Battlefield 4 - Page 121 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 119  120  121 122  123  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 03:14 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I like the larger maps too, but I'd just like more maps that cater to infantry without having to play Battlefield of Duty (domination/TDM).

I was hoping after BF3 my "getting to know you" period with BF4 would be shorter or non-existent. However, the game mechanics changed a lot and it is taking me a while to get used to them. It also doesn't help that I'm always playing with you guys. I'll be walking around playing my game and enjoying myself, then I'll look at Trail's score and see that he's 30-5 while I'm 10-10, ha (true story). It took me a long while to get proficient in BF3, I guess I have a while more to go.

Don't use Trail as a comparison unless you want to feel bad about yourself. He is a MVP machine. I think he's juicing.

lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 03:25 PM 12-20-2013
So, who's jumping on tonight?

Is it safe to expect 12 to 15 of us this evening since it seems every Friday night there's an unofficial AVS BF4 party going on?
jsacevedo's Avatar jsacevedo 03:38 PM 12-20-2013
I'll be on and hopefully I can keep the rage monster down. It's been a little ridiculous lately.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 03:45 PM 12-20-2013
Oh man, I have been following Mario Warfare (by the people who did CoD meets Metal Gear) and episode 6 made me lose it. It may as well be Smash Warfare now and it is a must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltx1u3aaWGE
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 03:51 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Well I've been playing on Xbox One (still plan to play it on there as well) but today I got a PS4 and am downloading Bf4.

Feel free to hit me up, I only have 3 people on my PSN friends list eek.gif

PSN: bucwylde23


1st i see you posting in the BF thread more than COD, now you say you have a PS4, i know you account has been hacked for sure now!!

good to have you over here, good group.... send me FR at benjaminbenjami
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 03:55 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Well I've been playing on Xbox One (still plan to play it on there as well) but today I got a PS4 and am downloading Bf4.

Feel free to hit me up, I only have 3 people on my PSN friends list eek.gif

PSN: bucwylde23

FR sent...
bucwylde23's Avatar bucwylde23 04:08 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

1st i see you posting in the BF thread more than COD, now you say you have a PS4, i know you account has been hacked for sure now!!

good to have you over here, good group.... send me FR at benjaminbenjami

biggrin.gif I've got about 100 hours on BF4 on Xbone so far. I wasn't a fan of BF3 but 60 FPS and 32/64 man games has made it great for me.

I've got premium on Xbone, I'm gonna make sure it's a good idea before I buy it on PS4 as well. I love the new china rising maps.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 04:23 PM 12-20-2013
If I'm on it willbe late, out of town for work and things are moving like a fiber free 80 year old...was hoping to be home a little early....hopes are now dashed.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 04:25 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

If I'm on it willbe late, out of town for work and things are moving like a fiber free 80 year old...was hoping to be home a little early....hopes are now dashed.

Didn't bring the Vita with you?
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 05:04 PM 12-20-2013
I'll be on after happy hour.
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 05:14 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

One last cake joke... I blame Lazy for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD71JeX4Vk0


And don't make me start posting recepies, that won't end well. biggrin.gif

Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 05:29 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Download it, and return the disc.

I basically got the game for free by opening an Amazon credit card account. Now, if I could buy the game at a local shop, open it and start playing, and then seek a refund from the local shop when the disc arrives... however, i'd rather not be that dishonest as it kinda invite bad karma. smile.gif Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

Honestly, as long as I'm kinda up and running for the 2x XP period 12/27 -> 12/30, I'll grind up pretty quickly, at least all of the kits I think. Already knowing the maps should help carry some water for the team, even though I'm grinding up from the bottom.
hsv's Avatar hsv 05:58 PM 12-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Don't use Trail as a comparison unless you want to feel bad about yourself. He is a MVP machine. I think he's juicing.

Every once in a while I'll have the perfect storm of having awesome teammates and easy kill enemies. You guys get MVP just as much as me. Shmoop, you'll get the hang of it soon. You already have your son doing SMP.
Bf4 does take a good bit of getting used to, I haven't been on any rampages in vehicles yet.
I find the zavod 311 map as a good mix of infantry and vehicles. If you stay in the two central flags you can rack up some infantry kills.
btinindy's Avatar btinindy 07:22 AM 12-21-2013
http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/18/battlefield-4-second-class-action-law-suit-filed-against-ea-over-quality-concerns/

Wow, all from releasing a game before it was really ready. This mistake already cost them a lot of money from the stock price decline, and looks like the bleeding will continue. It's a shame that such an awesome game concept causes so many of the players pain and the company itself. I would have rather waited another few months if that would have avoided a lot of the problem. Or, release the game and hold off on the multiplayer for a while until a lot of the bugs were worked out. What did the beta even accomplish?

Sorry for the rant, it just blows me away. I would expect some heads will role at EA.
Couchy's Avatar Couchy 07:26 AM 12-21-2013
How many times does the Tashgar campaign glitch happen until you finally are able to get past it?

Last night was the first time it actually gave me an error and kicked me to the Playstation home screen. I haven't had a ton of time to advance that far in Tashgar, but up until Thursday night it was starting my game with me exiting through the door at the start of the first battle. However, when I turned it on Thursday night and Friday night I had to sit through the damn driving/dialogue scene both nights. I really wish they would give the option to bypass those scenes like they do with the cut scenes. I don't care much about the story as I do about blowing **** up to relieve some stress from another crappy work day.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 10:33 AM 12-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

How many times does the Tashgar campaign glitch happen until you finally are able to get past it?

Last night was the first time it actually gave me an error and kicked me to the Playstation home screen. I haven't had a ton of time to advance that far in Tashgar, but up until Thursday night it was starting my game with me exiting through the door at the start of the first battle. However, when I turned it on Thursday night and Friday night I had to sit through the damn driving/dialogue scene both nights. I really wish they would give the option to bypass those scenes like they do with the cut scenes. I don't care much about the story as I do about blowing **** up to relieve some stress from another crappy work day.

I had the same thing happen, right before I got to the dam. I only was at the beginning of level 4 on my uploaded save, so **** the campaign. And I really, REALLY hope they lose that lawsuit because they completely ****ing deserve it.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 01:10 PM 12-21-2013
Wha-Hoo...

My BF4/PS4 disc arrived today (instead of monday) so I am downloading as I type. I also sent out sent out friend requests to everyone posting in this thread for the last few pages. I'll catch up on more invites later. If you want to sent me invite, please feel free.

I'll spend the next hour or so running through the campaign to get mt M249, shank and other goodies. Then later tonight I'll test drive the test range just to see if the vehicles & weapons handle differently than on XB1.

Then, I'll try jumping into some games with anyone who online... probably tomorrow.

Happy Happy - Joy Joy !!!
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 01:19 PM 12-21-2013
Hmmm... if I bought the premium upgrade, do I still have to buy china rising? I don't have that code.

EDIT: Never mind... I restarted the game and the download became free.
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII 02:01 PM 12-21-2013
Campaign saves are still being corrupted. Happened to me today.
jbn008's Avatar jbn008 02:12 PM 12-21-2013
Just another example of how crazy and unpredictable this game is. Nothing special, but just thought I'd share a moment from last night:






in case the embedded code doesn't work: http://youtu.be/wrM_fgjIc-0
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 03:41 PM 12-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

Campaign saves are still being corrupted. Happened to me today.

Yep... I had made all the way to where you board the damaged carrier. I crashed during the 1st fight scene. When I restarted, "resume" was no longer available. I could only start a new game. frown.gif I think I'm done playing campaign for now. I'm not doing that again. Funny thing, battlelog shows me 2/7 on the campaign. So there should be some way to re-sync the campaign progression from battlelog. frown.gif I had 3 crashes to blue and the last one was fatal.

One other thing, on the part right after you blow up the 2 tanks, on that boat ride, I was having some parts of the image showing up as a black block. If I changed my view and panned back it was gone and then the block popped up somewhere else.
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII 04:14 PM 12-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

Yep... I had made all the way to where you board the damaged carrier. I crashed during the 1st fight scene. When I restarted, "resume" was no longer available. I could only start a new game. frown.gif I think I'm done playing campaign for now. I'm not doing that again. Funny thing, battlelog shows me 2/7 on the campaign. So there should be some way to re-sync the campaign progression from battlelog. frown.gif I had 3 crashes to blue and the last one was fatal.

One other thing, on the part right after you blow up the 2 tanks, on that boat ride, I was having some parts of the image showing up as a black block. If I changed my view and panned back it was gone and then the block popped up somewhere else.

I crashed after getting back on the Valkyrie from the carrier. It actually told me the file was corrupted when I rebooted the game. This is the 3rd time for me. Dice should just give us the campaign weapons given that they released a broken game that they cannot fix. I am tired of replaying the first part of the game.
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII 04:15 PM 12-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

I crashed after getting back on the Valkyrie from the carrier. It actually told me the file was corrupted when I rebooted the game. This is the 3rd time for me. Dice should just give us the campaign weapons given that they released a broken game that they cannot fix. I am tired of replaying the first part of the game.

I may start asking this in my crash messages...
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 11:07 PM 12-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

Dice should just give us the campaign weapons given that they released a broken game that they cannot fix.

+1 Given folks have been dealing with this since the beginning AND I made it thru the campaign on the 360 and XB1 without a hitch... a little holiday weapon gift for PS4 players would be nice.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 11:43 PM 12-21-2013
I saw so many random glitches tonight... lots of environment clipping issues (especially on the Dam in Dom, the C flag has serious issues)

Once I pressed reload after shooting a guy and I pulled out a charged defib that locked me into an animation long enough for a guy to one shot me with an LMG. In that same match I watched a guy survive a full squad gunning him down and drop all of them, I caught him in a reload and still couldn't take him down (no hitmarkers, I died to one bullet) That entire match had me calling BS at every turn.

My cross hairs vanished often on Storm during Rush matches.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 12:25 AM 12-22-2013
The game ran horribly for me tonight.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 01:27 AM 12-22-2013
I have gotten started and I'm up to lvl 3. Man, i forgot how naked it feels grinding up kits. smile.gif. 1st thing I'm working on is to unlock carbine on the engineer. I miss the week of 100% XP which made the grind a little easier.
SeanEboy's Avatar SeanEboy 01:41 AM 12-22-2013
As promised... Craziest bf4 stunt ever...
http://giant.gfycat.com/NextTepidDungenesscrab.gif
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 08:58 AM 12-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

I have gotten started and I'm up to lvl 3. Man, i forgot how naked it feels grinding up kits. smile.gif. 1st thing I'm working on is to unlock carbine on the engineer. I miss the week of 100% XP which made the grind a little easier.

They need to bring that back this week, I could use the boost for grinding out a few guns. I just got everything I want on the 5c and it just replaced the AUG as my go to gun.
Couchy's Avatar Couchy 09:17 AM 12-22-2013
DICE needs to allow us to save games wherever we are within a campaign. How many time do we start something and have to stop suddenly? Why should. we have to start from the beginning again?
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 119  120  121 122  123  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop