Battlefield 4 - Page 163 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 170Likes

post #4861 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dice announced today the "Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month" for the entire month of February.

Among other things you will get:

- One battlepack a day (Bronze or Silver) for each day you log in to play Multiplayer
- Shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns ---- for premuim members two additional weapon shortcuts DMRs and shotguns (these bundles will have to be downloaded at no additional cost)
- Double XP weekend ---- additional double XP weekend for Premium members

Thoughts?

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

Dice announced today the "Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month" for the entire month of February.

- One battlepack a day (Bronze or Silver) for each day you log in to play Multiplayer
- Shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns ---- for premuim members two additional weapon shortcuts DMRs and shotguns (these bundles will have to be downloaded at no additional cost)

Thoughts?

Crap. And here I am with no internet... may have to rush my Satellite internet plans just so I can log in and get this stuff.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #4863 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

Thoughts?

Double XP for the whole month would be nice (doubtful that would happen) but it should be for at least a whole week, not just a weekend. Two days is too short of a time. Ex. I was unable to play last weekend therefore missed out on the event.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #4864 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I haven't played just because I haven't been able to play. Had to return to work after my sales meeting and have been working long hours just to catch up.

I've missed playing BF4 with you guys tremendously the last week or so despite the lag, rubberbanding and 0 health deaths, etc.

I need my BF fix pronto. Perhaps I'll be on tonight if I get home at a decent time but don't know how many of you guys will be on because of KZ Twozdays.

I'll be on, me no likely KZ.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #4865 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM

Should I get the premium edition of BF4? Is it worth it?

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #4866 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I just put two and two together with Campy04 and Hearzy. You are indeed now my friend...I accepted your friend request anyhow. But I also mentioned this game would not be fixed by February, and I remain true to that claim...only now I am truly thinking it will never be fixed.

Thats me....cool.gif

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #4867 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:

Thoughts?

Awesome! Now I just simply log in once a day for 28 days and I will have every unlock done. Sweet! Why bother playing....
post #4868 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearzy View Post

Should I get the premium edition of BF4? Is it worth it?
If you see yourself buying all the map packs then yes, it would be cheaper than buying everything individually. Just at the risk of not liking some of the map packs since you don't know anything about them beforehand.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #4869 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

I'll be on, me no likely KZ.

I think KZ has potential. I'm going to try to give it a chance tonight. I need to figure out how to play it before I pass judgement. I've played BF almost exclusively for MP since Halo 4 so I keep defaulting to the BF controls (unintentionally) no matter what I play right now.

Which reminds me, is there a preferred KZ controller layout (like veteran or legacy for BF)???

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #4870 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

I think KZ has potential. I'm going to try to give it a chance tonight. I need to figure out how to play it before I pass judgement. I've played BF almost exclusively for MP since Halo 4 so I keep defaulting to the BF controls (unintentionally) no matter what I play right now.

Which reminds me, is there a preferred KZ controller layout (like veteran or legacy for BF)???

KZ and BF controls are identical except grenade is the opposite shoulder button and knife/duck are flipped. If your running Veteran on BF that is.
post #4871 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 324
I'll be on tonight, my A50s replacement should be here today and I want to make sure everything is ok with them.

For me, I could deal with everything wrong in the game if the lag/rubberbanding was gone.

I am going to test out the pistol more tonight. Watching Tyrants vids makes me wonder if I just thought maybe it was something else. I could of just thought I wasnt releasing the trigger far enough to register the next pull.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #4872 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thoughts?

I wonder what constitutes 'logging in to play' multiplayer? The days I don't have time can I just get into a game, quit and get the battlepack? Do you have to finish a match?

Cheap I know but I aint gonna pass up free goodies! Well technically none of it's free since I bough the game & premium :/

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #4873 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

If you see yourself buying all the map packs then yes, it would be cheaper than buying everything individually. Just at the risk of not liking some of the map packs since you don't know anything about them beforehand.

Never bought a map pack for BF3... How I look at it is - I paid 60.00 for the game to begin with. Now I have to pay another 50.00 (or buy them individually) for more of the same game and to allow me a bit of XP boost on the weekends? Pisses me off especially when they give us a half finished game to begin with.

I am ranting a bit yes - probably will buy the pack anyway. mad.gif

PSN (PS3/4) - Campy04
post #4874 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Awesome! Now I just simply log in once a day for 28 days and I will have every unlock done. Sweet! Why bother playing....

Same thought. Perhaps this is their attempt to stabilize the servers. Give everyone everything so a majority can move onto other games.
post #4875 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyderulz View Post

KZ took me close to 20hrs playtime before it started to click. My K/D was around .6 up until recently, and it took me forever to figure out the objectives. Guess I'm a slow learner.

post #4876 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

KZ took me close to 20hrs playtime before it started to click. My K/D was around .6 up until recently, and it took me forever to figure out the objectives. Guess I'm a slow learner.

Mine is @ .61 after one day of play. Had a couple of good rounds and just got routed one match, blindsided from every corner (something like 3-24 IIRC). I literally just jumped in and started mashing buttons to figure it out!

I took Tyrant & Nex's advice and customized 4 loadouts for all 3 classes. Might also have to try some classic warzone before jumping back into the 24 player variety to get the feel & get some unlocks too.

Thats what I do.

post #4877 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Nah Hap your average wink.gif
post #4878 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Nah Hap your average wink.gif

Prob took so long to figure out objectives because I never play them. I'm such a kill whore.

post #4879 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I'll leave this here. MVP as commander is kind of funny and at least I get to join you guys via ipad.

Yup

Yup. Daytime Wookies are TERRIBLE. One round today my side had squads going up to Juliet with one person per squad. Suffice to say it was a quick, losing match. The match above I got 6 kill cruise missile strike on some camping bush berry snipers.
Spanglo likes this.
post #4880 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Cravit8 was our commander one time and he scored over 10000 points. I didnt think it was possible for a commander to bang out that many. Good job on his part.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #4881 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Cravit8 was our commander one time and he scored over 10000 points. I didnt think it was possible for a commander to bang out that many. Good job on his part.

I was only able to get over 10K commander score once and that included 4 multi kill cruise missiles and squad wipe bonuses. The other big point bringers are good supply drop placement where you might earn several resupply ribbons. I wish there was a way one could remain as commander of a team game after game rather than flipping back and forth between teams. My commander scores for a "good team" usually run around 4-6K. If it takes me more than a few minutes to start earning enough points to award a squad promotion, I usually quit the game and look for another to join. Those big kill totals will usually come when the losing teams start camping tall buildings on Flood Zone, Dawn Breaker, Shanghai, etc. If you have enemy commander, you have to kinda hope he's a noob and wastes his proxy attack and EMP attacks.

Wondering... do kills in Commander Mode get added to your K/D? I assume yes but have not checked.

Rican21... I do believe the squad leader will earn squad points for attack/defend commands regardless of his location on the map. I have made it a habit of triggering the flag where my squad was located if they were not in the flag capping mood, such as when the squad is busy attacking vehicles leaving the spawn base, a favorite past time of out friends Abusive_Red and UtterDead. smile.gif. Hell, just following those guys around with ammo boxes will earn big points. smile.gif

I also had a pretty bad morning with the ACW-R not being able to win hardly any fights. I thing the problems was I have upped my game sensitivity so I can move my AIMED weapon around more quickly. The down side to this adjustment has been my twitching reflex going out the window and flipping left/right and up/down on the target while aiming in a fast, reflex encounter. I'll have to drop my sensitivity back down to around 15-18%, although I did like the increased aiming movement of running with 28-30% sensitivity.

I like the idea of weapon unlocks and daily battle packs in Feb. If I will have to pick only (2) weapon classes to unlock, I will have to seriously consider which (2) I will choose. Hmmmmm.....

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #4882 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 35
No one playing tonight?

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #4883 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Maybe tomorrow night for me. I've been out of town for a couple days, but home tomorrow.
post #4884 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:

I'm a Portuguese Rhode Islander and MPH makes it to easy.

Sincere apologies.
post #4885 of 8770 Old 01-28-2014, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

OK... there was a map glitch on Lansing Dam at the E flag where a guy was under ground. He was swimming around, killing people with his pistol and planting C4, yet he could not be killed. He was right near the burned out car at the end of the E flag nearest that base spawn.

Have they already made some server mods to guns? I feel like the AK-5c is even stronger and the ACW-R weaker. It's probably just me but I thought it was way different than normal engagements. If I had to guess, it seems like stability is being rewarded more heavily.

post #4886 of 8770 Old 01-29-2014, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

I like the idea of weapon unlocks and daily battle packs in Feb. If I will have to pick only (2) weapon classes to unlock, I will have to seriously consider which (2) I will choose. Hmmmmm.....

I dont think we can choose. Grenades and pistols for everyone and the premium members get shotguns and DMR's. With all that I still dont feel appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Sincere apologies.

None needed, I thought maybe you had mistaken for someone else.

post #4887 of 8770 Old 01-29-2014, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
What they should do in February in addition to all the other goodies they are giving away is have another 1 week of Double XP event, release Second Assault and fix once and for all the netcode. I'd be pretty satisfied with that.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #4888 of 8770 Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

The only thing to fix this mess is to fix the problems. I'm guessing it will take a couple more months and this appreciation is nothing more than plugging holes in a dam of losing players. I'm torn whether to even participate in this at all. On the one hand I'd hate to miss stuff but on the other I don't want them to think it makes things all better either.
post #4889 of 8770 Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

I dont think we can choose. Grenades and pistols for everyone and the premium members get shotguns and DMR's.

Glad I did not waste the time working on unlocking my DMR's and shottie's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

What they should do in February in addition to all the other goodies they are giving away is have another 1 week of Double XP event, release Second Assault and fix once and for all the netcode. I'd be pretty satisfied with that.

Personally I think the netcode thing is burned into the FB engine and sadly and from what I am told that would mean no real way to fix it. One could hope, but honestly being it has been 4 months and not a peep about it leads me to believe otherwise.
post #4890 of 8770 Old 01-29-2014, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I dont think we can choose. Grenades and pistols for everyone and the premium members get shotguns and DMR's.....

Yes. Thanks I am seeing that full story now. Still, Pistols, DMRs and Shottie unlocks will be welcome. I figure I will take advantage of the full month of bronze and silver battle packs on both my PS4 and XBone soldiers, basically leaving just the sniper rifles and assault rifles for me to fully unlock.

Regarding my earlier post about primary weapon effectiveness... I think I'm going to try switching out the suppressor(s) for muzzle brake or compensator, then see what I see. I think it may well be the range penalty costing me the mid range battles I previously mentioned losing lately.

Regarding the airburst... can anyone comments on what max range typically works? I have been trying some extended ranges on the airburst without success so far. I assume it's because the farther away you go, you need to aim a little higher to account to small but inherent trajectory of the grenade.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page