Gran Turismo 6 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #91 of 199 Old 07-17-2013, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I just read this whole thread and see no mention of the fact that...Many of us have a big chunk of loot tied up in our Driving Interface wheels...Will those racing wheels be compatible with the PS4??? Hopefully SO!

If anyone can find facts about this it would be great to know!
vilfrard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 199 Old 07-17-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedallas2005 View Post

I just read this whole thread and see no mention of the fact that...Many of us have a big chunk of loot tied up in our Driving Interface wheels...Will those racing wheels be compatible with the PS4??? Hopefully SO!

If anyone can find facts about this it would be great to know!

GT6 is a PS3 game. They will probably do a PS4 version but there's no official announcement yet. I think Drive Club on PS4 will support current PS3 wheels, so there's hope that Polyphony and other devs follow suit.
vilfrard likes this.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #93 of 199 Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 AM

Liked: 19
Actually I did a search on the internet and found all existing wheels that work for PS3 will be ompatible with the PS4...but until its released who knows ...
vilfrard likes this.
post #94 of 199 Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Surprised more people haven't commented on the demo... the physics feel way better. Drifting is much, much easier. It makes the game way more fun, even in the Leaf. I'm able to tear through some turns and bends without braking at all where I never could before, it's like, wow. Not to mention that the shadows on the cars look a million times better, no big stair-step edges anymore.

I also love the way the camera leans in the turns to better reflect the handling of the cars. Up until now, I feel like all we've been given is a slightly better version of GT3 for the past couple iterations. This time, it seems like we are actually getting a new game with tangible and substantial improvements. Before this, while I have never played Forza, it was really starting to tempt me.
post #95 of 199 Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I'm a huge GT fan, going right back to number one on PSX, does any one remember the GT2 disc with the burning rubber smell. I still have it, and it still stinks!

I'll be waiting on a next gen version though.

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #96 of 199 Old 08-20-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Gran Turismo 6 Out on December 6th. PS Blog post with video.

post #97 of 199 Old 08-20-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Gran Turismo 6 Out on December 6th. PS Blog post with video.

Now that I'm at home I can flesh out the info released. See that lovely picture above with all the custom painted cars? Those are the 15th Anniversary special pre-order cars, painted in the 15th Anniversary livery. It's not just paint, but they come with performance upgrades as well. The four five shown are available if you pre-order from anywhere. This is the best type of bonus because if you buy soon after release the free code is usually in the box anyway. Then there's the GameStop pre-order bonus that gives these five, and 20 more! That's 25 total 15th Anniversary cars along with a special suit, helmet, paint chips, and PSN avatar. This is a giant pack of special cars and if you like to start a game with everything then more power to you. I smell a "this will all be available to purchase later" deal coming up so it's just added value for those that bite. Amazon is giving $1,000,000 of in game currency, on top of the five car pack, with their pre-order. Once again I won't bite but some folks love this stuff.

Vision GT

This is new to me and I think it deserves a callout. From the link above:
Quote:
In celebrating 15 years of Gran Turismo, Polyphony Digital has announced a unique partnership with a number of leading automotive manufacturers, design houses and other leading global brands. Design teams from Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Bertone, GM Design, Honda, Infiniti, Italdesign Giugiaro, JORDAN Brand, Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Nissan, Peugeot, SRT(Chrysler), Volkswagen and Zagato will create concept models giving a unique insight into the future of the automotive sector. Their designs will then be recreated as working cars for GT6.

This opens up an entire new world of future automotive design as before you would just see and read about it online, but now you’ll actually be part of the experience firsthand in Gran Turismo 6.

Polyphony Digital will release the cars from 2013 to 2014 as gifted downloadable content (DLC) to owners of Gran Turismo 6 through online update.

Cool idea and yay free stuff. They did this before with a couple of concept cars but now it's a real development deal for the game. Actual automotive engineers let loose in the GT6 simulation? Should be interesting at least. December can hurry up and get here so I can get the Xmas present to myself.

post #98 of 199 Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 262
I like the concepts part. That's pretty cool. It'd be even better if they allowed a livery editor. As far as I can tell there's not one.
post #99 of 199 Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

I'm a huge GT fan, going right back to number one on PSX, does any one remember the GT2 disc with the burning rubber smell. I still have it, and it still stinks!

Maybe that was the smell of the bugs. GT2 was so bad they released THREE different disc based updates in an effort to fix the mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

[Gran Turismo 6 Out on December 6th. PS Blog post with video.

Has a GT game ever launched on time? Looks like another case of "must ship before Xmas". Which I believe is what caused the GT2 bug mess way back in 1999.

My guess is GT6 will be more like GT5.5 since its a PS3 game. I'm not complaining I just think people expecting a signification leap forward (graphics or physics wise) will be disappointed.

The strangest announcement related to GT6 is they are making a movie about it. Serious what is that going to be like? A behind the scenes look at GT over the years? A docudrama about the licensing off all the models? A Tron-like vision of the future when all cars are built and raced inside a digital GT simulation environment?

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
post #100 of 199 Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII View Post

Maybe that was the smell of the bugs. GT2 was so bad they released THREE different disc based updates in an effort to fix the mess.
Has a GT game ever launched on time? Looks like another case of "must ship before Xmas". Which I believe is what caused the GT2 bug mess way back in 1999.

My guess is GT6 will be more like GT5.5 since its a PS3 game. I'm not complaining I just think people expecting a signification leap forward (graphics or physics wise) will be disappointed.

The strangest announcement related to GT6 is they are making a movie about it. Serious what is that going to be like? A behind the scenes look at GT over the years? A docudrama about the licensing off all the models? A Tron-like vision of the future when all cars are built and raced inside a digital GT simulation environment?

The physics engine is completely new. If you check out the link in the first post they explain how the physics system has been reworked from the ground up, adding variables for each individual tire, shock, and the like. Polyphony got cozy with actual tire and suspension manufacturers and mined their testing data to come up with the new physics engine. If you want you should try out the GT Academy demo and feel it for yourself; I think it's a significant improvement. Be quick though, the GT Academy demo expires on 8/31.

Graphics wise I'll give you except that the lighting and shadows are vastly improved, even in the demo. It stinks that they still have the jaggy "standard" level cars but there are less of them this time around. Menu's are all new and supposedly faster but that remains to be seen. Enough for a full retail game? I think so but some might not.

post #101 of 199 Old 09-12-2013, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I cannot believe I slept on Gamescom information! Here's the Gamescom GT6 presser:

The biggest piece of news is the Course Maker for GT6. In the video above It is explained that you can "lay out custom tracks freely". The area available in game is presented as 100km by 100km above. GTPlanet thinks that was mis-translated and is actually 50km by 50km, either way a gigantic amount of space to play with.

They are still working out the details but a free draw track editor sounds killer. How much fun will it be to combine that 50 by 50 km area, with the data from the GPS powered app they're working on that captures the routes you drive in real life? I really hope this all comes together.

post #102 of 199 Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Bathurst confirmed for GT6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII View Post

GT2 was so bad they released THREE different disc based updates in an effort to fix the mess.

Mine was a Greatest Hits edition bought at a KB Toys for $10 back around 2003/2004 or so when the PSOne hit $50. I remember it since it was my first Playstation purchase (I was a Nintendo 64 owner when they were in their prime).

Safe to assume I have the latest revision?
post #103 of 199 Old 10-04-2013, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^ Thanks Leo

Here's the official Bathurst Trailer:

post #104 of 199 Old 10-04-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

The B&W bits rewind me of the CGI footage in the introduction of one of the earlier games.

It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against Forza 5. Both will feature Bathurst for the first time so I'm sure a comparison video will quickly arrive after they're both released.
post #105 of 199 Old 10-05-2013, 03:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Surprised to not see audio being discussed here after knowing for several weeks now that this was going to ship with the placeholder GT5 sounds instead of the new audio system that was supposed to be one of the big advances and selling points for GT6.

For tracks, we already know that all Gran Turismo 5 tracks are included. Has anyone ever seen mention on if that includes the DLC tracks (Especially Spa & Motegi)? I'm hoping that they don't get ignored. Especially in the case of Spa.

And we also know that the game will include 7 new tracks at release. New circuits that have been seen so far are listed below.

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Goodwood Hill Climb
Willow Springs International Raceway
Matterhorn (Fictional and as far as I know despite post 1 suggesting otherwise, it's new to the series)
Apricot Hill Raceway (A fictional track from GT2-GT4 & the PSP edition)
Bathurst

I thought I read that the series producer likes the Goodwood hill climb and would likely include it but as DLC. So I'm not sure if people should be including that as one of the seven.

And they've stated more tracks will release as DLC.
post #106 of 199 Old 10-05-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

Surprised to not see audio being discussed here after knowing for several weeks now that this was going to ship with the placeholder GT5 sounds instead of the new audio system that was supposed to be one of the big advances and selling points for GT6.

For tracks, we already know that all Gran Turismo 5 tracks are included. Has anyone ever seen mention on if that includes the DLC tracks (Especially Spa & Motegi)? I'm hoping that they don't get ignored. Especially in the case of Spa.

And we also know that the game will include 7 new tracks at release. New circuits that have been seen so far are listed below.

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Goodwood Hill Climb
Willow Springs International Raceway
Matterhorn (Fictional and as far as I know despite post 1 suggesting otherwise, it's new to the series)
Apricot Hill Raceway (A fictional track from GT2-GT4 & the PSP edition)
Bathurst

I thought I read that the series producer likes the Goodwood hill climb and would likely include it but as DLC. So I'm not sure if people should be including that as one of the seven.

And they've stated more tracks will release as DLC.

Goodwood is already done and is being used as a demonstrator for the game in the EU and UK. Demo stations were running during the Goodwood Festival in July of this year. Rumored to be free DLC on day 1 maybe later so we'll see.

Would love to have the new audio system in place but it's probably not gonna happen. Possibly in a title update later? If it comes to delaying the game for new engine noise then I vote leave it. Besides I always figured the point was the driving, hence the ground up rebuild of the handling model being the main selling point of GT6.

As for wanting to compare to Forza 5 it really won't matter because folks will buy what they buy. Might be worth comparing if they were on the same machine but pointless otherwise.

post #107 of 199 Old 10-05-2013, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't say that Goodwood wasn't done. But all they've done so far with it is use it to show off GT6 at Goodwood's festival.

Nothing has been said on including it. In fact the opposite has been said about not including it on the disc as one of those new tracks. Hence my comments cautioning that it might not be one of the 7 new courses included as a standard part of the GT6 package at release despite it being one of only 7 new tracks that we're currently aware of having been created.

As for the audio, I think you're underestimating it since Polphony sure seemed to place a lot of importance upon it earlier. If it doesn't happen, it's yet another area that they didn't deliver on in the end. With how lousy GT5 often sounded, I hope they don't scuttle it like it appears that you're suggesting that they do. Heck, I watched a GT2 video last night and all the comments were praising the engine sounds and how they sounded better for that vehicle than anything they ever heard in GT5. It's time for a step forward in this area.

And as the latest entries in both series that obviously are targeting the same type of customers and releasing so close together, I suspect a good number of comparisons will result. It certainly has happened frequently in the past and right of wrong, people are going to get a kick out of seeing how they match up. And a completely new track like Bathurst seems like prime material for such a side by side comparison so I'm sure that videos will pop up almost immediately as soon as both become available.
post #108 of 199 Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

I didn't say that Goodwood wasn't done. But all they've done so far with it is use it to show off GT6 at Goodwood's festival.

Nothing has been said on including it. In fact the opposite has been said about not including it on the disc as one of those new tracks. Hence my comments cautioning that it might not be one of the 7 new courses included as a standard part of the GT6 package at release despite it being one of only 7 new tracks that we're currently aware of having been created.

As for the audio, I think you're underestimating it since Polphony sure seemed to place a lot of importance upon it earlier. If it doesn't happen, it's yet another area that they didn't deliver on in the end. With how lousy GT5 often sounded, I hope they don't scuttle it like it appears that you're suggesting that they do. Heck, I watched a GT2 video last night and all the comments were praising the engine sounds and how they sounded better for that vehicle than anything they ever heard in GT5. It's time for a step forward in this area.

And as the latest entries in both series that obviously are targeting the same type of customers and releasing so close together, I suspect a good number of comparisons will result. It certainly has happened frequently in the past and right of wrong, people are going to get a kick out of seeing how they match up. And a completely new track like Bathurst seems like prime material for such a side by side comparison so I'm sure that videos will pop up almost immediately as soon as both become available.

To the best of my knowledge these are the included "New for GT6" tracks:

1. Matterhorn
2. Apricot Hill- original track that first appeared in GT2
3. Andalucia, Spain- track editor area and original track, think Toscana in GT5.
4. Bathurst (Mt. Panorama)
5. Silverstone
6. Willow Springs
7. Brands Hatch
8. Goodwood Hill Climb*

*Late addition rumor. One interview says on disc, another says DLC, I'll be happy just to get it.

That's seven without counting Goodwood Hill Climb. If Goodwood makes it on disc then that's gravy. I would put my money on it being a download freebie on or near to day 1. I also updated the first post as I was confused about the source for Matterhorn. I thought it was a re-do of a GT2 track, random website article thought it was some sort of update to Eiger.

I would love new audio as much as anyone but I'm not willing to wait X number of months while they put it on disc. If it cannot be done as a title update then just leave it for the inevitable Special/XL/GOTY/Complete edition that will come later. If Polyphony decides to delay this game there's no telling when it releases!

Comparisons are inevitable I suppose, so the real world tracks are the measure of each game against the other. After watching the comparison between GT5/Forza 4 on Nürburgring it's easy to see the different priorities each developer has. It's fun for the sake of debate.

post #109 of 199 Old 10-24-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Announcing the partnership between Gran Turismo®6 and the Ayrton Senna Institute
Quote:
On October 24, 2013 at the SCEA Press Conference held in São Paulo, Brazil, we have announced a long term partnership with the "Ayrton Senna Institute" non-profit organization, and the "Gran Turismo" PlayStation Video game series. In the PlayStation exclusive game title "Gran Turismo®6" to be released on December 6, 2013, content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be provided through online updates, enabling players to trace the roots of Ayrton Senna's racing career.

A portion of the game proceeds will go to the Instituto Ayrton Senna in Brazil, a non profit that aims to have as many children as possible learn skills required for living in today's society. Win win all around, and another good reason to buy the game. Mid 80's to mid 90's F1 cars and track layouts anyone?

post #110 of 199 Old 10-25-2013, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Too bad that he never raced on the old Interlagos track in F1 before it left the schedule after 1980. I'd love to see a nice recreation of the old 5 mile layout before they hacked it apart to meet F1 standards in 1990 to return to the calendar.

The old track...

The new track...

post #111 of 199 Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow! The original version of Interlagos looks amazing. Shame they did away with some really excellent track, yet you would think a game like GT6 could easily "save" these tracks as they were. Probably a mountain of licensing issues and IP protections to deal with when a game wants to re-create some of these areas. Too bad because one of my favorites in GT5, Monza, has a high speed oval built in 1954 that has been unused since 1969. It's still there though it's falling apart literally.

These pieces of history would be perfect for preservation in GT6 or similar games. Fingers crossed that some developer feels the same in the future.

post #112 of 199 Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I doubt there's any special licensing issue with modeling a historic layout of a track that you wouldn't already have to deal with just to model the present day layout. They could even just avoid licensing entirely like some games have done like by calling Monza just Milano. That's what the upcoming Project Cars is going to do (Which includes models of 4 historic tracks including Monza from the 1960's without chicanes although running the full layout that included the banking doesn't seem to be an option at least currently).

They do a bit of maintenance on the banking. Was clearly some fresh concrete visible there from aerial shots a few weeks ago during the Italian Grand Prix. And they still use it for a rally event although most of it takes place on the apron rather than the banking itself.

You can drive it in one of the NFS Shift games or Test Drive Ferrari Legends (I forget just which one) but I don't think any race events actually take place on the banking in the game. Those games also include several other historic layouts like Rouen and the classic high speed Hockenheim layout (Both of which are also slated for the upcoming Project Cars from the same developer).

Hopefully it's something that Forza and Gran Turismo start doing down the road since it seems a natural to include classic tracks like the old 9 mile Spa in games that include so many vehicles from years past. And for the gamers that find some of these modern tracks boring and enjoy the fictional layouts, there were some real spectacular real life circuits that are almost difficult to believe were ever competed on.

Always been a pleasure when a racing game has gone down this route with NASCAR Legends and Grand Prix Legends being the most notable of the bunch that were 100% dedicated to historic racing (The former modeled the 1970 NASCAR season and the latter the 1967 F1 season).
post #113 of 199 Old 11-01-2013, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

11th Annual Gran Turismo Awards at SEMA 2013

People's Choice winner voted on by the fans:
Quote:
The hottest modified vehicles at SEMA will compete for the opportunity to win GT Awards based on five categories: Best Truck or SUV, Best Hot Rod, Best Domestic Automobile, Best European Import, and Best Asian Import. Each of the five categories will be judged by an expert in the field with a background in the automotive media or car building business. In addition to the five category winners, there will be an all-new People’s Choice Award.

Whichever car receives the most Facebook “Likes” will be crowned the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The crowd-sourced winner will compete along the five judged category winners for Best in Show honors as selected by the Gran Turismo staff. The Best in Show overall winner will be modeled for Gran Turismo and will appear as a playable vehicle in an upcoming game.

GT Facebook Page

Voting begins on November 5 and the window is going to be fairly small, so vote early and often!

And Leo, I'm with you. These guys should be all over getting more legacy tracks into these games.

post #114 of 199 Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Liked: 15
Here is some new info about GT6 that was released today
New Trailer

The car list
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8646105.html

Gran Turismo 6 Time Transition & Astronomy Effects
Crash44 likes this.

post #115 of 199 Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^^ Very nice. I definitely saw a 68-72 body Nova flash across my screen. I had a '70, wish I had kept it just like everyone says when they have a car like that.

Not gonna spoil it for those that don't watch, but: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holy cow MOON ROVER RACING?

post #116 of 199 Old 11-05-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's the impressive track list (39 distinct locations which is 10 more than GT5 + DLC). I hope they continue to expand it with DLC like they're talking about. GT5 only got two add-on tracks that were really worth anything (Spa & Motegi which are both included in GT6).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/tracks/#new
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45 View Post

Here is some new info about GT6 that was released today

I don't like the incomplete nature of the title and wish they'd have it in a state where only bugs, complaints, and expanding the car and track roster had to be concerned with after release. But I'm still excited and liking what I'm seeing. I hope they deliver on their promises after release better than they did with GT5 since this looks to be loaded with potential so I hope they fully realize it this time.

Other than that, here are some minor things I wish they had done...

-I wish Goodwood Circuit was included. It's a largely untouched circuit from the 1960's that hosts the Goodwood Revival each year and is adjacent to the Goodwood Hillclimb that hosts the annual Festival of Speed.

-Historic circuits in general to complement the historic vehicles they model.

-Uniformity such as variable lighting and weather at all circuits, all vehicles being of the same standard with full cockpits, and anything else that might be similar.

-Better car coverage since some Japanese cars are still getting undue attention with many models in what has long been an international product with a worldwide audience. Meanwhile, notiable historic brands often aren't even present like AMC or Hudson with a single vehicle and many typical contemporary American vehicles like Chevrolet Impalas are absent while the usual dozens of Skylines are still there.
post #117 of 199 Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's a tease of the first Vision GT concept car by Mercedes Benz:

Quote:
The Mercedes AMG concept will join a number of special creations from other carmakers, design houses and even unrelated brands like Nike under the Vision GT6 banner, with all cars to be released from 2013 to 2014 as gifted downloadable content (DLC) to owners of Gran Turismo 6 through online update.

More at the link.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/mercedes-lifts-skirt-on-new-playstation.html

post #118 of 199 Old 11-26-2013, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So Mercedes decided a virtual version of their Vision GT entry just wasn't enough. This 1 to 1, full size scale model of the concept was presented recently at the LA International Auto Show:

Vision GT cars will be free additions to GT6 and will be rolled out in the months after release. More pics at Car Scoops.

post #119 of 199 Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32

eek.gif

GT7 we probably will be racing on Mars by then biggrin.gif
post #120 of 199 Old 12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member