Forum Jump: 
 91Likes

post #3061 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 84
What would be the best way to get as much of us on a single server? There are 5 people online but all on different maps.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

What would be the best way to get as much of us on a single server? There are 5 people online but all on different maps.

We usually just join as possible. Without server queues its tough. I can live without joining as a party but come on with the server queues already...
post #3063 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My experience here in México was more of less the same as mphfrom77, in stores there are plenty of copies of KNACK, KILLZONE and others, but finding a single BF4 copy was almost impossible here in the small city I live in, I went to 5 different stores and in the last one had only 1 copy of BF4, don´t know if there where very few BF4 copies, or its a HIT in this third world country eek.gif
post #3064 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlalotoani View Post

My experience here in México was more of less the same as mphfrom77, in stores there are plenty of copies of KNACK, KILLZONE and others, but finding a single BF4 copy was almost impossible here in the small city I live in, I went to 5 different stores and in the last one had only 1 copy of BF4, don´t know if there where very few BF4 copies, or its a HIT in this third world country eek.gif

Battlefield 4 will easily outsell both Killzone and Knack combined. This was always going to be the case as whilst Killzone is a successful series it has sold 1 million copies for the first and just under 3 for the second and third games. Knack has been rather poorly received (as it really should be a psn game not a full release imho) so is unlikely to sell all that well.
post #3065 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

Will jump online in about 2 hours. Anyone in for an early session?

Quick question: anyone using KontrollFreeks on his controller? http://www.kontrolfreek.com

I have used them on my 360 since my BF:BC days and I have them on my DS4 now. I will admit it took me a little to get used to them on the DS4, but now that I have some time on them I think they feel great and definitely help me.

For the price I always tell people to get and try em and if you don't like them give me to a buddy.
post #3066 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Knacks actually doing surprisingly well. From what I read it outsold the new Super Mario game quite a bit.

Lot of the reviews were very unfair to it, but it is fair to say it's not going to be a game for everyone, especially a game that people expect to show off "new gen".

Anyways, anyone having issues flying the helicopters, try this:
  • Buttons: Veteran
  • Sticks: Legacy

Having the throttle as the triggers, and the sticks as they are feels very natural to me and allows much better control. downside is L1 bumper becomes the fire button, and down on d-pad the countermeasure flare; both taking a little to get used to. But being able to be nimble and retreat / face off quickly against people is much more important IMO and these controls allow that for me.
post #3067 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Anyone try playing with autoaim off? Sad to say but I'm horrible without auto on; I'm still not comfortable with these sticks.
post #3068 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Knacks actually doing surprisingly well. From what I read it outsold the new Super Mario game quite a bit.

Lot of the reviews were very unfair to it, but it is fair to say it's not going to be a game for everyone, especially a game that people expect to show off "new gen".

Anyways, anyone having issues flying the helicopters, try this:

Having the throttle as the triggers, and the sticks as they are feels very natural to me and allows much better control. downside is L1 bumper becomes the fire button, and down on d-pad the countermeasure flare; both taking a little to get used to. But being able to be nimble and retreat / face off quickly against people is much more important IMO and these controls allow that for me.

I know it isn't always accurate, but even if it is off, if knack outsold by "quite a bit" then it sold between 2.5 to 3 million??
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70766/new-super-mario-bros-u/
post #3069 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Anyone try playing with autoaim off? Sad to say but I'm horrible without auto on; I'm still not comfortable with these sticks.

I turned mine off and didn't look back.
post #3070 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I wish the sticks were loose like the DS3, as I had way more control of them. I'm sure others would hate that though. I like the auto off, but need to use super low sensitivity since I overcompensate a lot.
post #3071 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Killzone got me spoiled with auto aim off. In BF I kept finding the auto aim would switch targets or waiver and mess me up. The DS4 is nice and tight though. Left my sensitivity default.
post #3072 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

...Anyways, anyone having issues flying the helicopters, try this:

I believe that is what I have mine set at. It is the only thing in this game that feels natural so far.

I looked at the different ways I could change infantry buttons and sticks, but it seemed I have set up the best way I can. Same with vehicles (tanks, boats, jeeps, AA, IFV...).

This is going to be very difficult for me I believe. Guess no one else is any different though. Just doesn't seem right that they only have like 3 or 4 different options. One last time...wish we could have mapped our own controls.

Today again, caming back to my main guns as infantry from using a defib, ammo pack, repair torch, and just constantly on single fire. For some reason I keep hitting that down button.

What layouts are you using for infantry and vehicles?
post #3073 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yup... i love it.. i use it on the right stick (aiming) only..
Wow, I did that too, right stick only on 360 controller. But I don't know if I need to try them on the DS4. I developed an obscene wrist cyst that coincidentally went away after trading in the 360 and then switching to BF3 on the PS3. I drive a motorcycle, so I couldn't scientifically blame the controller. Trying to double-trigger the DS4 using "veteran" for vehicles/flight brought the cyst back too, and I realized the DS4 isn't big enough for my hands and I'm causing stress trying to hold the controller that way. I might try the kontrolfreaks to see if I can simulate a size increase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

What does aim assist even do?
post #3074 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I believe that is what I have mine set at. It is the only thing in this game that feels natural so far.

I looked at the different ways I could change infantry buttons and sticks, but it seemed I have set up the best way I can. Same with vehicles (tanks, boats, jeeps, AA, IFV...).

This is going to be very difficult for me I believe. Guess no one else is any different though. Just doesn't seem right that they only have like 3 or 4 different options. One last time...wish we could have mapped our own controls.

Today again, caming back to my main guns as infantry from using a defib, ammo pack, repair torch, and just constantly on single fire. For some reason I keep hitting that down button.

What layouts are you using for infantry and vehicles?

Ground Vehicles I'm finding the default controls best, except for backing up / using reverse. Sometimes you move the aim camera and it gets wonky and runs you forward for no reason.

Maybe I'm take a look at putting forward and reverse on the top buttons as well, but I'd like to keep the triggers as spot and fire there if possible. Guessing thats not the case thou.

As for the controls, keep at it and muscle memory will take over. First 10 hours were rough for me as well coming from BF3 and playing a lot of KZ the first weekend. After a few hours it all clicks, and you won't notice the struggle anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

What does aim assist even do?

When you ADS is snaps/zeros your scope to the closest enemy. Basically, auto aim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

I know it isn't always accurate, but even if it is off, if knack outsold by "quite a bit" then it sold between 2.5 to 3 million??
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70766/new-super-mario-bros-u/

Hmmm, maybe II was reading about the UK then? Not sure, probably wrong then.

On another note 1.1 million in the states? So everyone with a WiiU bought Mario? smile.gif

(as they should!)
post #3075 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Never trust VGChartz, their numbers are all guesswork. They were banned from the forum they got their start on for posting falsified sales data for the Wii, 360 and PS3. (They were pushing the 360 as vastly outselling everything else)

After being banned they founded the site and now make a bunch of money off their scam. (Wouldn't shock me if they accept payoffs to boost numbers given their history)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3076 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Never trust VGChartz, their numbers are all guesswork. They were banned from the forum they got their start on for posting falsified sales data for the Wii, 360 and PS3. (They were pushing the 360 as vastly outselling everything else)

After being banned they founded the site and now make a bunch of money off their scam. (Wouldn't shock me if they accept payoffs to boost numbers given their history)

i know, but i didn't see anything that shows worldwide that knack outsold mario, that is why i said it wasn't accurate, but it was all i could find...
post #3077 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

They have Knack as 100K WW, which is absolutely not accurate seeing as it had an official bundle in the EU and was unofficially in many bundles in the US. I doubt it's a million, but no way was it only 100K.

Found the source, Knack sold better than Mario in the UK: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-ps4-fastest-selling-console-in-uk-history

So not US...
post #3078 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

@Cravit8
So I know the lower the ping the closer you are to the server meaning the faster your connection to the server is, correct?
Now, in the server browser when searching for a game, there are bars on the right side representing what I suppose is your ping to each individual server, correct? is it the more bars the better or vice-versa? YES

Here is the thing though. I recently upgraded my internet plan from DSL 6/.50 to XFINITY 50/15. It seems I'm consistently getting speeds of 45-47 down and 11-13 up. Am I at an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to latency? I ask because I'm still getting shot when I'm behind cover including buildings, walls, etc. and I seem to be on the losing end of pretty much every close, medium or even long range, face to face gun battles I go against. Perhaps my reflexes are too slow or I may need to hip fire and not ADS or maybe it's that my accuracy simply just sucks. From my perspective, even at fairly medium to long range, the moment I get hit, im dead.
That might be something for @bd2003 or another tech head to answer. I sure know people on the original Rainbow Six used to glitch by simply pressing the "standby" button on his modem/router, so the guy who maintained connection got screwed by the enemy pulling an X-men Nightcrawler move. I'd think the Netcode doesn't allow that.
Oddly, in the millisecond I duck behind cover, I can "sense" the death through wall problem you speak of that millisecond before it happens. I use to get perturbed, now I know to expect it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Now lets turn things around. Last night i had an instance on Shanghai Rush where I emptied a clip at fairly close range on an enemy that was turned around, not facing me at all. He noticed he was getting shot and managed to escape by doing a mad dash around the side of a building while I was switching to my sidearms as opposed to reloading. I can assure you I put a lot of bullets into that guy before he started sprinting to elude the gun fire but he still managed to get away. What gives? Is this the hit detection or "netcode" issue that I've heard discussed before?

I'm guessing you took him to 1 health, maybe it's also possible he had a medpack laying on the ground near him that saved him from death by .05%?
I am not a twitch gamer, and I felt I was always more likely to die then live in a one-on-one and it's why I started as sniping recon on BF3.
A good solid 6-8 hours cumulative in close quarters (now domination) and I "feel" better and don't have that sensation any longer that you might have. But I play close quarters and domination begrudgingly and only do it to sharpen my poor reflexes. I think it's like golf, where people say a pro got a lucky shot, but really it's him being on the golf course for 5000 hours.

That being said, I don't know what Pendrag0on's issues are. He seems deadset on calling it the OHK glitch but it might help us discuss it if he uploads some video.

All that being said, gaming online still memorizes me. And the netcode must be pretty good for me to be able to tether an old Blackberry Curve 8830 on a ~1.5Mbps cellular connection to my laptop to my router, and then share via xbox 360 off that connection through the router and play BF3.cool.gif
post #3079 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Today has been one of those days where everything goes wrong. Think I lost just about every match. Most people ignored objectives. Teams were usually lopsided. Death on every spawn, though your teammate somehow survives to camp another day. Look left and they are right. Up and they are down. Claymore in every doorway. Sniper on every roof. Every nade on your head. Helicopters flown into mountains. Killed by people who just got the game and their only kills are you. Just one of those days.
Chairman7w likes this.
post #3080 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
My issue is that the time to kill is non existant on certain guns, I am dead as soon as I see the first flash. When I shoot someone it takes a set amount of shots to drop them and a set amount of time. When I can't see or feel that on my end it is an issue that I call out. I feel it on every AR now (before the patch it was only a few) but Carbines and SMG have no TTK when I am getting shot at, I just drop. Sniper rifles it is hard to call BS on since they can get OHKs same with shot guns, but at the same time I feel that some of them shouldn't be instant deaths.

TLDR, some guns still feel wrong when I am getting shot at.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3081 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 69
If Knack outsold Mario that is truly sad to see. Knack is average at best, the new Mario is great at worst.
post #3082 of 8568 Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Just uploaded a bunch of videos to FB. We found new ways to troll! Got my first BF4 hatemail from spawn killing on CR obliteration! I'm sorry, meant to say strategic offense. biggrin.gif
post #3083 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:

Today has been one of those days where everything goes wrong. Think I lost just about every match. Most people ignored objectives. Teams were usually lopsided. Death on every spawn, though your teammate somehow survives to camp another day. Look left and they are right. Up and they are down. Claymore in every doorway. Sniper on every roof. Every nade on your head. Helicopters flown into mountains. Killed by people who just got the game and their only kills are you. Just one of those days.

Oh God I've had so many of those...

What I hate is when I get killed by the same guy over and over, like 6 times. I look at the scoreboard and he has like 7 kills... GGRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #3084 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Spawned on a camping sniper far on top of the mountain the other day and glitched under the mountain. Had to swim under the buildings to the lake to get up again.

post #3085 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Quote:

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ELh3Ikvl9Gg
Cravit8 likes this.

post #3086 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Maybe I missed a setting but is the sharing a video quality that bad? This is going to make me use my Elgato again if they cant improve that. But then again maybe I am missing something.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3087 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Once the video is shared did you hit the 'HD' button in the video? Mine are all set to 'SD' per default on FB.

post #3088 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:

Once the video is shared did you hit the 'HD' button in the video? Mine are all set to 'SD' per default on FB.

Thank you. I thought I was in the stone age watching those videos. Is there a way to make it default in HD?

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3089 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Looks like aim assist is far stronger than it used to be in BC2 or BF3. Interesting.

What's the FB link again?
post #3090 of 8568 Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Every fps on I've played on console has had some sort of auto aim to it, but usually not the snap to target feature like shown in this video. Even the options to turn it off usually don't remove it entirely, though Battlefield does. Interesting.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page