post #1 of 9 Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Planetside 2 will launch later this year:

Quote:
Across the continents of Auraxis, thousands of players will come together in enormous battles to win control of territory and resources for their empire. With an extensive skill tree and a free-form class-based system, players will be able to customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, or the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Battles can last for days or weeks, so players will need to build real alliances and combat outfits to take on long-term strategic and tactical initiatives. With air, ground and seaborne combat, the battles are more intense than ever.

Various character, vehicle and artillery customization features will be available to players constructing the perfect fighter for their favorite of the three empires: The Terran Republic (the conservative, authoritative nation aiming to reunite the clashing factions), The New Conglomerate (a liberated faction fighting to remaining free) or The Vanu Sovereignty (technophiles seeking to develop and exploit alien technology). Also, an in-depth and adaptive class system – with ranks, unlockable traits and skill sets – will give players complete control over their online warrior.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks pretty good. I can't wait for E3

PSN - nnarum
post #3 of 9 Old 06-06-2013, 06:40 AM

Liked: 832
Looking forward to this one. It's giving me a vibe like someone took Warhawk, BF3 and MAG and mixed them all into one. Should be great for some epic teamplay.
post #4 of 9 Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
So is it only PvP? I am losing interest in death matches but would love a MMO with great co-op PvE.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #5 of 9 Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, PvP only.

~~~

New info about the PS4 version from an E3 podcast, transcribed by a NeoGAF member:
Quote:
Clint Worley (Senior Producer for the PS4 port of PS2) was on yesterday's SOE E3 stream: (skip to 2:31 to watch it)

Here's a summary of what he said:

• Footage of the PS4 version will debut at SOE Live (Aug 1 - 4).

• Taking advantage of the native stuff (Remote Play, share, DS4 touchpad)

• 2 separate teams working on PS2 (PC team & PS4 team). PS4 team is porting the PC version including all the current updates and they're working with the PC team so all the future updates can be implemented in the PS4 version.

• The game is being optimized for the PS4 hardware. Claims the PS4 version will look like the PC version running on a high end system with everything on max.

• He assumes the PS4 version is behind the PS+ paywall just like every other PS4 online game [Yoshida has since confirmed the game won't require PS+ to play].

• They want the game to be available at launch for the PS4, but they're not committing themselves to it. Will hold back the game if it's not ready when the system launches.

• They've been spending a lot of time making sure the game is optimized for multithreading and taking advantage of the PS4's RAM.

• Right now there's no PC-PS4 cross platform play. They have some ideas on how to bridge the versions [doesn't sound like gameplay], but nothing to announce at this moment. Might have something ready for SOE Live.

• The PS4 version has some unique things like the DS4 touchpad support, but they want it to remain as close as possible to the PC version. Updates might not come as frequently or as fast as the PC version though cause of certification [they've done a really good job at keeping parity between the DCUO versions, so I doubt the delays will be long].

post #6 of 9 Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 639
it is a really fun game, but you have to be prepared to spend some money, the amount of time you have to spend to get enough "money" to buy new guns, etc.. is off the charts. as far as gameplay goes it is kind of like battlefield conquest mode but on a much, much bigger scale. I got bored with it because i didn't want to spend any cash, there are so many options i didn't want to buy a gun and then not like it. I bought a scope and the after using it for a while i didn't like it...
post #7 of 9 Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

it is a really fun game, but you have to be prepared to spend some money, the amount of time you have to spend to get enough "money" to buy new guns, etc.. is off the charts.

If you're any good you won't have trouble racking up points in a hurry, and you won't have to spend a dime.

I could understand how lower skilled players that struggle to get kills and rack up points might feel forced to buy points, but for better players it's relatively easy to get points from what I hear. I have coworkers that play and they all say the same thing, that it's easy to get points without having to pay. Interestingly, only one of my coworkers is actually any good skill-wise in my opinion, but even the mediocre ones say it's easy to get points.

Some of BF3 xbox guys might remember one of my coworkers that used to play with us c0MPLEXITY. He's a really good gamer, plays a lot PS2 as a member of Future Crew, and talks very highly of the game. Simply, it's an epic FPS.

A video he forwarded to me today:

post #8 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, Tekken Revolution is FTP and what you say is mostly true on that game as well, except you have to be pretty good to play as long as you wish without paying (it gives you five free plays every 2.5 hours regardless).

Nice video! It shows off the flight gameplay pretty well. I'm definitely trying PS2 out; I've heard some good things about it on various forums.

post #9 of 9 Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 PM

Liked: 832
Wondering if this could be the next Warhawk. Getting that vibe.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page