Battlefield 4 - Page 190 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Home Theater Gaming > PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4

PlayStation Area

lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
01:44 PM Liked: 544
post #5671 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 5,031
Joined: Feb 2008
If this game had any credibility left to me its gone after last night. Metro didn't need the tunnel they put in, it needs one from outside in. They added a bonus you can't play because you got revived. I mean this this is such garbage. So I feel 100% guilt free exploiting this borked pos. Hey at least I'm still playing it and EA can add a +1 to another satisfied customer. rolleyes.gif
mphfrom77's Avatar mphfrom77
02:04 PM Liked: 223
post #5672 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 3,792
Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Gotta give props to MPH. His spawn beacon placement on Metro was AWESOME! We must have had the enemies wondering where we were coming from the whole match!

I've played a lot of Metro. When your team can't push through, if you want to win the match, you must plan on running through as fast as you can. Plan to die a lot and feel stupid doing it over and over. But if you can get through and setup a beacon, and have a full squad spawn off of it over and over, you will definitely cause major problems for the enemy. Hopefully your team can take advantage of the enemy having to pull guys off the front line. I've seen it swing matches on Metro time and time again. Plus it's just more fun than standing and throwing grenades and shooting from the same spot. Though a slow and steady push is necessary too. But I think too many people get complacent on Metro just going for kills and they kind of forget to keep inching forward.

Also it is pretty common in CTF mode for your squad to get wiped and then you're left spawning at the base, literally a mile away. I think a beacon in CTF mode might be the way I lean towards, especially once I get the hang of how the maps play out with it.

I think I like CTF with 64 players on these new / old 2014 bf3 rehashed maps.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven
02:50 PM Liked: 62
post #5673 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 4,896
Joined: Nov 2002
I'm still amazed you were able to get thru to plant it.
HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper
04:08 PM Liked: 26
post #5674 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 291
Joined: Aug 2004
I tried to play three times, but each time my load out and unlocks were missing. Closed out between each one, but no dice (unintended pun).
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz
04:23 PM Liked: 61
post #5675 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 3,530
Joined: Feb 2008
I don't have prime and haven't played these maps, but the answer is smokes. Of course, my answer for any objective is smokes so beware.
Nima's Avatar Nima
04:29 PM Liked: 90
post #5676 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 1,202
Joined: May 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I don't have prime and haven't played these maps, but the answer is smokes. Of course, my answer for any objective is smokes so beware.

Smokes? Like the cigars Lo is going to get Lazy? biggrin.gif


Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo
05:12 PM Liked: 249
post #5677 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 1,771
Joined: Jun 2007
Lag explained:


Mud76's Avatar Mud76
07:07 PM Liked: 91
post #5678 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 228
Joined: Apr 2013
Is premium worth the coin for second assault? A$74 is pretty pricey.
emartins's Avatar emartins
07:39 PM Liked: 545
post #5679 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 4,262
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Lag explained:



After watching this video I admit I stopped listening after the first minute. I was impressed at his headshot ability with the recon. I know hes on a PC but man was he dominating with that thing.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo
08:05 PM Liked: 249
post #5680 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 1,771
Joined: Jun 2007
He was ripping it up.

Basically said he saying what already has been said, that the netcode sucks, and went on to explain why it won't get any better - ever. So enjoy the lag. It's the game's fault.
emartins's Avatar emartins
08:16 PM Liked: 545
post #5681 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 4,262
Joined: Feb 2007
Its not the games fault. Its us not them.


Whos playing tonight? Would of been on sooner but having fun with Titanfall
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON
08:21 PM Liked: 561
post #5682 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 9,505
Joined: Mar 2007
I might get on if I am not to lazy to switch my wifi over to my phone. It is annoying enough of a switch that it can put me off from playing.

Killzone at $30 is tempting me, but with my internet situation I can't see myself playing many reflex intensive games. Hopefully the FFXIV beta doesn't use a ton of data and doesn't have daily multi gig patches like the PS3 beta did...
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven
09:58 PM Liked: 62
post #5683 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 4,896
Joined: Nov 2002
10 games won in a row tonight before I blue screened. Thanks for the rock and roll. smile.gif It was great fun. We were doing great on the new maps.

I was trying to take a page out of the MPH ReCon book and plant spawn beacons in some clever spots. Those cargo boxes with the doors at either end are really sweet if they are slight off the heavily traveled path. On Firestorm at the A flag, I tried putting the beacon in the building near the main A building, but it kept getting found. Then I put it in the cargo box just out to the less traveled side of A and it stayed there the rest of the game. I noticed the spawn beacon no longer survives if you switch classes when spawning in. How long has that been changed? I ask because it seemed like the beacon used to remain until it was destroyed. Now you have to remain in ReCon class to have the beacon remain. Not a problem, just making a note for those who like to run recon and drop beacons.

I tried running the ACE 53 SV DMR again and it was fun, but I was losing way to many fights. Maybe if I stuck with it longer and practiced on the range it would get better. Also, maybe it was the new maps. Maybe I should give some of the older maps a spin with the DMR.

The MTAR-21 is still very nice even if it has been patched. I'm just gonna grind that out to 1k kills and then see where to go from there. Probably the AK-5C and ACW-R to 1K kills.
tfoltz's Avatar tfoltz
10:18 PM Liked: 61
post #5684 of 9869
02-19-2014 | Posts: 3,530
Joined: Feb 2008
I think the beacon has always automatically destroyed when you switch off of recon.
GatorRican's Avatar GatorRican
07:16 AM Liked: 18
post #5685 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 230
Joined: Jul 2012
you guys have probably already covered this but if i fire an RPG or SRAW at a tank and the tank kills me AFTER I've clearly fired said missile, but before said missile explodes... will my missile land on tank or disappear?

twice last night it disappeared and tanks kept on with 27 health.....
ThumperII's Avatar ThumperII
07:52 AM Liked: 178
post #5686 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 1,577
Joined: Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorRican View Post

you guys have probably already covered this but if i fire an RPG or SRAW at a tank and the tank kills me AFTER I've clearly fired said missile, but before said missile explodes... will my missile land on tank or disappear?

twice last night it disappeared and tanks kept on with 27 health.....

No, missiles will either plow into the ground or dissolve upon death. It seems my grenades do the same thing.

Can you tell who works for EA? They are the ones that earned trolling.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8
08:25 AM Liked: 298
post #5687 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 1,962
Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

No, missiles will either plow into the ground or dissolve upon death. It seems my grenades do the same thing.

Grenades? Really?
In BF3 there was a patch like 12 months later that fix grenades to explode when dropped/thrown during death.
I never got used to grenades not exploding when I died while cooking one. Halo 1 even had it proper.
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath
10:06 AM Liked: 77
post #5688 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 5,309
Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I actually really, I mean really liked MonkeyNinja's idea of going to the other team and just reviving them and watching them drop out. Talk about trolling to the letter T. I honestly think I might have to try that.

Zath wouldn't know what he was missing! Zath also would have liked Rush on Firestorm last night. Our team had no pilot, so that left the enemy pilot, who wasn't too good, to just completely destroy our vehicles.

With rush on maps like Firestorm and Caspian (did Caspian have Jets last night?) it might be time for Zath and Spyder to join the neverending ball of fun that is BF4.

So in the end it's the same old same old eh?

Spyder won't do rush - it's too "easy" to get kills.

Me, I'm all about it.

In any case... still have lots of games to play!
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
10:22 AM Liked: 544
post #5689 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 5,031
Joined: Feb 2008
Zath, you and Spyder did right by not buying this shyte, console is great, game sucks nuts. I was optimistic at first but each patch and map pack just makes this turd smell worse. I'm really debating whether or not I want to delete it and never look back. I hate to come in here and gripe constantly which is about all I can muster anymore regarding BF. Bad thing is that I like playing with the crew and try to tolerate this. At the same time I'm thinking how much of a waste of my time it is and how I could be playing something, you know, fun.
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven
10:23 AM Liked: 62
post #5690 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 4,896
Joined: Nov 2002
Today, I managed to evade the the "death trap" on metro. I was killed, revived and killed several times without incident. It did take a little while to be able to spawn, maybe 30 sec. Maybe there is something specific which trigger the death trap besides just the death, revive, death.

I seem to be able to play about 10 games and then I get a crash. I played this morning with Neo and we had a great team. I set spawn beacons & M-TUGS near the flags in enemy territory and then just camped them for the relatively easy defends. I'm amazed how many played fail to take out the M-TUGS, although sometimes they might be hard to find. smile.gif
Bytehoven's Avatar Bytehoven
10:26 AM Liked: 62
post #5691 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 4,896
Joined: Nov 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Zath, you and Spyder did right by not buying this shyte, console is great, game sucks nuts. I was optimistic at first but each patch and map pack just makes this turd smell worse. I'm really debating whether or not I want to delete it and never look back. I hate to come in here and gripe constantly which is about all I can muster anymore regarding BF. Bad thing is that I like playing with the crew and try to tolerate this. At the same time I'm thinking how much of a waste of my time it is and how I could be playing something, you know, fun.

The thing is, if/when they ever get around to fixing it, we might be very tired of the game and ready to move on anyway. As you say, the only real saving grace is when we have a great team of friends.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5
10:36 AM Liked: 544
post #5692 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 5,031
Joined: Feb 2008
And I think that is what pisses me off so much. BF3 was a good unifying experience we all shared. Now we all sit in chat and listen to BS deaths and bluescreens rather than bragging about who the better team player is (Nexus) or whose kid just popped out. tongue.gif
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII
11:17 AM Liked: 832
post #5693 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 10,114
Joined: Apr 2006
So, our are XB1 and PC brethren still having such PITA issues?

I'm sort of in a bind ATM. I bought the game digitally so I'm stuck with it, but I know most of you already have premium and will be playing the new maps and CTF mode quite a bit. I really don't want to give EA any more cash due to their inability to resolve these issues we've had, but at the same time I am stuck with the game and do still want to keep playing with everyone.

Do I fork over the cash to get the DLC and just refuse to preorder going forward, or do stand firm?
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo
11:37 AM Liked: 249
post #5694 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 1,771
Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

Is premium worth the coin for second assault? A$74 is pretty pricey.

Depends who you ask wink.gif Some of us really like this game and others not so much.

I thought China Rising was ok, but I don't ever feel like playing those maps for some reason. Second assault maps seem cool (I've only played them once), and something I would buy if I didn't own them already.

Is premium worth it? Probably not for any number of legit reasons. But if you like the game more than you hate it, you don't mind rewarding EA/Dice for half-assed work, then yeah it's worth price for new maps and early access.
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath
11:41 AM Liked: 77
post #5695 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 5,309
Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

So, our are XB1 and PC brethren still having such PITA issues?

I'm sort of in a bind ATM. I bought the game digitally so I'm stuck with it, but I know most of you already have premium and will be playing the new maps and CTF mode quite a bit. I really don't want to give EA any more cash due to their inability to resolve these issues we've had, but at the same time I am stuck with the game and do still want to keep playing with everyone.

Do I fork over the cash to get the DLC and just refuse to preorder going forward, or do stand firm?

My experience with BF3 and premium:

1. New DLC comes out 2 weeks early for premium users.

2. 2 weeks later, I buy DLC b/c I didn't buy premium.

3. All my friends are tired with the game modes that are broken or garbage (tank superiority, anyone?)

4. All we play are vanilla/back to karkand maps.

Rinse and repeat with each new DLC.

Aside from assignments and new guns, premium wasn't a great value to me. Of course, if I knew ahead of time that each of the DLCs would be multiplayer based only (the rumor originally was one co-op and one singleplayer), AND/OR they chose any DLC to release other than stupid Cramped Quarters, I probably would've picked up premium.

So use this as your litmus test - after 2 weeks, are your friends still playing the new maps, or are they back to playing vanilla?
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo
11:47 AM Liked: 249
post #5696 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 1,771
Joined: Jun 2007
With the lack of private servers, people will choose to play vanilla maps because of the larger map rotation. The small map rotations get old quick.
ballen420's Avatar ballen420
11:50 AM Liked: 29
post #5697 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 3,745
Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

The thing is, if/when they ever get around to fixing it, we might be very tired of the game and ready to move on anyway. As you say, the only real saving grace is when we have a great team of friends.

My saving grace has been to stop playing it and hope if it gets fixed, it will be like a new game to me. Miss playing with you guys, and being a Battlefield groupie, it hurts me to say this game is a steaming pile of ****.
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII
12:36 PM Liked: 832
post #5698 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 10,114
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

My experience with BF3 and premium:

1. New DLC comes out 2 weeks early for premium users.
2. 2 weeks later, I buy DLC b/c I didn't buy premium.
3. All my friends are tired with the game modes that are broken or garbage (tank superiority, anyone?)
4. All we play are vanilla/back to karkand maps.

Rinse and repeat with each new DLC.

Aside from assignments and new guns, premium wasn't a great value to me. Of course, if I knew ahead of time that each of the DLCs would be multiplayer based only (the rumor originally was one co-op and one singleplayer), AND/OR they chose any DLC to release other than stupid Cramped Quarters, I probably would've picked up premium.

So use this as your litmus test - after 2 weeks, are your friends still playing the new maps, or are they back to playing vanilla?

True, but it seemed the BF3 CTF mode and maps were a huge hit. We played a lot of that.

I'm thinking Second Assault is going to be like that since it includes the best maps from the last iteration and CTF. Then you have Naval Assault bringing back Titan (base attacks) and centered around water / island maps; I'm thinking that's going to be quite popular. So we're up to $30.

Dragons Teeth is COD CQC and will be a bust since were all a PTFO crowd. Final Stand they're keeping secret, because it'll make people like me second guess which is the better financial option. A small $5 difference to get them all and premium, or $30 flat because SA and NA were the only ones worth the coin.
kjr39's Avatar kjr39
12:38 PM Liked: 68
post #5699 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 2,764
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Depends who you ask wink.gif Some of us really like this game and others not so much.

I thought China Rising was ok, but I don't ever feel like playing those maps for some reason. Second assault maps seem cool (I've only played them once), and something I would buy if I didn't own them already.

Is premium worth it? Probably not for any number of legit reasons. But if you like the game more than you hate it, you don't mind rewarding EA/Dice for half-assed work, then yeah it's worth price for new maps and early access.

That's pretty much where I am. I bought it, probably wouldn't buy it again if I had to do it over.

I've never played the china rising maps because my friends' list (you guys) only play vanilla.
dbailey75's Avatar dbailey75
01:40 PM Liked: 39
post #5700 of 9869
02-20-2014 | Posts: 684
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post


Do I fork over the cash to get the DLC and just refuse to preorder going forward, or do stand firm?


You can buy $50 PSN cards on eBay for $40, so that lowers your bill $10, that's what I did to pay for my PSN plus membership. I bought my PS4 from best buy, and earned $10 in rewards, which I used to by the BF4 premium card from them.

Edit, seems I purchased the PNS plus card for $40 on ebay, not the PSN $50 card.
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

Reply PlayStation Area

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3