243K views 12K replies 184 participants last post by  Abaddon 
#1 ·

I'd say Destruction 2.0 got an upgrade.

See less See more
1 1
#8,007 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/7980#post_24768545

I suck in both jets, but I don't believe the after burners do anything relative to the game it's self, sure it seems to you that your going faster, and that your speed is increasing, but the attack jet still stays right on you tail, I was flying from one end of the map to the other on parcel storm, and I clearly was going no faster than the attack jet, I finally gave up and ditched the plane.

What is your gamertag again?

I tested speeds last night and holding acceleration the attack jet maxes at around 330. I don't know how anyone could confuse 330 with the stealth's afterburner at 420.

Turning radius seems different, and maybe it is, but the misnomer is that the attack jet brakes or accelerates the same as the stealth: it doesn't.

I found out last night that when the brake is tapped, it decelerates at a different pace than the stealth. The stealth seems to have a linear deceleration while the attack felt like a curve, hit the brake too much and it doesn't go from 330 to 300, but quickly from 330 to 250.

They are as different or more so thanthe Tank and Lav, a joy to learn and a blast to use. Got my first JDAM multi-kill last night but it was lonely.

#8,008 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8000_100#post_24771022

Exactly.

I thought they were funny Crav. I just thought you stole them from somewhere else. Now I can give you credit and laugh. Ha.

Rusty might be on tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8000_100#post_24771083

Yes Harp. Exactly.

Funny I dont see any of you on.

EXACTLY!!!

#8,009 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/7980#post_24771200

What is your gamertag again?

I tested speeds last night and holding acceleration the attack jet maxes at around 330. I don't know how anyone could confuse 330 with the stealth's afterburner at 420.

Turning radius seems different, and maybe it is, but the misnomer is that the attack jet brakes or accelerates the same as the stealth: it doesn't.

I found out last night that when the brake is tapped, it decelerates at a different pace than the stealth. The stealth seems to have a linear deceleration while the attack felt like a curve, hit the brake too much and it doesn't go from 330 to 300, but quickly from 330 to 250.

They are as different or more so thanthe Tank and Lav, a joy to learn and a blast to use. Got my first JDAM multi-kill last night but it was lonely.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this, but I'd like to see if there's any real truth to the speed numbers on the HUD, I wasn't really trying to out maneuver the attach jet, I was trying to get way by simply going faster, while I have no way to actually see what's going on behind me, but according to the mini map, the guy was on my tail the whole time trying to take me out with a canon.

on second thought,

I guess, I should not take what I see on the screen as what's actually happening, I noticed last night I was getting hit from a jet head on, but the nose of the plane was pitched downward. Like getting killed after taking 3-4 steps behind a wall, what did the view of the shooter look like, to him, maybe I died prior to going behind the wall, and it took 2 seconds to register on my screen. net code issue?

#8,011 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8010#post_24771729

Zath you tried War Thunder on PC its out on PS4 Tuesday finally and cross plat play. You can learn me some dogfighting WW2 style!

Uh its a Battle on a Field on PS Four so this IS a BF4 related post

I might be in on this, I bought blazing angles when I frist got my PS3, but even then the game I guess was played out, no one was ever on line playing. Sniper elite is also coming out in July

#8,012 ·
War Thunder eh? I'll check it out!

http://warthunder.com/

O wait I read tons of Steam reviews on it. Lots of people bailing on it because a patch re-organized the tiering system and turned the game into a massive grindfest. Didn't know it was cross-platform. Might still look into it. Do you play it Nexus?

#8,013 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8010#post_24772259

War Thunder eh? I'll check it out!

http://warthunder.com/

O wait I read tons of Steam reviews on it. Lots of people bailing on it because a patch re-organized the tiering system and turned the game into a massive grindfest. Didn't know it was cross-platform. Might still look into it. Do you play it Nexus?

Been waiting on the PS4 launch....but will play it for at least one day.
Unless its phenominal I won't play it as much as I do FF but if its enjoyable I can see myself sinking some time in. I love rotating games throughout a week or day in some cases.

#8,021 ·
OK, so i finally got to watch the footage of BF hardline (you can see it at the link below) and apparently it is 6 months old footage

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/29/leaked-battlefield-hardline-trailer-is-6-months-old-claims-deve/

so i will still wait until the reviews come out or at least until we have more details, but i am not sure what i just watched. That looked nothing like a BF game, in fact if i go just off of the footage/description i saw it looks medal of honor bad. I mean this game looks like EA will fire the studio after release bad. I mean for most of those game modes I can't imagine having anywhere close to 64 people, or even 40. I guess at this point i have to hope that destiny is amazing and COD produces a good game, otherwise i guess that i will be waiting until the division for a good game..

#8,024 ·
The cops and robbers thing looks really cool and I loved MoH until it died so no problem there. Except what I like tends to not do well with the masses (MoH:W, KZ). If those game modes are anything like the old Counterstrike hostage modes hell yea! Then again....its releasing in a super loaded holiday season and BF4 pissed me off to no end.

Ben you have a good point. Maybe this won't be near 64 players just so they can cheap out on servers again and get away with it this time.

Hmm part of me really wants to try this but Destiny, COD, and Evolve are out too. So as I see it, BF4 fkd everyone over so Visceral gets to pick up the pieces with a new idea in a crowded release schedule. What could possibly go wrong?

(Yes, the new COD looks awesome! Don't judge me)

#8,025 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8010#post_24775124

The cops and robbers thing looks really cool and I loved MoH until it died so no problem there. Except what I like tends to not do well with the masses (MoH:W, KZ). If those game modes are anything like the old Counterstrike hostage modes hell yea! Then again....its releasing in a super loaded holiday season and BF4 pissed me off to no end.

Ben you have a good point. Maybe this won't be near 64 players just so they can cheap out on servers again and get away with it this time.

Hmm part of me really wants to try this but Destiny, COD, and Evolve are out too. So as I see it, BF4 fkd everyone over so Visceral gets to pick up the pieces with a new idea in a crowded release schedule. What could possibly go wrong?

(Yes, the new COD looks awesome! Don't judge me)

forgot about evolve... i might pick that game up.. i am still upset that sony killed off socom, i know that H hour is coming out, but i don't have high hopes for it. Socom was probably the most fun i ever had playing MP....

#8,026 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami  /t/1476721/battlefield-4/8000_100#post_24775143

forgot about evolve... i might pick that game up.. i am still upset that sony killed off socom, i know that H hour is coming out, but i don't have high hopes for it. Socom was probably the most fun i ever had playing MP....

I agree. Crossroads all dayyyy!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.