Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #181 of 211 Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 201
What's the evidence of the Red Bull Ring being added? Were they seen scanning it or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 211 Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I am getting tired of the challenge with the Bugatti Veyron... I have been trying for about 6 months now and the best I have been able to get is .3 seconds away from even getting a bronze. I am not a real good driver but have gold in almost every race to get to the final level (except go karts ). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to setup the options? I have tried playing with ABS, and TC, but not able to get the last little bit to make it to the final level.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #183 of 211 Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
What's the evidence of the Red Bull Ring being added? Were they seen scanning it or something?
It was a rumor when I read it, then it was announced officially today: http://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-rin...ran-turismo-6/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
I am getting tired of the challenge with the Bugatti Veyron... I have been trying for about 6 months now and the best I have been able to get is .3 seconds away from even getting a bronze. I am not a real good driver but have gold in almost every race to get to the final level (except go karts ). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to setup the options? I have tried playing with ABS, and TC, but not able to get the last little bit to make it to the final level.
I don't usually use assists but I had to here. Use the skid recovery force- keeps the car from spinning out. Once you learn to lean on that force you should make it. Don't bother with abs or tc because they just rob your speed.
ellisr63 and Leo_Ames like this.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #184 of 211 Old 06-18-2014, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice to see.

If they really want to make me happy though, they'll do the Osterreichring as well for their Senna themed DLC. That's the track that Formula One abandoned in the mid 1980's that was largely destroyed a decade later to build the modern A1 Ring that Red Bull has now resurrected (And the track that Senna actually raced on). If I had to pick the perfect road course, it would've been the Osterreichring.

But as modern F1 tracks go, this is still one of the best even if it pales next to what used to be there. But since they're doing classic versions of other circuits, I hope they consider that one.

The Forza/GT fans that think real-life equals sterile and boring where circuits are concerned would find a very nice road course much unlike what they build these days.

Crash44 likes this.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 07-13-2014 at 08:16 PM.
post #185 of 211 Old 06-18-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post
It was a rumor when I read it, then it was announced officially today: http://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-rin...ran-turismo-6/

I don't usually use assists but I had to here. Use the skid recovery force- keeps the car from spinning out. Once you learn to lean on that force you should make it. Don't bother with abs or tc because they just rob your speed.
For some reason the Skid recovery force is greyed out on mine.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #186 of 211 Old 06-19-2014, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Lots of updates today! There's update 1.09, which brings a new couple of tracks and another Vision GT car. There's also three new Seasonal Events.

Quote:
For some reason the Skid recovery force is greyed out on mine.
My mistake! Use ASM and practice leaning on it. Eventually it will just click and your lap times should drop.

post #187 of 211 Old 06-19-2014, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Polyphony digital launched a new blog spot called pitstop to help communicate with the gran turismo community. Hopefully they continue to update it frequently so we stay informed.
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/
ellisr63 and Crash44 like this.

Last edited by adam45; 06-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.
post #188 of 211 Old 06-21-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45 View Post
Polyphony digital launched a new blog spot called pitstop to help communicate with the gran turismo community. Hopefully they continue to update it frequently so we stay informed.
http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/
Thanks for spotting that, not sure how I missed it the way I've been obsessing lately. I added it to the first post as a resource, after 1 week it seems an interesting blog already.

post #189 of 211 Old 06-25-2014, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

News updates today in post #1 .

Two new Vision GT cars incoming, FIA certifications, and the Goodwood Festival of Speed is this weekend.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #190 of 211 Old 06-27-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Eurogamer has a bit up about Gran Turismo 7 on the PS4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rs-set-to-stay

Here's some quotes from Yamauchi...

"We are working on the title" (Obviously)

"I don't think it'll make this year!" (This one kind of disappoints me since I was hoping we'd see Gran Turismo 6: Remastered Edition followed 2 or 3 years later by a true next generation entry.)

"I don't think it'll be a Prologue." (Fine by me, never liked the paid demo nonsense.)

"I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars. Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focused on increasing the number of premium cars."

Rather disappointed that the PS2 heritage apparently will be carried over for what will be a full sequel and that we can again expect a significant quality divide with the vehicles themselves. Was hoping that we'd only see GT5's and 6's premium vehicles carried over along with a slate of freshly developed GT7 vehicles, leaving the PS2 era vehicle assets behind.

I hope the tracks are at least more equal with no more instances like Monaco where for half a lap it's like a Twilight Zone episode with no human life in evidence with the other half along the harbor just sparsely populated by poor cardboard looking cutouts in the stands.

Monte Carlo should be teaming with life yet the lack of it just screams that it's a PS2 port.
Crash44 and mphfrom77 like this.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 06-28-2014 at 02:12 AM.
post #191 of 211 Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Some news updates in post 1 today. The Track Maker is in beta test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
Eurogamer has a bit up about Gran Turismo 7 on the PS4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rs-set-to-stay

Here's some quotes from Yamauchi...

"We are working on the title" (Obviously)

"I don't think it'll make this year!" (This one kind of disappoints me since I was hoping we'd see Gran Turismo 6: Remastered Edition followed 2 or 3 years later by a true next generation entry.)

"I don't think it'll be a Prologue." (Fine by me, never liked the paid demo nonsense.)

"I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars. Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focused on increasing the number of premium cars."

Rather disappointed that the PS2 heritage apparently will be carried over for what will be a full sequel and that we can again expect a significant quality divide with the vehicles themselves. Was hoping that we'd only see GT5's and 6's premium vehicles carried over along with a slate of freshly developed GT7 vehicles, leaving the PS2 era vehicle assets behind.

I hope the tracks are at least more equal with no more instances like Monaco where for half a lap it's like a Twilight Zone episode with no human life in evidence with the other half along the harbor just sparsely populated by poor cardboard looking cutouts in the stands.

Monte Carlo should be teaming with life yet the lack of it just screams that it's a PS2 port.
As far as the car models go, there needs to be more of the HD versions and less of the low res versions. I don't think they should throw all the old versions away however. One of my favorite cars is the BMW M3 CSL, a low res car that is probably the best performing 450 to 550pp car right out of the box, and can win classes well above its starting numbers without much in the way of upgrades. It deserves a visual upgrade, but I am happy to have it because it's so fun to drive.

The handling and dynamics of the old cars is already done, so let them keep turning the old cars into HD (with interiors please) while using the time saved for never seen before new additions. Something I noticed, he called it an "archive". I could see an archive section dealership, spend less money to play the game type of thing.

I've never really been concerned with the lack of people at the tracks. Could it use a big improvement? Absolutely! If it takes away time for more new cars, tracks, or improved sound, or more legacy courses then it should stay on the back burner. Maybe the expanded resources on the PS4 will be just what they need to improve the overall race atmosphere.

post #192 of 211 Old 06-28-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I've never owned a PS3. As a PS4 owner, I'm jealous of you guys. I'd like to play this game on PS4.

Is there any plans of it coming to the PS4?
post #193 of 211 Old 06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

You're going to have to wait for Gran Turismo 7 to arrive in a few years. About your only option before then might be Playstation Now where you might be able to stream it.

Just be prepared to possibly drive like your car has severe turbo lag, is sluggish to responding to steering inputs, and has perpetually cold brakes that don't grab immediately. Hopefully that's just a pessimistic exaggeration, but I just can't imagine racing in a streaming environment.

Quote:
I've never really been concerned with the lack of people at the tracks. Could it use a big improvement? Absolutely! If it takes away time for more new cars, tracks, or improved sound, or more legacy courses then it should stay on the back burner. Maybe the expanded resources on the PS4 will be just what they need to improve the overall race atmosphere.
It wouldn't take much to upgrade something like Monte Carlo though. It's a beautiful circuit despite its roots, but it's like they stopped at the 95% mark and were satisfied merely with converting it over and not going beyond that. A track like London seems more alive by comparison.

I can see the car issue being daunting for them, but I really don't think it would take nearly the effort to assemble a more consistent track lineup where quality is concerned. Just a tad bit more upgrading and I bet they'd blend in seamlessly.
mphfrom77 likes this.

Last edited by Leo_Ames; 06-29-2014 at 02:45 AM.
post #194 of 211 Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Thanks. I'm not sure how I missed your post a couple above mine where you mentioned 2-3 years away.

That's terrible news for PS4 owners though. Extremely confusing as well. Just doesn't seem to make any sense. I feel like an idiot, because I originally had assumed by going with a PS4 that I would be playing Gran Turismo within the first year.

I've been deprived of GT since 2 & 3 from my PS2 days, and have been dealing with withdraw for a really long time now.

That's just crazy to me. I'm dumbfounded by it being few years away, truly.
post #195 of 211 Old 06-30-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Polyphony Digital isn't a Western development house........they don't seem to react to the lure of $$$ the way other developers do....if you are expecting a major sea-change for GT7 it would represent a sort of coup, I think, because GT's pattern with PD has always been to focus on what is important to them, and largely ignore what isn't.

For example, here is the engine sound issue as described by the entire Western Hemisphere of GT fans:
"The engine sounds in this game are the same ones from the first CD release of Gran Turismo on the PSX, my tablet version of Adrenaline Racing 8 has better engine sounds than GT6! Please Fix This its making the game crappy!!!!"

Here is the engine sound issue as described by PD:
"A small, but vocal, minority of fans has expressed concern that our engine sounds do not represent the vehicles as accurately as they could. In order to address this concern, with our upcoming 2.0 release we will be spending a significant amount of time developing our new "Development Update" video section. In this area, new videos will be released (TBD) where the development team will speak to users concerns in video updates. Our first exciting video, due this year, will show users that the sounds are 100% accurate by taking the fans into the making of one of our recording sessions with Kaz himself."

Here is their solution:
Nine months later, while still in beta, a patch will be released that opens up a new menu area called Developers Corner....it will have one video posted (its one and only video), a highly-produced 3 minute video showing:

Kaz driving intensely in the cockpit
Kaz drifting in slow motion
Kaz intently pointing at a car and talking in Japanese to a bunch of other guys who are are intently taking notes.
Shots of people walking around a racetrack in slow motion

In this video, interspersed with jump-cut scenes of slow-motion cars in mid-drift, we will see the guys miking up the car to record the sounds, in this case the car will be a Nissan GT-R. Because its always a Nissan GT-R.
The mic will be clipped to Kaz's jaw bone, and we will see that the engine sounds in the game are indeed 100% accurate: That is how the cars sound inside Kaz's head when he's wearing a racing helmet, ear plugs and Nomex fire-proof hood. Mystery Solved. Just like whenever Kaz slides into another car after miscalculating a turn, all he really hears is a dull "THUMP" and his car keeps going in the pointed direction, cuz he's a damned fine driver. GT.....the ultimate Kaz driving simulator. You start drinking THAT Kool-Aid and it all makes sense.

As a bonus, viewers who watch the complete video will unlock the following new cars with which to purchase and race in-game:

The 1996 Acura Integra R WorkSports R Edition
The 1996 Acura Integra R SportsFlexWork R Edition
The 1996 Acura Integra R Hello Kitty Livery R Edition
The 1996 Acura Integra R WorkSportsFlexerant Racing R GSR Drift Spec Z Edition
1 Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Clown Car (Volkswagon)
1 Go Kart

</shameless mockery>

But this is how the GT games work. You don't ask, you don't criticize. You accept and move on. Criticisms are treated as curiosities, sort of explained-away but generally the focus, thanks to marketing folks being in the room, is to 'briefly acknowledge the discontent' and then focus, focus, focus on your message. "The cars sound like @ss? Hadn't noticed. Check out the brand new Video section!!"

When taken on its own, GT6 is awesome. When compared outside the bubble against competition both inside and outside of the PS3 world, it has some flaws that grow larger with each release and, in 2014 or 2015, are going to have to be addressed if they expect us to take other advances seriously. You can't keep ignoring these jagged edges that get sharper and sharper forever.

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #196 of 211 Old 07-05-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Too busy this week but finally got the time to update properly. Post 1 has the new info on 2 different hot laps and 2 drift trials with which to challenge the leaderboards.

In real life racing news, the F.I.A. has announced the return of the WTCC (World Touring Car Championship) to the Nurburing in 2015. The race will be run using the 24 Hour course, which is the GP circuit and the Nordschleife together, for a total lap of 15.7 miles. The WTCC format, normally two races of ~60km (37mi) each on a weekend, will have to be changed for this particular race due to the size of the track. Organizers are shooting for a single 120km race with one mandatory pit stop, which means five laps of this challenging course.

I don't think GT6 has any official WTCC cars, with the closest being the recently added Lexus ISF CCS-R '11. Actually any of the close-to-stock bodied race cars or touring cars, with a PP in the low 500's, will get you into the ballpark of the real life performance of this series. With the new FIA partnership I'm hoping the WTCC series gets some support in GT7 because that class (race cars with PP500-600) is probably the most fun in the game.

post #197 of 211 Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New update in post #1- new A Spec races added starting July 9th. I've also added a new photomode pic now that (I think) I've figured out the gallery function on this site. Am I the only one having trouble getting photos to look right in a post?

Anyway happy racing

post #198 of 211 Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Distracted by the Destiny beta I missed the update this week, details are in Post One. Two new Super Laps and two new Drift Trials, good to August 13. One of the Super Laps is rally car on dirt this time. Might be the first one of those? Will be an interesting puzzle setting up for a dirt road time trial as I've never bothered with the dirt/snow tracks except for what the campaign required.

post #199 of 211 Old 07-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That's the thing, I'm a huge GT fan but with it on the PS3 it's gets lost in the shuffle with the new PS4 games coming out. I almost have to remind myself to play it once in a while. It's nice to see they're continually updating the game.
post #200 of 211 Old 07-25-2014, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New and improved. Update 1.10 is out at a whopping 2.1GB, adds both the Aston Martin and Nissan Vision GT concepts. A number of fixes are in as well as other detailed improvements. New A-spec races as well this week with details in first post.

post #201 of 211 Old 07-30-2014, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

iPhone/iPad app is called "Beyond the Apex" and is now live. Get it here.

I am working now and have had zero chance to mess with it. It includes the complete vehicle database (as of launch in December 2013) with images and specs, along with some basics about tuning and driving.

post #202 of 211 Old 07-30-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
iPhone/iPad app is called "Beyond the Apex" and is now live. Get it here.

I am working now and have had zero chance to mess with it. It includes the complete vehicle database (as of launch in December 2013) with images and specs, along with some basics about tuning and driving.
Any Android versions?

post #203 of 211 Old 07-30-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Any Android versions?
No, and Unfortunately PD doesn't have any definite information on when or if there will be and Android Version.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #204 of 211 Old 07-31-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I did a little digging and also came up empty on an android version. Inside the app it has a section that calls itself a magazine, so I imagine this will be a platform that will be updated from time to time. I also wonder if this thing will be used with the upcoming course maker, which is supposed use GPS data from your travel and turn that into a course. I can dream right? lol

First Post Update: New trials are live as of yesterday. This set features a Super Lap with the 1985 Lotus 97T F1 car from the Ayrton Senna DLC. That car is crazy fast and can be difficult, and yet so rewarding, to drive.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #205 of 211 Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update yesterday with new A-Spec races against the wonderful GT6 AI. The venues are nice, as Silverstone and Nurburgring Nordschleife are two of my favorites that don't get used in these money making races nearly enough.

September has at least one new VGT coming, this time from Toyota.

Ranking is still open for the Lotus 97T (Ayrton Senna) Super Lap. That car wants to eat your face yet it's excellent when in control. IRL the 97T was considered underpowered in its day, which seems crazy.

Last edited by Crash44; 08-08-2014 at 10:19 AM.
post #206 of 211 Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Usually I don't have any complaints with the challenges that PD sets up for us. That includes the last A-spec race on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where to come in first place you had to run a lap of 6:40-ish or better in a 600pp limit racing car. If you've played the game and run through some of the iA or S license races you'll understand that this is a real challenge, especially when having to deal with the rolling roadblocks that are the AI cars. A challenge but not impossible, which is an improvement over the cakewalks that we had been getting up until then so good on PD for listening.

The problem I have this week is that PD has chosen a track that's the bane of my existence (in GT6): Matterhorn. Doesn't matter which layout they use I just can't get this track. I swear I've been off the side of that mountain so many times I need a parachute or flying car option.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #207 of 211 Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New A-Spec races are up, from Aug. 20 to Sept. 3. Hook here is the performance point limit on the top race- 650pp, but cannot be a race car. There's only a handful of not-race-cars in the game that can get to that limit. So the devs are challenging you to beat the race with a lesser car, David and Goliath style.

Challenge accepted.

post #208 of 211 Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update 1.12 is due out about a week from now. The biggest news is the new original track that's included: Circuito de la Sierra. Sneak peek footage from the PD offices in Tokyo:

Here's some cam gameplay footage:

Also of note: The Aston Martin VGT car that released last month was downloaded more than 2.5 million times by individual players. According to bloomberg.tv.
ellisr63 and Leo_Ames like this.

Last edited by Crash44; 09-03-2014 at 12:27 PM.
post #209 of 211 Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm looking forward to this update. I got back into GT6 a few weeks ago have been really enjoying it.

That three display set up is insane. I've always wanted to do that.

post #210 of 211 Old 09-10-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Lots of updates! Life (and the release of Destiny) has been the hold up of info for the last two weeks.

There is an update due this week: 1.12, which will include a new track. First post has all the info and a vid.

On their Pit Stop Blog
, PD has put out a call for sound engineers to work on their "future projects". Apparently the amount of applicants has been high:

Quote:
In a brief post on the company’s PitStop blog, Polyphony Digital reports they have received a “large number of applicants from around the world” for Sound Engineering positions, and that Kazunori Yamauchi and the Sound Production team are currently reviewing all of the resumes which have been submitted. They also thanked applicants for their enthusiasm for Polyphony’s “projects ahead”. The post comes just over a month after Kazunori announced the company was recruiting sound production engineers while discussing engine sounds...

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Gran Turismo 6

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page