Battlefield 4 - Page 142 - AVS Forum
First ... 140  141  142 143  144  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
Radio81's Avatar Radio81 12:04 PM 01-10-2014
Anyone play on PS3? If so, I have some issues that I'm not sure are common, or just my ps3 itself.

1. BF4 freezes at least once every few matches of rush
2. When this happens, I have to cycle power on the PS3 with the power on/off button. Upon restart, I get a screen saying it was not shut down properly, and needs to check the file system for corrupt data. About 5 minutes later once the check is done, it reboots and all is normal again.
3. #2 would be fine, except that once I'm back in BF4, and I go to "Quit Game" by holding down the home button...it doesn't exit the game. Instead, it freezes my PS3, and forces a reboot/file system data check....AGAIN. This happens every single time since the last BF4 update. Basically, I can't turn off the PS3 or exit BF4 without the PS3 resetting.

4. A lot of times when I play team deathmatch on official servers, my loadouts and current soldier progress does not show up...it's like I'm starting at level 0. Joining a new server usually works.

Otherwise, the game is pretty playable minus a few graphics glitches here and there.

I know this is mainly a PS4 thread, but I'm trying to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 12:22 PM 01-10-2014
PS4 freezing isn't an issue, but it does randomly kick you out of the game. Loadouts are occasionally changed, but mainly with the MTAR for me. It's clear they didn't complete the game before releasing it. I think the intent of every developer/publisher is to release the game no matter how horribly it works and just patch it later. And if they make enough sales then not even bother with meaningful patches and just start working on the next game.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 12:30 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post

Anyone play on PS3? If so, I have some issues that I'm not sure are common, or just my ps3 itself.

2. When this happens, I have to cycle power on the PS3 with the power on/off button. Upon restart, I get a screen saying it was not shut down properly, and needs to check the file system for corrupt data. About 5 minutes later once the check is done, it reboots and all is normal again.
3. #2 would be fine, except that once I'm back in BF4, and I go to "Quit Game" by holding down the home button...it doesn't exit the game. Instead, it freezes my PS3, and forces a reboot/file system data check....AGAIN. This happens every single time since the last BF4 update. Basically, I can't turn off the PS3 or exit BF4 without the PS3 resetting.

4. A lot of times when I play team deathmatch on official servers, my loadouts and current soldier progress does not show up...it's like I'm starting at level 0. Joining a new server usually works.

Otherwise, the game is pretty playable minus a few graphics glitches here and there.

I know this is mainly a PS4 thread, but I'm trying to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

the game is having issues on all platforms even PC, the game is broke..
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 12:48 PM 01-10-2014
Couple of us did the PS3 to PS4 digital upgrade and the two weeks I spent on PS3 at launch saw a lot of console freezes. Nice to know some things never change. At least the PS4 gracefully closes the game out rather than freezing the whole box up.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 01:08 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post

Are you getting lag in the 14 player warzone, because I am not? 24 player is hit and miss though.

You know it depends. Like I said, I float around a bit until I find a lobby I can tolerate. I bounce between all four official warzones. Ive noticed that if you don't like a lobby simply backing out and selecting that mode again tosses you right back in the one you just left. So I end up cycling through the different warzones. Depends on what ability I feel like grinding on too.
GatorRican's Avatar GatorRican 02:10 PM 01-10-2014
As a newcomer please enlighten me. I always pick "quick match" and go to whatever lobby the system sends me. Do most of you guys filter the servers for a specific one? How do you tell which one is working properly? Is the only way to tell to play in that server for a bit and see if it lags, etc?

The only times I don't use quick match is when I try to join a friend who is already playing. This didn't always work out so good on PS3. It would either say server full or no commander slots open.

The filters always confuse me. Especially the empty; 1-5; 5-10; etc Why would I want to join a game with 10 open slots? And the difference between ranked/unraked, official/unofficial........
rs600cubed's Avatar rs600cubed 02:10 PM 01-10-2014
I should be on this for a good portion of the evening tonight (EST) and on and off throughout the weekend between NFL playoffs, anyone feel free to send me an invite!

PSN: xx_shiv_xx
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 03:15 PM 01-10-2014
Speaking of invites, has anyone determined how to send a friend a game invite in BF4? A few of us were discussing it the other evening and we all agreed we didn't know how and there probably wasn't a way to do it. Another broken or omitted feature in BF4 I assume?
jsacevedo's Avatar jsacevedo 04:10 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

As a newcomer please enlighten me. I always pick "quick match" and go to whatever lobby the system sends me. Do most of you guys filter the servers for a specific one? How do you tell which one is working properly? Is the only way to tell to play in that server for a bit and see if it lags, etc?

I always use the browser and search for servers in the US, I'd hope that the system would be smart enough to keep me in the US, but this game is so broken I wouldn't be shocked if I got sent to a Chinese server.
diceburna's Avatar diceburna 04:38 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Speaking of invites, has anyone determined how to send a friend a game invite in BF4? A few of us were discussing it the other evening and we all agreed we didn't know how and there probably wasn't a way to do it. Another broken or omitted feature in BF4 I assume?

The feature is too buggy right now...while playing you have to bring up the battlelog screen by pressing the touchpad. Then you go to to your friend list, select the friend you want to invite and then you will a button that says "Invite friend to game" Now in my experience the game always freezes after this step.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 04:46 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceburna View Post

The feature is too buggy right now...while playing you have to bring up the battlelog screen by pressing the touchpad. Then you go to to your friend list, select the friend you want to invite and then you will a button that says "Invite friend to game" Now in my experience the game always freezes after this step.

I've tried on multiple occasions going through the in game Battlelog feature (touchpad) and then selecting the friends tab. I've highlighted the friend and I've yet to see a button prompt indicating to invite a friend. Maybe I'm just blind.
diceburna's Avatar diceburna 05:11 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I've tried on multiple occasions going through the in game Battlelog feature (touchpad) and then selecting the friends tab. I've highlighted the friend and I've yet to see a button prompt indicating to invite a friend. Maybe I'm just blind.

Hmm...I'll check when I get home tomorrow.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 05:24 PM 01-10-2014
As far as I know there isn't one.

BF3 was the first game to allow you to invite and party up, and they went and got rid of it "because it hampers team play".

You know what hampers teamplay? 2/3s a team of snipers. A-holes.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:49 PM 01-10-2014
Join friend through your PS4 list, much easier and works each time. Battlelog site, ingame, and app doesn't always work or show the right data.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 05:53 PM 01-10-2014
Now that the queue is back up, joining though battlelog app seems to put you on the same team/squad.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 06:16 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Now that the queue is back up, joining though battlelog app seems to put you on the same team/squad.

It does but...a lot of the time it doesn't accurately show who is playing.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 06:52 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

So, joining thru the battlelog website [>] the queue you get will have you eventually end up on the friendly team... you may just have to wait longer.

Joining thru the Party Chat "join session", or the in game "join friends game" option, will put you on the enemy team if there is no room on the friendly team.

I need to get more of you all set up as friends on battlelog. smile.gif http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Bytehoven/stats/949415624/ps4/
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 07:27 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Join friend through your PS4 list, much easier and works each time. Battlelog site, ingame, and app doesn't always work or show the right data.

I get what your saying but its unfathomable and unacceptable this day in age for a MP game, especially a BF game, to not have a "Friend Invite" AND a pregame "Squad-up" feature included in the game.

I shouldn't have to start.a party, send a friend a party chat invite and then have to verbally tell him to join my game. Then have to collaborate with your friend to see how we're going to end up on the same team and squad while the game refuses to pair us up.

It truly is unbelievable how FUBAR BF4 really is.
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 07:54 PM 01-10-2014
Oh, no. I didn't start all this did I?
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 07:58 PM 01-10-2014
Oh, and Hapi, guess what movie I'm about to watch.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:00 PM 01-10-2014
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:01 PM 01-10-2014
Just going to put this here

Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 08:37 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post

I played one game on ps3 fine tonight, but after ps4 it just feels hilarious and I can't even take the draw distance and player count seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

The only times I don't use quick match is when I try to join a friend who is already playing. This didn't always work out so good on PS3. It would either say server full or no commander slots open.

The filters always confuse me. Especially the empty; 1-5; 5-10; etc Why would I want to join a game with 10 open slots? And the difference between ranked/unraked, official/unofficial........
Holey Moley another Gator fan, my eyes are bugging out !!
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 09:02 PM 01-10-2014
Cool find Lazy, reminds me of Halo days.
This one by the same is even more hilarious, way better than the MAV elevator.
http://youtu.be/nyjxCP_eOko
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 09:58 PM 01-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Just going to put this here

wow that is the best kill i have seen thus far..
Hksvr4's Avatar Hksvr4 10:33 PM 01-10-2014
^^ that was insane. its pretty bad on xb1 tonight. lag and more lag. no rubberbanding though. I had to stop.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 10:36 PM 01-10-2014
If your in a group, the more open slots the better Gator.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 05:32 AM 01-11-2014
Well besides the extreme, extreme rubberbanding, constant lag, servers that had all players at level 0 with only default loadouts on all classes, and repeating black loading and spawn screens, I'd say BF4 ran flawlessly last night. Don't you guys think?
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 09:14 AM 01-11-2014
I think Shiles (I mean MandoJedi) is on now. If so, I'm jumping on now to join him and try to get some games in. Wish me luck!
Nima's Avatar Nima 09:23 AM 01-11-2014
Yup saw him and Mudhawk playing but the games where full. Had some good CQL games. Levelled up the Ace21CQB that thing is very sweet. I had read on Symthic that some favoured it over the Ak5.
Going out for diner now and will be on in about 3-4 hours.
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 140  141  142 143  144  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop