Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1 of 78 Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 195
War Thunder: Ground Forces is a multiplayer air, naval and ground combat simulator that will be available this year on the PS4. The time period for the battles is between pre-WWII and the Korean War. Hopefully we see more sims like this come out next gen.

Quote:
Today, Gaijin Entertainment announced that it was bringing its military MMO game War Thunder to the PS4. Dubbed War Thunder: Ground Forces, the game will be out holiday 2013.

War Thunder: Ground Forces will, the studio stated, offer "intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative cloud options". What's more, Ground Forces will feature "improved" head-tracking, "easier" social abilities, as well as streaming and sharing options.

"We're convinced that our cooperation with Sony will not only make the War Thunder franchise better, but it will give our fans a new level of gaming experience that will figuratively blown their mind," said Gaijin Entertainment’s Creative Director Kirill Yudintsev in an official release.

"Partnering with Sony Computer Entertainment is the most natural progression for the War Thunder brand, from our hugely successful beginnings on PC with more than 1.5 million players, to our recent announcement that War Thunder is under development for mobile devices," he continued. "We are excited to bring War Thunder to the leading next-generation platform, the PS4."

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
The PS4 is the leading next-generation platform?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #3 of 78 Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

War Thunder will allow cross play with PC gamers and will feature head tracking with the PS4 Eye:

Quote:
Yudintsev claimed that Sony was a better choice for War Thunder since the "PS4 is the most open platform, open to allow us to find a way that War Thunder players can get their game on cross-platform which is really cool and something the industry has lacked for years.

"Sony’s guys really want to help us to make great game for our players and that means a lot when you are making a game for any console."

Talking most specifically about developing for the PS4, Yudintsev said "we have discovered truly amazing features that perfectly fit our War Thunder MMO project," adding that despite the game's origins as a PC game it works just as well on the PS4.

"Because of the PS4′s features," said Yudintsev, "we are going to be able to develop a lot of really cool features that are not currently presented in our PC version which is in open beta. These features will be ready for PS4 players right from the start."

Interestingly Yudintsev also discussed how powerful the console is, even more so than current PCs, he claimed.

Greater visuals will be the key improvement for the PS4, and according to Yudintsev this will be the case for some time. "I don’t think that average PC will be as powerful in the near future," he said.

Meanwhile, "head tracking, native social features (like streaming) and some other fancy stuff mark the difference between the PS4 and PC versions."

post #4 of 78 Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 91
The game looks like it wants to push the new platform as much as possible, but hope they don't overextend themselves. These guys are making lots of PR promises and they're a relatively small developer, tackling a multiplayer game with THREE different gameplay mechanics happening. If they can get that working well with the visuals they're showing now I'll be impressed. However, PC cross play? I'll believe it when I play it.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #5 of 78 Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 542
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/war-thunder-ps4-debut-gamescom
Quote:
The PlayStation 4 version of War Thunder will make its world premiere at Gamescom in Cologne this week, Gaijin Entertainment has announced.

“Sony has been a great partner in bringing War Thunder to PS4, and we are excited to show the console version for the first time this year at Gamescom,” said Kirill Yudintsev, Creative Director at Gaijin Entertainment.

“We have harnessed the power of the PS4 to deliver cutting-edge graphics, cross platform battles with PC players, intelligent personalization and deeply integrated social capabilities to appeal to seasoned players and PlayStation enthusiasts alike.

“More details about the console version will be announced at Gamescom 2013.”

The World War II combat game is currently in open beta on PC, and has been played by over three million users.

Old Beta Trailer from January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LO9w4i93rE&feature=player_embedded
post #6 of 78 Old 08-20-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Definitely on board for this after seeing it shown at Gamescom
freemeat likes this.
post #7 of 78 Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Definitely on board for this after seeing it shown at Gamescom

Yes, it looks great!
post #8 of 78 Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Looks good but eh I don't have time for yet another MMO. Pretty cool on the cross play though.
post #9 of 78 Old 08-20-2013, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I'd guess you could jump on and fly a couple missions without a lot of involvement
post #10 of 78 Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

300+ vehicles....eek.gif

http://mp1st.com/2013/08/20/ps4-war-thunder-gamescom-trailer-300-wwii-vehicles-exclusive-ps4-and-ps-content/
post #11 of 78 Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
post #12 of 78 Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here's a new PS4 trailer:

Leo_Ames likes this.

post #13 of 78 Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Stolen from Shack News:

The flight and tank combat game War Thunder has the unique distinction of being the sole PlayStation 4 game (so far) to let you use keyboard and mouse controls, or a flight stick if you'd like. Originally on PC, and sporting five million players on that platform alone, the free-to-play game already used KB/M on PC and so it was a natural fit--but it wasn't a plug-and-play solution.

Supporting alternate control methods takes some extra effort on behalf of developers, told Gaijin president Anton Yudintsev Kotaku. The game's also taking advantage of some other less-used PS4 features. It's cross-platform, for one, letting PS4 players take on PC players and vice-versa. The PlayStation Eye can even be used for head-tracking.
post #14 of 78 Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Flight sticks?
Quote:
So far, the free-to-play WWII action simulator made by Gaijin Entertainment is the only PS4 game I've heard about that supports the use of a mouse and keyboard. And flight sticks. But that support isn't of the plug-and-play variety. Gaijin president Anton Yudintsev told me that letting players use non-Dual Shock 4 input devices takes some effort from developers to do." Mouse and keyboard play was possible on PS3 but it required special devices or converters to happen.

The PS4 version of War Thunder does some other intriguing things, too. It's cross-platform, which means that PS4 players will be playing on the same servers as PC gamers. And it uses the PlayStation Eye camera for head-tracking, letting you change the viewpoint in the game simply by turning you face in a different direction. I didn't get to see either the head-tracking or the 2

Planes are the main draw of War Thunder but playable tanks are coming soon. Dogfights aren't about wearing down a aircraft's hit meter. Rather, impacts on specific places can take someone out with the quickness. A well-placed bullet into the cockpit can kill a pilot, leaving the intact, otherwise unharmed plane without anyone to fly. Gajin's hyper-researched title will also have more than 300 aircrafts—bombers, strike fighters, fighters—to control in single-player or multiplayer.

post #15 of 78 Old 11-25-2013, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 201
No mention of the naval aspect? Hope that hasn't been cut out like the arcade Battlefield developers did after Battlefield 1942. Bombarding an island from a battleship far off the coast with a buddy on TeamSpeak hidden near a disputed control point directing my fire was always a fun time. One of the reasons why I've grown away from the franchise.

I hope it halfway lives up to their ambitions. Going to be far from perfect on that large of a scale but I hope they manage a solid job of it since this really is the only project at this time that excites me in any way. The lineups for the XB1 and the PS4 are just more of the same so far where as this looks potentially very different and new.

I'm not worried about support since it remains a popular high end option for the flight sim genre, but I hope they spend a lot of time getting the popular Saitek X-52 stick/throttle combo working to its maximum.
post #16 of 78 Old 11-25-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Hopefully its still coming out Friday, been looking forward to this.
post #17 of 78 Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

PS4 FAQ:
Quote:
What is War Thunder?

War Thunder is a free-2-play MMO combat game dedicated to major World War II battles. It combines aerial, ground and naval multiplayer battles all in one gaming experience. The game's major battles are set during the period from 1939 to 1953.

Can I play the game offline?

No, you need permanent internet connection in order to play War Thunder.

Does the game require PS Plus to play multiplayer?

No, you can download the game from the PS Store for free and play it without any restrictions.

When the game will become available for PS4 in Europe?

It will be available of the launch day of the console itself, on November 29th. On this day War Thunder for PS4 will also launch in Australia and New Zealand.

When the game will become available for PS4 in North America?

It depends only on Sony of America, but we’re doing our best to bring War Thunder to US console players as soon as possible.

Is there some exclusive content for PS4 version?

Yes, all PS4 players will get a unique decal for decorating their planes and they can also purchase an exclusive “Invader” Advanced Pack which includes US attack aircraft A-26C-45-DT Invader and other bonuses.

Will be there any benefits for PS Plus owners?

Yes, PS Plus owners will get a discount for buying a premium account and another unique decal for decorating their planes.

Can I get some in-game advantages by paying real money?

No, you can’t! There is no way to get any advantage in battles by spending real money. You can buy Golden Eagles – special in-game currency which you can use to train your crews faster and unlock planes and upgrades for them earlier. But you’ll be fighting against more experienced and better equipped users, who didn’t spend anything. Also, with Golden Eagles you can buy “premium” planes, which come prepackaged with all upgrades. But they aren’t any better than regular planes – these are just rare models, like Australian aircraft in the UK research-tree.

Can PC and PS4 users play together? Will the updates be the same as on PC?

Cross-platform play won’t be available on day one because PS4-version uses a more recent build (1.37) of the game than PC-version and thus is incompatible with it. We’re working closely with Sony on deploying updates simultaneously on PC and PS4, and when we have 100% confidence that it’s possible, the cross-platform multiplayer will be enabled in one of the updates.

How much does PS4 version differ from the PC one?

As described above, at the moment the game uses different builds on each platform. However in general, it is almost the same, except controls and interface. But in order for it to stay the same we need to make sure that the versions will be synchronized in reasonable timeframe.

Can I use my existing PC-account on PS4?

Sony's current policy requires you to create a new account for the PS4, so you can’t use your existing one. We really hope that Sony some day will change this, but it this is up to them only. If that day will come, we’ll try to make some merging of the accounts, and while it will be technically impossible to merge 100% of your progress on both platforms, we’ll try to do our best. But, again, even that possibility depends on Sony.

On the bright side - you can use your PS4 account to play on PC.

Can I play War Thunder on PS4 using flightstick?

The support of USB-compatible flightsticks will be added in future updates.

Does the game support the PlayStation Camera?

Yes, it is used for head tracking so the player can look around in-game without using the controller.

Does the game support Remote Play through PS Vita?

This feature is not supported at the moment, but it will eventually.

post #18 of 78 Old 11-29-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

post #19 of 78 Old 11-29-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:

WTH? Watchdogs, Drive Club, Minecraft and now this is also delayed?

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #20 of 78 Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Its just a US thing, evidently its out everywhere else...oh well.
post #21 of 78 Old 12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
It's a North America thing (which is the region managed by Sony USA I believe). As of today I can say it's not available in Canada yet either (not sure about Mexico but probably the same)...

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #22 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Buenos dias, Americanos... we finally get the game on our shores next Tuesday:
Quote:
For us in Gaijin Entertainment, this new generation of of gaming is all about experimentation and new business models, and War Thunder is a prime example of this: a cross-platform, free-to-play, massively multiplayer historical combat game.

The most important part is that War Thunder is an online game and it evolves constantly. There were several major updates for the PC version of the game since November, including the launch of the Ground Forces expansion pack. This addition allows players to control armored vehicles such as tanks and anti-air guns which are fighting planes in some of the game modes. This simulates the realities of war where different army branches always supplemented each other in battles.

Our idea was to present PS4 players in North America with the latest version of the game, and today we’re proud to announce that War Thunder is coming out on June 3rd and it includes the Ground Forces expansion from the start! And, of course, all of the other exciting features found in the latest 1.41 version of the game — 350 different planes, squadron battles, 150 different multiplayer missions, and single-player campaigns and scenarios.

We can’t wait for launch, and we’re are preparing something special for PS4 players — stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog to hear more details soon!

post #23 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Thanks @joeblow.

You hear that @lordxar5? You still excited about this?

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #24 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Thanks @joeblow.

You hear that @lordxar5? You still excited about this?

Woooooooohhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
post #25 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 90
This sounds interesting... so the monetization is totally optional, based on the info above?
Quote:
Can I get some in-game advantages by paying real money?

No, you can’t! There is no way to get any advantage in battles by spending real money. You can buy Golden Eagles – special in-game currency which you can use to train your crews faster and unlock planes and upgrades for them earlier. But you’ll be fighting against more experienced and better equipped users, who didn’t spend anything. Also, with Golden Eagles you can buy “premium” planes, which come prepackaged with all upgrades. But they aren’t any better than regular planes – these are just rare models, like Australian aircraft in the UK research-tree.
This could be interesting and a reason for me to hook up my camera:
Quote:
Does the game support the PlayStation Camera?

Yes, it is used for head tracking so the player can look around in-game without using the controller.
post #26 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 397
This should be interesting.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #27 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 175
It's like Christmas in June. Hadn't payed much attention, but definitely will now. Reading the description I am reminded of Warhawk, which was a ton of fun.

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #28 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Oh wow. That just sounds awesome.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #29 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I went to Metacritic (yeah, I know) to get a feel for what people were saying about it. I had to laugh at this user review:
Quote:
So if you check the 10/10 reviews on here. they are all one review of Warthunder with a 10 score. Looks like the dishonest communist pigs that made this game are into metacritic fraud too. This game sucks unless you like unrealistic russian planes that outperform everything all the time
post #30 of 78 Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'll withhold judgement until we hear from the honest communist pigs.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page