Battlefield 4 - Page 160 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 155Likes

post #4771 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Speaking of comcast, any network engineers in here? Might this be the issues causing my lag with comcast?

http://cdn.avsforum.com/b/bb/bba1f309_0eqecalnvuboh7hxfy_020hsev.jpeg

Seems the last hop is the most important from what I've been reading, but I'm not too great with my networking knowledge. Issues this weekend with lag were terrible on both BF and KZ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

@mphfrom77?

Top of my head LevelCap and Xfactor

I cant forget Battlefield friends, they are always helpful. More for BF knowledge.

Awesome, thanks for the info.
post #4773 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

T-Mobile and Sprint have unlimited data, for their phones. Their hotspots have data caps no better than any other service. I'll eventually add a 4G hotspot so I can play fps online, but for now I need to give the priority to just being able to download files for my consoles. Exede's nightly unilmited block is my only option for that.
Is the data capped on the hotspots only for unrooted phones? Perhaps with a root and a super user accessible wifi tether app there would be no cap.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #4774 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Is the data capped on the hotspots only for unrooted phones? Perhaps with a root and a super user accessible wifi tether app there would be no cap.

Now that is a good question...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #4775 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Its still capped. They also can tell you're rooted and using it as a mobile hotspot without buying one from them, and will let you know they don't like it after you use some amount of data doing it.

Anyways, new issue with handguns for me. They seem to be "lag jamming" where while I'm quickly and consistently firing (pop,pop,pop,pop,pop), instead the gun is not firing (pop,...,...,pop,pop...,...,pop,pop,pop). This is going to make getting the M1911 a real PITA...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=495465540562216&l=2095727732484128615

And on another note, this is how shared videos look on the PDM wall for me now. Did facebook lower the quality when watching them through PSN?

If you actually go to facebook.com you can hit the HD button. But through PSN PDM wall, SD only for me.
post #4776 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I've all of a sudden noticed that too with the only pistol I have used, the P226. Pretty surprising and annoying when it happens. Thanks for mentioning. I now know it is indeed a weird issue that I've not had in the past.
post #4777 of 8734 Old 01-26-2014, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I've all of a sudden noticed that too with the only pistol I have used, the P226. Pretty surprising and annoying when it happens. Thanks for mentioning. I now know it is indeed a weird issue that I've not had in the past.

OK, so another game bug is bad ammo for the pistols? Nice. Some good games tonight. The game emptied out around 1am EST, so everyone must have work tomorrow. smile.gif

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #4778 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 84
New update coming, maybe with 2nd assault.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065219584248915/

@Lazy did you get some Dev tags?

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #4779 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

I didnt. I cared more about unlocking the DMR's I needed then the dog tags. I will chase them another day. Took me a week or so to find a Dev online for BF3 but I managed to do it and eventually get his tags.

About the update, this quote right here pisses me off
Quote:
We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live.
Why? Why not tell us now since you know basically what will be attempted on fixing the game. Why wait till after the update goes live to let us know? They will have to be getting the update together soon to send out to Sony/MS so they cant say they are not sure what exactly is going to be included.

MPH rant over

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #4780 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Quote:

I didnt. I cared more about unlocking the DMR's I needed then the dog tags. I will chase them another day. Took me a week or so to find a Dev online for BF3 but I managed to do it and eventually get his tags.

About the update, this quote right here pisses me off
Why? Why not tell us now since you know basically what will be attempted on fixing the game. Why wait till after the update goes live to let us know? They will have to be getting the update together soon to send out to Sony/MS so they cant say they are not sure what exactly is going to be included.

MPH rant over

They are going to wait to see what actually gets fixed, that way we can't Complain. wink.gif

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #4781 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

They are going to wait to see what actually gets fixed, that way we can't Complain. wink.gif

They must not be reading MPH's posts

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #4782 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I've noticed this as well, I was using the reflex, it was a nice weapon in BF3 but finally gave it up, was thinking it had something to do with the recoil, then I was using the shorty 12Gage, and figured the delay was do to the pump, both of these weapons should have single headshot kills as well, but that was also not the cases.

I loved Gun master when it came out on close quarters, and got pretty good with the pistols. I find it easier now to duck, hide, reload the primary weapon, then to switch to a pistol.

post #4783 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 05:56 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Thanks EA/DICE for your ongoing commitment. We will have v1.0 of the game by end of February!

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #4784 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
After spending a solid weekend gaming with AVS'ers my assumptions that I suck at this game were correct. So from now on I will call myself a "points guy". I may finish top ten with a record of 9-26 (actual score) but about 5000+ points. Still though, I am having fun. And hopefully those points mean I am helping my team.

On another note - and at the risk of getting banned from the AVS BF community i have one main question (please don't shoot me):

What's the main reason you guys ALWAYS play Conquest? Is this considered the only "true" BF game mode?

We did run some DOM this weekend but I was told it was strickly for doubleXP purposes...

PS: I've pretty much given up on reviving. After pumping the defib on several body parts of a fallen squad mate (Face, Neck, Chest, Crotch, Thighs, Knee caps, shins, ankles, removed shoes and tried their feet) NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
post #4785 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

After spending a solid weekend gaming with AVS'ers my assumptions that I suck at this game were correct. So from now on I will call myself a "points guy". I may finish top ten with a record of 9-26 (actual score) but about 5000+ points. Still though, I am having fun. And hopefully those points mean I am helping my team.

On another note - and at the risk of getting banned from the AVS BF community i have one main question (please don't shoot me):

What's the main reason you guys ALWAYS play Conquest? Is this considered the only "true" BF game mode?

We did run some DOM this weekend but I was told it was strickly for doubleXP purposes...

PS: I've pretty much given up on reviving. After pumping the defib on several body parts of a fallen squad mate (Face, Neck, Chest, Crotch, Thighs, Knee caps, shins, ankles, removed shoes and tried their feet) NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They love their Conquest. I like to mix things up myself. Rush is always nice. Conquest is really the only place you get the big 64 man servers though.
post #4786 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Don't really worry about kills, just go for points and unlocking stuff early on. Just about all of us started .750 or lower and have steadily been working our way back up to better KDR's. The starting weapons are pretty good, but only after unlocking some attachments and if they complement your playstyle. Later on you can unlock some beast weapons that have very tight spreads on first shot, which helps immensely.

As for Conquest, old habits die hard. Conquest is the original mode from all the way back in BF 1942.
post #4787 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

The way some of the maps are geared towards favoring the defenders, I would hate to see a 64 player Rush. They would have to increase the ticket count. Thats the plus on the Rent-A-Servers.

post #4788 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You get a lot of opportunities to earn points in conquest by taking objectives over and over again, this game mode is also good for team work, which also nets more points. Rush is good for team work as well, but since only one person can take a MCOMM, and once its gone, it's gone, you can't earn as many points. If you want to rank up faster per minute played, I found Domination to be the best mode for that on BF3, Domination on BF4 so far, all maps are larger, or more open, BF3 usually played close quarters Domination, with all map's being inside, I would assume we'll see those later on.

post #4789 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

I don't know if this is how everyone else feels, but conquest is just my favorite mode. I've never been a big fan of rush because I don't like the linearity of it. Domination is cool, it's like mini-conquest and I play it when I just want to shoot at people (conquest is really lacking in infantry maps). Conquest is also the only 64 player game-mode currently available on consoles, I think that plays a large part as well.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #4790 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM

Does the add on give any other infantry only maps?

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #4791 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
I play quite a bit of Rush and enjoy it. However it just feels so slow paced after playing in 64-man servers and the maps that I like in Rush always end too fast. biggrin.gif

I just love Operation Locker on Conquest, that was so much fun last night.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #4792 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

Aside from the large player count (which has not been a benefit until recently...it was flat out unplayable for a while), I think conquest is one of the few game modes where all of the vehicles are available depending on the map. Rush has a few maps with jets but they don't seem to make the rotation much and the length/objective type makes rush a better fit for choppers than jets.

There's air superiority mode which is air vehicle only, I haven't even tried that yet. May have to give it a spin;)

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #4793 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I play quite a bit of Rush and enjoy it. However it just feels so slow paced after playing in 64-man servers and the maps that I like in Rush always end too fast. biggrin.gif

I just love Operation Locker on Conquest, that was so much fun last night.

I jumped into a few of those games with you. Operation Locker is my favorite infantry only map by far! biggrin.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #4794 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I've never been a big fan of rush because I don't like the linearity of it.

I agree with your statement at lease partially, I like rush because of the linearity, and I love the close matches, which are hard to come by, but if your on a team running folks over, or the other way around, it gets really boring. but I also like rush, as there are more face to face gun fights, I hate getting shot in the back, but that's the nature of the beast in conquest. And it's worse in the BF4, SBS, I call it the spawn back shot, or Spawn BS, your call, where I continually get shot in the back immediately after spawning back into the game.

post #4795 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Due to many various life situations, I'll be re-joining you guys maybe mid-March, or whenever both the game is not borked and the PS4 is readily available for me to re-buy (yes, the news is I sold the PS4 and I only originally got it to play BF4).

I'll leave this here. MVP as commander is kind of funny and at least I get to join you guys via ipad.

Nima likes this.
post #4796 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

They must of heard me. I am not sure if these are included in the update or for another update.

BF4 Vehicle Tweaks

Quote:
As millions of players dive into the game, new gameplay styles emerge, and with them the need to keep fine-tuning the core gameplay elements. In this post, we’ll talk about the upcoming Battlefield 4 tweaks that we have planned, based on your feedback. These changes are all slotted to go live in a future game update. Stay tuned for more, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

The Battlefield 4 helis are being carefully tweaked to further improve game balance.

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS

Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential

post #4797 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I like both Rush and Conquest and think both have their places in this game. I love arming M-Coms.
post #4798 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 67
I'm so glad it looks like they are trying to fix there the MBT Law would fly right by active protection, that is very annoying. However reducing Staff shell damage???? NOOOOOO

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #4799 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They must of heard me. I am not sure if these are included in the update or for another update.

BF4 Vehicle Tweaks

I agree with all of it, now fix the game play.

post #4800 of 8734 Old 01-27-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Conquest = Attack Helicopters, and I used to really like Attack Helicopters.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page