Forum Jump: 
 81Likes

post #5671 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
If this game had any credibility left to me its gone after last night. Metro didn't need the tunnel they put in, it needs one from outside in. They added a bonus you can't play because you got revived. I mean this this is such garbage. So I feel 100% guilt free exploiting this borked pos. Hey at least I'm still playing it and EA can add a +1 to another satisfied customer. rolleyes.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Gotta give props to MPH. His spawn beacon placement on Metro was AWESOME! We must have had the enemies wondering where we were coming from the whole match!

I've played a lot of Metro. When your team can't push through, if you want to win the match, you must plan on running through as fast as you can. Plan to die a lot and feel stupid doing it over and over. But if you can get through and setup a beacon, and have a full squad spawn off of it over and over, you will definitely cause major problems for the enemy. Hopefully your team can take advantage of the enemy having to pull guys off the front line. I've seen it swing matches on Metro time and time again. Plus it's just more fun than standing and throwing grenades and shooting from the same spot. Though a slow and steady push is necessary too. But I think too many people get complacent on Metro just going for kills and they kind of forget to keep inching forward.

Also it is pretty common in CTF mode for your squad to get wiped and then you're left spawning at the base, literally a mile away. I think a beacon in CTF mode might be the way I lean towards, especially once I get the hang of how the maps play out with it.

I think I like CTF with 64 players on these new / old 2014 bf3 rehashed maps.
post #5673 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'm still amazed you were able to get thru to plant it.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #5674 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I tried to play three times, but each time my load out and unlocks were missing. Closed out between each one, but no dice (unintended pun).
post #5675 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I don't have prime and haven't played these maps, but the answer is smokes. Of course, my answer for any objective is smokes so beware.
Nima likes this.
post #5676 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I don't have prime and haven't played these maps, but the answer is smokes. Of course, my answer for any objective is smokes so beware.

Smokes? Like the cigars Lo is going to get Lazy? biggrin.gif

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #5677 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Lag explained:

post #5678 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Is premium worth the coin for second assault? A$74 is pretty pricey.

PSN Brown-Corolla
post #5679 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Lag explained:

After watching this video I admit I stopped listening after the first minute. I was impressed at his headshot ability with the recon. I know hes on a PC but man was he dominating with that thing.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #5680 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

He was ripping it up.

Basically said he saying what already has been said, that the netcode sucks, and went on to explain why it won't get any better - ever. So enjoy the lag. It's the game's fault.

post #5681 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Its not the games fault. Its us not them.

Whos playing tonight? Would of been on sooner but having fun with Titanfall

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #5682 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
I might get on if I am not to lazy to switch my wifi over to my phone. It is annoying enough of a switch that it can put me off from playing.

Killzone at $30 is tempting me, but with my internet situation I can't see myself playing many reflex intensive games. Hopefully the FFXIV beta doesn't use a ton of data and doesn't have daily multi gig patches like the PS3 beta did...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #5683 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

10 games won in a row tonight before I blue screened. Thanks for the rock and roll. smile.gif It was great fun. We were doing great on the new maps.

I was trying to take a page out of the MPH ReCon book and plant spawn beacons in some clever spots. Those cargo boxes with the doors at either end are really sweet if they are slight off the heavily traveled path. On Firestorm at the A flag, I tried putting the beacon in the building near the main A building, but it kept getting found. Then I put it in the cargo box just out to the less traveled side of A and it stayed there the rest of the game. I noticed the spawn beacon no longer survives if you switch classes when spawning in. How long has that been changed? I ask because it seemed like the beacon used to remain until it was destroyed. Now you have to remain in ReCon class to have the beacon remain. Not a problem, just making a note for those who like to run recon and drop beacons.

I tried running the ACE 53 SV DMR again and it was fun, but I was losing way to many fights. Maybe if I stuck with it longer and practiced on the range it would get better. Also, maybe it was the new maps. Maybe I should give some of the older maps a spin with the DMR.

The MTAR-21 is still very nice even if it has been patched. I'm just gonna grind that out to 1k kills and then see where to go from there. Probably the AK-5C and ACW-R to 1K kills.

post #5684 of 8547 Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I think the beacon has always automatically destroyed when you switch off of recon.
post #5685 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
you guys have probably already covered this but if i fire an RPG or SRAW at a tank and the tank kills me AFTER I've clearly fired said missile, but before said missile explodes... will my missile land on tank or disappear?

twice last night it disappeared and tanks kept on with 27 health.....

Panasonic TC-P55ST50
Panasonic DMP-BDT 220
Sony HT-CT100
Sony PS4
Sony PS3 Slim
PSN: Rican21
post #5686 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

you guys have probably already covered this but if i fire an RPG or SRAW at a tank and the tank kills me AFTER I've clearly fired said missile, but before said missile explodes... will my missile land on tank or disappear?

twice last night it disappeared and tanks kept on with 27 health.....

No, missiles will either plow into the ground or dissolve upon death. It seems my grenades do the same thing.

Can you tell who works for EA? They are the ones that earned trolling.
post #5687 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

No, missiles will either plow into the ground or dissolve upon death. It seems my grenades do the same thing.

Grenades? Really?
In BF3 there was a patch like 12 months later that fix grenades to explode when dropped/thrown during death.
I never got used to grenades not exploding when I died while cooking one. Halo 1 even had it proper.
post #5688 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I actually really, I mean really liked MonkeyNinja's idea of going to the other team and just reviving them and watching them drop out. Talk about trolling to the letter T. I honestly think I might have to try that.

Zath wouldn't know what he was missing! Zath also would have liked Rush on Firestorm last night. Our team had no pilot, so that left the enemy pilot, who wasn't too good, to just completely destroy our vehicles.

With rush on maps like Firestorm and Caspian (did Caspian have Jets last night?) it might be time for Zath and Spyder to join the neverending ball of fun that is BF4.

So in the end it's the same old same old eh?

Spyder won't do rush - it's too "easy" to get kills.

Me, I'm all about it.

In any case... still have lots of games to play!
post #5689 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Zath, you and Spyder did right by not buying this shyte, console is great, game sucks nuts. I was optimistic at first but each patch and map pack just makes this turd smell worse. I'm really debating whether or not I want to delete it and never look back. I hate to come in here and gripe constantly which is about all I can muster anymore regarding BF. Bad thing is that I like playing with the crew and try to tolerate this. At the same time I'm thinking how much of a waste of my time it is and how I could be playing something, you know, fun.
post #5690 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Today, I managed to evade the the "death trap" on metro. I was killed, revived and killed several times without incident. It did take a little while to be able to spawn, maybe 30 sec. Maybe there is something specific which trigger the death trap besides just the death, revive, death.

I seem to be able to play about 10 games and then I get a crash. I played this morning with Neo and we had a great team. I set spawn beacons & M-TUGS near the flags in enemy territory and then just camped them for the relatively easy defends. I'm amazed how many played fail to take out the M-TUGS, although sometimes they might be hard to find. smile.gif

post #5691 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Zath, you and Spyder did right by not buying this shyte, console is great, game sucks nuts. I was optimistic at first but each patch and map pack just makes this turd smell worse. I'm really debating whether or not I want to delete it and never look back. I hate to come in here and gripe constantly which is about all I can muster anymore regarding BF. Bad thing is that I like playing with the crew and try to tolerate this. At the same time I'm thinking how much of a waste of my time it is and how I could be playing something, you know, fun.

The thing is, if/when they ever get around to fixing it, we might be very tired of the game and ready to move on anyway. As you say, the only real saving grace is when we have a great team of friends.

post #5692 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

And I think that is what pisses me off so much. BF3 was a good unifying experience we all shared. Now we all sit in chat and listen to BS deaths and bluescreens rather than bragging about who the better team player is (Nexus) or whose kid just popped out. tongue.gif
emartins likes this.
post #5693 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
So, our are XB1 and PC brethren still having such PITA issues?

I'm sort of in a bind ATM. I bought the game digitally so I'm stuck with it, but I know most of you already have premium and will be playing the new maps and CTF mode quite a bit. I really don't want to give EA any more cash due to their inability to resolve these issues we've had, but at the same time I am stuck with the game and do still want to keep playing with everyone.

Do I fork over the cash to get the DLC and just refuse to preorder going forward, or do stand firm?
post #5694 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

Is premium worth the coin for second assault? A$74 is pretty pricey.

Depends who you ask wink.gif Some of us really like this game and others not so much.

I thought China Rising was ok, but I don't ever feel like playing those maps for some reason. Second assault maps seem cool (I've only played them once), and something I would buy if I didn't own them already.

Is premium worth it? Probably not for any number of legit reasons. But if you like the game more than you hate it, you don't mind rewarding EA/Dice for half-assed work, then yeah it's worth price for new maps and early access.

post #5695 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

So, our are XB1 and PC brethren still having such PITA issues?

I'm sort of in a bind ATM. I bought the game digitally so I'm stuck with it, but I know most of you already have premium and will be playing the new maps and CTF mode quite a bit. I really don't want to give EA any more cash due to their inability to resolve these issues we've had, but at the same time I am stuck with the game and do still want to keep playing with everyone.

Do I fork over the cash to get the DLC and just refuse to preorder going forward, or do stand firm?

My experience with BF3 and premium:

1. New DLC comes out 2 weeks early for premium users.

2. 2 weeks later, I buy DLC b/c I didn't buy premium.

3. All my friends are tired with the game modes that are broken or garbage (tank superiority, anyone?)

4. All we play are vanilla/back to karkand maps.

Rinse and repeat with each new DLC.

Aside from assignments and new guns, premium wasn't a great value to me. Of course, if I knew ahead of time that each of the DLCs would be multiplayer based only (the rumor originally was one co-op and one singleplayer), AND/OR they chose any DLC to release other than stupid Cramped Quarters, I probably would've picked up premium.

So use this as your litmus test - after 2 weeks, are your friends still playing the new maps, or are they back to playing vanilla?
post #5696 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

With the lack of private servers, people will choose to play vanilla maps because of the larger map rotation. The small map rotations get old quick.
kjr39 likes this.

post #5697 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

The thing is, if/when they ever get around to fixing it, we might be very tired of the game and ready to move on anyway. As you say, the only real saving grace is when we have a great team of friends.

My saving grace has been to stop playing it and hope if it gets fixed, it will be like a new game to me. Miss playing with you guys, and being a Battlefield groupie, it hurts me to say this game is a steaming pile of ****.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #5698 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

My experience with BF3 and premium:

1. New DLC comes out 2 weeks early for premium users.
2. 2 weeks later, I buy DLC b/c I didn't buy premium.
3. All my friends are tired with the game modes that are broken or garbage (tank superiority, anyone?)
4. All we play are vanilla/back to karkand maps.

Rinse and repeat with each new DLC.

Aside from assignments and new guns, premium wasn't a great value to me. Of course, if I knew ahead of time that each of the DLCs would be multiplayer based only (the rumor originally was one co-op and one singleplayer), AND/OR they chose any DLC to release other than stupid Cramped Quarters, I probably would've picked up premium.

So use this as your litmus test - after 2 weeks, are your friends still playing the new maps, or are they back to playing vanilla?

True, but it seemed the BF3 CTF mode and maps were a huge hit. We played a lot of that.

I'm thinking Second Assault is going to be like that since it includes the best maps from the last iteration and CTF. Then you have Naval Assault bringing back Titan (base attacks) and centered around water / island maps; I'm thinking that's going to be quite popular. So we're up to $30.

Dragons Teeth is COD CQC and will be a bust since were all a PTFO crowd. Final Stand they're keeping secret, because it'll make people like me second guess which is the better financial option. A small $5 difference to get them all and premium, or $30 flat because SA and NA were the only ones worth the coin.
post #5699 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Depends who you ask wink.gif Some of us really like this game and others not so much.

I thought China Rising was ok, but I don't ever feel like playing those maps for some reason. Second assault maps seem cool (I've only played them once), and something I would buy if I didn't own them already.

Is premium worth it? Probably not for any number of legit reasons. But if you like the game more than you hate it, you don't mind rewarding EA/Dice for half-assed work, then yeah it's worth price for new maps and early access.

That's pretty much where I am. I bought it, probably wouldn't buy it again if I had to do it over.

I've never played the china rising maps because my friends' list (you guys) only play vanilla.

Salminella Now Better with Kinect: 360 PSN

Official member and mascot of the AVS' Xbox 360 Elite Club of Awesomeness
post #5700 of 8547 Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

You can buy $50 PSN cards on eBay for $40, so that lowers your bill $10, that's what I did to pay for my PSN plus membership. I bought my PS4 from best buy, and earned $10 in rewards, which I used to by the BF4 premium card from them.

Edit, seems I purchased the PNS plus card for $40 on ebay, not the PSN $50 card.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page