412Likes

post #451 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I found Lefty to be the best, as in most functional, all other layouts have maneuvering issues, as in technical a issues.
How do to guys use default/alternate without having chopper/jet strafing problems?

It's all personal preference and what you get used to. For example, I like inverted flight with choppers and normal with jets (or is it the other way around?) both with veteran controls.

(Although it looked as if the beta didn't have separate options for both, so if it stays that way, I'll have to re-learn one or the other. frown.gif)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

I found Lefty to be the best, as in most functional, all other layouts have maneuvering issues, as in technical a issues.
How do to guys use default/alternate without having chopper/jet strafing problems?

Well to be fair I am not the best pilot out there so I am probably not using the best layout, but it is what I am used to now.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #453 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 414
I use legacy for the chopper/jet controls. That's what felt natural to me in the beginning and now I'm just used to it.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #454 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
To be extra fair, DICE hasn't made flying easy since 1942. Which in some respects is a good thing, seeing how dominating good pilots can be even with the terrible control schemes.

If Apaches had smart, simple controls schemes like flying heli's in GTAIV had, it be all over for infantry. That be a bad thing, so I can appreciate dialing up the need for skill with air support. Even if it means most of the time I'm upside-down in the bushes somewhere.
post #455 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

To be extra fair, DICE hasn't made flying easy since 1942. Which in some respects is a good thing, seeing how dominating good pilots can be even with the terrible control schemes.

If Apaches had smart, simple controls schemes like flying heli's in GTAIV had, it be all over for infantry. That be a bad thing, so I can appreciate dialing up the need for skill with air support. Even if it means most of the time I'm upside-down in the bushes somewhere.

Oh I agree. I remember the damn circle strafing helis could do in BF:BC2.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #456 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 PM

For those with extra games or accessories they want to trade in, Amazon has a great deal right now! Trade in $30 worth of stuff and get an extra $30 towards a PS4 controller. That means you'll basically be "paying" only $30 for an extra controller. You also get an extra $20 towards Two Souls as well. smile.gif
post #457 of 9408 Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

It's all personal preference and what you get used to. For example, I like inverted flight with choppers and normal with jets (or is it the other way around?) both with veteran controls.

(Although it looked as if the beta didn't have separate options for both, so if it stays that way, I'll have to re-learn one or the other. frown.gif)

At bf3 launch I relearned flight controls 3 times to settle on Lefty. I believe legacy was what felt natural (can't recall) but it meant I couldn't strafe left/right if ever throttling up/down or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I use legacy for the chopper/jet controls. That's what felt natural to me in the beginning and now I'm just used to it.
post #458 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I agree, I actually like the spot button now. Just sucks that's it a menu that pops up when you hit the old button. They should of had that menu as a button hold. I'll play the beta a little more just to get used to the new button layouts.

I didn't like the new vehicle layout though. Those went right back to veteran really quickly.

I finally figured out the new spot button last night. I was going insane constantly hitting select and then getting killed because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the Battlelog screen. I do like the new layout as well for driving vehicles. My only dislike is the fact you have to hold down the square button to enter vehicles. I wish it was just a quick tap to enter.

Overall, I'm enjoying the beta. Other then the new control layouts, it doesn't feel like it's really any different than BF3.
post #459 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Holy crap is the PS3 version glitchy. I've been sniped through walls (sniper was inside a wall) One shotted by an SMG from across the map, killed before I even spawn, countless times I have been shooting someone and either knifed or reloaded without any input from me, and the reload animation doesn't play 50% of the time.

I'll give it another try after the next patch.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #460 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 03:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Holy crap is the PS3 version glitchy. I've been sniped through walls (sniper was inside a wall) One shotted by an SMG from across the map, killed before I even spawn, countless times I have been shooting someone and either knifed or reloaded without any input from me, and the reload animation doesn't play 50% of the time.

I'll give it another try after the next patch.

The biggest issue I have is when I respawn after I'm killed, my weapon doesn't show up sometimes for like 10-15 seconds. I'll end up getting killed instantly if there is an enemy nearby since I'm defenseless. Speaking of impossible shots, I actually killed someone last night through a roof being a sniper. I was really surprised.
post #461 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally got on today and GEEZ you guys were right about the new controller layout being so different and unconfigurable that it'd be best to not touch bf3 again.

The lack of strafe control is in full force and unlike bf3 it's here to stay, "Lefty" no longer is the option to completely separate strafe (or turn in tank) from accelerate. At least I know I'll be going against pilots with the same issue.

I find it hard to gripe about a choice a large Development team made, so then I assume I'm missing something here.
I do like the spot button...for normal. If an entire button is dedicated to that feature I can't see myself playing in hardcore much.
post #462 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been playing domination (no vehicles) using the Assault class. I unlocked the Scar and it is now my favorite gun, low ammo but great stopping power.

After a few matches I went back to CoD... aside from the 60fps smoothness, I did not have fun. Not sure if I am getting it at launch, but I am warming up to the beta.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #463 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Once you get about 4 hours in it gets a lot better as you warm up to the controls and changes.
post #464 of 9408 Old 10-04-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Once you get about 4 hours in it gets a lot better as you warm up to the controls and changes.

I hated Battlefield 3, never been a fan of the vehicles in any entry. Hopefully there is a solid selection of vehicle free match types at launch.

I am puzzled, the Battlefield site says that the Assault class gets the Scar L, with a 30 round clip, I got the Scar H with a 20 round clip... Beta only or is the unlock bugged?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #465 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I hated Battlefield 3, never been a fan of the vehicles in any entry. Hopefully there is a solid selection of vehicle free match types at launch...

OUCH! eek.gif Probably best not to even play Battlefield if you hate the spectacular vehicles so much. Imo, the vehicles are the complete difference-maker and what makes the Battlefield series light years ahead of every other been-there, done-that, bored-out-of-my-mind, no-skill, kiddie-campfest that comprises all other AAA title shooters. (Although DICE's decision to dumb down the vehicular controls into a "Halo-esque Warthog" two-stick system may completely wreck that.)
centking likes this.
post #466 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OUCH! eek.gif Probably best not to even play Battlefield if you hate the spectacular vehicles so much. Imo, the vehicles are the complete difference-maker and what makes the Battlefield series light years ahead of every other been-there, done-that, bored-out-of-my-mind, no-skill, kiddie-campfest that comprises all other AAA title shooters. (Although DICE's decision to dumb down the vehicular controls into a "Halo-esque Warthog" two-stick system may completely wreck that.)

I am hating the two stick control on the tank. I used to be able to forward and reverse at will so I could hide but now all I do is end up spinning the tank and hitting walls unable to move
post #467 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just hate how a team can use vehicles to force spawn traps so easily. My first and only Conquest game in the beta had it happen. It happened often in BC2, and BF3. I just do not like vehicle heavy game modes on the current consoles. That may change on next gen with much more people to shoot at, but for now I will stick with Domination in the beta.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #468 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just hate how a team can use vehicles to force spawn traps so easily. My first and only Conquest game in the beta had it happen. It happened often in BC2, and BF3. I just do not like vehicle heavy game modes on the current consoles. That may change on next gen with much more people to shoot at, but for now I will stick with Domination in the beta.

It does suck and gets boring, on both ends, but that could easily happen without vehicles.

benjamin-benjami -
post #469 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It does suck and gets boring, on both ends, but that could easily happen without vehicles.

I've been dumped into a Dom match where the enemy had all three points, I singlehandedly turned it from a lopsided 150 ticket difference to losing by 30 by the end of the match. I play the objective, I keep moving from point to point and it keeps me in the action.

In a vehicle match I would have needed to take out the air support at least to attempt that, and covered long distances just to take one single point on the map.

I will say, point B needs a smaller capture radius and that roof needs some tweaks.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #470 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've been dumped into a Dom match where the enemy had all three points, I singlehandedly turned it from a lopsided 150 ticket difference to losing by 30 by the end of the match. I play the objective, I keep moving from point to point and it keeps me in the action.

In a vehicle match I would have needed to take out the air support at least to attempt that, and covered long distances just to take one single point on the map.

I will say, point B needs a smaller capture radius and that roof needs some tweaks.

Yes the roof does, it needed more access points and not just the elevators and a chopper. Maybe an elevator on the floor below so you can use a set of stairs to get up.

Earlier today they had a support guy on each elevator just lying down. Of course our chopper did nothing to help so I just decided to take the building down. To bad thats the only alternative as I prefer battling it out on the roof.

benjamin-benjami -
post #471 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes the roof does, it needed more access points and not just the elevators and a chopper. Maybe an elevator on the floor below so you can use a set of stairs to get up.

Earlier today they had a support guy on each elevator just lying down. Of course our chopper did nothing to help so I just decided to take the building down. To bad thats the only alternative as I prefer battling it out on the roof.

I was talking about B on Dom. Oddly enough it has the same roof problems as Conquest...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #472 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:

I am hating the two stick control on the tank. I used to be able to forward and reverse at will so I could hide but now all I do is end up spinning the tank and hitting walls unable to move

Switch your controls to Veteran. Problem solved...except for being able to actually kill infantry, of course.
post #473 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Switch your controls to Veteran. Problem solved...except for being able to actually kill infantry, of course.

What?
Can't tell if razzing me or serious suggestion -_-
post #474 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:

The point you make is exactly why I love, love, love vehicles. I've utterly wrecked whole teams that were spawncamping so many times it isn't even funny. Grab a jet and take out the air force to the point of embarrassment that they stop even using jets and helis. Park said jet, grab a tank and crush their armor. Obliterate their remaining daywalkers with the guns, and snipe out the campers with regular tank shells. Drive to nearest objective, take it and move on. If I had to hoof it on foot, I'd be dead before I even set foot out of the base.

No bragging here, as everyone knows that I suck at walking. All AVSers have done this an absurd number of times, either together or alone. We've had many, many runs where we would get up by hundreds of tickets, then switch teams and end up winning the match anyway. I still recall an epic game where about 5 of us joined in and were down by 650+ tickets in a 1000 ticket server and still won by 150+ tickets. Honestly, if you haven't played with the AVS crew, you've missed out on an endless procession of dominating comebacks and mind-blowing wins. On foot, we can be pretty good, but every single guy here is ridiculously beyond good with some sort of vehicle. If the other team is content to let said vehicle rape them in or out of their base, they deserve to get obliterated. Guys that are good in tanks, jets, and helis have earned the right to dominate...I've never once had guys on foot let me shoot them in the head out of pity.

With that said, any group of soldiers can stop good players in their tracks with teamwork. CoD-types, so used to going rogue, rarely catch on to that.
post #475 of 9408 Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:

What?
Can't tell if razzing me or serious suggestion -_-

Serious. Change all of your controls to Veteran. One of the first things I and nearly everyone else did. Try it, it works wonders! smile.gif
post #476 of 9408 Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

PM me PSN gamer tags guys.
post #477 of 9408 Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

PM me PSN gamer tags guys.

Mine's in my sig. I created a new account for PS+ so none of you guys have this one - feel free to add me.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #478 of 9408 Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Can't read sigs on mobile...:thumbdown:

May as well toss a running list together. Tag, platform, and timezone. Just add your info so were set for launch day(s)

1. LordXarsNexus - PS3/PS4 - CST
Cravit8 likes this.
post #479 of 9408 Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I'll join in...

1. LordXarsNexus - PS3/PS4 - CST
2. Lodolfan16- PS3/PS4 - EST

PSN:Lodolfan16