Battlefield 4 - Page 112 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 957Likes

post #3331 of 11317 Old 12-13-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Go Lions!!! Oh who am I kidding...with only 3 games left they'll find some way to lose all 3 and miss even a wildcard spot rolleyes.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 11317 Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Good, good games tonight. Really had no problems with my new favorite game mode, Obliteration. Got blue screen only once.

I seemed to be instant killed several times on Operation Locker, but I haven't played enough to know whether or not that is legit or not. Just know that for similar gun take downs on myself, in BF3 I seemed to have a larger heads up. Now it just seems like insta-death.

Guess I am going to stick with the default layout for vehicles. Just seems like the best of tough choices. I can get my fire, spot, counter measures and zoom/irnv all on the buttons I am probaly most comfortable with. Controls do get a little confusing at times still, though.

Nom, nom, nom...think cookie monster sound...that is the sound I make every time I get killed by a Nom guy (Tyrant and his friends or something)...which is often in BF4 apparently.

No rubber banding on Obliteration maps, which is always nice.

Had fun though tonight. That is what it is all about.

Thanks for dealing with IPA beer MPH and my complaining.

Will be on tomorrow in the afternoon probably.
post #3333 of 11317 Old 12-13-2013, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Rush is still my favorite game mode. I played some Conquest and I just can't enjoy it. Map size is great (why close off so much in Rush? Why not flip the maps for another set? Why not have multiple Domination variants per map?) But the frame rate is just terrible, the netcode is alright but could be far better.

I would love to see a bot mode where friends could play against bots for fun. (Lock out all points and unlocks to keep the core online clean)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3334 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
A question for all of the BF4 crew that made the switch from 360 to PS4. Now that you have had some time (and excluding the BF4 issues) are you satisfied with the switch to PS4? What do you like? Do you miss anything re: Xbox Live?

It seems that almost everyone that I played BF3 with has made the switch. The Xbox BF4 thread has slowed greatly.

PSN ID: Budracin8808
XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
post #3335 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post

A question for all of the BF4 crew that made the switch from 360 to PS4. Now that you have had some time (and excluding the BF4 issues) are you satisfied with the switch to PS4? What do you like? Do you miss anything re: Xbox Live?

It seems that almost everyone that I played BF3 with has made the switch. The Xbox BF4 thread has slowed greatly.

Do not miss anything myself. Chat is about equal to what the 360 was. A good chunk of friends moved over and new ones made so life is good to me. Could stand some Spyder and Zath appearances but that's about the only lacking item.
post #3336 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Had fun though tonight. That is what it is all about.

Thanks for dealing with IPA beer MPH and my complaining.

Will be on tomorrow in the afternoon probably.

I had a blast last night and IPA Beer MPH is the best. He should come around more often. Nexus was right, IPA Beer MPH is a mix of Shmoopy, Spyder and a sprinkle of "normal" MPH.

Going to get all my errands done now before the snow comes in, then after I should be on playing.

On another note, the SRAW was not acting like it did the other day. I couldnt always get it to hit with my 2-3 rockets or even with my shoot behind me then aim at the tank in front of me. Might have to test range it real quick.

Also have some videos that need to be uploaded. You non AVS facebook peeps need to get on.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #3337 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 747
Quote:

i made the switch almost unwillingly. I was very skeptical about the controller, etc.. but i felt like there were too many things wrong with the xb1.. i am very satisfied, right now the chat works better than it does on xb1, the crew here is great, the controller is great.. although there are some things that ps4 could do better (UI), i don't regret the switch at all...

also i was the guy that started the BF thread on the xbox side, because i was so sure that would be what i was going to buy next gen!!!
post #3338 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I saw you guys in Obliteration but I stuck with Rush and Conquest. I'll join you all next time. Also, I seem to be getting more blue screens than before.
post #3339 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Do not miss anything myself. Chat is about equal to what the 360 was. A good chunk of friends moved over and new ones made so life is good to me. Could stand some Spyder and Zath appearances but that's about the only lacking item.

I'll be there... eventually smile.gif

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
post #3340 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 833
Good games last night guys. Was a bit mute, but I was tired, running on fumes, and had no IPA's myself. Had some fun matches, and unexpectedly I only had one BS the entire night and it was at the end of a round. Maybe the 1/4 BSOD patch focused on Obliteration?

Gotta run some errands before the storm as well, but I'll be on later. If you're looking for some good IPA's Sam Adams Latitude 48' is nice and smooth, and Harpoon IPA is nice a bitter for winter nights.
post #3341 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Had a blast last night with a server nearly full of NOM and AVS guys.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #3342 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Nom, nom, nom....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Rush is still my favorite game mode. I played some Conquest and I just can't enjoy it. Map size is great (why close off so much in Rush? Why not flip the maps for another set? Why not have multiple Domination variants per map?) But the frame rate is just terrible, the netcode is alright but could be far better.

I would love to see a bot mode where friends could play against bots for fun. (Lock out all points and unlocks to keep the core online clean)

Yeah, BF3 had some excellent infantry based conquest maps. Some of them came with the game (vanilla maps) and others came later with dlc. The vanilla maps Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar were just two very good maps that only had one large vehicle per side (Tanks and LAVs). I never grew tired of playing those maps. Throw in some others and of course Metro and I would go days without playing Conquest maps that were vehicle based. I just felt the infantry battles on these maps were just epic. We definitely don't have maps like that for BF4, though Operation Locker replaced Metro. But just nothing close to Grand Bazaar or Seine Crossing. Seine Crossing very well could have been my favorite map for BF3...idk.

Hopefully they release some maps like Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar, and the dlc maps Epicenter and Talah Market.

Wife just left for a cookie party...getting on now. (pretty sure I could place a Nom joke here as far as the cookie party, but can't think of one)
post #3343 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Had a blast last night with a server nearly full of NOM and AVS guys.

didn't know you were avs... send me an invite.. benjaminbenjami
post #3344 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:

Do not miss anything myself. Chat is about equal to what the 360 was.

Chat on the 360 was always cutting out, choppy. It was tough having conversations with Neo especially, as I often could hear only every other word he was saying. But the PS4 chat is nice quality, and rarely breaks up.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #3345 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 109
A couple of random stats that I saw in battlelog while trying to figure out what is necessary to earn certain ribbons to complete assignments:
My most obtained ribbon is the Spotting Ribbon (perform 4 spot bonuses), the second highest is Headshot Ribbon (perform 3 headshots). I didn't realize I spotted that much.

Off to a work Christmas party...I would rather be playing BF4 smile.gif

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #3346 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Chat on the 360 was always cutting out, choppy. It was tough having conversations with Neo especially, as I often could hear only every other word he was saying. But the PS4 chat is nice quality, and rarely breaks up.

also on 360 i would often see the chat party completely get dropped, that hasn't happened once on PS4
post #3347 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Oh, and a +1 for IPA mph. Even though he was a bit unruly at times, like when he kept rear-ending my tank with a stupid jeep yelling "DO THEY HAVE A STAT FOR THAT", but for the most part he was pretty entertaining.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
My 6.4.4 Living Room HT
post #3348 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Oh, and a +1 for IPA mph. Even though he was a bit unruly at times, like when he kept rear-ending my tank with a stupid jeep yelling "DO THEY HAVE A STAT FOR THAT", but for the most part he was pretty entertaining.

I forgot about his wanted stat list.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #3349 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Been messing with emblems. Has there been any word when they'll be allowed in game again?

So far seems they only show in battlelog. Not even on kill cam / enemy stat readout.

Premium lets you use 40 layers, correct? Got a few I started and saved, but need more layers to complete. 20 isn't enough!

Anyways, ill be on in a few. Snows starting to come down, errands done, fridge stocked for later!

cool.gif
post #3350 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Quote:

I agree. We (small group of friends) had played on xbox live since Ghost Recon on the original xbox. We made the switch to PSN for the PS4 and couldn't be happier.

Headless Petie
post #3351 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been weighing the pro and con aspects of both systems for awhile now. I have friends that have both next gen and both like them. Neither friend owns both so they don't have any real world comparison to go on and it's common to support what you bought to validate the purchase. As I weigh my options there are a few things I keep considering. The XBONE is 500 + 25 for a plug and play charge kit while the PS4 is 400 and comes with a controller w/ rechargeable battery. Although it didn't end up meaning much last gen the PS4 has more horsepower out of the gate so theoretically should pull ahead down the stretch.

Finally (and this may seem like nothing) I can't play a demo unit of the XBONE anywhere near me but I can go to the local Best Buy and play the PS4. For some reason that irks me.

post #3352 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have been weighing the pro and con aspects of both systems for awhile now. I have friends that have both next gen and both like them. Neither friend owns both so they don't have any real world comparison to go on and it's common to support what you bought to validate the purchase. As I weigh my options there are a few things I keep considering. The XBONE is 500 + 25 for a plug and play charge kit while the PS4 is 400 and comes with a controller w/ rechargeable battery. Although it didn't end up meaning much last gen the PS4 has more horsepower out of the gate so theoretically should pull ahead down the stretch.

Finally (and this may seem like nothing) I can't play a demo unit of the XBONE anywhere near me but I can go to the local Best Buy and play the PS4. For some reason that irks me.

What games/genres do you mostly see yourself playing? It's a bit subjective, but I've always gravitated more towards what Sony first party studios tend to offer (more than just the normal 3rd person/first person shooters).

I still always say go where your friends are mostly, or at least those friends you know you'll have a better time with. PS4 is looking like it'll have the edge on mutliplatform games, be it a tiny edge later or a larger one such as the 720/1080 that most are now. Still, you won't notice that as much when ripping it up with friends in a good online session.
post #3353 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

What games/genres do you mostly see yourself playing? It's a bit subjective, but I've always gravitated more towards what Sony first party studios tend to offer (more than just the normal 3rd person/first person shooters).

I still always say go where your friends are mostly, or at least those friends you know you'll have a better time with. PS4 is looking like it'll have the edge on mutliplatform games, be it a tiny edge later or a larger one such as the 720/1080 that most are now. Still, you won't notice that as much when ripping it up with friends in a good online session.

As far as Microsoft exclusives I'm not married to any. I liked Forza but at the same time I prefer my racing PC Sim style with wheel and pedals so that's not a decision making point. I never really cared for Halo and at this point Destiny is multi-platform. I loved Dishonored and Far Cry 3 this past year as well as BF3 and others but all are/were multi-platform. So although Titanfall looks fun I would have to say that there are no exclusive titles on the horizon that push me either way. At this point I will probably wait till next fall and see what each system does after having some time to mature and settle in.

post #3354 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW, playing earlier today I said to the party, "it is taking me so long to kill an enemy with my infantry guns". This was after like 2 hours of playing. Then I said, "oh yeah I turned auto-aim off yesterday to see if I noticed a difference". So I then went and turned auto-aim back on and it was like a night and day difference. Auto-aim is exactly that...auto-aim. Kind of goofy honestly. I noticed it in every single encounter, close or far, but especially for anything medium to longer ranges with my red dot sight on my AK-5C. Like when I am burst firing to kill a guy, which is more often than not, it auto corrects after each burst.

Just a major difference. I just don't know if I can give up that big of an advantage, especially considering everyone is probably running around with it on. Wish there was no option honestly.

I could see how I could benefit from turning it off if I used a lot of high powered scopes, but who knows, maybe not. But with using the red dot sight like I normally use, I now know it is a negative that would be extremely hard to overcome the disadvantages of not using it. Kind of sucks how good auto-aim is honestly.

I now feel like a worse player for using it considering how big of a difference it makes. I mean it is just crazy how much better it makes me. I would never be able to out hit these snipers with my red dot sight on the extreme end of things, or get quick kills on medium ranges. But why should I lose gun battles against people that are using it if I don't?

I found the difference to be, in a word, enormous.
post #3355 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

You have to come to killzone for no auto aim. A real mans game!

I haven't had a good game yet today. Mostly lag and full blow glitches. My MP screen no longer shows when friends are in games as well for some reason.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=475374725904631&l=5151611328299240459
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=475356352573135&l=2132497308188984170
post #3356 of 11317 Old 12-14-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 566
All Auto Aim should do is lower your sensitivity near an enemy. Sadly most games don't do only that, many actually will follow enemies for you. (Battlefield does it, as does CoD)

I really want to give Killzone a shot...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3357 of 11317 Old 12-15-2013, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

All Auto Aim should do is lower your sensitivity near an enemy. Sadly most games don't do only that, many actually will follow enemies for you. (Battlefield does it, as does CoD)

I really want to give Killzone a shot...

KZ strikes me as a mix of Mass Effect and Halo. It's an interesting and fun game to play, although a little slow at cut scenes I'd like to be able to skip.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #3358 of 11317 Old 12-15-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

You can skip cutscenes. Don't remember the button but it does have to load the level first. I believe it shows a loading bar in the lower left but its been a while.
post #3359 of 11317 Old 12-15-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can skip cutscenes. Don't remember the button but it does have to load the level first. I believe it shows a loading bar in the lower left but its been a while.

Odd, this post should have landed in the KZ forum.
post #3360 of 11317 Old 12-15-2013, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Anyone hopping on?

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply PlayStation Area