Battlefield 4 - Page 106 - AVS Forum
First ... 104  105  106 107  108  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 12:20 AM 12-10-2013
I always thought it was funny in BF3 when I would find myself playing against a party or squad of guys playing TDM, match after match. Like shouldn't they be playing Conquest or Rush together as opposed to TDM?

I bet Domination can get like that.

PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 12:34 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I always thought it was funny in BF3 when I would find myself playing against a party or squad of guys playing TDM, match after match. Like shouldn't they be playing Conquest or Rush together as opposed to TDM?

I bet Domination can get like that.

They played the objective, worked as a team, and were just as good with a gun as I am. Not everyone is good in vehicles and Domination lets people like me shine. It is why I wish for a vehicle free Rush.

I'm toying with sensitivity settings, I am currently at 50 after trying 60, just a touch too much for run and gun play. Auto aim is on, mainly for the aiming slow down near an enemy. (Basically sensitivity drops close to a target) If I could disable everything but that I would.
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 01:18 AM 12-10-2013
Pendragoon, you and I need to get together and wreak some havoc. Give me some time to get acquainted with the DS4 controller on BF4 though.

I really like the infantry gun play in BF3, and although I think it actually may have took some weird side step that I am unfamiliar with for BF4, I am sure I will continue to explore it and like it.

IMO though, the Engineer class for BF4 as infantry are just OP against vehicles. I think a small squad working together with a medic at the rear could do some work in BF4 on any map regardless of vehicles.

Battlefield just takes organization I think.

BF3 was no different, only the medic class was pretty much OP, IMO, in that game. It is my opinion that for BF3 a team full of medics reviving could have run through anything in the game.

Basically the guys working together in TDM that I mentioned were all medics. You'd take out 2-3 of a squad and the third guy was there to get you when you ran out of ammo and revive the others. It was just a little unexpected in TDM from time to time. No doubt Domination could be the same. Just OP against a lot of single players, which is what I presume Domination mainly is at this point.

For BF4 I think I am going to eventually land on a select few guns that I can rely on and only use them while trying to be good with vehicles as well. But I have noticed, at least in BF3, that the guns of choice can vary depending the platform. One gun can work differently console vs pc. I'll just have to figure out which ones I like, even if there are overall favorites across all platforms, because in my opinion some guns react so differently depending on if used on pc or console.

In BF4 I see myself mainly using the Engineer class because they seem to be the best class this go round. I really don't see forcing myself to use all the different guns in the game like some people have said they are going to do. I actually liked doing that in BF3, but this time around I think I want to concentrate on being the best I can be...as bad as that may be...lol.tongue.gif IDK, I mean if I enjoy doing that like I did for BF3, then maybe, but I just think I'll prefer just becoming better acquainted with a select few guns for BF4.
emartins's Avatar emartins 04:31 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:

I made this post over in the Xbox One thread but I'll apply it here as well...

I stopped reading after this. MPH you are now playing on the dark side so all posts must be posted here first, after 24 hours you are then allowed to share the post with other side. You are still new so I will let this one slide.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:39 AM 12-10-2013
Sweet! Just need to complete the game on hard to get that and normal, get 45 .45 kills, and get a win on the crappy game modes and this will be platted.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 08:50 AM 12-10-2013
so does anyone know the damage with the launchers, is the rpg just as strong as the msaw (or whatever the name of last one you unlock)
Hksvr4's Avatar Hksvr4 08:53 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I stopped reading after this. MPH you are now playing on the dark side so all posts must be posted here first, after 24 hours you are then allowed to share the post with other side. You are still new so I will let this one slide.

I was going to post the vid I made here but decided not to because I might get banned from the thread police emartins. If you wish to see some killer ownage by yours truly, it's posted on the dark side.
diy_canuck's Avatar diy_canuck 08:57 AM 12-10-2013
Somehow my name got missed on the last PSN list even though I added it in post 2920, so please add me. PSN name Brohdah
Quote:
AVS Player List

01. Lazy_GenLus - PS3/PS4 - EST
02. LordXarsNexus - PS3/PS4 - CST
03. Lodolfan16 - PS3/PS4 - EST
04. Guttahhh - PS3/PS4 - CST
05. ChitownJackalope - PS4 - CST
06. xx_shiv_xx - PS4 - EST
07. Trail-Mix-A-Lot, PS3/PS4, CST
08. NeoNima PS4 CST +7 biggrin.gif
09. Smigro - PS3/PS4 & X360/XB1 - EST
10. SPYDER-696969 - PS3/PS4 - MST (with DST)
11. Cravit8 - PS3/PS4 - EST
12. JeepR_kReapR - PS3/PS4 - EST
13. Hapi_Kilmore_v3 - PS4 - Weekends
14. Brown-Corolla - PS4 - SHT
15. Harpua77 - PS3/PS4 EST
16. Macello - PS4 - EST
17. JShmoopy - PS4 - CST
18. benjaminbenjami -ps4- CST
19. RollTide1017 - PS4 - CST
20. KrazeeKeith - PS4 - EST
21. Chairman7w - PS3/PS4 - PST
22. Hatcher14 - PS4 - MST
23. Boltsfan56 - PS3/PS4 - PST
24. avs_tumult - PS4 - MST
25. Pendragoongp - PS4 - CST
26. HDSapper - PS4 - EST
27. Col_Rutgers - PS4 - EST
28. Scrub175 - PS4 - EST y'all.
29. Gu1nnesS13 - PS4 - PST
30. ahartig - PS4 - PST after 8 / 9 pm
31. btinindy - PS4 - EST
32. Mudhawk - PS4
33. Badattitude0909 - PS4
34. taterj - PS4
35. Maximus_XXIV - PS3 & PS4 - PST
36. MandoJedi - PS4 - EST
37. BornSlippyZ010 - PS4-EST
38. Diceburna - PS4 - EST
39. mphfrom77 - anytime
40. PrankT - PS4
41. Brohdah - PS4 - EST

Is there a tutorial about how to provide squad orders? The other night I was playing 64-player Conquest in a squad of 5 and was made squad leader a few minutes into the game (guessing the squad leader left?), and I didn't know how to provide orders for my squad. Any tips? I pray DICE add a join-as-squad option once the game stabilizes; although from what I hear that is a pipe-dream. Too bad.

Also played as an Engineer for the first time on the Dawnbreaker map and had fun blowing up vehicles whenever possible and repairing my teams vehicles. It is a different play style from the Assault class that I had been playing but once I realized my strengths it was fun. I still have yet to try Support or Recon.

I think tonight I am going to try out some of the Helis / Jets on the Test Range to get the hang of flying. I don't know how many times I have spawned as a gunner in a Heli only to have the pilot not know what he was doing and crash us into the ground/building/other vehicles right after take off.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 09:04 AM 12-10-2013
Spot an objective with the same spot button as infantry, and you'll see the objective get selected. If your team controls the objective and hangs around the area you get squad defend points, if you don't control it you get squad attack points as you take it.

I believe commanders can put down squad order waypoints anywhere that the squad leader can then acknowledge by spotting it, and then going to it (haven't had a commander that has done this yet). They can also direct you to objectives, or mark VIP's on the other team that need exterminating (players with a 6+ killstreak). Following their orders nets them commander points, and you a lot of XP.
BornSlippyZ's Avatar BornSlippyZ 09:56 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by diy_canuck View Post

Somehow my name got missed on the last PSN list even though I added it in post 2920, so please add me. PSN name Brohdah
Is there a tutorial about how to provide squad orders? The other night I was playing 64-player Conquest in a squad of 5 and was made squad leader a few minutes into the game (guessing the squad leader left?), and I didn't know how to provide orders for my squad. Any tips? I pray DICE add a join-as-squad option once the game stabilizes; although from what I hear that is a pipe-dream. Too bad.

Also played as an Engineer for the first time on the Dawnbreaker map and had fun blowing up vehicles whenever possible and repairing my teams vehicles. It is a different play style from the Assault class that I had been playing but once I realized my strengths it was fun. I still have yet to try Support or Recon.

I think tonight I am going to try out some of the Helis / Jets on the Test Range to get the hang of flying. I don't know how many times I have spawned as a gunner in a Heli only to have the pilot not know what he was doing and crash us into the ground/building/other vehicles right after take off.

Yep that has happened to me quite often, I also (in a good game) figure out who the good pilots are because they are dropping soldiers off at flags. I am a noob at flying choppers (getting better) and I mainly support guys that need fire on defending enemies.
Nima's Avatar Nima 10:27 AM 12-10-2013
Anyone hopping on?

@Lazy did you get the FPS Freeks?
SmokenAshes's Avatar SmokenAshes 10:43 AM 12-10-2013
So I started playing the Campaign again after taking a break to play AC4 and waiting for the patches to come through. But did they downgrade the graphics on the campaign? Something just seems different.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 10:48 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

So I started playing the Campaign again after taking a break to play AC4 and waiting for the patches to come through. But did they downgrade the graphics on the campaign? Something just seems different.

I would check but my single player save was wiped even though it was "fixed" two patches ago.
emartins's Avatar emartins 10:49 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

I was going to post the vid I made here but decided not to because I might get banned from the thread police emartins. If you wish to see some killer ownage by yours truly, it's posted on the dark side.

You're an OG, you can post wherever you want. Its up to the people on the other side to determine your betrayal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Anyone hopping on?

@Lazy did you get the FPS Freeks?

I was planning on it but I dont think I can. The Freeks have yet to arrive, I usually get my packages later in the day.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 10:55 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:

Not sure if it is legit highlighted a persons quote but only using part of it...let me know...but...

Honestly, I do like stats. But there are moments like the one I point out in this video and in my post above about how Dice Burna went 0-14 yet managed to win the game, that just completely supersedes stats. Those moments can truly only be captured by each individual player or occasionally on video capture from the match. Those moments are the reasons I play Battlefield. Stats are one thing, but PTFO'ing at its best is another. Unfortunately there is just no stat for PTFO.

There are stats for playing the objective, just as there are stats for assists like spotting, repairs, revives, heals and so on. Using Diceburna as an example, he is on the bottom half of the list (in my sig) in Kills, but in the top half of the list in Flag captures/defends. So, he isn't yet proficient in eliminating enemies, but he very good at PTFO.

I love that this is a team game, but that one person can make a difference. I also like how even if you're not PTFO, you can still have a positive impact on a game by applying pressure to the other team and drawing their attentions away from your teammates.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 10:56 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I would check but my single player save was wiped even though it was "fixed" two patches ago.

Did you try downloading your cloud save to restore the corrupted one on the HDD?
jsacevedo's Avatar jsacevedo 11:05 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

so does anyone know the damage with the launchers, is the rpg just as strong as the msaw (or whatever the name of last one you unlock)

In order of damage (I believe): SRAW > RPG > SMAW > LAW

I'm not sure where the stinger, IGLA, and javelin fall. I haven't yet used a javelin, I'd imagine it's somewhere between the SMAW and the LAW.

Okay, disregard that, just watch the first 4 minutes of this video and it is all explained:

TL;DW: The easier to use a launcher, the less damage it does, so the progression should be: RPG > SMAW > SRAW > Javelin > LAW
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 11:24 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

In order of damage (I believe): SRAW > RPG > SMAW > LAW

I'm not sure where the stinger, IGLA, and javelin fall. I haven't yet used a javelin, I'd imagine it's somewhere between the SMAW and the LAW.

Okay, disregard that, just watch the first 4 minutes of this video and it is all explained:

TL;DW: The easier to use a launcher, the less damage it does, so the progression should be: RPG > SMAW > SRAW > Javelin > LAW

thanks, i guess i will just run RPG, i actually get killed less with that because i don't have to hold my lock..
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 11:36 AM 12-10-2013
RPG I'm my experience is very unreliable. Choppers are hard to hit and boats don't go down unless you have several engi's hitting it at once.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 11:44 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Did you try downloading your cloud save to restore the corrupted one on the HDD?

It has been over a week since I checked my single player file,it is long gone.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 11:49 AM 12-10-2013
Quote:

I made a leaderboard on bf4stats: http://bf4stats.com/lb/49W33wmSKF

Tried to put a few different categories that are not on the battlelog site. Let me know if you want specific categories, and I'll mix it up. You can pick any 7 of the stats listed on the bf4stats.com site, and there's a lot to choose from. It's all for fun, so if there's a particular weapon/vehicle you like to whore and want to see how you stack against the rest of the board then let me know or just change it yourself.

Really interesting to see how we compare by category to each other. I need to stop worrying so much about why I got killed so easily and stop complaining so much about not getting so many kills and do two things. Be more helpful (repair, heal, revive, etc.) and PTFO.

Gotta give kudos to Ben for PTFO. There's not one rush or obliteration match we play, that I don't hear him say several times, "Arming Alpha " or "Arming Bravo".
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 12:00 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Really interesting to see how we compare by category to each other. I need to stop worrying so much about why I got killed so easily and stop complaining so much about not getting so many kills and do two things. Be more helpful (repair, heal, revive, etc.) and PTFO.

Gotta give kudos to Ben for PTFO. There's not one rush or obliteration match we play, that I don't hear him say several times, "Arming Alpha " or "Arming Bravo".

Have you checked out the leaderboard on Battlelog? There's an option to see your friend's list only.
ballen420's Avatar ballen420 12:07 PM 12-10-2013
Regarding the launchers, aside from shooting at air vehicles, I can't find a reason to go with anything but the Law. It's only a few less damage points vs the RPG, but it reloads basically twice as fast. The Sraw sucks cause you need to guide it all the way in, then reload.

I can't see the video Shmoopy posted, but love to know what the exact damage amounts are along with reload speed. Guarantee the Law reload time gets nerfed next patch.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 12:07 PM 12-10-2013
I know I will never have a 12 k/d or be MVP every match. I have learned how to score though. Tossing ammo or health constantly gets points. To me its about balance and creating as much of a diversion as humanly possible. The best part of this game is the teamwork required, especially on larger player counts. I'm finding that the lonewolf days of last gen are gone and its really important to squad spawn.
ballen420's Avatar ballen420 12:09 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:

Have you checked out the leaderboard on Battlelog? There's an option to see your friend's list only.

Please disregard my stats until I'm done with these ****ing sniper rifles and LMGs. My SPM must be tanking hard, never mind my KDR.
jsacevedo's Avatar jsacevedo 12:18 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I'm finding that the lonewolf days of last gen are gone and its really important to squad spawn.

This. I have to stop trying to lone wolf so much. It's impossible now. It's almost impossible to cap a flag by yourself, and even more difficult to arm anything by yourself. You will get steamrolled by the 5 guys (at least) who are coming to kill you. I can manage to get 2 or even 3 guys sometimes, but that 4th and 5th guy make it way too difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

Please disregard my stats until I'm done with these ****ing sniper rifles and LMGs. My SPM must be tanking hard, never mind my KDR.

I've been running recon to unlock the entire sniper kit (including all rifles), but it's tough. My K/D is okay, but my SPM is probably in the dumps right now. I'm getting better at head-shots at medium range, and also I go for body shots now when shooting at long range, moving targets and just try to 2-shot guys. Sometimes I get lucky and a guy is already hurt and I can get a 1-shot kill. Going for the head causes me to miss way too much when guys are moving. Then they use their assault rifle to quickly destroy me.
slyderulz's Avatar slyderulz 12:19 PM 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Yeah, I knew I wouldn't rank in K/D or vehicles (don't think I've piloted a jet or chopper yet!). Rank pretty well on repairs, assault rifles, roadkills and 'Jack of all Trades', whatever that is...good to know team play pays off somewhere! cool.gif Best Squad Player was good too smile.gif

Those Dom matches last night with you and benj were fun. I think domination is a great gametype when you can only get 2-3 guys together on an squad. I still get lost at times on large conquest, especially with only one or two other AVSrs.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 01:02 PM 12-10-2013
Operation Locker: we should come up with a strategy to bust through the choke points. I think if we can get a squad to work together, we could punch through with relative ease.

Any ideas?

There are the inside choke points in the tunnels going into the dome section, and outside along the snow trail.

Outside in the snow: 5 man squad, with one recon, two support, two assault. Recon would light up the congested area with MAV, the 2 support could alternate mortar fire clearing out the area, while the two assault could push forward picking off the enemy as they scatter to avoid the mortar fire.

Inside: not sure what would work.
ballen420's Avatar ballen420 01:18 PM 12-10-2013
Flash bangs? Haven't used them yet, but would think they would be most effective for the people camping the left and right of the choke point. Key would be for a couple to get through and take a side to clear.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 01:29 PM 12-10-2013
Haven't tried the flash bangs either. Flash bangs, then just mob them? Could easily work with 2 squads working together.
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 104  105  106 107  108  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop