Battlefield 4 - Page 145 - AVS Forum
First ... 143  144  145 146  147  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
Nima's Avatar Nima 10:45 AM 01-13-2014
I know. I actually hope they will even enxtend that in the future.

properbostonian's Avatar properbostonian 10:49 AM 01-13-2014
Finally picked up BF4. It's my first BF game. I typically play the Call of Duty games.

I think the campaign is really cool. The story is, well, what it is, but I really like how the game feels, sounds, and it looks spectacular.

MP is tough. The maps are huge and there is a lot going on. Needless to say, I am having a difficult time. I'm not a stats whore but I am competitive and my KDR is horrible, it's just under .50. Historically, for the Call of Duty games, I am above 1.0.

What is the secret? I am not a run and gun type of player so I know that isn't my problem. I assume I need to master the vehicles?
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 10:55 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

Finally picked up BF4. It's my first BF game. I typically play the Call of Duty games.

I think the campaign is really cool. The story is, well, what it is, but I really like how the game feels, sounds, and it looks spectacular.

MP is tough. The maps are huge and there is a lot going on. Needless to say, I am having a difficult time. I'm not a stats whore but I am competitive and my KDR is horrible, it's just under .50. Historically, for the Call of Duty games, I am above 1.0.

What is the secret? I am not a run and gun type of player so I know that isn't my problem. I assume I need to master the vehicles?

A lot of people love vehicles, but I hardly touch them unless it's for transportation. The secret is playing more!
Nima's Avatar Nima 11:00 AM 01-13-2014
New patcg coming out tomorrow.

@Lazy when will you be playing?
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 11:02 AM 01-13-2014
BF patch may be coming tomorrow. MP1st mentioned a PC patch today that had notes about a PS3/PS4 patch tomorrow.
Nima's Avatar Nima 11:07 AM 01-13-2014
Battlelog is saying it is coming out tomorrow.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 11:08 AM 01-13-2014
PSN Player List. I will keep adding names as folks see this thread and request their inclusion.

Lazy_GenLus - PS3/PS4 - EST
LordXarsNexus - PS3/PS4 - CST
Lodolfan16 - PS3/PS4 - EST
mphfrom77 - anytime
PrankT - PS4
Trail-Mix-A-Lot, PS3/PS4, CST
NeoNima PS4 CST +7 biggrin.gif
Smigro - PS3/PS4 & X360/XB1 - EST
Cravit8 - PS3/PS4 - EST
JeepR_kReapR - PS3/PS4 - EST
Hapi_Kilmore_v3 - PS4 - Weekends
JShmoopy - PS4 - CST
benjaminbenjami -ps4- CST
MandoJedi - PS4 - EST
Pendragoongp - PS4 - CST
KrazeeKeith - PS4 - EST
Troy_Digital -PS4 -PST/MT
Bytehoven - PS4 EST
Diceburna - PS4 - EST
Scrub175 - PS4 - EST y'all.
HDSapper - PS4 - EST
btinindy - PS4 - EST
Badattitude0909 - PS4
Harpua77 - PS3/PS4 EST
Gu1nnesS13 - PS4 - PST
Chairman7w - PS3/PS4 - PST
Col_Rutgers - PS4 - EST
ahartig - PS4 - PST after 8 / 9 pm
RollTide1017 - PS4 - CST
Mudhawk - PS4
Hatcher14 - PS4 - MST
Boltsfan56 - PS3/PS4 - PST
avs_tumult - PS4 - MST
taterj - PS4
Maximus_XXIV - PS3 & PS4 - PST
BornSlippyZ010 - PS4-EST
Brohdah - PS4 - EST
Guttahhh - PS3/PS4 - CST
ChitownJackalope - PS4 - CST
SPYDER-696969 - PS3/PS4 - MST (with DST)
Brown-Corolla - PS4 - SHT
Macello - PS4 - EST
xx_shiv_xx - PS4 - EST
bucwylde23 - PS4 - all the time

new names added:

CSOBG1 - PS4 PST
jibbyjeep
Rican21 - PS4 EST
Campy04
SG_danny
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 11:11 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Battlelog is saying it is coming out tomorrow.

Cool. Does it say what if anything is fixed? MP1st mentioned some balancing.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 11:13 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

Finally picked up BF4. It's my first BF game. I typically play the Call of Duty games.

I think the campaign is really cool. The story is, well, what it is, but I really like how the game feels, sounds, and it looks spectacular.

MP is tough. The maps are huge and there is a lot going on. Needless to say, I am having a difficult time. I'm not a stats whore but I am competitive and my KDR is horrible, it's just under .50. Historically, for the Call of Duty games, I am above 1.0.

What is the secret? I am not a run and gun type of player so I know that isn't my problem. I assume I need to master the vehicles?

You were a camper in CoD, weren't you? Take up Sniping if that was your play style.

I was a rusher in CoD, always running into the action. Domination is the mode I do best in kill wise, but I have the most fun with Rush.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 11:15 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

A lot of people love vehicles, but I hardly touch them unless it's for transportation. The secret is playing more!

You seem to love to destroy vehicles.

+1 on playing more. Steep learning curve for most.
bucwylde23's Avatar bucwylde23 11:15 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

PSN Player List. I will keep adding names as folks see this thread and request their inclusion.

Hey can you add me to that list? biggrin.gif

Played a decent amount of Rush yesterday and didn't really have any lag. It seems like the last week or so Large Conquest has gotten way worse for me but used to be pretty good.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 11:18 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

You seem to love to destroy vehicles.

+1 on playing more. Steep learning curve for most.

Yeah, that is very fun. Placing mines in heavy traffic areas, easy kills there. RPGing a Heli out of the sky is an amazing feeling.
properbostonian's Avatar properbostonian 11:20 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

A lot of people love vehicles, but I hardly touch them unless it's for transportation. The secret is playing more!

Yes, that is the plan. smile.gif
properbostonian's Avatar properbostonian 11:28 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

You were a camper in CoD, weren't you? Take up Sniping if that was your play style. I was a rusher in CoD, always running into the action. Domination is the mode I do best in kill wise, but I have the most fun with Rush.

I don't know what label applies to my style. I don't like staying in one place but I don't run and gun. I move from place to place but do so methodically and with stealth. I like using dead silence and suppressors.

I need to try the different modes. I still play Call of Duty and I'm a big fan of domination. I'll give that a try as well as Rush.

I will figure it out. The games are so different.
dbailey75's Avatar dbailey75 11:28 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

Finally picked up BF4. It's my first BF game. I typically play the Call of Duty games.

I think the campaign is really cool. The story is, well, what it is, but I really like how the game feels, sounds, and it looks spectacular.

MP is tough. The maps are huge and there is a lot going on. Needless to say, I am having a difficult time. I'm not a stats whore but I am competitive and my KDR is horrible, it's just under .50. Historically, for the Call of Duty games, I am above 1.0.

What is the secret? I am not a run and gun type of player so I know that isn't my problem. I assume I need to master the vehicles?

If you want to have fun, score some decent points, you need to stay in a squad, and if you first spawn in a game and there's like two of you in a squad, find another squad. And use a mic, if your joing randam games even if you don't hear any chatter, say hello, often have my mic handy, but if no is talking, i'll unplug it because its a pain in the butt., but I'm happy to plug it back in, other players will do the same, its hard to fun and gun in BF especially in this one, even if your not chatting, stay with in your squad. Nothiing I hate worse than trying to take an objective, and you kill one or two guys, and then 2 more guys just spawned in while you're reloading.

Pay attention to the different classes, if your entire squad is support, come back as a medic or engineer, or what ever. Even if your just hanging back, revive your team mates, your getting points for your class. repair tanks, and choppers, doing things in your squad provides more XP points, then doing it for other squads, or blueberrys, so it pays to stay with in your squad.

I'm still a fun a gun player, I hate sitting still, but I'm having to slow down, and stay with in the squad, you could get away with COD style play in in BF3, but BF4 has changed the game a bit, just my 2 cents.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 11:29 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

Hey can you add me to that list? biggrin.gif

Played a decent amount of Rush yesterday and didn't really have any lag. It seems like the last week or so Large Conquest has gotten way worse for me but used to be pretty good.

Had a lot of fun playing Rush this weekend too. Defending with a LMG + bipod was crazy effective.
Nima's Avatar Nima 11:36 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Battlelog is saying it is coming out tomorrow.

Cool. Does it say what if anything is fixed? MP1st mentioned some balancing.

No release notes yet: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493792859737/
Nima's Avatar Nima 11:38 AM 01-13-2014
Saw this video on strategic tank techniques today and found it very usefull:

Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 11:42 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

Finally picked up BF4. ...

Welcome. post your game tag and I will add it to the list.

Suggestions for leveling ...

- use the server option and join all of the maps empty. You can set it so only 0/64, 0/32 or 0/20 maps show up. Visit each one and have a good look around. In addition to the test range, it's a good way to test drive all of the vehicles if they load for you. Sometimes the vehicles will not load though and I'm not sure why.

- start with Engineer and unlock Carbines. Then roll with the AK-5C and get it up to atleast the suppressor. That will allow you to have a strong weapon while grinding out the kits for each soldier class. That said... all of the starting weapons are very good. Some say too good, so you can also just start grinding the starter weapon in each class. But don't under estimate the benefits of an AK-5C with lots of weapon attachments until you fully unlock all of your soldier kits.

- On maps with lots of close quarter fighting and even consistent log jams of fighting players... do not under estimate the rewards from ribbons for dropping ammo & medic packs as well as recon sensor. You can get a 2x the points if you you drop a recon T-UGS sensor at the back side of a jam up and then when you respawn start dropping in med pacs or ammo packs. The T-UGS will survive your death and keep earning points for you until destroyed. Of the two, ammo and medic packs, you earn the Ammo BOX faster/sooner so it may be worth scoring 1st.

- when you 1st join a squad, if you're not already with some AVS players, look thru the squads and look for those with higher K/D numbers. Then look at what their yellow icons are doing on the maps. If you can, joining squads with players moving as a team is your best bet. AND being the gunner for a good vehicle driver will help you score many kills and score some easier points.

- COVER BF4 has it's share of campers and run & gun berserkers, so cover is really your best friend. And try to engage enemy closer up, until you have added attachments for range, hip fire or stability, as this will help you lose fewer gun battles.

- Unless you end up with a team of friends, when playing with randoms I would also suggest quitting games if you find yourself on the losing end of a SUPER team. In fact, when joining a random team, if you're on the losing side, try switching teams right away. There is simply no reason to grind against a super team who may even be camping your spawn for easy kills.

- Lastly, have fun. You will get better as you unlock kits and become more familiar with each kit and vehicle. On both the XB1 and now the PS4, I started out and my K/D floated around .5. But after awhile I started having better games and now I'm very close to turning the K/D back to >1. Also, keep in mind the extra benefit of the various kits for the map at hand. Unless you're trying to spawn into a game fast to snag a vehicle, take your time and think thru which kits might work best.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 11:42 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

You seem to love to destroy vehicles.

+1 on playing more. Steep learning curve for most.

You've almost blown up 1000 vehicles! The addition of M2 Slams has made blowing things up a lot of fun for me. I wish the tracer dart was still around so I could get more helicopters.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 11:44 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by properbostonian View Post

I don't know what label applies to my style. I don't like staying in one place but I don't run and gun. I move from place to place but do so methodically and with stealth. I like using dead silence and suppressors.

I need to try the different modes. I still play Call of Duty and I'm a big fan of domination. I'll give that a try as well as Rush.

I will figure it out. The games are so different.

You camped, but also trolled those seeking revenge by moving around just enough to catch them off guard. That playstyle was annoying as crap.

I also used suppressors, I didn't want to tip off the whole team that I was right next to them just tearing through them. Thanks to spotting and the dorito effect, suppressors lose their edge, but they still have their uses.

Try sniping and work on Engineer to get Carbines and anti vehicle unlocks. Being a medic is also useful, get that med kit and defib and use them often, be useful to the team.
emartins's Avatar emartins 11:56 AM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

No can do man. tongue.gif

Will be reaching Lvl 100 today. Can only play till Wednesday and then it's vacation time with beach, sun and no BF.

I have nothing to worry about then. Level 110 is the max. Just got home, need to feed all the animals and I'll be on. Only for an hour or so befor I start dinner
properbostonian's Avatar properbostonian 12:09 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

Welcome. post your game tag and I will add it to the list.

Suggestions for leveling ...

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

PSN: SG_danny
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 12:18 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Saw this video on strategic tank techniques today and found it very usefull:

Excellent Video. Guy breaks down every decision in a 40-0 tank rampage. Very useful info and strategies.
Nima's Avatar Nima 12:32 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

No can do man. tongue.gif

Will be reaching Lvl 100 today. Can only play till Wednesday and then it's vacation time with beach, sun and no BF.

I have nothing to worry about then. Level 110 is the max. Just got home, need to feed all the animals and I'll be on. Only for an hour or so befor I start dinner

Yes your blica is bigger than mine, fine! wink.giftongue.gif
emartins's Avatar emartins 12:36 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Yes your blica is bigger than mine, fine! wink.giftongue.gif

Haha, I like that one.

Where are you? I've been on for like 30 minutes?
Nima's Avatar Nima 12:41 PM 01-13-2014
Watching a TV series with the GF. Will be on in 45 min.
emartins's Avatar emartins 12:46 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Watching a TV series with the GF. Will be on in 45 min.

With that attitude you'll never hit 110.

I am going to start dinner and I'll be on after we eat. I would say about 4-4:30EST.
Hearzy's Avatar Hearzy 12:47 PM 01-13-2014
What do most of you guys play? I haven't even tried anything other than conquest. I tried the hardcore mode for the first time yesterday. That is so much better. I hated the idea that they could always find where you are and see you for a few seconds. Way too much of an advantage. I do wish though that you could mark the guys on the map like you can in the Normal. (R1?) I think.

Anyway - I look forward to playing with some of you... Most people here using a mic? I only have the one that came with the PS4. Personally I think it is crap. I am going to get another one here shortly....
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 12:49 PM 01-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post

What do most of you guys play? I haven't even tried anything other than conquest. I tried the hardcore mode for the first time yesterday. That is so much better. I hated the idea that they could always find where you are and see you for a few seconds. Way too much of an advantage. I do wish though that you could mark the guys on the map like you can in the Normal. (R1?) I think.

Anyway - I look forward to playing with some of you... Most people here using a mic? I only have the one that came with the PS4. Personally I think it is crap. I am going to get another one here shortly....

I mainly play Rush and Large Conquest (when it works). I never use a mic because we have a baby that is sleeping and whatnot when I play, but I do use headphones and like to listen in on chat.

I hate hardcore because it involves a lot of sniping.
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 143  144  145 146  147  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop