442Likes

post #91 of 9597 Old 06-27-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Ok, simple enough, I got it now.

Cool, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

PSN - Hapi_Kilmore_v3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 9597 Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

So if I reup my GS pro I get a 50% bonus on trade ins? I'm guessing its a one time use. How long will the upgrade deal run before they shut it down and does the coupon expire and if so when? Along those same lines, will the current gen console trade in value drop as we get closer to launch, ie better to trade sooner or can I wait a month or two?

One time use, mine said it expired in August of 2013, cant remember the date. The gamestop employees I talked to fully expected trade in values to drop once more and more people started trading their consoles in, by how much, who knows.

I just posted this in the BF3 xbox thread, but here is some values of what you can get, not sure if these amounts vary from state to state or city to city though:

250 gig slim - $135 = $202.5 with coupon

4 gig slim - $90 = $135 with coupon

White 360 - $60 = $90 with coupon

Kinect - $20 = $30 with coupon

Controllers will net you about $25 with the 50% coupon

Saw your post after I put mine up... Hell a slim, fat, Kinect and 3 controllers could net around $400. Still have to toss on all my games plus the other consoles and their stuff.

So all that store credit lets you just outright buy a PS4 today for pickup on release, no cash down above and beyond? I'm assuming they don't have an expiration date on store credit either?

Dumb questions i know but I've never dealt with GS on the long term like this. Most I usually do is buy something cheap and clear my extras every so often.
post #93 of 9597 Old 06-27-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
spyder, that is just insanity being able to flip them like that. I only have one GS in the area and I can't pull that off, but holy crap, you could live off of that...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #94 of 9597 Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
What is the best way to buy a couple of 360s? I want to do a 3 display set up for Forza and was thinking of 2 4gb models. But then I had a thought it may be best to install full games so it all runs faster. Should I go used or is it better to buy new?
post #95 of 9597 Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

spyder, that is just insanity being able to flip them like that. I only have one GS in the area and I can't pull that off, but holy crap, you could live off of that...

It comes and it goes. Unfortunately, the local market is full of guys that are willing to offer people $40 for consoles that are broken, fix them, and sell them for $50. $10 isn't worth my time or effort. Sadly, these jackholes rarely know what they're doing and their poor customers often end up giving me their consoles anyway.

When I first started doing console repairs, there were about 5 of us in the entire country doing it. I never advertised, and still had people knocking on my door and calling 24/7. MS was charging $140 at the time, and I did it for half of that. Plus, there was no 4-6 week wait, I did it in under an hour. Folks would drop off their units, go eat, and come back, and it was done. Eventually, both my wife and I got a little sick of dealing with people at our home, so I cut way back.

I teamed up with a guy that was a genius at both repairs and modding a bit after. In the holiday season of 2007, we'd have 500+ consoles stacked up from floor to ceiling in his halls for weeks on end. We couldn't keep up. We were swimming in cash. Literally. One day we put about $10,000 in bills we'd collected over the weekend on the ground and rolled in it just for fun. Then the day came that I found out that most of his profits were going straight up his nose. He changed dramatically. One day, I caught him stealing and it was all over in just minutes, with me heading out the door. Done.

I went rogue for a while, then teamed up with another guy. Still friends with him to this day, but he then teamed up with some douchebag he met. Said d-bag didn't want me in the picture. He talked a big game. They opened a shop together and did fairly well. The guy ended up stealing about $60,000 from the business and my friend. No wonder the a-hole didn't want me around! We both lament at how things should have went, but that's life. That was over a year ago, and he's still trying to pay the back bills. Sad. He and I still work together a bit, but repairs for this gen are pretty much dead. (By the way, the prick that stole is now in prison.)

And here we are today. I still pick up a few consoles here and there, but once I saw that a guy was advertising that he'd; drive to your house, repair your console, show you it was done, and only charge $20 for doing so, I knew the death bell had rung on anything other than doing trades to GS. I don't work for free.
post #96 of 9597 Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

untitled-13sumu.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
untitled-11ku1t.gif

untitled-1p9ule.gif

Sure that looks great. But does it have fish AI?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
coddog.gif

If they didn't say it, I would have thought Ghosts was running on current gen hardware. CoD is such a joke of a game series.

500 gigs FTW.
post #97 of 9597 Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

If they didn't say it, I would have thought Ghosts was running on current gen hardware. CoD is such a joke of a game series.

But..but its got a dog and fishies and a new engine, secretly just an updated current engine but its got new version numbers!!! The story looks kind of cool though and worth a rental at least. Not sure its going to embody the next generation. The trailer I watched had some water scenes and I kept thinking about what Dice said about the waves being consistent across multiplayer in BF4. I know FB3 is probably just an updated version of FB2 rather than a rewrite but reuse once or twice may not be a bad thing. They have already stated FB2 was next gen ready and good for a long time as it was built with the future in mind. Also, with their partnership to AMD I'm guessing their going to be on the fast track to milking everything the new generation has.
post #98 of 9597 Old 06-28-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Not all updates are the same. Many times renders and shader engines are completely re-written, while the things that need to stay the same to keep the feel are only tweaked (netcode, input, audio, ect).

COD looks like they just put in a little shine and cranked up the triangles. BF4 looks like a pretty good iterative step instead, and it's on a native DX11.1 engine as it is.

ID Tech 3 can only take you so far. Even Valve has their source Engine 2 deep in development, which is another complete rewrite of GoldSource from the rendered up.
post #99 of 9597 Old 06-28-2013, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not all updates are the same. Many times renders and shader engines are completely re-written, while the things that need to stay the same to keep the feel are only tweaked (netcode, input, audio, ect).

COD looks like they just put in a little shine and cranked up the triangles. BF4 looks like a pretty good iterative step instead, and it's on a native DX11.1 engine as it is.

ID Tech 3 can only take you so far. Even Valve has their source Engine 2 deep in development, which is another complete rewrite of GoldSource from the rendered up.

I know. Most times the engines are just revisions, some major, some not so much. I just get a kick of COD bragging about a new engine even though its still the same old tired one from ages back. smile.gif On one hand, a well used engine is easy to update to a degree plus its well understood and a new engine has a lot of unkowns, yada yada. But new new is shiny!
post #100 of 9597 Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Son of a motherless goat if I had waited 2 weeks for my trade in I would have gotten $70 more in credit! :-(
http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values Values went up.

Edit* correction, some values, remotes went down.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #101 of 9597 Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Son of a motherless goat if I had waited 2 weeks for my trade in I would have gotten $70 more in credit! :-(
http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values Values went up.

Edit* correction, some values, remotes went down.

Well damn. How the hell does that work? I figured trade in values would have gone down due to more people trading in.

Just read the fine print. That table is somewhat misleading, the trade in values they advertise already include there promo deals which I assume is the 30% extra.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #102 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
LOL

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #103 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well damn. How the hell does that work? I figured trade in values would have gone down due to more people trading in.

Just read the fine print. That table is somewhat misleading, the trade in values they advertise already include there promo deals which I assume is the 30% extra.

I also think the value is based on getting and extra 30% if the trade credit goes directly toward a special list of items. But the value did go up, so those with the 50% extra coupon will get more like $225 for a console?
I am surprised the value's went up, I really thought it'd be a steady downward spiral from E3 moving forward.

If you want to see what you'll get for your stuff with the 50%:
  • Look at the list for your item.
  • Multiply the price by .7
  • Take that number and multiply by 1.5
  • This assumes your console is the 320GB or above.

post #104 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

This is how a Trex flies a jet. Make it happen Dice.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #105 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:

this is picture i was thinking of!!
post #106 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bill Watterson, what a genius.

post #107 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

this is picture i was thinking of!!

Quote:

Bill Watterson, what a genius.

If DICE had more american employees they would understand this because we all grew up with Calvin.

post #108 of 9597 Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 PM

Liked: 123
Quote:

I also think the value is based on getting and extra 30% if the trade credit goes directly toward a special list of items. But the value did go up, so those with the 50% extra coupon will get more like $225 for a console?
I am surprised the value's went up, I really thought it'd be a steady downward spiral from E3 moving forward.

If you want to see what you'll get for your stuff with the 50%:
  • Look at the list for your item.
  • Multiply the price by .7
  • Take that number and multiply by 1.5
  • This assumes your console is the 320GB or above.

That math only works if you're getting a PS4. smile.gif

If you're buying the Xbone, multiply everything by zero. tongue.gif
post #109 of 9597 Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

How perfect is it that this went free on PS Plus last night after I sadly traded in my 360 and BF3 and was worried my flight skills would degrade drastically over the next 5 months? now I worry no longer! More time to get used to the dualshock remote :-)

post #110 of 9597 Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudiggs View Post

Reporting for PS4 BF4 duty!

LOL, thanks I needed that laugh.

PSN: ROLL_mf_TIDE

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR | Sony S5100 BD Player
post #111 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

How perfect is it that this went free on PS Plus last night after I sadly traded in my 360 and BF3 and was worried my flight skills would degrade drastically over the next 5 months? now I worry no longer! More time to get used to the dualshock remote :-)

Don't get too used to it, as apparently the DS4 controller feels completely different (in a better way for most / FPS fans)

Really hope BF4 hit their target of 1080P/60 on consoles. Something tells me it's going to feel like a totally new game with 64 players and much better resolution, texture resolution, and draw distances.
post #112 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

I played a bit of BF3 just to get used to the feel of the engine again, but being 30fps vs 60fps it doesn't do much for getting ready for BF4.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #113 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Been playing a bit myself and I actually think the PS3 BF3 looks a little better visually than the 360. Seems to be more particle effects on bullet ricochets like PC has. Played both versions last night and the 360 version does seem a little less.
post #114 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Been playing a bit myself and I actually think the PS3 BF3 looks a little better visually than the 360. Seems to be more particle effects on bullet ricochets like PC has. Played both versions last night and the 360 version does seem a little less.

I have both versions and agree that the PS3 looks better. It also sounds so much better on the PS3.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
post #115 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

DAT uncompressed audio (just assuming there)
post #116 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Don't get too used to it, as apparently the DS4 controller feels completely different (in a better way for most / FPS fans).

I'm now a rank 7 (lance corporal 2 star) and I have to give the DS3 2 strikes out of 3.
Stirke 1: Spotting is atrciously hard as the otherwise completely innocuous "select" button just cannot be reached without totally compromising maneuverability while just being more difficult to mash compared to 360 remote.
I'm a big time spotter, certainly not because I need 10 points, but because it helps my team.
Strike 2: may be more of a transition issue is flying is harder as it requires 4 fingers on the triggers. I may see a parabolic shift though as R1/L1 are better firing triggers, which leads to
Hit: R1/L1mechanical triggers are better for firing compared to R2/L2 of the 360.

That being said, I most Importantly did not want my gaming skills to degrade before BF4 was released. I'm really looking forward/hoping the touchpad lends to great functionality on the DS4

post #117 of 9597 Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm now a rank 7 (lance corporal 2 star) and I have to give the DS3 2 strikes out of 3.
Stirke 1: Spotting is atrciously hard as the otherwise completely innocuous "select" button just cannot be reached without totally compromising maneuverability while just being more difficult to mash compared to 360 remote.
I'm a big time spotter, certainly not because I need 10 points, but because it helps my team.
Strike 2: may be more of a transition issue is flying is harder as it requires 4 fingers on the triggers. I may see a parabolic shift though as R1/L1 are better firing triggers, which leads to
Hit: R1/L1mechanical triggers are better for firing compared to R2/L2 of the 360.

That being said, I most Importantly did not want my gaming skills to degrade before BF4 was released. I'm really looking forward/hoping the touchpad lends to great functionality on the DS4

I recently made the switch to BF3 on the PS3 from the 360 and feel the same way (traded in my 360 for next gen credit). I ended up ordering the cronus device last night:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008US4PBY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual products website has it for $10 less, but I had a bunch of Gamestop credit that I converted to Amazon credit, so it was an easy decision.

I have done a lot of research and this seems to be the best option. It lets you flip the aiming/shooting from L1/R1 to L2/R2 so that you can use the actual 360 triggers (yes....). All reviews I have read say there is zero lag and no dead zone....

I initially wanted to just buy a PS3 controller that was settup like the 360 one, but of the 2-3 that I tried, they all had bad dead zones that made aiming in BF3 terrible and frustrating.

I went from a Colonel level 30 I think on the 360 to a level 1 on PS3, I am looking forward to unlocking everything again... feel free to add me to you friends list, Ill be playing on PS3 until BF4 is out on the XB1.

post #118 of 9597 Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

I recently made the switch to BF3 on the PS3 from the 360 and feel the same way (traded in my 360 for next gen credit). I ended up ordering the cronus device last night:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008US4PBY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The actual products website has it for $10 less, but I had a bunch of Gamestop credit that I converted to Amazon credit, so it was an easy decision.

I have done a lot of research and this seems to be the best option. It lets you flip the aiming/shooting from L1/R1 to L2/R2 so that you can use the actual 360 triggers (yes....). All reviews I have read say there is zero lag and no dead zone....

I initially wanted to just buy a PS3 controller that was settup like the 360 one, but of the 2-3 that I tried, they all had bad dead zones that made aiming in BF3 terrible and frustrating.

I went from a Colonel level 30 I think on the 360 to a level 1 on PS3, I am looking forward to unlocking everything again... feel free to add me to you friends list, Ill be playing on PS3 until BF4 is out on the XB1.

Any assessment on this. I really think this would help me out with my transition from X360 to PS3.
post #119 of 9597 Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Any assessment on this. I really think this would help me out with my transition from X360 to PS3.

The device came today. Gonna get some BF3 in tonight. Ill post impressions tomorrow or late tonight.

post #120 of 9597 Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

After playing a 1500 ticket CQ metro game, I can confirm without a doubt that the Cronus Device is the real deal. Took about 2 minutes to load the trigger flip profile onto the device, then started playing with ease. Zero lag, zero dead zone, all 360 controller feel. Well worth the investment.

UPDATE: Flipping the R1/R2 buttons messes up vehicle controls. Instead of using RT to accelerate, you have to use RB. This is not the Cronus's fault, BF3 on the PS3 uses R1 to shoot and R2 to accelerate when in vehicles.

On the 360 RT is used to both shoot and accelerate. Pretty lame, not a gamebreaker, but frustrating. If somehow the Cronus device could know when you are in a vehicle and when you aren't....

I fixed the issue by having to change profiles on the device with the click of a button. Profile 1 has the trigger flip and profile 0 is normal, meaning I need to get my lazy ass up off the couch every time i get in a vehicle to switch the profile to 0......

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page