Forum Jump: 
 414Likes

post #8341 of 9409 Old 06-22-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 415
US should of won that game by at least 3 goals. Portugal doesn't deserve to even be in the World Cup.
Smigro and Cravit8 like this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8342 of 9409 Old 06-22-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Possession wise, one of the best games I have ever seen the US men play. We're finally coming around to equal the quality of play from the rest of the world.

Anybody getting on tonight? I'll be on shortly.
Right on mph, surprisingly solid, level headed gameplay from the US. Just a heartbreaker at the end. My bro and I almost fell off the couch. That's the WC for ya.

My emotion are all confused, my local Dominos did an ESPN bracket challenge and winner gets pizza for a year, I have Portugal and Germany meeting in the final match.
post #8343 of 9409 Old 06-22-2014, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I haven't had Domino's in a few years. I assume their pizzas are still not that good.
post #8344 of 9409 Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
they tried to reinvent themselves with special crusts of joy.

It's still super greasy super acidic cheap pizza.

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8345 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
US should of won that game by at least 3 goals. Portugal doesn't deserve to even be in the World Cup.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #8346 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Neo, do you work for the RIPA? (Random Internet Picture Association)

benjamin-benjami -
post #8347 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Neo, I am trying to get a job like yours. Here is one of my submissions.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8348 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't be mad bro. Just be happy for Germany.

The pictures I posted are from the PT-US game. A German newspaper posted a whole series of Ronaldo pics. lol

Nota bene: Your picture is not working. Submission failed and hereby rejected.

post #8349 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Lazy I think I found the picture you wanted to post:

Although I would have posted this one:

post #8350 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

benjamin-benjami -
post #8351 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:

hahhahahha awesome..
post #8352 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #8353 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I haven't had Domino's in a few years. I assume their pizzas are still not that good.
If you request "no garlic crust" (unhealthy margarine) and get the right non-meat ingredients I give the pizzas a pass. I'd use free pizza for work purposes mostly.

Quote:

Neo, I am trying to get a job like yours. Here is one of my submissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post
Don't be mad bro. Just be happy for Germany.

The pictures I posted are from the PT-US game. A German newspaper posted a whole series of Ronaldo pics. lol

Nota bene: Your picture is not working. Submission failed and hereby rejected.
Not Lazy's fault, posting pictures now to the forum is borked.

Neo, are you nervous for Thursday!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 5.11.25 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	132737  
post #8354 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
USA and Germany should stand around and have a tea party. Sportsmanship is for the weak if you can advance by doing nothing.
Smigro likes this.

PSN: PrankT

post #8355 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post
USA and Germany should stand around and have a tea party. Sportsmanship is for the weak if you can advance by doing nothing.
Haha
That would have applied to Spain vs Aus today, but Thursday is different since goal differential could determine who moves on or at least tourney placement (G1,G2)
post #8356 of 9409 Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Haha
That would have applied to Spain vs Aus today, but Thursday is different since goal differential could determine who moves on or at least tourney placement (G1,G2)
If US and Ger are smart neither team players for a win. A draw guarantees an advance. Sure a US win gets us first but if they try a little to hard it could back fire and we lose. Then Ghana beats Portugal 3-0 and we are out. Smart move is to advance and I have a feeling both teams are going to play for a 0-0 draw. It will be a boring game. Now if Portugal had won yesterday, Thursday would of been a great day to watch soccer. I would of had both tvs out to watch the games.

If Ghana and Portugal had won then Thursday would of been very good to watch. All 4 teams tied in points would of made for a great soccer day.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8357 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

heat will be interesting next year...

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...act-miami-heat
post #8358 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

He will take another pay cut to bring another good player to prove he is the best player. The more players he can bring in the less he needs to run so he won't cramp up as much.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8359 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

so if i was EA CEO, i would dice and everyone else that they are not allowed to talk about BF, period. Every time they talk about BF they sound ignorant. So really, you don't know why BC games are popular? You don't know what made them great? No one ever said things like "the destruction was so much better in BC and in BF3 and 4 you could actually destroy less and the games weren't as good" or "the map design was great for rush and when you make conquest maps and then try to play rush on them (like in BF3 and 4) it doesn't really work." or "the fact that you could destroy all the buildings prevented snipers from camping" or "the wide open maps with various ways to flank an objective was fun" or "the ability to throw a grenade at a wall and blow it up and then go through it allowed for less choke points", etc.. No one ever told them any of this things (man i feel like MPH is rubbing off on me)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-bad-company-3

BY LUKE KARMALIBattlefield: Bad Company developer DICE has explained there's no Bad Company 3 in the works at the moment as it's hard to pin down exactly what people liked about the original two games.

DICE boss Karl-Magnus Troedsson told Eurogamer that this naturally caused something of a problem when you want to go and make a sequel, as the last thing you want to do is ruin a franchise and leave swathes of fans disappointed.

01:20DICE: Battlefield 3's Mistakes, Bad Company Team 'Coming Back'
"We take all this into account when we think about the future, and do franchise strategy," Troedsson said in response to fans wishing we'd seen Bad Company 3 revealed instead of the upcoming Battlefield Hardline. "But there's one thing that lingers with Bad Company that we've been asking ourselves: what is it that the people really liked about Bad Company?

"Some people say they found the multiplayer controls faster and more direct. Some people liked the single-player and the characters and the humour. People love different things about it. It's starting to almost get to that place where, if we were to make a sequel to Bad Company, what would than even imply?

"It's scary to go back and try to remake an old fan favourite when actually no-one can really put their finger on what it is people love. Bringing back the characters and creating a great single-player out of that, sure, I can understand that.

"But some people say this: the Bad Company 2 multiplayer is the best you've ever done. Okay, why is that? It's hard for people to articulate what that is, which is actually hard for us. It would be hard to remake something like that. Can we do it? Of course. We have our theories when it comes to the multiplayer."

01:24EA Explains Why Battlefield 4 Launched With "Unacceptable" Problems
Around a year ago DICE said that the Bad Company brand wasn't in "active development", likely for this very reason. Later in the year, it admitted that focus on other projects like Star Wars: Battlefront were getting in the way, a situation unlikely to have been helped by the troubles with Battlefield 4.

So does this mean we'll never see Bad Company 3? "Well you'll have to wait and see," was Troedsson's reply. "The Bad Company sub brand is something we hold very near and dear. We'll take that into account when we think about the future.

"It's never dead. You can always revive it, as with any TV series, movie or IP. It's going to come down to, if people really want it and if a team inside my group really wants to build it, then sure."
post #8360 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Boy, that was pathetic and they should be embarrassed. Even though the boss appears to be clueless, I would hope the actual designers of Bad Company know.

PSN: PrankT

Last edited by tfoltz; 06-24-2014 at 11:43 AM.
post #8361 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I'd agree with Dice on this one. I only played BC2 after BF3 came out. So any nostalgia or luster just isn't there for me. BF3 was so much better. I get it though, certain games at certain times have that sumpin sumpin. It ain't there for me though. I'd love to have had BF3 on the PS4. BF4 was a train wreck and in hindsight I really liked a lot of what BF3 did. BF4 just isn't the same but six months of being a pos may have skewed my viewset.
Spanglo likes this.
post #8362 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
I'd agree with Dice on this one. I only played BC2 after BF3 came out. So any nostalgia or luster just isn't there for me. BF3 was so much better. I get it though, certain games at certain times have that sumpin sumpin. It ain't there for me though. I'd love to have had BF3 on the PS4. BF4 was a train wreck and in hindsight I really liked a lot of what BF3 did. BF4 just isn't the same but six months of being a pos may have skewed my viewset.
Feel the same for the most part. BC2 was my first "battlefield" game, and I found BF3 to be the better game in every respect.

I like BF4 more than 3, cuz dem graphics! Theres just so much **** flying around onscreen and layered sound effects. Gets the blood pumping every time. Lately been having lots of fun with this game since they fixed netcode and rubberbanding.
Nima likes this.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8363 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
I like BF4 more than 3, cuz dem graphics! Theres just so much **** flying around onscreen and layered sound effects. Gets the blood pumping every time.
DAT SANDSTORM! I hate that sandstorm.

To me, something about BF4 seems off. I can't really put my finger on it. Is it a bad game, no, but BF3 was much better. Maybe it has to do with the maps. I really wish we could play Grand Bazaar and Siene Crossing with 32 or 48 players. It seems like there are 4 infantry maps - Metro (choke point cluster), Locker (choke point cluster), and Flood Zone (bad design cluster), and Guilin Peaks (I will admit, I like this map a lot) - then everything else is this massive vehicle warfare map. As someone who enjoys just playing as infantry, on most maps, if you do not play vehicles well (or don't want to play vehicles) you are completely ineffective. Some of the maps - Caspian Border, Zavod 311, the castle on Operation Mortar, and the base on Silk Road - have some areas where infantry is effective, but for the most part, it is balanced towards vehicles. It just takes so long to get everywhere. Remember Damavand Peak, Noshahr Canals, and Kharg Island? Those maps were so much better.

Ben, there's a little bit of MPH inside us all... yes I know how bad that sounds.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #8364 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

True, conquest is all about vehicles. And boy I miss those siene, grand bazaar maps. Still like BF4 better tho

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8365 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

See that's where my complaints are, aside from the pos'ness. BF3 felt clearly superior to BC2. I liked some of the BC2 maps but largely everything was better in BF3. You got choppers plural, jets, prone...BF4 just felt kind of like a sidestep back. Levolution was a cool idea but map pack one ditched it. The jet placement is odd like on maps that make no sense where the ones that did seem perfect didn't have them. I do like more AA guns though but then they added so many lockon launchers too. The flight radius is too small on some maps. They only put one map like Locker in. So no Seine or Bazaar type stuff. When they added Metro they put alt paths in but stupidly. Its like there's no overall vision, more like no one could say no to a stupid idea. Now their doing cops & robbers cuz that's what BF has been about rollseyes. That game should have been a visceral title only and not a BF entry. They should have skipped a year and made BF4 what it should have been.
post #8366 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
True, conquest is all about vehicles. And boy I miss those siene, grand bazaar maps. Still like BF4 better tho
Hapi, you got the season pass for Killzone? If so Nex and me are doing some co-op soon.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8367 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hapi, you got the season pass for Killzone? If so Nex and me are doing some co-op soon.
No season pass. I've never touched the co-op.

Won't be on again till Thurs

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8368 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
No season pass. I've never touched the co-op.

Won't be on again till Thurs
They just added coop today.
post #8369 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
They just added coop today.
I don't know what hell is going with that game. Multiplayer for life.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8370 of 9409 Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Still loving BF3. Hell, I'm getting into infantry now that I don't die every 30 seconds. Lots of low, medium, and even high-ranks still playing. Same old hatemail. I've gotten on a gismousa-style kick (some of you may remember him from BC2 days - he platinum'd every weapon (1,000 kills). I'm working my way through guns to 500 kills and mastery dogtag. Something different to do .

On a sidenote, my PS3 decided to crap out on me today. So... now I gotta decide what to do. Options:

1. Try to repair the unit. Problem - flashing red light and 3 beeps on startup, no XMB or orchestra sound. Tried vacuuming vents and re-seating hard drive already.

2. Buy a used PS3.

3. Buy a PS4.

4. Buy a blu-ray player and continue playing my backlog.

TBH, it'll probably be either 2 or 4. It's a MGS4 special PS3 that is backwards compatible. Hell, I still have the box and everything that came with it. So maybe someone on eBay will pay $$$ for it? Otherwise there's what, GameStop?

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page