Forum Jump: 
 416Likes

post #1081 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 416
If you have Premium already make sure to download in-game. You will unlock 3 battlepacks. Commander needs to be level 10

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

To unlock weapons you only need to use that class of weapon. Scar-H 4000 assault rifle points. Also there seems to be a few gun unlocks that require the campaign, which is stupid in my opinion. But oh well.

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1083 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
How many guns have burst fire in the final game? I didn't like being stuck with the AK in the beta if I wanted to conserve ammo.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1084 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Goddamit people..... I have both consoles pre-ordered at gamestop, I have the XB1 and BF4 on XB1 paid for already and was planning on maybe re-selling the PS4.... but all this talk over here makes me wonder if I should just move the preorder bucks over to the PS4 and BF4 on PS4.

My only qualm is the controller and the sticks not being staggered..... but I have a feeling that it wont really matter that much based on the fact that they increased the size of the DS4 substantially.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1085 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Good luck getting together, you need to start an empty server and hope it fills up

benjamin-benjami -
post #1086 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

How many guns have burst fire in the final game? I didn't like being stuck with the AK in the beta if I wanted to conserve ammo.

8 assaults and 3 carbines.

benjamin-benjami -
post #1087 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 55
For those who haven't played yet you have to DL a small patch before playing.

That's stupid...no lobby squad up?
Just froze joining cravit8s invite. Restart and downloading another patch or same one I DL before? I'm confused.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #1088 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:21 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

The patch only took a couple mins for me.

Also looks like no queue when joining a server.
I was hoping you could go in the test range with friends but it didn't give me an option when cravit8 was in the range.

post #1089 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

For those who haven't played yet you have to DL a small patch before playing.

That's stupid...no lobby squad up?
Just froze joining cravit8s invite. Restart and downloading another patch or same one I DL before? I'm confused.

Issues over here too. Can't join Lazy or Cravit. I can't even open Battlelog from the menus to join friend games just like in the beta.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #1090 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Doorman, its showing that you keep logging off and on

post #1091 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Goddamit people..... I have both consoles pre-ordered at gamestop, I have the XB1 and BF4 on XB1 paid for already and was planning on maybe re-selling the PS4.... but all this talk over here makes me wonder if I should just move the preorder bucks over to the PS4 and BF4 on PS4.

My only qualm is the controller and the sticks not being staggered..... but I have a feeling that it wont really matter that much based on the fact that they increased the size of the DS4 substantially.

BF4 on PS4 will be the definitive console version of the game. There's no arguing that. Even if everything else is the same, there's going to be a a significant boost in pixels rendered due to the resolution differences. It helps with aliasing, but I'm more happy that it'll resolve finer detail further away then we saw on the PS360 titles.

The question is how much does it matter to you.

It's still going to blow the PS360 version out of the water on the XB1. I'd go with whatever version your friends are mostly getting.
post #1092 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Looks like the real Beta is beginning!

Trail, thanks!

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #1093 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
A simple restart of the PS3 is now opening battlelog from the menus but it's not even allowing me to queue into Lazy and Cravit's game. Same with Trail's server. Just receiving pop up messages saying " No free commander spots".

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #1094 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Ahh I'm enjoying work. When you guys iron it all out I will be home and ready to play while your all napping...biggrin.gif
post #1095 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

No Free Commander Spots is just another way of saying "Game is Full"

Nexus you know you are jealous.

benjamin-benjami -
post #1096 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

8 assaults and 3 carbines.

My interest just shot up, hated full auto and how it drained ammo.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1097 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I am jealous!biggrin.gif

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #1098 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Actually I'm not jealous amazingly enough. I think because I wasn't planning on getting the current gen version initially I'm not excited. This just feels like an extended beta test. I am looking forward to playing and checking it all out but my raging woodrow is reserved for some next gen goodness in a couple weeks!
post #1099 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Goddamit people..... I have both consoles pre-ordered at gamestop, I have the XB1 and BF4 on XB1 paid for already and was planning on maybe re-selling the PS4.... but all this talk over here makes me wonder if I should just move the preorder bucks over to the PS4 and BF4 on PS4.My only qualm is the controller and the sticks not being staggered..... but I have a feeling that it wont really matter that much based on the fact that they increased the size of the DS4 substantially.

Ditch the bone, greatness awaits!
post #1100 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I am looking forward to playing and checking it all out but my raging woodrow is reserved for some next gen goodness in a couple weeks!

Hahaha... word.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #1101 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Good luck getting together, you need to start an empty server and hope it fills up

Yep, I did that invited you and a pal and the server went from 2 to 15 in about 20 seconds. So at least that is great. Actually, that might be better that it was on BF3. I remember entering servers at zero on BF3 and waiting 15 min just to get 2 people to hop in.

Sorry I couldn't chat earlier, had brought the console to work to finish downloading and just screw around during the lunch break.

Desinty:
post #1102 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

For those of you not getting the PS3 version...man every minute that went by in that crazy frenetic gameplay I did earlier just got me more juiced.
I thought it'd be a spoiler not just waiting for PS4 version, but from the greatness I'm seeing on the PS4 version...it's going to be flipping great upgrading just 2 weeks in, like losing my virginity a second time.

For those of you pre-ordering both next gen...maybe just take note on how many of us switched from 360 to PS4.

PS4 peeps working on filling a 32 man team now. Greatness awaits

I'm running into different glitches than the above posts, fyi. I expect 1 or 2 more patches in the next week.

Also need to figure out my TV calibration issues, I certainly couldn't see where my reticle was pointed in the jets in the TEST RANGE. As in, the reticle is the same color as the sky confused.gif

Does @emartins have a patch for us all to wear? I'm not tied to any other groups, may as well wear an AVS one.

Desinty:
post #1103 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

I just got back from GS after spending 2 hours just chatting with the manager. I also have both a PS4 and Xbone on preorder, both consoles are paid off entirely, along with BF4 for (picked up today) X360 , PS4, and One. You may have far better success selling your PS4 than I'll have selling my Xbone though. Behind the counter, he showed me that he had 82 slips of paper with the names and numbers of people that wanted a PS4 but hadn't preordered. He had exactly one (yes, a measly one) name of someone for the Xbone. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but there it was. I'm getting worried I won't be able to dump the thing at this point. frown.gif

That said, there's going to be massive amounts of AVSers on PS4. I don't think there will be any time of day you won't be able to get at least a full squad together, with the possibility of having an entire team in certain instances. That, to me, is absolutely amazing and well worth all the work I put in over the past few months getting everyone on the same page and not splitting up into fractions of our collective glory. I think we're going to have just as many dominating matches and as much fun as we ever had, provided we can all get together regularly. We're always happy to add another to our brigade. smile.gif

However, if you're the type that worries about your KDR, you should keep in mind that given the black crush on Xbone, you'll only need to unlock the Spec Ops camo on that console and you'll be completely invisible to anyone and everyone, everywhere and anywhere, save for out in the middle of a wide open field on the clearest of days and only at high noon. Campers are going to love the black crush and EE-type processing. Me, not so much. mad.gif

As for the controller, my $30 DS$ controllers shipped from Amazon yesterday. Got to hold the ones at GS in my hands and it's a DRASTIC improvement. I can see why they are DICE's favorites. smile.gif
Nima, benjamin-benjami and Spanglo like this.
post #1104 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

I just got back from GS after spending 2 hours just chatting with the manager. I also have both a PS4 and Xbone on preorder, both consoles are paid off entirely, along with BF4 for (picked up today) X360 , PS4, and One. You may have far better success selling your PS4 than I'll have selling my Xbone though. Behind the counter, he showed me that he had 82 slips of paper with the names and numbers of people that wanted a PS4 but hadn't preordered. He had exactly one (yes, a measly one) name of someone for the Xbone. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but there it was. I'm getting worried I won't be able to dump the thing at this point. frown.gif

That said, there's going to be massive amounts of AVSers on PS4. I don't think there will be any time of day you won't be able to get at least a full squad together, with the possibility of having an entire team in certain instances. That, to me, is absolutely amazing and well worth all the work I put in over the past few months getting everyone on the same page and not splitting up into fractions of our collective glory. I think we're going to have just as many dominating matches and as much fun as we ever had, provided we can all get together regularly. We're always happy to add another to our brigade. smile.gif

However, if you're the type that worries about your KDR, you should keep in mind that given the black crush on Xbone, you'll only need to unlock the Spec Ops camo on that console and you'll be completely invisible to anyone and everyone, everywhere and anywhere, save for out in the middle of a wide open field on the clearest of days and only at high noon. Campers are going to love the black crush and EE-type processing. Me, not so much. mad.gif

As for the controller, my $30 DS$ controllers shipped from Amazon yesterday. Got to hold the ones at GS in my hands and it's a DRASTIC improvement. I can see why they are DICE's favorites. smile.gif

Indeed spyder, the BF4 list of AVSers is quite impressive. That coupled with Playstation + being awesome, and the PS4 coming out a week sooner may push me over the edge. I know I will eventually get both because my toddler is gonna love the kinect, but for now I think i might convert to PS4 BF4.....

Let me know what you think of the DS4......... I went into gamestop for lunch and they must have had 40+ DS4s in stock and ready to sell.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #1105 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Indeed spyder, the BF4 list of AVSers is quite impressive. That coupled with Playstation + being awesome, and the PS4 coming out a week sooner may push me over the edge. I know I will eventually get both because my toddler is gonna love the kinect, but for now I think i might convert to PS4 BF4.....

Let me know what you think of the DS4......... I went into gamestop for lunch and they must have had 40+ DS4s in stock and ready to sell.

I had no idea the DS4 would be available 2 weeks early. What a crazy interesting move by Sony. Wonder if DICE pursued Sony to release the DS4 early to create a trickle-down effect for hype toward BF4 on the PS4?

Desinty:
post #1106 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys who have been to GameStop recently, you know if they're doing a midnight release for the PS4?

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #1107 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

GS here is I think. Can't remember if I asked or not. Have the whole day off either way.

Now I'm itching to play. Been doing menial tasks all afternoon and I'm ready to blast some fool's!!!!
post #1108 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Whats this about KDR?

Battlefield is all about getting PROMOTED!!1!
post #1109 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

GS here is I think. Can't remember if I asked or not. Have the whole day off either way.

Now I'm itching to play. Been doing menial tasks all afternoon and I'm ready to blast some fool's!!!!

Just worried they oversold pre orders. I don't want to show up Fri morning and be denied because they already ran through the supply. If they're midnight releasing then I'll be there.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
post #1110 of 9434 Old 10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Please add Chairman7w to your PS4 list!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4