Battlefield 4 - Page 297 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 429Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8881 of 9488 Old 08-05-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lodolfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 90
What's funny is my kid keeps comparing landmarks here with their Watch Dogs counterparts. It's incredible some of the similarities.

Playing WDs now will seem more familiar.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
lodolfan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8882 of 9488 Old 08-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Mud76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
OK, fill me in with all the touristy bits and pieces, I'm coming all the way over in October, 4days CHI, 4 days NYC

PSN Brown-Corolla
Mud76 is offline  
post #8883 of 9488 Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lodolfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Battlefield 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
OK, fill me in with all the touristy bits and pieces, I'm coming all the way over in October, 4days CHI, 4 days NYC

In Chicago, take the Double Decker Tour bus. You get a city history lesson as they take you around downtown plus its hop on/hop off at many hotspots which basically means transportation around the area. Its $40 per person for the pass and one tour pass is good for 3 days of hop on/hop off.

In NYC, buy the one week city unlimited transportation passes for the subway and buses. They're usually cheap and that's all you need to get around Manhattan.

Just be prepared to do lots and lots of walking in both places.
Nima, slyderulz and Mud76 like this.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16

Last edited by lodolfan; 08-05-2014 at 03:51 PM.
lodolfan is online now  
post #8884 of 9488 Old 08-05-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I'll be getting on in a bit. Also, I probably won't be able to make it on this Thursday for Battlefield Thursday.

Edit - Nevermind, it sounds like I will be on Thursday now
Lord_Zath likes this.

Last edited by mphfrom77; 08-05-2014 at 06:35 PM.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8885 of 9488 Old 08-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
jsacevedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
In Chicago, take the Double Decker Tour bus. You get a city history lesson as they take you around downtown plus its hop on/hop off at many hotspots which basically means transportation around the area. Its $40 per person for the pass and one tour pass is good for 3 days of hop on/hop off.

In NYC, buy the one week city unlimited transportation passes for the subway and buses. They're usually cheap and that's all you need to get around Manhattan.

Just be prepared to do lots and lots of walking in both places.
Just to add to this - for Chicago - check out the museums on the lake, they are excellent (I'm such a nerd). They are a bit pricey, but I have greatly enjoyed them. Also, at the Navy Pier there are boat tours that are relaxing. They range from a half hour or so ride (with booze of course) to a couple hours for dinner (also with booze). Whatever you do, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT bring a vehicle. Parking a car in downtown Chicago is so ridiculously expensive. You feel like you are being mugged (at best). As Lo mentioned, be prepared for a ton of walking. Also, don't go anywhere near the south side. Please. It's horrible. Like a mini-Iraq.

Lo, we missed each other by about two weeks. I was in Chicago on the 24th and 25th with my wife for the Jay-Z and Beyonce concert.
lodolfan, slyderulz and Lord_Zath like this.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
jsacevedo is offline  
post #8886 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lodolfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,044
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 90
We sure did Shmoops.

My trip has been Indy, South Bend and Chi-town. Wife planned it out. I seriously would have preferred to come see you Shmoops by doing Milwaukee and Chicago instead but I'm still trying to figure out what my wife was thinking when she chose Indianapolis over Milwaukee.

As Shmoopy mentioned, Museums, Navy Pier (spent about an hour there yesterday), Millennium Park (the Bean). Did the Chicago River Architecture Boat tour last night, which was excellent. Probably hitting the Willis Tower (formerly Sears tower) today and seeing some of the different neighborhoods in around North River. Wrapping it up by taking my son to the Cubs game at Wrigley on Friday.
Mud76 likes this.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
lodolfan is online now  
post #8887 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I'd venture that a game at Wrigley is a must for any true Chicago visit.
Lord_Zath likes this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8888 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
What do I win?

It's my 2nd favorite eating destination.
Wait a minute, what's your 1st favorite eating destination?

And do you sneak off on your private jet, with your Swimsuit models, and just go somewhere to eat and then come right back?
emartins and Lord_Zath like this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8889 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,498
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I'd venture that a game at Wrigley is a must for any true Chicago visit.
No....no...no....no....unless your watching the Cards beat the piss out of them. I'm not much of a baseball fan but I'm enough of one to have loyalty for STL and not the loser Cubs....
lordxar5 is online now  
post #8890 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,498
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Wait a minute, what's your 1st favorite eating destination?

And do you sneak off on your private jet, with your Swimsuit models, and just go somewhere to eat and then come right back?
Uh swimsuit models house is number one?
mphfrom77 likes this.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #8891 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
No no no Nexus, it's the Reds silly...duh
Lord_Zath likes this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8892 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Wait a minute, what's your 1st favorite eating destination?

And do you sneak off on your private jet, with your Swimsuit models, and just go somewhere to eat and then come right back?
The models aren't all that into food... go figure.

There are prob 20 restaurants in my top 5, but a few of my favs:
Breakfast: la cueva del chango in Playa del Carmen
Lunch: La Vague d'Or in Saint Tropez
Dinner: KM5 Ibiza

Chicago falls under the category of Comfort Food. So many restaurants there serve large, heavy-ass portions. You get twice the food for half the price.
mphfrom77 and Mud76 like this.

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is online now  
post #8893 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Mud76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I'd venture that a game at Wrigley is a must for any true Chicago visit.
I'm not there until October, is the season over then?


Trying VERY hard to get Blackhawks tickets, (pretty much the sole reason for the trip)

PSN Brown-Corolla
Mud76 is offline  
post #8894 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
The models aren't all that into food... go figure.

There are prob 20 restaurants in my top 5, but a few of my favs:
Breakfast: la cueva del chango in Playa del Carmen
Lunch: La Vague d'Or in Saint Tropez
Dinner: KM5 Ibiza

Chicago falls under the category of Comfort Food. So many restaurants there serve large, heavy-ass portions. You get twice the food for half the price.

Oh look at Mr. World Traveler

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #8895 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lordxar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,498
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
No no no Nexus, it's the Reds silly...duh
Not between STL and Chitown its not. Here your one or the other.
lordxar5 is online now  
post #8896 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Oh look at Mr. World Traveler
Mr. World Traveler hasn't had a vacation in 2 years

 




PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Spanglo is online now  
post #8897 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
I'm not there until October, is the season over then?


Trying VERY hard to get Blackhawks tickets, (pretty much the sole reason for the trip)

Lol...yes the season will definitely be over for the Cubs in October this year. (White Sox too)...https://www.google.com/search?num=10...71.mtcUXvuzO7E

The Cubs have the misfortune of being in the division with the most teams over a .500 winning percentage. (As do my Reds )
Lord_Zath likes this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8898 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Mud76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Lol...yes the season will definitely be over for the Cubs in October this year. (White Sox too)...https://www.google.com/search?num=10...71.mtcUXvuzO7E

The Cubs have the misfortune of being in the division with the most teams over a .500 winning percentage. (As do my Reds )

Its ok, Cubs win in clean sweep against Miami next year!

PSN Brown-Corolla
Mud76 is offline  
post #8899 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
The models aren't all that into food... go figure.

There are prob 20 restaurants in my top 5, but a few of my favs:
Breakfast: la cueva del chango in Playa del Carmen
Lunch: La Vague d'Or in Saint Tropez
Dinner: KM5 Ibiza

Chicago falls under the category of Comfort Food. So many restaurants there serve large, heavy-ass portions. You get twice the food for half the price.
I had to look them up.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...90465424f72822

That's not you looking at the Google camera is it? Not you on the bicycle taxi is it?

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.6351...8K4yKenBvA!2e0

Looks pretty good. I'm getting hungry.
------------
Is this next one lunch? http://www.residencepinede.fr/hotel-...ique/vague-or/

https://www.google.com/search?q=La+V...w=1920&bih=979

If so, I would probably just fill up on dessert.

----

And KM5...I'm confused...what is one eating at this place exactly, and does one dance and other kinds of things while they eat dinner?

https://www.google.com/search?q=KM5+...w=1920&bih=979

http://www.km5-lounge.com/

I kid.

I like it Hapi.

Hapi, never with a dull response. An onion, as we peel back the layers.

(Lol, got up and left mid post and listened to the Km5 music as I went upstairs and back down...lol. I'm ready to go...tonight...got the next couple days off...food and drinks and swimsuit models...ah...bring us with you Hapi...come on share the...)
Lord_Zath likes this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8900 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mphfrom77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: northern KY
Posts: 3,728
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Damit, I want to go to KM5 tonight.

Ugh...........Anybody getting on tonight?
Lord_Zath likes this.
mphfrom77 is online now  
post #8901 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
Damit, I want to go to KM5 tonight.

Ugh...........Anybody getting on tonight?
Get on now. I can squeeze an hour or so in.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #8902 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,192
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 713
i'll jump on too..
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #8903 of 9488 Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
dbailey75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post
Just to add to this - for Chicago - check out the museums on the lake, they are excellent (I'm such a nerd). They are a bit pricey, but I have greatly enjoyed them. Also, at the Navy Pier there are boat tours that are relaxing. They range from a half hour or so ride (with booze of course) to a couple hours for dinner (also with booze). Whatever you do, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT bring a vehicle. Parking a car in downtown Chicago is so ridiculously expensive. You feel like you are being mugged (at best). As Lo mentioned, be prepared for a ton of walking. Also, don't go anywhere near the south side. Please. It's horrible. Like a mini-Iraq.

Lo, we missed each other by about two weeks. I was in Chicago on the 24th and 25th with my wife for the Jay-Z and Beyonce concert.


Since we all play battlefield, I have to assume you guys are war buffs, the museum of science in Chicago, has a real German Uboat on display and I believe you can walk through it.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
dbailey75 is offline  
post #8904 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lord_Zath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,266
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
lo, wish you would've told me you were coming to chicago! I would've come down and given you a personal tour
lodolfan likes this.

Zath soaring school:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Battlefield 3 AVS stats:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

 

Remember Nexus

Lord_Zath is offline  
post #8905 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
lo, wish you would've told me you were coming to chicago! I would've come down and given you a personal tour
Can we get a mod to remove this non-ps4 owner from this thread. He can come back when he hops into a jet in BF4 on a PS4 and in our game. Thank you

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #8906 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,192
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Its thursday!
HDSapper and lodolfan like this.
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #8907 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
emartins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
Its thursday!
I can't wait. The more glitchers the better. I don't think I can go back to a limited amount of SRAWs. Ive been racking up the kills lately with it.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
emartins is online now  
post #8908 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Member
 
Crestwood1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NEPA
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I will make it on this week guys
Crestwood1001 is offline  
post #8909 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
benjamin-benjami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: edmond, ok
Posts: 4,192
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I can't wait. The more glitchers the better. I don't think I can go back to a limited amount of SRAWs. Ive been racking up the kills lately with it.
whatever, MPH has now made me a believer in the transport chopper, it was crazy how many kills i had being a gunner...
Mud76 likes this.
benjamin-benjami is offline  
post #8910 of 9488 Old 08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
jsacevedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
whatever, MPH has now made me a believer in the transport chopper, it was crazy how many kills i had being a gunner...
Mph is one of the few guys who can hold the boat steady enough in the air so you can get kills. Everyone else just spazzes around the map in it and it's tough to hit anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Can we get a mod to remove this non-ps4 owner from this thread. He can come back when he hops into a jet in BF4 on a PS4 and in our game. Thank you
Yeah, it's getting rough out there when I'm in a jet these days. I think I can claim that I'm no longer a noob in the jets. I'd say I'm mediocre now.
Mud76 likes this.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
jsacevedo is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off