16Likes

post #1 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93

GT6 Updates Page

If you're new to the series then this thread will (hopefully) help with: maximizing your in game currency, the climb to the elusive top positions on the leader boards, and having fun. Speaking of currency, checking into the game each day increases the payout for each race, up to 200% by the 5th day in a row. This applies to offline and online payouts.

New Track: Circuito de la Sierra

News (updated 9/10/14)

• Update 1.12 arrives on or about 9/10/14. Will include new VGT cars (one is the Toyota entry) and new online options. This update also includes a new original track: Circuito de la Sierra. First look vid here.
  • Along with the new track there will be a new Special Event added: "Time Rally". The event appears to be a checkpoint race but no actual details have been released. We will all be surprised sometime this week ending 9/14.

Seasonal Events
- B License Required. These are leader board challenges, usually updated weekly or bi-weekly.

A-Spec Races: Sept. 3 to Sept. 17
Spoiler!

Super Laps and Drift Trials Aug. 13 to Sept. 10

Spoiler!

Vision Grand Turismo- High performance concepts riding on the fringe of reality exclusively for GT. These are prize cars in special Seasonal Events when they're first released or, if you miss the deadline, they are available for purchase with in game currency (but it's a lot of in game currency).

Update 1.10- Aston Martin and Nissan Vision GT's (Details)

Update 1.09- Volkswagen Vision GT (Details)

Update 1.08- Mitsubishi Vision GT (Details)

Update 1.07- BMW Vision GT

Ayrton Senna Free DLC- Available May 30.
Spoiler!

Information and Resources

Gran Turismo.com

iPhone/iPad Mobile App "Beyond the Apex" (free download)

Pit Stop- the official Gran Turismo blog. (thank you adam45 )

GT Planet- The #1 GT enthusiast site.
mphfrom77 likes this.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)

Last edited by Crash44; 09-10-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Hmmm, with Drive Club set to be a PS4 launch title, I don't see Sony clogging up the channels with two first-party racers in 2013. Maybe GT6 will hit the PS3 this fall, followed by an updated PS4 version in Spring 2014.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #3 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
With the amount of time PD wastes on Development, I'd hope they're working on GT6 for PS4 already.
post #4 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Some facts would be nice, but this event might just be for nostalgia and the GT Academy drivers. Here's to hoping for something though.

Best part is now I get to speculate! If I was running the game launches at Sony I would handle GT6 like this:

GT6 Prologue cross gen PS3, "launch window" PS4.

GT6 for PS4 at holiday 2014.

Time wise this isn't out of the question, because everyone in the world knows GT6 has been on the grill since about a minute after 5 shipped. Or, maybe there will be a GT6 for PS3 as well, kind of how Madden had PS2/3 versions for a while.

post #5 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39

I think its safe to say the game will be delayed at least 2 years, will have a paid GT6 Prologue edition, and we're likely looking at at least 2015 for a release date smile.gif

post #6 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 03:44 PM

eclipz pointed this out to me, apparently the cars are CGI in the video and have plates that read GT1, GT2, GT4, GT5. GT3 must have been edited out. Further, they appear to be taken the game they were in, the GT1 car looks much lower poly than the GT5 one.

post #7 of 212 Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hopefully this one doesn't suck like GT 5 did.

500 gigs FTW.
post #8 of 212 Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Although I wouldn't say GT5 sucked (I put a lot of time into it and enjoyed it quite a bit), Polyphony really needs to make the next gen GT6 special. I was hoping for a more social/team based experience with GT5. Kinda of how Drive Club looks to be shaping up. I'll be picking up GT6 no matter what because I really like the series, I'm just hoping there's a team/club component to this version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Found this on GT Planet which was originally found on NEOGAF. Some of you might be familiar with Amar, that guy that seems to have some behind the scenes knowledge of stuff going on at Polyphony Digital. He posted this and someone on GTPlanet gave it a shot at deciphering it.
Quote:
Amar@ NEOGAF

1 - Once the six skip the three
2 - Saving for the four
3 - Question stays about the five
4 - Waiting for some more

5 - Due the fact we knew too much
6 - About the four and five
7 - Six will hide until it can
8 - Kevin Butlers' Jive

9 - It's six step left six step right
10 - Rinse, repeat and wait
11 - The three will get some finger food
12 - And four will celebrate.
Quote:
Here is my translation of what Amar212 stated and how it ties into May 15th

1 - GT6 will skip the PS3.
2 - GT6 will be released on the PS4.
3 - Fans will ask about GT5.
4 - They will ask for more content.

5 - Gran Turismo fans knew to much
6 - About GT4 and GT5.
7 - GT6 information will be scarce
8 - Until the reveal at 5.15 and at E3.

9 - GT6 will be announced on May 15th and revealed in June
10 - 6 months later it will release.
11 - GT5 will receive some DLC (Silverstone) in the form of GTA DLC.
12 - PS4 owners will be joyful over the excellence of GT6.
post #9 of 212 Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I can already hear a pack of Hoover vacuums racing down the straight of Laguna Seca. But due to the PS4, the graphics will be so much better. Can't wait! rolleyes.gif

500 gigs FTW.
post #10 of 212 Old 05-09-2013, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipz View Post

Although I wouldn't say GT5 sucked (I put a lot of time into it and enjoyed it quite a bit), Polyphony really needs to make the next gen GT6 special. I was hoping for a more social/team based experience with GT5. Kinda of how Drive Club looks to be shaping up. I'll be picking up GT6 no matter what because I really like the series, I'm just hoping there's a team/club component to this version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Found this on GT Planet which was originally found on NEOGAF. Some of you might be familiar with Amar, that guy that seems to have some behind the scenes knowledge of stuff going on at Polyphony Digital. He posted this and someone on GTPlanet gave it a shot at deciphering it.
wut
post #11 of 212 Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I hope it's not going to be another long wait.
post #12 of 212 Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I have both the 360 and PS3 and own both GT5 and FM4. I have to say, I really hope the next GT plays more like FM. I put endless hours into that one and barely touched GT5. I played every iteration of GT up until that point and, I don't know, it just felt so bloody stale and boring to me. Here's hoping. Maybe the next Forza will be cross platform. Wouldn't that be nice...

post #13 of 212 Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

I have both the 360 and PS3 and own both GT5 and FM4. I have to say, I really hope the next GT plays more like FM. I put endless hours into that one and barely touched GT5. I played every iteration of GT up until that point and, I don't know, it just felt so bloody stale and boring to me. Here's hoping. Maybe the next Forza will be cross platform. Wouldn't that be nice...
Well, seeing how MS is the publisher, I am going to bet on it not being cross platform.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #14 of 212 Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I'm at level 32 in GT5 and I don't feel the drive of trying to do the rest of the races.. and I've been playing GT since GT1
post #15 of 212 Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Well, seeing how MS is the publisher, I am going to bet on it not being cross platform.

Didn't bother to check that. Thanks for bursting my bubble. wink.gif

But I do have really great memories of listening to Sex Type Thing by the Stone Temple Pilots and just pwning with the Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition in GT2. Good times.

post #16 of 212 Old 05-14-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Looks like by this time tomorrow we will know whatever it is they want us to know. As a primer, I found a screencap from the anniversary intro vid. Might be an in game asset, might be PS3 or 4, but looks pretty no matter what:

Then again it could be the actual building. Always hard to tell with captures from video, even harder when starting at Youtube quality. rolleyes.gif

post #17 of 212 Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

This is the kind of lighting and color depth I am hoping to see next gen. Very realistic compared to what we usually get on the consoles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 40
If it looks like that my wife is going to put me in the doghouse because I'll be buying the PS4 a lot sooner than planned!

PSN ID: javant86

post #19 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 AM

Hmm interesting...
Quote:
Gran Turismo 6 is a PlayStation 3 game, says Sony exec

SCEE senior vice president Michael Denny mentions GT6 in a list of upcoming PlayStation 3 titles.

Gran Turismo 6 could be heading to the PlayStation 3 as one of its swan-song titles, a Sony executive has said.

Speaking to Silicon Republic about how the PlayStation 3 still has plenty to offer despite the unveiling of the PlayStation 4, SCEE senior vice president Michael Denny name-dropped some upcoming highlights for the current-gen machine. "Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3," said Denny, "like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin's Creed, GTA."

Sony last week unveiled the PlayStation 4 for the first time, saying the machine would launch later in 2013. Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital, appeared in a video at the event to describe the PlayStation 4 as so easy to use it was like a "blank canvas" for game creators.

Motorstorm creator Evolution Studios announced Drive Club, a realistic next-gen racer, as part of its PlayStation 4 unveiling.

Development on Gran Turismo 6 was confirmed by Polyphony Digital in 2010.
Quote:
Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:

New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tire model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.
post #20 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

GT6 launches this holiday season on the PS3.

Summary of the game details:
Quote:
Sony has officially announced Gran Turismo 6 for release on PS3 this Christmas.

The game will feature all of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5, with fresh historic, road and race vehicles bringing the total car count to 1200 at launch. Thousands of custom wheels and aerodynamic parts will be available.

The UK's Silverstone Circuit will appear in the game for the first time in the series' history. It will be one of seven new locations, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them new. Fresh cars and tracks will be made available as post release DLC.

Social and community features for the game will be supported on smartphones and tablets.

The GT Academy competition, which is designed to unearth real racing driver talent, will also return in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

Today's press release states: "GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to 'the Real Driving Simulator' as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface.

"A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content."

Series creator Yamauchi says: "It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo. Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform.

"However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo."

At a special 15th anniversary event taking place at Silverstone Circuit today, Yamauchi discussed the game further.

"The game engine will be renewed for GT6, we'll be cleaning it up, making it smoother for the future," he said. "The rendering engine will be completely renewed for GT6.

"[There] will be a revamped physics engine, new suspension, tyre and aerodynamics modelling."

"There will be a new course maker, spanning several tens of square kilometres."

The original Gran Turismo launched in Japan in December 1997 before releasing globally the following year. Gran Turismo is Sony's best-selling franchise to date with unit sales of 70 million, almost half of which have been made in Europe, the platform holder said today.

Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events, Sony said.

~~~

Gran Turismo 6 features

New Game Engine

• Refactoring
  • Compact, nimble operation
  • Flexible expandability
  • A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine

• New suspension and kinematics model
  • New tire model
  • New aerodynamics model
  • Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC

• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
  • Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
  • Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
  • Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts

• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
  • More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker

• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer

• Players can form their own communities
  • Various community levels from local and domestic to global
  • Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface

• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
  • Quick response
  • Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility

• PlayStation
  • Smart Phone
  • Tablet
  • PC

Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
  • Acura NSX '91
  • *Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
  • *Alpine A110 1600S '68
  • *Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car '86
  • Ferrari 458 Italia '09
  • *Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
  • Ford GT '06
  • *KTM X-BOW R '12
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
  • *Light Car Company Rocket '07
  • McLaren MP4-12C '10
  • *Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
  • Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) '08
  • Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08
  • Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) '12
  • *Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
  • Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
  • *Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
  • Toyota 86 GT '12

post #21 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My PS3 was never going anywhere after I get a PS4, so which system it comes to does not concern me. All this means is my Driving Force stays plugged into the PS3 and not the 4!

The list of improvements seems to fix many of the mechanical problems with the game. Easy menus and short load times are just what the doctor ordered. Nimble operation will hopefully cover things like custom music that actually works properly. Re-worked tires sounds great, as does more custom options for real handling, and some fun purely aesthetic stuff.

What it does not mention is also interesting, like the car selection. Is the pool going to be split into used/premium again? If there are used cars again, what did they do about that goofy generic cockpit view (I did appreciate the effort and I use it but c'mon)? Tracks from GT5 are included, so how many new tracks come with the new game? I haven't done a count, and the announcement sounds like they are still figuring that out, so I digress for now. I imagine these details will be cleared up at E3.

Some will criticize the platform choice from a business perspective, but it seems a smart move to me. Installed base is big on PS3, and factor in a big price cut for PS3 hardware and I think this strategy will work just fine. Time will tell I guess.

post #22 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 204
And GT2 and GT4 both came at the tail end of their respective generations. So there's some precedent for this. And I imagine this will be a headliner for their backwards compatibility streaming service which should appease the early adapters.

It's hard to imagine the car issue being carried over. What's wrong with the custom soundtrack support? And I hope Spa and Motegi (The only two DLC track additions to GT5 of any real interest) are carried over. I don't care about the karting track or the speed track.

I better get going on Gran Turismo 5 XL. Haven't cracked the shrinkwrap yet since buying it last year. For some reason I'm always late to the party with Gran Turismo (Never have paid more than $20 new for one).
post #23 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

It makes sense for it to come to the PS3. I think this means that drive club (or whatever that game was) won't be coming out until next year some time, possibly in the spring.

post #24 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 204
Possibly, but they're two different platforms and one is a simcade and the other is a pure arcade racer it would appear. So while I'm sure there's overlap (Probably not a huge percentage of PS4 owners this Fall will lack a PS3 and they're both racing games), they might consider the two markets distinct enough to take the chance. Particularly since the PS4 is launching and this is one of the PS3's final big Christmas seasons.

I don't think they're going to want to hold back even if they're going to partially cannibalize each other's sales. Waiting for better timing on one just might end up losing more for them than it would be gaining.

But it's Gran Turismo so I imagine the developer will take care of the conflict since this is just the first announced release goal. Traditionally that doesn't mean much of anything for this franchise. So it very well may be delayed out of this year and I think there's even an outside chance it might not release on its intended platform.
post #25 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I listen to the Beyond podcast on IGN, and Colin Moriarity has been calling this for a very long time. I do think it does make the most sense. And I make the same jokes as everyone about the delays of the past game, but since they know this machine pretty well already, I don't think they will have any problems hitting their date. Now they can get this out and probably sell at least 8 million copies, and that will buy them time to learn how to develop for the PS4 and bring out the next one a couple years down the road.

post #26 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

GT6 being considered for PS4:
Quote:
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the upcoming sixth entry in the racing simulator series is also being considered for release on PlayStation 4.

Speaking at today’s Gran Turismo 15th Anniversary event at Silverstone racetrack in England, Yamauchi told IGN, “We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now.”

Players eager to race around the world’s most iconic stadiums in all their next generation glory may want to put their brakes on though. Yamauchi adds, “I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario.”

Asked whether progress could be transferred from PS3 to future PS4 versions of the game, Yamauchi would only offer a coy “probably”.

Expect more info on the PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 to be announced closer to the PS3 version’s release.

PS4 version of GT6 for Fall of 2014? Drive Club gets a year to impress, my prediction anyway.

E3 should be packed with details about GT6.

post #27 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

DriveClub will launch around the same time as the PS4. GT6 on the PS3 for Christmas has no impact on that decision.

As for the first GT release on the PS4, it's pretty much guaranteed that Sony already has their plan outlined. My guess is that we'll get GT6 Super-HD next year, which will hold people over like GT5 Prologue prior to GT5, until GT7 is ready to go.

EDIT: I guess by the post above I am right.

~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Tracks from GT5 are included, so how many new tracks come with the new game?
From the feature overview posted above:
Quote:
7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5

post #28 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

So are you thinking that GT6 will come out before or after the launch of the PS4? I wonder if it would hurt selling the new system if it came out after the PS4 launch.

post #29 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

GT6 for the PS3 will come out Christmas 2013. GT6 for the PS4 (my guess) will come out next year. If people hold off on buying a PS4 at launch because of PS3's GT6 and end up buying the system next year, either way they end up with one so it's not a major issue.

post #30 of 212 Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

GT6 for the PS3 will come out Christmas 2013. GT6 for the PS4 (my guess) will come out next year. If people hold off on buying a PS4 at launch because of PS3's GT6 and end up buying the system next year, either way they end up with one so it's not a major issue.
That's true. I didn't really care for GT5, but I was kind of burnt out on racers. I haven't played one in a very long time, so it might be something I look in to.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Gran Turismo 6

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page