Battlefield 4 - Page 274 - AVS Forum
First ... 272  273  274 275  276  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 09:41 PM 06-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Separate issue: This forum is now even worse on tablets. Half the page is dedicated to ads even if you're a member.
Yeah it seems like there is no mobile version on tablets. Haven't tried with my smartphone yet to see if the forum is still mobile friendly, on the phone at least. Btw, where did the "thumbs up" icon go?

Yeah, Hardline is kinda meh. There's some new gadgets and equipment that sounds like it could be fun to use but the game just feels somewhat like BF4 with a new skin on it. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing.

Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 09:53 PM 06-11-2014

Been waiting all day to post this!
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 09:57 PM 06-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
great news, no one is going to have to worry about buying BF hardline, because it sucks.. well looks like evolve and destiny (maybe COD) will be getting all my attention...
It was a smooth move by EA, once you get off Hardline and go back to BF you'll have hard-something.

It played pretty smooth, saw some frame rate drops when I was near no one body.

I had fun with Lo, till he told me all this great chat was happening on PSN while AVS was down; I felt like the Noob.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 09:59 PM 06-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Jajajaja as the Brazilians say.
emartins's Avatar emartins 04:31 AM 06-12-2014
Where can I download the PDF on how to use this site?

@lodolfan No more thumbs up, its now a "Like" clicky.

The mobile site SUCKS. Before I could get to all my subscription threads much easier. I don't even know where it is now. Also it takes a little longer on the desktop side as well. I used to like having the link on top.

The quick reply looks like its from Window 3.1.
emartins's Avatar emartins 05:23 AM 06-12-2014
Ok so I found a quicker way to get to my subscriptions.

I feel like Dice took over AVS, give it 6 months and it will be working perfectly.
lordxar5's Avatar lordxar5 05:35 AM 06-12-2014
Woohoo sites back! I'd thumbs up/like your GIF Zath but I can't figure any of this out this early in the AM.
Smigro's Avatar Smigro 06:03 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Damn, so was I!!
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:58 AM 06-12-2014
BF thursday will be happening tonight...
Nima's Avatar Nima 08:04 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Ok so I found a quicker way to get to my subscriptions.

I feel like Dice took over AVS, give it 6 months and it will be working perfectly.
Care to elaborate about the sub thingy please?
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 08:08 AM 06-12-2014
Not digging this new AVS mobile version. May have to go back to using Tapatalk.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:10 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post
Care to elaborate about the sub thingy please?
NO, you can find it on your own like I did.

Up top where you see HOME, FORUMS and all that, the last option is Tools. Place the cursor over it and a drop down menu will show you My Subscriptions. Also clicking on User CP will show you them as well but it only shows the ones with new posts.

I will be on tonight for some BF action. What time we starting.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:11 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Not digging this new AVS mobile version. May have to go back to using Tapatalk.
I hate it. I also read while browsing of all the complaints that they are still working on the site. So we should see changes over the next week. Hopefully they fix the mobile version.
Nima's Avatar Nima 08:15 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
NO, you can find it on your own like I did.

Up top where you see HOME, FORUMS and all that, the last option is Tools. Place the cursor over it and a drop down menu will show you My Subscriptions. Also clicking on User CP will show you them as well but it only shows the ones with new posts.

I will be on tonight for some BF action. What time we starting.
Already found out about that way to see my subs thought you had found a more clever way.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:21 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post
Already found out about that way to see my subs thought you had found a more clever way.
I wish, I miss the links on the bottom of the page to get back to my subs and a few other quick links. I hate having to scroll all the way back up. It would be ok if the bar with the Tools option stayed always at the top of the screen so I could click it anywhere.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 08:30 AM 06-12-2014
will be starting around 7:30 central
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:42 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
will be starting around 7:30 central
OK Boss. See you then.
Smigro's Avatar Smigro 08:59 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
I wish, I miss the links on the bottom of the page to get back to my subs and a few other quick links. I hate having to scroll all the way back up. It would be ok if the bar with the Tools option stayed always at the top of the screen so I could click it anywhere.
There is a forum jump button right below the quick reply to get you back to the sub forum you were on...I just saw this a little bit ago.
emartins's Avatar emartins 09:03 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
There is a forum jump button right below the quick reply to get you back to the sub forum you were on...I just saw this a little bit ago.
I noticed that already. What we had before was right after the last post of the thread on the bottom right you would see a New Posts with an arrow next to it. If you click the arrow you would see some quick links. Similar to the quick links under tools now. I usually only go through the sub threads and once I was bored then I would browse the forum to see what else is going on. But I usually kept busy on the subs. It just seems like more work to get to what I used most before.

Mo Ads Mo Money
Smigro's Avatar Smigro 09:06 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
I noticed that already. What we had before was right after the last post of the thread on the bottom right you would see a New Posts with an arrow next to it. If you click the arrow you would see some quick links. Similar to the quick links under tools now. I usually only go through the sub threads and once I was bored then I would browse the forum to see what else is going on. But I usually kept busy on the subs. It just seems like more work to get to what I used most before.

Mo Ads Mo Money
OK, just wanted to make sure you saw that one. I agree it is not as good as what it used to be but at least I don't have to scroll all the way to the top of the page.
SmokenAshes's Avatar SmokenAshes 09:42 AM 06-12-2014
So is Hardline gonna be a $60 game?
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 10:07 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post
So is Hardline gonna be a $60 game?
it's only worth 20 dollars max...
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 10:10 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
I find it this all OT relevant, since it's broken, like BF was.

From reading comments by the admins, it seems they don't use tablets. Tablets are mobile devices, used by people that move. So now I think all the admins look like:

Attached: south-park-world-of-warcraft.jpg (213.5 KB) 
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 10:13 AM 06-12-2014
Quote:
it's only worth 20 dollars max...
$20 for a fan-made MOD, man Ben you're generous.

"Crav, you're leaking money everywhere." -Lo
jsacevedo's Avatar jsacevedo 10:33 AM 06-12-2014
So I played Hardline last night with Lo, Ben, Crav, and Lo's kid. It's definitely not finished. It felt smooth, but also awkward, and yes, I know that doesn't make any sense. As Lazy accurately predicted, I didn't really like it.

Pros:
  • I liked the Blood Money game mode, it was like CTF where you bring pieces of the flag to the goal and both teams are competing over the same pool of resources, and you can steal from each other.
  • The vehicles play differently from BF4. Road-killing is fun, Hapi would love it.
  • The second seat in the scout chopper equivalent gets a gun, but you cannot repair from inside the chopper.
  • No AA vehicle.
  • You can damage some vehicles with your rifle.
  • You don't have to wait for medics/supports to drop health/ammo. You can actually take it off them.

Cons:
  • There are some hit detection issues, where either I'm not getting hit markers or the hits are not registering. However, that could be a beta issue.
  • The graphics are bad, but it's a beta and they should improve.
  • Noob rockets (stingers) can still lock even when you fly behind a building.
  • Take cover, LOL.
  • Medic class is OP since you can revive yourself.
  • Zip lines and grappling hooks make rooftop camping even easier.

I'm not sure how much I'll play this beta going forward. I prefer BF4.
Nima's Avatar Nima 02:05 PM 06-12-2014
I second the above said. :-)

Also 8 man ballistic shield phalanx on Metro/Locker after DT release?
For Spaaaaartaaa....
Mud76's Avatar Mud76 04:01 PM 06-12-2014
WOOOOHOOOO!

Got my BF4 Plat last night.

First time I've ever platinumed a game
HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper 05:17 PM 06-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
WOOOOHOOOO!

Got my BF4 Plat last night.

First time I've ever patinumed a game
Congrats. One more than I have.
HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper 06:14 PM 06-12-2014
Alright, it's Thursday. BF4 is your Destiny. See you on the Battlefield.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:07 PM 06-12-2014
BF thursday is live...
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 272  273  274 275  276  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop