Battlefield 4 - Page 303 - AVS Forum
First ... 301  302  303 304  305  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 4
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 05:49 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post
so i will be playing league of legends tonight if anyone wants to jump on

I was about to ask of anyone was going to be on (the PS4) tonight? I'm game for anything. I'm actually in the mood for some Ghosts. Nexus talked me into getting it digitally and I've barely touched it. Anyone still have Ghosts?

Sorry Ben. I've got a 4 year old laptop I hardly ever touch that's not built for gaming at all.

hsv's Avatar hsv 07:35 PM 08-16-2014
Zath, the base AA won't shoot at you unless you have been spotted by the enemy. Also ecm will make the base aa miss you. I usually don't run ecm though, it takes like 20 seconds to reload and I end up getting hit by the missile anyway.
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 07:53 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
Zath, the base AA won't shoot at you unless you have been spotted by the enemy. Also ecm will make the base aa miss you. I usually don't run ecm though, it takes like 20 seconds to reload and I end up getting hit by the missile anyway.
Thanks for the "Do you know Battlefield" moment. I never knew this!
I only run flares now also. I feel like ECM does not do anything except break spotting.
That being said, if I can get that extra time to kill by using ECM over the base AA then it might be worth it.
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 09:45 PM 08-16-2014
cool thanks for the info
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 10:27 PM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
cool thanks for the info
Just went 27-1 in attack jet in a match with Hapi.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...128/230921315/

Wasn't playing that hard, I think half the kills were taking out the gun ship full of people.
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 10:38 PM 08-16-2014
Glad I stayed an extra game... we ended up beating that 101 clan. Sweet victory was ours.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...880/935074277/
Cravit8's Avatar Cravit8 06:37 AM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post
Glad I stayed an extra game... we ended up beating that 101 clan. Sweet victory was ours.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...880/935074277/
Good job, looks like you got a decent commander to boot. I wanted to stay on and beat those guys.
Lord_Zath's Avatar Lord_Zath 06:19 PM 08-17-2014
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Here's what I've found:

1. I was relying too much on guided missile with the AJ and not on the guns (BF3 habit - switch to GM to spot).

2. I was expecting to be able to loiter around the battlefield at will (BF3 habit). I am learning to leave the base area, get a kill or two, and then head back FAST.

3. I keep expecting to turn on a dime (BF3 habit). I think the problem is that the "sweet spot" for turning speed is either more sensitive OR the game penalizes you too hard for slower speeds, making your jet very slow and lumbering.

4. LAV-AD is the devil. Get someone on the enemy team with that and GG. Scout chopper is a very close second.

5. Active Radar missiles - so these things lock-on kinda late and with little warning. Is that supposed to be that way?

6. I can get disabled and still heal back up? SWEET!

7. I actually like flying the SJ if - IF - there's a good pilot in our AJ and lots of air targets. I actually had someone play commander today while flying the AJ because he thought he was the ****. It was hilarious. I switched teams, killed him in my team's AJ, and he ragequitted.

8. Rocket pods are nice in the AJ. I had cheat seekers originally but in dogfights it just takes too long to lock. Rockets are fun for long-range pew-pew of the AAA.

9. Only 2 more days left on my trial. I was hoping to get to commander rank but might not make it (I'm rank 4 right now).

In the end, the game is still fun. Having others to play with makes all the difference of course.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 06:30 PM 08-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Here's what I've found:

1. I was relying too much on guided missile with the AJ and not on the guns (BF3 habit - switch to GM to spot).

2. I was expecting to be able to loiter around the battlefield at will (BF3 habit). I am learning to leave the base area, get a kill or two, and then head back FAST.

3. I keep expecting to turn on a dime (BF3 habit). I think the problem is that the "sweet spot" for turning speed is either more sensitive OR the game penalizes you too hard for slower speeds, making your jet very slow and lumbering.

4. LAV-AD is the devil. Get someone on the enemy team with that and GG. Scout chopper is a very close second.

5. Active Radar missiles - so these things lock-on kinda late and with little warning. Is that supposed to be that way?

6. I can get disabled and still heal back up? SWEET!

7. I actually like flying the SJ if - IF - there's a good pilot in our AJ and lots of air targets. I actually had someone play commander today while flying the AJ because he thought he was the ****. It was hilarious. I switched teams, killed him in my team's AJ, and he ragequitted.

8. Rocket pods are nice in the AJ. I had cheat seekers originally but in dogfights it just takes too long to lock. Rockets are fun for long-range pew-pew of the AAA.

9. Only 2 more days left on my trial. I was hoping to get to commander rank but might not make it (I'm rank 4 right now).

In the end, the game is still fun. Having others to play with makes all the difference of course.
Here is what i found
1. if you buy the game and actually play it with avs it is fun
2. see number 1
hsv's Avatar hsv 07:32 PM 08-17-2014
What Ben said and your number 5 is the way active radar missiles are supposed to work. They are annoying. When launched they fly in a straight line and only lock on within a certain seek angle and range. I don't know what that is, so if people are using them I avoid flying in straight lines as much as I can.
emartins's Avatar emartins 04:07 PM 08-18-2014
Who's ready? I'm ready.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408399663.408337.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	218497
Attached:
Spanglo's Avatar Spanglo 04:46 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Who's ready? I'm ready.

Attachment 218497
Ok, maybe give us some play tips.
emartins's Avatar emartins 05:38 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanglo View Post
ok, maybe give us some play tips.

ptfo
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 06:05 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Who's ready? I'm ready.

Attachment 218497
I've been ready!!!

hsv's Avatar hsv 06:16 PM 08-18-2014
I'm jealous...I won't be on until friday. Post some tips since I don't know anything about the game. Do you unlock stuff like battlefield through xp?
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 06:23 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
I'm jealous...I won't be on until friday. Post some tips since I don't know anything about the game. Do you unlock stuff like battlefield through xp?
Your earn XP points which you use to buy sticker packs which contain random items like characters, weapons and accessories for your characters.
hsv's Avatar hsv 07:01 PM 08-18-2014
Cool, thanks Lo! I'll figure out the details in party chat when I get it. Interesting that the unlocks are random though.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 07:41 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Cool, thanks Lo! I'll figure out the details in party chat when I get it. Interesting that the unlocks are random though.

No problem Trail!

Actually when you buy the sticker packs, you obviously get numerous stickers. Those stickers go on a sticker book that shows each item to unlock. Each unlock requires several stickers and each sticker in the sticker packs is random.

Now, leveling up works independently from the unlocks. To level up, you have to complete three tasks depending on the class your playing. Once the three tasks are complete, your overall rank levels up. Then you get three more tasks to complete, then rinse and repeat. Your class also levels up. For example, you may be a rank 6 peashooter, rank 1 in the other classes but a rank 22 overall. So basically completing the three tasks for each class, levels up your overall rank and class rank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
emartins's Avatar emartins 07:54 PM 08-18-2014
The game is easy to pick up. Its your basic FPS with a few added twists. You have 3 abilities and I am going to assume they will use L1, R1 and Y as the buttons for them. They all recharge over time, its not very long but long enough where you can't abuse it. You do not start with them at the beginning of the game but do unlock them very quickly. You rank up each character by completing assignments. The first few levels will have one simple assignment and as you hit level 1-3 you unlock each ability. They will give you a quick tutorial after you unlock it, when your dead of course. They have lots of COD and BF game modes. Domination, Rush, TDM, Obliteration and Kill Confirmed. They do have a mix game mode which cycles through objective based games only.

They do have a commander mode, the cool thing about it is you can cycle back and forth in the same game. No need to back out of the game. On the Xbox tablet app it acts as the second screen so you can actually play as player and be the commander on your tablet at the same time. A little difficult but can come in handy. I don't know how the PS will handle the second screen as I haven't used a second screen on the PS app itself.

My first tip for anyone is save the coins for the 40K sticker pack. A whole game with PTFOing you could see around 10K coins so every 4-5 games will get you that sticker pack. The reason why is that pack guarantees you a new character version unlock. Where as the other packs might give you a piece of an unlock and then give you accessories to make your character look pretty. Tattoos, hats, bling, etc. Unfortunately you will need to purchase a lower pack every once in awhile as you will have challenges that will ask you to plant a certain plant or summon a zombie. You need to get those from the lower packs. I know planting and summoning sound funny but planting plants around objectives will help you out. You have plants that heal players close by to plants that will attack for you. The summoning of zombies are to have more zombies to distract the enemy.

When I mean different character versions for example is the cactus can come in a fire cactus or ice cactus. They look different and the shoot different projectiles. The fire and ice might not do as much damage on impact but the fire will slowly cause you to lose health and the ice will make you slow down. Things like that. You can even have the scientist zombie shoot dolphins at you, yes dolphins like flipper.

Everyone can revive, and with reviving being in many challenges you usually do get revived frequently. The cool thing is while you are dead you can look around you and see if anyone is coming for you. If not then you can just hit the respawn button. Another cool feature is you can switch teams as often as you want, as long as the other team doesn't have more players. So it can be easy to get all of us on the same team. The one minor issue is getting us all in the same game can be difficult. What happens on the Xbox side is when we are all in a party one person finds a game. The rest of us get a message saying that a person in the party joined a game and would like to know if you want to join. Sometimes it doesn't always work and last I checked they don't have a queue so if it fills up then you have to try and join through the party until room is made. That is the biggest downfall in the game.

Quick character descriptions

Plants
Pea shooter - Your basic foot soldier. Shoots peas. Abilities - turbo mode which runs faster and can jump very high, chili bean - a grenade, and gatling gun - you go stationary and can fire 100 peas at a higher rate of fire.

Sunflower - Your medic. Fires sun rays. Abilities - Heal Beam, Sunbeam - becomes stationary and fires a very strong sunbeam that takes away health quickly, and Heal Flower - a planted flower you deploy that heals you or your teammates.

Cactus - Sniper/Recon. Fires prickles, I think that what you call them. Abilities - Potato mines, Garlic Drone - Like an MAV except you can fire from it and call in a corn strike (air strike), and Nut Battlements - Shields that you place in the ground so you can take cover.

Chomper - Mean S.O.B. Deadly in the right hands. Doesn't fire anything just hits you with his tongue but from behind you he lifts you up and swallows you whole. When you eat someone they can't be revived for obvious reasons. Abilities - Chomper goo - you spit at them and temp. blinds and slows them down allowing you to get behind them and eat them, Burrow - go underground so you can get away or come up from the ground eating an enemy, and spike weeds - A trap that when the enemy steps on it it will flip them upside down and hang them by the foot.

Zombies

Foot Soldier - Shoots pellets or something, I use the commando version which fires a 3 burst of arrows so I forget what they fire on the basic version. Abilities - ZPG - RPG, Rocket Jump - Jump to higher places and Gas Cloud - Gas grenade blinding and hurting the enemies.

Engineer - Shoots something. Abilities - Bullhorn Grenade, Drone, similar to the cactus, and Jackhammer for getting places quickly or running them over. You can't be eaten by the chopper while on the jackhammer. This guy places a huge role in the modes with portals. He is the one that creates it so the zombies don't have so far to run to the objective and he builds the turrets around the portal so the plants don't destroy it.

Scientist - Shoots goo I think. Abilities - Sticky grenade, Warp - he can warp like 10-15 feet to evade or get behind an enemy, and Heal Station

All-Star - The heavy support who shoots footballs from a gatling gun. Abilities - Imp Punt - You punt, yes punt, an imp that will roll and explode, Sprint Tackle - Charge into an enemy usually killing them, and Dummy shield - Like the cactus you put it down and can use it for cover.

I think I covered the basics and thanks for reading my MPH style post. See you tomorrow.

See I told you its easy to pick up.
emartins's Avatar emartins 07:55 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
No problem Trail!

Actually when you buy the sticker packs, you obviously get numerous stickers. Those stickers go on a sticker book that shows each item to unlock. Each unlock requires several stickers and each sticker in the sticker packs is random.

Now, leveling up works independently from the unlocks. To level up, you have to complete three tasks depending on the class your playing. Once the three tasks are complete, your overall rank levels up. Then you get three more tasks to complete, then rinse and repeat. Your class also levels up. For example, you may be a rank 6 peashooter, rank 1 in the other classes but a rank 22 overall. So basically completing the three tasks for each class, levels up your overall rank and class rank.

Thats all you got on info? Cmon now.
emartins's Avatar emartins 08:01 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
I've been ready!!!

I never got to check if it downloaded yesterday. So today when I remembered I saw it all set and ready to go. The auto download feature is nice.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 08:17 PM 08-18-2014
Quote:
I never got to check if it downloaded yesterday. So today when I remembered I saw it all set and ready to go. The auto download feature is nice.

Pre-downloading is Awesome!!!

benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 08:38 PM 08-18-2014
so in this PvZ what is the fastest way to unlock the shotgun and the slams?
rs600cubed's Avatar rs600cubed 09:43 AM 08-19-2014
Damnit, I was going to try to hold off on this since I already have it on XB1 but I think I'm going to have to cave seeing how so many of you guys are picking it up. Wish I would've grabbed it yesterday for the preorder bonuses since I go all digital. This game is a blast and should be tons of fun with AVSers!
emartins's Avatar emartins 09:48 AM 08-19-2014
About to hop on in a bit. PvZ not bf4.
emartins's Avatar emartins 09:48 AM 08-19-2014
I can stream it for all you suckers at work.
emartins's Avatar emartins 10:37 AM 08-19-2014
Less game modes in the PS4 version. Hopefully they add it soon.

They only have Mixed bag mode if you want to be able to use the special characters. If you want just Graveyards mode, Rush and CQ together, then it has to be classic. Kind of sucks to be honest.
lodolfan's Avatar lodolfan 10:38 AM 08-19-2014
Hope they add the other game modes soon. And for free like they did with the XB1.
emartins's Avatar emartins 10:44 AM 08-19-2014
Quote:
Hope they add the other game modes soon. And for free like they did with the XB1.
They won't be charging. Popcap has realized the money is in the extra little things.
emartins's Avatar emartins 10:44 AM 08-19-2014
I know its early but I haven't had a full game yet. Its tough getting coins with no one in a game.
Tags: Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4
First ... 301  302  303 304  305  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop