post #721 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

told myself from the get go this time around though that I would be doing a pre-order and not chancing it because honestly I am a little old now to be sitting out front of BB for 12+ hours to get a gaming console.

Ha! Off topic, but I literally just did this a month ago in front of my fav (read best value) southwestern grille burrito restaurant to get free burritos for a year. Man it was rough...and hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

Ah man, the memories...I also remember it like it was yesterday. I was one of those unlucky people that had to sit in line for about 12+ hours to get me a 360 on launch because I was an idiot and did not reserve it. It was a cold rainy night in the Philly area that night and even though I was in rain clothes, had a chair and people bring me and my buddy food it was still a horrible night. We did not have any fights or anything, but not allowing yourself to fall asleep because god only know what would happen made it a bad night.

There were not too any fights and people didn't butt in line for the most part, but then again there were only about 50-60 people in line and not hundreds like your store if I remember correctly. A group of guys actually set up a pop up tent and had Madden tournaments going all night so that did help the time go by a little faster. All I remember was praying to God once the sun started coming up knowing that my night of agony was almost over. I told myself from the get go this time around though that I would be doing a pre-order and not chancing it because honestly I am a little old now to be sitting out front of BB for 12+ hours to get a gaming console.

Yeah Smigro preordering is the way to go. I witnessed how miserable and terrible camping out really could be. I remember chatting with a few people in the front of the line that evening and truthfully a good 7 or 8 were actually moms and dads who were camping out so they had the best shot of snagging a console so their kids could be guaranteed one for XMAS. Those in the front of the line had been camping for 48+ hrs before the launch. Crazy! But attending a launch party for something as big as a console is extremely fun especially when your guaranteed a unit.

I'm glad I didn't preorder online especially where shipping was going to be involved. I too have the misfortune of having a UPS route that delivers my expected shipments very late in the evening or usually next day after the promised delivery date. I couldn't deal with the anxiety of waiting so long for something so anticipated especially when I have a Best Buy literally three minutes from my house.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #723 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 689
post #724 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Loving that they nixed the guided RPG/SMAW. Whoever's idea that was in the first place is a major jack in the rear.
post #725 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
could someone paste the article for us who are blocked at work?
post #726 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Loving that they nixed the guided RPG/SMAW. Whoever's idea that was in the first place is a major jack in the rear.
I'd say it was a good 4 or 5 days into the "open" beta before people even realized it was possible with the help of a recon, and still that would only be like one guy on the server of 24.
My experience is based on limited hits while flying the chopper.
post #727 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I'd say it was a good 4 or 5 days into the "open" beta before people even realized it was possible with the help of a recon, and still that would only be like one guy on the server of 24.
Yea my 13yo told me about it a week into it. I thought it was pretty cheap...
post #728 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Pasted Beta changes below

Low frame rate/stuttering PC players may have experienced trouble in the Beta getting the game running at a good frame rate. Rest assured that we’re using the information we received to optimize the performance for the launch of the game. We also released three game client updates and a number of game server updates during the Beta to address some of these issues and to gather more information to ensure a smoother launch.

Stuck on loading screen

We have identified some of the reasons why players, mainly on PC, were getting stuck on the loading screen and are currently working around the clock to decrease the rate at which this occurs. The latest PC patch for the Beta helped for some players and we are confident we will be able to minimize this issue for launch.

High CPU usage during the Beta

CPU usage could sometimes skyrocket for dual, quad and six-core processors. We identified some of the reasons and released three patches with fixes that went live during the Beta, to address the problems. This was a true Beta, and as such all the crash reports that were generated during this period will actually help us make a better game.

Controller layouts (X360/PS3)

We’ve increased the available controller options in Battlefield 4, including the new controller layout and multiple alternatives that we hope will make you feel right at home. If you’re more comfortable with the controls from Battlefield 3, we’ve got you covered. Just by bringing up the options menu, you can choose the “Legacy” layout, which is similar to that in Battlefield 3.

Empty server listings (X360/PS3)

While in the Server Browser you may have seen lists of empty servers. By changing the filter options, you’ll be able to find populated servers that you can join. You can also use the “Quick Match” function to quickly get into the action.

The elevator catapult (All platforms)

Although an interesting concept, elevators were never designed to act as a catapult or teleporter. The bug where the elevator button would catapult you up into the air is fixed for the final game. But we did enjoy all the crazy videos you’ve posted. Thanks!

Gameplay balancing

We are still balancing gameplay, and in true DICE fashion will continue to do so well after the release of Battlefield 4. Below are just some of the gameplay changes based on your feedback that we’re making in time for the launch of the game.

Infantry Changes

-Fixed how the player only receives a single local damage sound effect if he or she was the victim of a quick, clean kill. The sound and camera impact effect had too long a cool down between hits. This should improve the responsiveness of being killed and taking damage.

-Reduced the fire rate of the AK12 in burst from 1000rpm to 750rpm. The rate of fire was too high when combined with the low recoil of the weapon, making it more powerful than intended in burst mode.

-Tweaked the compensator and muzzle brake so they’re properly less accurate in sustained automatic fire.

-Reduced and rebalanced full auto accuracy based on rate of fire for all automatic weapons to balance low ROF weapons. Low ROF weapons were remaining accurate long enough to get easy kills outside of their intended optimal range.

-Increased the default throw distance of the portable ammo and med packs. This makes it easier to throw these packs to teammates.

-Portable ammo packs now reload 2 magazines of bullets instantly and up a total of 4 magazines per pack over time. The player must stay on top of the ammo pack in order to benefit from all of the ammo reloading. Grenades, RPG’s, and other explosive launchers do not benefit from the instant reload function of the Ammo Pack.

-Increased the muzzle flash of the 25mm and 40mm launchers to make their threat position more visible.

-Fixed an issue where the knife stab didn’t align with the kill event.

-The revive time has been increased from 7s to 10s.

Vehicle Changes

-Fixed some descriptions of weapons for vehicles that incorrectly described the function of the weapon.

-Increased the damage of the Stinger and IGLA to 3 hits to kill attack choppers (was 25%, now 35%).

-Increased the speed of all TOW guided missiles to 75m/s from 50m/s so they can catch-up to fast vehicles like the Quad bike.

-Increased the sustained fire accuracy of the Coaxial LMG on armored vehicles because it was underpowered.

-Reduced the damage the 40mm and 25mm infantry weapons do to armored vehicles to highlight their anti-infantry role.

-Reduced the damage main gun on the IFVs against other armor to highlight their primarily anti-infantry role.

-Fixed an issue where the tank main gun did not correctly hit the center of the crosshair at all times.

-Multiple options are now available for controlling how your vehicles steer with a joystick on all platforms, as well as improved the responsiveness of steering while accelerating.

Locking Weapon Changes

-RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced.

-Fixed some projectiles not warning vehicles when they were fired on a Laser Designated target. Reduced the lock on distance for RPGs, SMAW, and MBT LAW missiles to 350m from 500m. This gives the IGLA the clear long range AA role for soldiers, and keeps the team play element of Laser Designation.

-All Laser Designated missiles now do a maximum of 90% damage to Attack and Scout helicopters (down from 100%). This was done to give helicopters a chance to use their Fire Extinguisher countermeasure even against Laser Designated weapons.

General Changes

-The kill string in the score log now appears sooner, making the UI more responsive to a kill event.

-The aim assist on X360/PS3 has been tweaked to be more consistent at all ranges. The assist was over powerful at close range, and not powerful enough at medium range. Players should now find that close combat requires much more player input and the snap to a target is far less forgiving. At medium range the player should experience a bit more assistance tracking targets, but generally still reduced aim assist effectiveness.

PC Specific Changes

-Fixed a string in On Foot PC key bindings that should have read “CROUCH (TOGGLE) / PRONE (HOLD)”.

-Removed an unused “Underslung” key binding on PC, the “Select Gadget 1″ key binding now controls both of these actions as expected.

Mitch Dyer is an Associate Editor at IGN. He’s currently reading Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House. Follow him on Twitter, follow him on IGN, and listen to him on Podcast Unlocked.
post #729 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I don't get how they said they removed lock on guidance for RPGs and SMAWs then right after it says they reduced the lock on distance?

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #730 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

I don't get how they said they removed lock on guidance for RPGs and SMAWs then right after it says they reduced the lock on distance?

I noticed that. Total contradiction.

post #731 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

I

:-P actually I switched to hardcore a year ago and almost only played on the joker 30 server. Just couldn't go back to normal though I'm not a fanboy of either. Seem like apples and oranges gameplay

Sorry I meant normal stick layout vs inverted.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #732 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Those changes look okay.

I didn't know the AK-12 had a special burst fire mode, I wish I would have tried it because I was a big AN-94 fan.

I was surprised how many times I got killed in a tank by an Assault class's 320. Also got killed in a tank by the Support class's Airburst gun thing.

I had a bunch of trouble killing infantry with tanks, both as the driver and the gunner. Sounds like it might be easier to track the on foot enemy as a gunner, but I had just figured I was bad at that with me being new to pc.

I think they figured most people would not take the time to unlock a Javelin, and even if they did they would not use it as much. Or maybe they were just trying it out with the RPG lock on thing. Or maybe they were just showing people what team work is like. IDK.

We'll see what happens when the game releases.

I've seen people say to preorder a PS4 from Best Buy, but I went online and I can't preorder from Best Buy for delivery or an instore pickup. I just had a b-day yesterday and got some BB giftcards. So again, what should I do to get them from Best Buy? I might email Best Buy and see what they tell me.
post #733 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I used the burst fire mode almost exclusively, the guns ate ammo too fast to not use it.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #734 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 399
MPH you can probably just go buy one at release. Sony acts like they will have enough.

Anybody know what premium gets us day one? I'm really considering Killzone and picking up premium later when DLC comes. Distinct possibility I end up with both but I'm weighing options.
post #735 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

I've seen people say to preorder a PS4 from Best Buy, but I went online and I can't preorder from Best Buy for delivery or an instore pickup. I just had a b-day yesterday and got some BB giftcards. So again, what should I do to get them from Best Buy? I might email Best Buy and see what they tell me.

Wait a minute! You build a billion dollar computer and then are going to use a PS4? Sounds like you should join Congress with Lazy! eek.gif
post #736 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post

Yea my 13yo told me about it a week into it. I thought it was pretty cheap...

IMO it encouraged team play AND maybe most importantly helps the engineer not get stuck with a stinger with nothing to shoot for five min while tanks roll unstoppable through mcoms. I have suicided several times in rush just to bring a javelin back to address tanks after the chopper was down.
post #737 of 9237 Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Wait a minute! You build a billion dollar computer and then are going to use a PS4? Sounds like you should join Congress with Lazy! eek.gif

This reminds, I've been meaning to ask you, didn't you buy a graphics card a while back? Have you started using yet?

Oh and Congress doesn't pay enough for Lazy, but I would do it if the people wanted me to.
post #738 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 391
I would vote for you MPH.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #739 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know man, more than a couple matches I played had guys camped out on the roofs doing nothing but spamming those guided RPG's at anything armor related they could. IMHO there is enough fire and forget weapons in the game that there was no need to ever think about making RPG/SMAW's guided in any way.
post #740 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IMO it encouraged team play AND maybe most importantly helps the engineer not get stuck with a stinger with nothing to shoot for five min while tanks roll unstoppable through mcoms. I have suicided several times in rush just to bring a javelin back to address tanks after the chopper was down.

IMHO you just need to get better at using the RPG/SMAW against air vehicles. Not that I am the best, but I did get pretty proficient at taking out choppers with the RPG in BF3. Every one is entitled to their opinion and IMHO having the RPG and SMAW guided is just way too unbalanced. The engineer should not have one weapon that can lock onto every piece of armor on the map. To me team work is having a few guys with RPG, a few with the IGLA and a few with the Javelin, not having a recon player lazeing targets for 20 guys with RPG's.
post #741 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:

eek.gif Why on Earth would you suicide rather than man-up and go de-repair the tank to death? eek.gif

confused.gif Or simply carry the Jav in the first place if you're only using the Stinger "once every 5 minutes?" confused.gif

Honestly, I wish they'd do away with guided crap altogether. As I've said so very many times, you can either aim or you can't. Period. I'd venture that less than 0.01% of my deaths in tanks were from Javs. Maybe 1% from RPGs. The majority of daywalker-related deaths came from C4 and De-repairs. I applaud those with balls enough to charge my tank. Hidey-holers? I scoff at those guys, wasting time while I throw smoke, shoot them in their camping little heads, and move on.

I don't mind daywalkers having Stingers. Aiming with accuracy at something that operates on a 3D plane is far harder than shooting tanks on 2D. I get it. Equally so, jets shouldn't have cheat-seekers either. 3D versus 3D...dogfight it out, chumps. If DICE wants to give guided RPGs out, then balance that with tanks having heat-seeking machine guns with bullets that lock onto and track hidey-holers when the driver looks in their direction. Seems fair to me. Utterly ridiculous, but fair.

Stinger + Repair Tool = Ability to kill all vehicles. Easy enough.
post #742 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

This reminds, I've been meaning to ask you, didn't you buy a graphics card a while back? Have you started using yet?

Oh and Congress doesn't pay enough for Lazy, but I would do it if the people wanted me to.

Lolz. Yeah, I FINALLY got my computer hooked up, having bought it some 6 months ago. I bought the card soon after. I haven't done anything on it yet though. I have a real habit of buying things and letting them sit for months before I use them. I got a new receiver, speakers, desktop, laptop, wall mount, headset, camera, and some other things over the past 180 days and not one of them have even been unboxed yet. redface.gif

As for congress, never mind. You would suck at it...given that you want to do "what the people want" and not just serve your own needs. That said, Lazy would be great!* biggrin.gif

*He did fight the losing battle and then cave (er, I mean, "change his opinion") after all. tongue.gif
post #743 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Now, I'm pretty sure I have heard you be pretty upset at how accurate some people can be with there RPG. I'm also guessing you haven't used a stinger in a while, because it takes zero skill and works 99.9% of the time. For me I could use a Javelin because it became broken on 360, for me at least. I would venture 1 out of 4 maybe 5 times it would do what it was supposed to. I hate trying to use Javelins.

Well there is a little bit of time left before BF4. We should do some AVS PC BF3.

BTW, when I think of stingers, I think of this guy doing the lock on tone himself.....beep beep beep beep ...it's at the 3:25 mark btw
post #744 of 9237 Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Mph as an avid AN94 user, I really liked the Ak12 burst mode. Shame it got nerfed. mad.gif

I really hope they bring the AN94 back with the Second Assault dlc.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #745 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Well took an old 20GB 360 to GS that had suffered a RROD out of warranty and had been sitting in my garage for like 4 years. Ended up getting $60 for it with the 30% extra towards a preorder. Got a lot more than I was expecting considering it was broken, sitting around collecting dust and taking up space. Paid off PS4 NBA 2K14 for my son's Xmas gift.

post #746 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

I didnt know GS gave credit for RROD consoles! Ive got a original elite in my closet thats jacked up...
post #747 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Oh yea, I took both a dead 360 and a PS3 with broken bluray and they just take $15 off as a refurb fee. Think when I traded mine off they were worth $90 minus the $15 fee, so I got $75 out of otherwise landfill material. It helps to have all the pieces though, they ding you for each missing cable and controller.
post #748 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

It helps to have all the pieces though, they ding you for each missing cable and controller.

You are absolutely correct Nex. I had called prior to going and they told me the exact same thing. Lucky for me, I have a collection of all sorts of 360 cables and parts from all the 360's I've owned (and replaced) throughout the years that I was able to mix and match in order to trade in a complete console set. They even stick it to you if you try to trade in a controller without the AA battery cover.

post #749 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 09:02 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
If anyone has an extra USB door with spring on a fat white 360 that they'd be willing to let go, let me know. GS wants to charge $25 to "refurb" it. Its not even rrod.
I have it listed on craigslist but no legitimate hits yet.

Looking forward to bf4. I got the usb to mic input adapter now, so Nexus I will be able to hear you yelling at me to stop moving the tank so you can rep. Although it may not help since half the time I'm trying to shoot the main cannon but end up hitting the wrong button anyway.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #750 of 9237 Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

If anyone has an extra USB door with spring on a fat white 360 that they'd be willing to let go, let me know. GS wants to charge $25 to "refurb" it. Its not even rrod.
I have it listed on craigslist but no legitimate hits yet...

Wish I'd known about this earlier, Trail. I sold off 500+ faceplates not too long ago on eBay. Still working on getting rid of all the other boxes of parts that have piled up over the years.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page