Battlefield 4 - Page 166 - AVS Forum
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven 03:28 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

I just started playing BF4 after playing nothing but COD for the past years and boy, do I suck! I wasn't the greatest in COD, but definitely far from the worst and in BF, the learning curve is definitely different. How does one level up and unlock weapons? I'm still trying to figure out which loadout is best for me, but do all attachments and weapons unlock universally or just for that specific class? In other words, if I unlock a weapon as an engineer, will that weapon be available in engineer only or will I be able to choose it from another class as well?

- unlock kit classes by using the kit item specialties, such as ammo drops, heals, repairs and motion sensors & spawn beacons.

- unlock weapons by playing that weapon class and getting kills. Kills = unlocking additional weapons in the class AND unlocking attachments for the specific weapon. Each weapon requires unlocking attachments all over again. PS... you will notice some "special" weapons that are unlocked by specific assignments in the game or by playing the single player campaign.

- There are weapons specific to each class AND weapons which can be used by any class. Sniper Rifle is ReCon only, Assault Rifle is Assault only, LMG is Support only and PDW is Engineer only. Carbines, DMR, Pistols & Shotguns can be used by any class. Carbines, DMR and Shotguns each require a certain score in a specific class to be unlocked. Carbines is unlocked by the Engineer, but I forget what unlocks the DMR and Shotguns.

It's worth knowing every starter weapon in a class is pretty good and sometimes very good, like the AK-5C Carbine.

Welcome to the game and the coming player appreciation month should serve you well for leveling.

Nima's Avatar Nima 03:30 PM 01-30-2014
Comme rose orders etc. should show up in a chat window now.

Multiple SRAW hits nerfed. And tablet commander seems to be broken.

Full ninja (undocumented) updates list here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1wk151/ninja_updates_thread/?sort=new
dbailey75's Avatar dbailey75 03:30 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

These are funner ways to take out snipers...never knew you could do this with the SRAW until I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aKNbh4gzP88

I have been using this weapon all wrong, and here's another reason not to get in a vehicle, this is worse than stingers, might as well get rid of all the vehicles and start playing COD.
dbailey75's Avatar dbailey75 03:33 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

PEW PEW PEW... PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW.... PEW PEW PEW .

I'm fairly certain, that's a quote from Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 03:37 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

I have been using this weapon all wrong, and here's another reason not to get in a vehicle, this is worse than stingers, might as well get rid of all the vehicles and start playing COD.

Few people use it to it's full potential. People adept at using vehicles can get crazy scores. People who gamble with them usually pay.
Nima's Avatar Nima 03:39 PM 01-30-2014
It has now been nerfed to only allow one rocket in the air anyway. mad.gif
emartins's Avatar emartins 03:40 PM 01-30-2014
I am having a blast spamming the com rose. I just select everything.
Quote:
Client information icon The HUD icon indicate if anything is going wrong with the client such as packet loss, FPS drops, etc

I was wondering what that was. It would pop up every so often.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 03:42 PM 01-30-2014
Anything actually fixed? Anything new broken?
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 03:43 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

you already post so much in this thread (for someone who doesn't own the game or the console), I think it is pretty easy which you should go with smile.gif

This is where most of the crew is, so this is where I post smile.gif.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 03:46 PM 01-30-2014
IMHO the next update needs to include lowering the time in which you can deploy countermeasures in heli's and jets. 24 seconds or whatever it is is way to long.

Or also maybe allowing the gunner in the attack heli to fire off countermeasures as well. That would promote teamwork.
emartins's Avatar emartins 03:48 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Quote:

I'm just messing around right now. Not really paying attention. Mostly trolling
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 03:51 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

In bad company 2, if your reticule hits a stupid little leaf, the ordinance comes down right on you. In this video, it ignored a bush right in front of it. Wow.

I can just hear Spyder's rants now.

emartins's Avatar emartins 04:03 PM 01-30-2014
They added an attack boat for the attackers on Hainan Resort on the first MCOMs for Rush.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 04:05 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

They added an attack boat for the attackers on Hainan Resort on the first MCOMs for Rush.

Ahh they were listening last night! Good!
emartins's Avatar emartins 04:08 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

Ahh they were listening last night! Good!

We all heard the bitching.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 04:21 PM 01-30-2014
Beer was flowing, we had a crappy team, and was getting rolled; be glad we weren't on CQ. rolleyes.gif
emartins's Avatar emartins 04:27 PM 01-30-2014
I dont want to throw blame around but we won once you guys left. Could of been MPH showing up also.
Smigro's Avatar Smigro 04:33 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

From what I have been told, the SRAW glitch got fixed with today's patch.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:05 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I dont want to throw blame around but we won once you guys left. Could of been MPH showing up also.

Not surprised I was playing like crap. So this new patch seems to not register hits. Was up in a jet and flaming before any hits actually registered. Played locker and died several times from one shots. Might just be my bad attitude though mad.gif will give it a bit and see what happens.
emartins's Avatar emartins 05:06 PM 01-30-2014
Now that I see when Ive been headshotted it seemed to explain a lot of the quick deaths.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:22 PM 01-30-2014
Lancang wasn't bad but it looks flat visually like they toned it down. Stutter is still there albeit less. Was getting shot down very quickly with so so hit markers. Went from 52 to dead in two red markers. Its not exactly worse but its not much better either.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 05:39 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:

Lancang wasn't bad but it looks flat visually like they toned it down. Stutter is still there albeit less. Was getting shot down very quickly with so so hit markers. Went from 52 to dead in two red markers. Its not exactly worse but its not much better either.
I jumped in the Lancang server with you and was lagging pretty bad.

SRAW was definitely nerfed; pretty lame now. They also managed to nerf the test range; you don't get 100 explosives to play around with anymore. They added the ability to change your kit without dying, but you can't change loadouts or see the loadouts of the kits you want to change to.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:48 PM 01-30-2014
Thought I saw someone join. Didn't think it was horribly laggy but still felt off. Had enough and left.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 06:04 PM 01-30-2014
To be fair KZ seems a tad laggy too.
emartins's Avatar emartins 07:04 PM 01-30-2014
Anyone playing tonight? I should be on within the hour.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 07:20 PM 01-30-2014
Looks like the latest patch was so full of bugs it gave my wife and 11 month the old the flu. Thanks Dice.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 08:16 PM 01-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Comme rose orders etc. should show up in a chat window now.

Multiple SRAW hits nerfed. And tablet commander seems to be broken.

So comma rose is on the tablet app...why?
Maybe I'm too tired to figure that one out, doesn't seem to mitigate not knoing which player is on what squad.

No more Scan UAV, that is huge and IMO wasn't fair if there wasn't a commander on both teams.

Detonation sites do not show on obliteration mode on tablet app, as in, there is no A,B,C highlighted.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 08:45 PM 01-30-2014
DMRs feel about the same as before, so more power to those who enjoy them since you should get better performance out of them.
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77 01:13 AM 01-31-2014
Man PrankT, no party chat? Good games though beast mode.

(actually I don't know if we are psn friends or not though.)

BTW, loved your jet skis with Slams against the Attack Boats on Parcel Storm.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz 01:44 AM 01-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Man PrankT, no party chat? Good games though beast mode.

(actually I don't know if we are psn friends or not though.)

BTW, loved your jet skis with Slams against the Attack Boats on Parcel Storm.
That was a lot of fun tonight. Do you need an invite to get into chat? I don't think I got one, unless old invites work..haven't tried. Regardless, I don't have a mic set up and had to keep running upstairs to help the flu victims.

The slams were working great on jetskis today, but I was having a horrible time getting tanks on Golmud in the jeeps; not that it mattered since you and Hapi were blowing everything up. I was so happy the server held together. It got shaky a few times, but better than normal!
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 164  165  166 167  168  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop