Forum Jump: 
 447Likes

post #3421 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Well my point was that in the last two weeks I could maybe kill 2 guys and then I was dead, without knowing how or why. Somehow some guy always got the jump on me. I think it was hit detection and lag, netcode whatever.

This seems to have been better now after this patch. I went 27-12 on CQ Op LOCA without crashing and there were a lot of explosions.

@Lazy unfortunately they seem to have done something to our beloved SRAW. It is behaving differently frown.gif

Further testing is needed.

I also deactivated "vehicle aim relative control" under options which makes driving easier imho.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Wish I could be home playing....
Nima likes this.
post #3423 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Wish I could be home playing....

Remote play in.

About the SRAW, it worked like the video the first day I tried it. After Pen mentioned he was having issues I have tried it again and it no longer lets you hit a vehicle with multiple shots. Only the last shot will be guided. It will fire straight though if you fire and put the SRAW away, just dont let it reload or the rocket magically disappears when you fire the next shot.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3424 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 217
You're going to be especially bummed Lazy... they "fixed" the SUAV to explode when hitting soldiers.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #3425 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't mind that change to the SRAW at all. Kind of cheap to fire several off and annihilate a tank in "1" shot...do love the SRAW though. Its fun guiding shots into daywalkers from a tall building or into hovering choppers!
Smigro likes this.
post #3426 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

You're going to be especially bummed Lazy... they "fixed" the SUAV to explode when hitting soldiers.

Matter of time, its like the MAV of BF3. I'll just stand next to an ammo bag and throw those paper airplanes all day.

Quote:

Don't mind that change to the SRAW at all. Kind of cheap to fire several off and annihilate a tank in "1" shot...do love the SRAW though. Its fun guiding shots into daywalkers from a tall building or into hovering choppers!

Yes and no on the cheap factor. Dont forget you are standing still for awhile, easy for someone to rip your dogtags and slice your neck. It wasnt very easy to fire 3 shots and get the hit. I was able to do it once, the rest I was shot before I can get the 3rd off. 2 was the sweet spot.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3427 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Let me share how to unlock the Phantom Prospect DogTag since Trail and Harp seemed to be keeping to themselves.
Quote:
DICE has included an Easter Egg in their Battlefield 4: China Rising DLC which allows users to complete an assignment called “Phantom Prospect” and unlock a unique dog tag.

To unlock the assignment, you’ll need to do a few steps outside of the game itself. Here are the steps needed to unlock the assignment and the requirements needed to complete it.

First off, go to the Leaderboards on your Battlelog and note the tiny phantom icon near the bottom left of the page. Click it and wait for the “PHANTOM PROGRAM” to initialize. Once the “program” is up and running, it will prompt you for a passcode. Enter bumpinthenight and hit enter.

To complete Phantom Prospect, you’ll need to get 200 kills with an Assault Rifle, 200 kills with a Battle Tank, and a 300m headshot to unlock the dog tag.

post #3428 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:04 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I tried to get a quick game in at lunch and noticed they put queues when trying to join a full server so no more spamming join.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #3429 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:14 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Ha Lazy, I recalled hearing about it but didn't know the details on how to get it. You actually had it before me.

For those people hunting assignments, you have to charge the paddles to get a defib kill on a full health person. I hit a guy twice without charging and he turned around and killed me.

Normally I really hate doing some assignments because I feel like I'm wasting a space on our team by running around with paddles or trying to nail 250m headshots, but they turn out being fun when playing with a group and hearing "OK don't kill this guy, let me defib his azz". While neo is trying to protect me and harp running around Locker with paddles out.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #3430 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe it wasnt you Trail. I know Harp was one of them because he didnt want to share the password. He made me google it.

post #3431 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Heard they disabled physics in the game to make it stable. You guys notice the vegetation not moving and similar stuff?

Queues, right on.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #3432 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

Finally got me a 5 man multi the other night on Shanghai from SRAW'ing a transport chopper trying to ascend to the top of the sky scraper at C. I hit the share button but not sure if it saved. Then last night I proceeded to take out two little birds hipfiring the SRAW. lol
post #3433 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:

Heard they disabled physics in the game to make it stable. You guys notice the vegetation not moving and similar stuff?

Queues, right on.

About time Queues were added back in!

The death animations seem different, were they removed at some point and are now back? Hit detection was perfect in the match I just played, not one complaint all around.

Destruction seems turned up as well, seems easier to tear a level appart now.

Gamma seems to have been lowered, it was harder to see in some maps. Upped the brightness three notches to counter it.

Vegetation still moves, it is just very subtle, range at which it renders movement may havebeen changed, I'll do a few checks when playing.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3434 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Am I the only one that loved to slam the X button till I made it in? A little finger exercise before playing.

post #3435 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Am I the only one that loved to slam the X button till I made it in? A little finger exercise before playing.

yes..
post #3436 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Weirdo...
post #3437 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Ha Lazy, I recalled hearing about it but didn't know the details on how to get it. You actually had it before me.

For those people hunting assignments, you have to charge the paddles to get a defib kill on a full health person. I hit a guy twice without charging and he turned around and killed me.

Normally I really hate doing some assignments because I feel like I'm wasting a space on our team by running around with paddles or trying to nail 250m headshots, but they turn out being fun when playing with a group and hearing "OK don't kill this guy, let me defib his azz". While neo is trying to protect me and harp running around Locker with paddles out.

How do you charge the paddles? Do you just pull them out and let your guy do the circle thing with them?

Hopefully I can get on tonight, my kids have a Christmas program at their school tonight so it may be a no-go. It was fun playing yesterday during the day. I RARELY get to play during the day. I got to mess around with the jets yesterday and I still suck with them. I just can't seem to get a decent strafing run going. My eyes must be worse than I thought because I still can't spot air vehicles from far away. I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue on next-gen since I should have more draw distance. Maybe I need to visit the eye-doc. Or maybe, I just need to learn to shoot straight. It also probably doesn't help that I'm always laying on the right trigger to constantly speed up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #3438 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Framerate seemed lower than usual on Rush, makes me wonder if they added some graphical effects to the patch...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #3439 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Definitely not...I can't tell you how many times I people had to circle back to get me because I was spamming the X button to enter and I would enter and then exit immediately. lmao
beach scrub likes this.
post #3440 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Definitely not...I can't tell you how many times I people had to circle back to get me because I was spamming the X button to enter and I would enter and then exit immediately. lmao

I was talking about trying to join a friends server.

On the vehicles I never spammed the button, just held it down and when the vehicle came by me it would throw me in right away.

post #3441 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

Those kind of assignments are fun. I think I still have another good one left for performing multiple acts in a round.

I especially enjoyed going for that last sniper ribbon and running up to an unsuspecting enemy, scoping in on his head at point blank range, cause you know it's the only way to get a one shot kill with a sniper rifle, then your buddy sheds him to pieces with an SMG to pad his stats. Thanks Trail.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #3442 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Queues, right on.

That could be easily be turned on again by drinking a little bit more huh? tongue.gif

post #3443 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Well my point was that in the last two weeks I could maybe kill 2 guys and then I was dead, without knowing how or why. Somehow some guy always got the jump on me. I think it was hit detection and lag, netcode whatever.

This seems to have been better now after this patch. I went 27-12 on CQ Op LOCA without crashing and there were a lot of explosions.

@Lazy unfortunately they seem to have done something to our beloved SRAW. It is behaving differently frown.gif

Further testing is needed.

I also deactivated "vehicle aim relative control" under options which makes driving easier imho.
Is that Flat Eric in your avatar pic?

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #3444 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, got him sitting next to my turntable. biggrin.gif

post #3445 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was talking about trying to join a friends server.

On the vehicles I never spammed the button, just held it down and when the vehicle came by me it would throw me in right away.

Now that you mention that what you typed now makes sense to me...I was wondering where the pre-game finger exercise came in. lol

Long day at work for me.
post #3446 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

post #3447 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
For those not able to link to it:

We’ve rolled out a new PS4 game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced.

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
-Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
-Fixed a problem where the “end of round” screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV’s.
-Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
-Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
-Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the “Empty” option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
-Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all “Soldier” slots are occupied, unless the “Free Commander” slot is checked.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
-General stability improvements.

Kill trading issue
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.
post #3448 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

That explains most of my observations.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #3449 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
well hopefully it will help, because lately my games have been very subpar... i guess best way to describe it is i have been playing battlefield like the dolphins or patriots play football..
post #3450 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Kill trading had to be one of my biggest complaints - happened way too frequently. Hope that really is fixed.

I'm sure it was lazy coding by some genius on their network team.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page