Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
I asked if I can have a hemi installed. Would be sweet having a hemi in it
Ooooooooo!!! and you could get one of those awesome aluminum bolt on spoilers and low profile tires to help keep your front-wheel drive hemi-wagon glued to the ground!!! Maybe some flames!! Or lasers!!! Wait a minute...is that too nerdy??

dbailey75 likes this.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9362 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post
Those guys had to be pretty grumpy.
post #9363 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Talking just because

post #9364 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 414
They need new ones this year. I've watched those to many times already.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9365 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
All I have an 07. I had an 01 BMW 330ci but traded it in for a 14 focus that my wife drives.
If mph is looking for a mid life crisis you really can't go wrong with a 2012 or newer mustang gt. There's a new generation for 2015. Bang for your buck they are solid. If you bump up the price range a new c7 corvette is a lot of performance for a cheaper price when compared to similar performing cars, plus the c7s have a much upgraded interior compared to previous generations.
My friend has a wrx and they are pretty neat too, maybe a little more practical if you need awd.
My Honda pilot has been solid for 136k miles, good cargo space and reliability for the price. Next vehicle for me will probably be a full size truck and get rid of the pilot.
No, it's not a midlife crisis. Lazy's just mad because he had to get a minivan.

It's actually a man crush on Subaru WRX's.

I just don't like traditional sports cars or coupes. I just feel uncomfortable not being able to see out of the back of them. I like to be fully aware of my surroundings I guess.

I've never been around a WRX though. I've not been around much at all, cool car wise...meaning friends or family. I mean, I've been around some cars, just not spent much time with them. When I was younger I worked for my next door neighbors Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Toyota dealerships, so I've just come to understand what I like. And I think this is just a sedan with a 5-speed. (Though, before I ever had a car, I'd pine over the '95 Supra Turbo in the showroom that I finished every day off with by detailing it before I left back when I worked as a detailer the summer Freshman to Sophomore year in High School. Then the original Fast and Furious Supra was so badass.)

(And yes, Nexus, if you are still reading this, I have always really liked the 300/Charger/Magnums with the Hemi engines. I've seen some crazy stuff done with them and in them. The corporation put on events for their employees, so that we would come to understand more about their vehicles vs the competition. They had professional race car drivers there both performing stunts by themselves, and with us in the cars. Then they would unleash us on all the different cars there, and we were basically allowed to drive however we wanted, as long as you didn't tear the course down. Anyways, yeah, I really like the 300C Nexus and its excellent suspension and traction control systems, but really haven't been around them since they came out.

All I've only ever owned is bunch of Toyota 5-speeds, a couple Explorers and a Rodeo. I've just never spent much money on a car at all...never been able to justify it / not had the funds. So I've never had anything remotely close to sporty, but I have rung the death out of some small Toyota Corollas and Camrys. Even finally blew one motor up in one of them. That's the only way to truly find the limit...lol. Those 4 cylinders of theirs can take a beating (the older ones moreso IMO.

But I can't seem to shake this man crush on the new 2015 WRX. I like how it gets better gas mileage than it did previously, and the reviews (other than the no wagon deal) seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I like what Subaru seems be doing with their whole lineup as well. I don't like how it requires premium gas.

I like the idea of a AWD sedan or hatch, that has a manual, a good amount of power and can handle well. So I can't stop watching videos on the WRX which starts at $27k for the base which is all I would need. Used ones seem ridiculous in price, but I've never tried to bargain/buy one either. Like 2002's are still asking like $7k, and 2011's are asking $23k??

But I have no car payment at the moment and really don't want one either. So I wait.

Some videos of the car I am talking about:

A PRETTY DECENT MOTORTREND VIDEO ON IT

JUST FOUND THIS YESTERDAY...LOVE THIS VIDEO OF A LAP AT A TRACK DAY AT VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY OF AN ALMOST STOCK 2015 WRX

AND THEN THE SLIGHTLY BIGGER BROTHER, WRX STI, HAVING A STANDING MILE RACE WITH A 2014 PORSCHE CAYMAN...KIND OF THOUGHT IT WAS SWEET HOW THE CAYMAN WAS RUNNING IT DOWN.

In...

In...other news, I guess I took a gaming hiatus for the last couple of weeks, but will probably get back in the swing of gaming, including some BF4, here soon.
dbailey75 likes this.

Last edited by mphfrom77; 09-09-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Just had to fix some really bad spelling errors
post #9366 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

"We are ready to start talking about Battlefield 4 Final Stand, and we have a lot to talk about. In the Battlefield 4 Premium video we released a few months ago, we gave players their first glimpse at the high-tech action that awaits. In the weeks ahead we’ll also show you a lot more of that monstrous little drone and the other exciting new toys that will be in Final Stand.

With Final Stand, we knew from the start that we wanted to evolve the Battlefield experience and offer weapons and vehicles that behave differently than anything else on the battlefield. Taking place on the artic landscape of Russia, where the scientists of today are experimenting with technology that will define the battlefields of tomorrow (Battlefield 2142, anyone?), Final Stand will deliver four maps that are unique and distinct. With its military installations set against a wintry landscape, expect intense, infantry-focused combat.

Players will also discover secret prototype weapons and vehicles that further tie into the fiction around Final Stand, and to some extent the Battlefield series. This includes a Battle pick-up rail gun that fires a single round of powerful kinetic energy, and the hover tank prototype, which uses eight experimental jet propulsion engines to nimbly move around the battlefield. We have a few more surprises up our sleeves that we’ll share with you in the weeks ahead.

We definitely had a lot of fun designing these maps and the future-tech weapons and vehicles of Final Stand and hope you guys have as much fun with them as we do. That’s why we want you to start playing them now. Starting today we are going to be testing pre-release versions of the Final Stand maps on the CTE (Community Test Environment).

The amount of feedback we’ve been getting via the CTE has been incredible, and is a tremendous asset to the team here at DICE LA. That’s why we have decided to bring the community into the process even earlier as we reach the finish line of Final Stand.

Starting this week we will run servers with one of the four maps available to play per day – starting Tuesday September 9th.
The number of player slots and servers will be limited – so not everyone with access will get a chance to play this time around.

This is the first time we have ever done something like this at this early stage – and we hope it will mean a more stable and higher quality release in the end!

Taking part in the CTE

We know a lot of players out there want to take part in the CTE, so we have opened up the number of available slots on the CTE.

As previously, you will need a PC Premium account to sign up, visit http://cte.battlelog.com for more information about what is happening on a daily basis during this week.

See you on the Battlefield!

Kristoffer Bergqvist & David Sirland
DICE LA"

benjamin-benjami -
post #9367 of 9388 Old 09-09-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
No, it's not a midlife crisis. Lazy's just mad because he had to get a minivan.

It's actually a man crush on Subaru WRX's.
Get one, pretty cool car. Like most good looking cars though, it looks ok stock, but 100x better with a few mods like tint, suspension, and rims.

Don't be the type that only want a way to get from point A to B and don't care how they get there. Live a little. Driving should be a pleasurable experience, but you're not get warm fuzzies driving economy cars or minivans.
slyderulz likes this.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #9368 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

So thinking of selling off the 2002 Ford Explorer and getting a Subaru Forrester...horrible idea?
post #9369 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
So thinking of selling off the 2002 Ford Explorer and getting a Subaru Forrester...horrible idea?

Yes, get a minivan. You won't regret it.

benjamin-benjami -
post #9370 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I think so, if that's what you want. (manual or automatic?)

Have you started putting money for repairs into the Explorer yet. My old Explorer became a money pit that I wish I would have gotten rid of sooner.

If I wanted a a forester style car, I'd probably end up with a Forester possibly. I'd be curious to see how the Forester with a manual transmission handled.
post #9371 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I think so, if that's what you want. (manual or automatic?)

Have you started putting money for repairs into the Explorer yet. My old Explorer became a money pit that I wish I would have gotten rid of sooner.

If I wanted a a forester style car, I'd probably end up with a Forester possibly. I'd be curious to see how the Forester with a manual transmission handled.
So I'm not crazy. When it was valued at $7000 in 2009: $2700 transmision replacement, $400 there, $300 here, $680 early 2013, tires $700. some sort of oil leak from valve seal? I haven't wanted to fix yet but puts burnt oil smell into the A/C. That enough to be a money pit? Seems excessive to me.

We've been eyeing the Forester, since I've tried to convince her to not get another gas hog Explorer. She won't do the minivan Lazy, I've tried.
post #9372 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Crav, just do like you would for any electronic equipment. I usually look at a few competing class vehicles to narrow down my online research based on specs and reviews. Then email dealerships from each one to give you a quote. And go to the dealers that give you a fair price and test drive them. Just don't get too excited and be prepared to walk away. You can sometimes get some good deals towards the end of the month too, when they are trying to meet sales numbers.
post #9373 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone playing anything tonight? Cmon I can't do Thursday's till January. I know someone on here likes me enough to switch to Wednesday night

benjamin-benjami -
post #9374 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I'm in the he mood for some BF4 honestly. I haven't played anything in like 2 weeks.

I don't think I'm ready to start Destiny yet. I played the beta for like an hour, but never touched the Alpha. I'd like to ease into Destiny by myself I think...later.

------

Yeah, Crav, been there...next thing is the engine...and your mechanic advising you to not put anymore money into it, if he is a decent guy. (I'm done with shops though personally because I have found some good mechanics that work out of their barns.)

I can't stand my 2005 Explorer and I am worried that I'll go down the same route I did last time...or what you did... I recently went over 100k miles). I just think it is too big, at least for me and what I need. I just don't like the way it handles, unless I'm in the rain. Seems too big to get out of its own way.

That's one reason I believe I like the Foresters. I personally believe the theory that if it handles better, then it is a safer vehicle. I imagine a new Forester would handle so so much better than our generation 3 Explorer boats. Also Subarus apparently get good crash test ratings. And they have earned SUV of the year a bunch of times from a bunch of places haven't they?

Plus they have a real AWD system unlike many of their competitors.

Or maybe you could wait for a Ford Bronco (joking...sort of). A buddy told me a Bronco will be coming out sometime with a diesel engine.
post #9375 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Getting on for some BF4 now!
post #9376 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Forgot to say...but my wife loves the Explorer, so I can't get rid of it apparently. (and it's built in my home state, so that's kind of cool)
post #9377 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyone playing anything tonight? Cmon I can't do Thursday's till January. I know someone on here likes me enough to switch to Wednesday night
You didn't mean BF4, did you?
post #9378 of 9388 Old 09-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Yes, get a minivan. You won't regret it.
I must be a lot older than all of you, we've had our Odyssey for over 6 years, and let me tell you what, it's fast, I can get myself, and 7 of my closet friends to where ever way faster than any WRX or mustang GT, you'll be making a second trip, while i'm finishing off my first brew at the chilies. if you only know 3 people, fine, get your wrx, sorry mustang you'll be lucky get one person laying across the back seat, but in a mini van, count it, I can get 8 people in that biatch.

Sadly, with kids, just two can fill up every empty seat with more Sh!t than you would ever need for a 3 day weekend in LA, that's lower Alabama for the uninformed.
emartins, mphfrom77 and Cravit8 like this.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #9379 of 9388 Old 09-11-2014, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-duck-comic-technologies-looking.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	257322   Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-duck-comic-technologies-gif.gif
Views:	111
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	257330  

benjamin-benjami -
post #9380 of 9388 Old 09-12-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Final Stand is looking promising.

Rail Gun, another weapon to take down MPH in a chopper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxggZ07WqzM#t

Some more videos

benjamin-benjami likes this.

benjamin-benjami -
post #9381 of 9388 Old 09-12-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 713
nice...
post #9382 of 9388 Old 09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Idk, the maps seem a little large.
post #9383 of 9388 Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
They do look large, seems like it could be fun. Maybe they will have a map like armored shield and we can play 1000% tickets.
post #9384 of 9388 Old Today, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I think I'm excited.

Might play some today.
post #9385 of 9388 Old Today, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post
They do look large, seems like it could be fun. Maybe they will have a map like armored shield and we can play 1000% tickets.
Nothing beats a good 1500 ticket round of metro in BF3, you get a good match, and it's freaking nuts, I still recall a match that went on for almost 3 hours, and my team won by only a few tickets, found memories of the past.

post #9386 of 9388 Old Today, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

so everyone and their mother is playing Destiny, I need to hear everyone's take. I played the beta, and I was not impressed, it was just a little to much virtual socializing.

I like shooting people, not pretending to be a space hunter looking for virtual space "molly". BF5 is not out until next year, COD is right around the corner, I need a new game.

post #9387 of 9388 Old Today, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
Nothing beats a good 1500 ticket round of metro in BF3, you get a good match, and it's freaking nuts, I still recall a match that went on for almost 3 hours, and my team won by only a few tickets, found memories of the past.
You forgot the best part - your XBOX freezing when your team's about to win by 300 tickets.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #9388 of 9388 Old Today, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
so everyone and their mother is playing Destiny, I need to hear everyone's take. I played the beta, and I was not impressed, it was just a little to much virtual socializing.

I like shooting people, not pretending to be a space hunter looking for virtual space "molly". BF5 is not out until next year, COD is right around the corner, I need a new game.
I'll never abandon BF, but Destiny just came out so I'm jumping on it since last BF pack isn't out.

I have only played BF for the last 3.5 years really so this is the first different type I've put hours into and it's a worthy buy IMO. Like BF, there's so many play style choices to choose from. But it is more fun with friends.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page