post #8491 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post
Do we all get together on any night other than Thursday? I'll be on tonight, but not until about 9 central time. I guess I'll just keep playing Strider if no one will be playing.

I might have to join you. I want to squeeze in as much playing time as I can before I leave, since I won't have any video games to play for about 10 days. Who needs sleep.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

We need to be able to add these to the land vehicles.

http://i.imgur.com/4fuFsZ7.gif

Yeah I am posting the link just in case the pic doesn't show again.

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8493 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Seriously, that machine would've come in handy last night in that Zavod game. I've never hit more mines than I did in that game. Those guys were camping the wooded area pretty hard.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...680/935074277/

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3

Last edited by Spanglo; 07-07-2014 at 01:45 PM.
post #8494 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Man I trolled someone so hard in BC2 with mines. Harvest Day Rush, defending, we had lost our first base, so I put mines in front of the dirt buggy spawn, and sat in a corner nearby so I could watch. Guy jumps in, hits the gas, moves forward an inch, BOOM~

More mines. Same guy, same thing.

This time I added a mine behind, too, just in case he got smart and decided to back up. Yep. BOOM. Even held out a mine so the guy could see me holding one in the kill cam. Luckily, Link was able to keep me supplied enough to do all this. Wish I coulda recorded it!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8495 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Seriously, that machine would've come in handy last night in that Zavod game. I've never hit more mines than I did in that game. Those guys were camping the wooded area pretty hard.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...680/935074277/

Exact match I was thinking of when I saw that pic. Every flag we hit was lit up with mines.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8496 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
Man I trolled someone so hard in BC2 with mines. Harvest Day Rush, defending, we had lost our first base, so I put mines in front of the dirt buggy spawn, and sat in a corner nearby so I could watch. Guy jumps in, hits the gas, moves forward an inch, BOOM~

More mines. Same guy, same thing.

This time I added a mine behind, too, just in case he got smart and decided to back up. Yep. BOOM. Even held out a mine so the guy could see me holding one in the kill cam. Luckily, Link was able to keep me supplied enough to do all this. Wish I coulda recorded it!

You could record if you decided to get with the times and purchase a PS4.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8497 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I'll probably be on in about an hour.
Lord_Zath likes this.
post #8498 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
We need to be able to add these
That's a remote flail, but you have a good point. Every armor company comes with plows and rollers that can attach to tanks. The trade-off would be some speed and mobility. Seems fair.
post #8499 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Early. Im trying to be on early as well. Need my beauty sleep

benjamin-benjami -
post #8500 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSapper View Post
That's a remote flail, but you have a good point. Every armor company comes with plows and rollers that can attach to tanks. The trade-off would be some speed and mobility. Seems fair.

I always thought spotting of mines kind of cheesy. I think you should have to zoom in with some scope and actually see them for spotting. Just spamming the spot button doesn't make sense. This could be placed in the countermeasure slot so you would lose smoke or active protection.

I also think you should be able to customize tanks a little more. Maybe sacrifice armor for speed and mobility. Stuff like that. Carry less ammo so you are lighter and faster or carry more ammo so you are heavier and slower. When I say ammo I mean the amount you carry before the reload gauge fills up. They could get more creative. Maybe for BF7

benjamin-benjami -
post #8501 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

One hour up lets go. The wife just gave me the OK to play early. I need to start playing before she changes her mind.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8502 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Good games. Can't believe we lost that last match of Locker by 1 ticket.
Lord_Zath likes this.
post #8503 of 9416 Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You could record if you decided to get with the times and purchase a PS4.
true, but you can't have an epic moment and hit the record button to get it like you can on the xbox right? I was just thinking about that when someone was posting about wishing they had gotten something on video recently...

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8504 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 03:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
true, but you can't have an epic moment and hit the record button to get it like you can on the xbox right? I was just thinking about that when someone was posting about wishing they had gotten something on video recently...
Xbox does win in the recording/editing/transferring video category. I am actually a little embarrased at how the PS4 does it. I don't consider it next gen at all when it comes to that. But the PS4 will record video for you, but it will decide for you if the video is deemed worthy for a save or not. Maybe it felt like what happened 30 minutes ago is worthy and not the epic moment that just happened.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8505 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:00 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I think there should be a gravel truck that you can drive around and repair the 10 ft deep craters mines leave.

I had fun playing those games last night. Zavod was probably the most fun I had in a while, non stop action, shmoopy and hapi kept me alive a ton in that game. Had fun flying in the jet with mph, you're getting really good. We probably would of won that locker match if mph wasn't trying to cheat in the C flag
post #8506 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
I think there should be a gravel truck that you can drive around and repair the 10 ft deep craters mines leave.

I had fun playing those games last night. Zavod was probably the most fun I had in a while, non stop action, shmoopy and hapi kept me alive a ton in that game. Had fun flying in the jet with mph, you're getting really good. We probably would of won that locker match if mph wasn't trying to cheat in the C flag
I think there should be a way to set an option to permaban players, who join a friends game and then jump on the opposite team, get in a jet and just kill you over and over again...
post #8507 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Xbox does win in the recording/editing/transferring video category. I am actually a little embarrased at how the PS4 does it. I don't consider it next gen at all when it comes to that. But the PS4 will record video for you, but it will decide for you if the video is deemed worthy for a save or not. Maybe it felt like what happened 30 minutes ago is worthy and not the epic moment that just happened.
Yuck!

I've been preparing myself for my eventual Xbox-One by yelling "XBOX RECORD THAT!" whenever I have epic moments in BF3. Kinda fun

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #8508 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
I hate this image attachment. I can never get this to work
Boy, that looks safe with an LP tank hanging off the back.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #8509 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
That was only once or twice! Most of the time I don't even spawn in and wait to switch teams. If I do spawn in its usually one of you guys that kills me.
Ben you would of appreciated last night, mph was flying us around in the little bird for a good bit, killing other helicopters, shooting infantry, destroying vehicles..and we eventually got hit by a LAW. I replied that it was a pretty good run while it lasted and immediately after lazy replied "meh". Apparently lazy has higher standards for chopper piloting.
benjamin-benjami and emartins like this.
post #8510 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Word on the streets from a couple of my buddies is that the new patch is live...even though there are no patch notes on the BL forum. I heard it is a pretty large patch and gives us some new ubercool title screen. lol

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #8511 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
That was only once or twice! Most of the time I don't even spawn in and wait to switch teams. If I do spawn in its usually one of you guys that kills me.
Ben you would of appreciated last night, mph was flying us around in the little bird for a good bit, killing other helicopters, shooting infantry, destroying vehicles..and we eventually got hit by a LAW. I replied that it was a pretty good run while it lasted and immediately after lazy replied "meh". Apparently lazy has higher standards for chopper piloting.
It honestly wasn't that good of a run though. I should have got that guy before he SRAWed us. That basically has now decided for me that I will stop using the basic miniguns on the Scout Helis on land maps. I'm going back to the explosive rounds. I'll give up superior air to air guns, for easier kills against infantry. But on water maps, like Paracel Island, I'll try to switch over to the miniguns, because they just rip through boats and air vehicles.

As for the Attack Choppers, I really only want to use them on one map, Siege of Shanghai. I've gotten fairly decent on that map with them while playing Conquest Large. Of course on that map for that mode there are no mobile AA's, Jets, or Scout Helicopters. And there is lots of cover. I've switched over to the tow missile for them instead of the Heat seekers. I'll fire one of and quickly start firing my Zuni Rockets, hoping that my Tow Missile lands. It's honestly hard to tell exactly whether or not they hit, with all the Rockets and gunner fire, but I'd guesstimate they hit my target at least 1/4 of the time. There is no lock on tone that the other choppers get, so most of the time I can just sneak up and kill them very quickly. Them being spotted helps tremendously in this regard.

Of course the Tow Missiles can lock on to targets that have been designated by Recon teammates. It's pretty rare for that to be the case though, but it is nice when enemy vehicles are designated.

...I didn't know Tyrant got banned from AVS. That sucks. How long has this been the case?

...I can get back on tonight if anybody is interested.
Lord_Zath likes this.
post #8512 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Tonight is Killzone Tues.

I've seen Mph's awesomeness in an attack helo on Siege of Shanghai up close. I set a personal best gunning for him as we dominated with that way OP POS.

What did Tyrant do? Prob happened in the xbot area huh?

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8513 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Holy Cow Neo, are you watching this?
Lord_Zath likes this.
post #8514 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Tyrant linked an article about a gov'ment spy camera thingy bopper being used on another console plus had a few too many write ups over similar topics...as I understand it. The boot did come from the PS4 forum if memory serves.
post #8515 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post
Tyrant linked an article about a gov'ment spy camera thingy bopper being used on another console plus had a few too many write ups over similar topics...as I understand it. The boot did come from the PS4 forum if memory serves.
Killzone tonight... you in?

Hadn't played that game in awhile, forgot what fun it is sprinting around and crackin skulls.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8516 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Hapi, I tried looking at your new pic of a speaker, but I'm not sure if AVS allows us to look at people's pictures anymore...IDK. What am I looking at? What kind of speaker is that?
Lord_Zath likes this.
post #8517 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hapi, I tried looking at your new pic of a speaker, but I'm not sure if AVS allows us to look at people's pictures anymore...IDK. What am I looking at? What kind of speaker is that?
It's a Bob Crites CS-1. My new main speakers for a couple months now. Titanium compression HF driver and 12" woofer. Needed a smaller speaker to fit under my screen.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #8518 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Here are the patch notes

PS4 Game Update Jul 8 Patch Notes

COMMANDER APP:
-Various bug fixes

GENERAL:
-Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit
-Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level
-Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round
-Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games
-Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman
-Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn’t become available for others to join
-Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot)

GRAPHICAL:
-Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water

MODES:
-Added Conquest Small on PlayStation 4
-Added a competitive Obliteration game mode

SERVERS:
-Server Browser support added to Squad Join (Beta)
-Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn’t ban players that had clan tags
-Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu

USER INTERFACE:
-Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn’t display squad members presence correctly
-Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn’t displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode
-Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode
-Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity
-Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so the right one is not obstructed

VEHICLES:
-Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag
-Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier
-Adjusted the PWC physics so it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels
-Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle)

WEAPONS:
-Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die
-Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver
-Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing “pump action” animation in 3rd person while crouching
-Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in
-Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21
-Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416/M417
-Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon

benjamin-benjami -
post #8519 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe but it might be a get on early and get off early kind of deal. I spent the afternoon in the wonderful New England humidity painting the wood for my pergola. I'm a little spent but I still want to squeeze in some gaming since I have 2 nights for it left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Tonight is Killzone Tues.
I could be persuaded to play this instead. But Hapi you need to pick up the season pass and play co-op. I prefer it over the regular multi, but thats just me.

benjamin-benjami -
post #8520 of 9416 Old 07-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
I'm interested in playing tonight, my kids are staying up until 9 right now, so don't expect me before 9pm central time. I might be able to swing it a bit earlier if they start falling asleep, but I'm not going to bank on it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page