal.

Cheers!

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
My small HT setup:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #192 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

In MP and SP. But seriously, it's super rare anyway. It's just extremely noticeable those 2-3 secs out of the 10 min match. I'm not 100% sure its double buffering, it just looks a damn lot like it to me considering how hard and fast the fps drop...but I also noticed a little tearing, so who knows.

Either way believe me, I'm a stickler for smooth frame rates. If there was a constant issue I'd be the first one to fuss about it. They made the right choice in keeping it 1080p.

I'll open the game tonight then, trusting you on this one. tongue.gif

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #193 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Fragster
Quote:
- How can I change my profile name? When I signed up, PSN indicated I had a prev account (I realized it cos I owned the PS3 for a month a long time back). I have a lame name currently (SnipeURed) which I'm trying to change.
- Anyone ran into issue redeeming the code the free $10 voucher into the store? I was able to redeem the 30 day free trial for online play but the $10 voucher keeps coming back with "invalid code". I even had my wife input it too and same deal

One problem with PSN is once you create your user name you can not change it. The only way is to create a different logon ID. (its the one thing I really miss about Xbox live)

I had the same problem with the $10 voucher the 1 letter or number I was not sure about finally after 20 tries I logged into psn on my laptop and tried 20 more times to finally figure out that the letter I was reading was not an o or a 0 but a D. Then it went through.

You can change your pistol to a launcher must spend points to do so.

I really am loving the PS 4 finally have a controller that I like. I really hated the PS 3 controller thus always played on the Xbox.

Add: xTimbBerWolfx if you like to team up on some hard core . I really can't stand normal core anything where I have to empty a whole clip to kill someone. smile.gif
Fragster likes this.
post #194 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Hi all. Been on the 360 side and looking for some folks to run HC mode with. scrub175. I'm locked out of BF4 and ghosts is working. I will go through the thread and add folks too.

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #195 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
1. Pendragoongp
2. lvizzzy
3. benjaminbenjami
4. Col_Rutgers
5. Darius510
6. HDSapper
7. malvado78
8. xx_shiv_xx
9. ChitownJackalope
10. OoBigLo0
11. Scrub175 PS4/360 EST

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #196 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if streaming will make multiplayer laggy? I'm thinking of streaming my first several matches in a few hours, but I worry that it will hurt my connection...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #197 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Some quick n dirty shots on my 120" DIY screen.

My small HT setup:

post #198 of 279 Old 11-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Just got back from running around all day - I'm not going to make it on tonight but I really want to. I haven't found the framerate issue to be a big deal either - and I'm REALLY enjoying the size of these maps compared to some of the earlier edition CODs. Nice, complicated maps with multiple levels. My K/D sucks and I'm sure its because I funneled my last spurt of gaming on TLOU and than pretty much quit for a month. I'm rusty as all get out, but the maps bring a lot of LUCK out this time around I think. They are so big and complex, sometimes you just are in the wrong place at the wrong time. I haven't watched many kill cams and thought it was cheap; I simply thought I turned the corner a smidge too late, somebody saw me, and ran me down.

Gotta try BF4 too.
post #199 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, until everyone stops corner camping, this game is unplayable online. Every single person in the match found a corner they liked and stuck to it. The only real fighting was over camping spots. I was the only one who was mobile. Worse than BF4 snipers. I also got quick scoped for the first time, looked just as easy as ever.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #200 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 161
That's why I am enjoying squads so much. No campers.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #201 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

That's why I am enjoying squads so much. No campers.

Squad mode models itself after the playstyle of the person they originate from, and I have seen plenty of them in corners as well.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #202 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member

I've found the boards to have ample opportunity for opportunistic kills. Meaning they are so complex its largely chance that you round a corner as somebody else comes up behind you and pops you before you know what happened. Which is good in a way, but very different than prior editions of this game.
post #203 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I've played a few hours of Ghosts and I'm starting to warm up. I quit playing BLOP2 about 4 months ago so I had to get used to twitch shooting again.

I think the game looks surprisingly better than I expected and I'm sure the 1080p resolution does matter. I didn't play the game on PS3 because I was holding out.

That being said, the game is inferior to BLOP2, IMO. My biggest gripe is that the maps are too big and busy. Too many rooms/paths. It seems like you just run around and hope you see someone before someone sees you.

I also don't really get the point of the squad system? What's my incentive to unlock a new squad character if I max out my initial character? I also don't like the limited challenges, There's only 5, looks like you can spend a point to get new challenges or wait for the timer to expire. I like the idea of new challenges but would like to have more than 5 at a time.

"The Scuba Tank" thread

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #204 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, is there an AVS clan on PS4 yet? I need to send some friend invites? Would like to play with some like minded, presumably more mature individuals on a regular basis.

My PSN ID is the same as my user here: Scubasteve2365

"The Scuba Tank" thread

post #205 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:16 AM

Fragster,

I'm not a PS4 person nor projector person, but your stuff looks great! Props!
post #206 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

I've played a few hours of Ghosts and I'm starting to warm up. I quit playing BLOP2 about 4 months ago so I had to get used to twitch shooting again.

I think the game looks surprisingly better than I expected and I'm sure the 1080p resolution does matter. I didn't play the game on PS3 because I was holding out.

That being said, the game is inferior to BLOP2, IMO. My biggest gripe is that the maps are too big and busy. Too many rooms/paths. It seems like you just run around and hope you see someone before someone sees you.

I also don't really get the point of the squad system? What's my incentive to unlock a new squad character if I max out my initial character? I also don't like the limited challenges, There's only 5, looks like you can spend a point to get new challenges or wait for the timer to expire. I like the idea of new challenges but would like to have more than 5 at a time.

Yep - pretty much what I was saying a post or two higher than yours. Very complex maps. And most of the areas that you find yourself in leave you open on so many angles - I think this game lends itself to camping more b/c if you actually find a place where you can stop and survey the game a smidge, you almost want to sit there b/c you've found gold !
post #207 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

1. Pendragoongp
2. lvizzzy
3. benjaminbenjami
4. Col_Rutgers
5. Darius510
6. HDSapper
7. malvado78
8. xx_shiv_xx
9. ChitownJackalope
10. OoBigLo0
11. Scrub175 PS4/360 EST
12. Scubasteve2365

"The Scuba Tank" thread

post #208 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Yep - pretty much what I was saying a post or two higher than yours. Very complex maps. And most of the areas that you find yourself in leave you open on so many angles - I think this game lends itself to camping more b/c if you actually find a place where you can stop and survey the game a smidge, you almost want to sit there b/c you've found gold !

It's the same cycle every year. 15 brand new maps, no one knows the layout yet so they seem super complicated and everyone camps. Two weeks later everything makes sense and it's back to normal. Right before the PS4 came out it had really started to level out on PS3, and now there's a brand new squad of noobs for me to tear apart.  Now that I know the maps pretty well I really dig them (with a few exceptions). They're unquestionably more complicated than blops 2, but no more so than MW3. 

The best way to learn the maps quick is to play domination - the A, B and C points help you stay oriented and you'll make that mental map much quicker.

post #209 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It's the same cycle every year. 15 brand new maps, no one knows the layout yet so they seem super complicated and everyone camps. Two weeks later everything makes sense and it's back to normal. Right before the PS4 came out it had really started to level out on PS3, and now there's a brand new squad of noobs for me to tear apart.  Now that I know the maps pretty well I really dig them (with a few exceptions). They're unquestionably more complicated than blops 2, but no more so than MW3. 

The best way to learn the maps quick is to play domination - the A, B and C points help you stay oriented and you'll make that mental map much quicker.

Its funny I found myself playing much more even on KC than Dom. I started on Dom for a good hour and was either close to a 1.0 K/D or getting outright obliterated. No real middle ground; I suppose that was to me not knowing the maps and funneling to the flags while those (like you?) knew where to be. There are SO many angles to cover w/ these boards its hard to stay in cover at any given time.

W/ KC I was able to more easily flow for lack of a better word. Still had some downright horrible matches, but many more even keel matches where I didn't feel like cannon fodder.
post #210 of 279 Old 11-18-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Its funny I found myself playing much more even on KC than Dom. I started on Dom for a good hour and was either close to a 1.0 K/D or getting outright obliterated. No real middle ground; I suppose that was to me not knowing the maps and funneling to the flags while those (like you?) knew where to be. There are SO many angles to cover w/ these boards its hard to stay in cover at any given time.

W/ KC I was able to more easily flow for lack of a better word. Still had some downright horrible matches, but many more even keel matches where I didn't feel like cannon fodder.

Well domination is a bit different in ghosts since B usually isnt in the middle...so I think that's throwing a lot of people off.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Call Of Duty Ghosts

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page