post #1441 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Will the server update finally implement queuing? Joining up with you guys is painful.

I dont know, someone said they had it but I didnt see the option and checking battlelog says they added it for the PC. I just join in as the commander then wait for room and join in. What I do is leave the game and right away press the join button on battlelog. Seemed to work so far.

Rumour is the Day 1 update for next gen is going to be a large one.
Cravit8 likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I just noticed on the jets that the 2 dont start off with the same guns. Could be why one feels stronger than the other. The stealth jets start off with 20mm and the attack have the 30mm. You unlock the 25 and 30 for the stealth. Trail, not sure if you have the 30 unlocked already and noticed the difference still or maybe you just kind of forgot about that.

I am working my way through the jet unlocks, I have 102 points with the stealth and 547 with attack. I'll have that maxed out in time for Bad Company 4. Where is Air Superiority when you need it.

yeah i noticed that, i barely have any unlocks for the stealth jets, I'm curious if the steath jet 25mm and 30mm will have reload magazines like the scout heli when you change from minigun to 25mm cannons. I know in battlelog the rate of fire will be slower, so I imagine they wont be a powerful as the attack jet.

MPH, from my experience games like what you're commenting on are pretty rare, this guy is one of the better guys in the world in jets. He took out a ton of vehicles and had crappy enemy pilots, no one equipped any AA to reduce his effectiveness, he barely killed any infantry that were not in vehicles. All it would of took is some coordinated effort on the ground with stingers to keep him away, or a good jet pilot in the attack jet, or a slightly good pilot in the stealth jet to occupy him.

While I agree the attack choppers have been nerfed, especially the gunner, I really dont think a couple of people with stingers on the ground should be able to kill an elite pilot like that. I agree they should be able to damage his jet and keep him away from making multiple repeated passes or he will die and I think that's the case now. Remember this guy is an awesome pilot that is playing against a crappy team.
Cravit8 likes this.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #1443 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:

I just join in as the commander then wait for room and join in. What I do is leave the game and right away press the join button on battlelog. Seemed to work so far.

This. I used the iPad app (don't have a PC by my couch) last night to do server searches and joins for the first time. It's brilliant.
Best part is if the console is loading the map of a server you previously selected, you can choose another server on the battlelog app and the game will cancel that server load-in and switch to loading the desire one. Sorry that's combulated text, I'm tired.

Need to test if we tool around as commander and join from the battlelog app instead of quitting all the way out; or maybe a combo of quitting out and tapping join on the app to reduce the time and make sure to get a spot.
post #1444 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

MPH, from my experience games like what you're commenting on are pretty rare, this guy is one of the better guys in the world in jets. He took out a ton of vehicles and had crappy enemy pilots, no one equipped any AA to reduce his effectiveness, he barely killed any infantry that were not in vehicles. All it would of took is some coordinated effort on the ground with stingers to keep him away, or a good jet pilot in the attack jet, or a slightly good pilot in the stealth jet to occupy him.

While I agree the attack choppers have been nerfed, especially the gunner, I really dont think a couple of people with stingers on the ground should be able to kill an elite pilot like that. I agree they should be able to damage his jet and keep him away from making multiple repeated passes or he will die and I think that's the case now. Remember this guy is an awesome pilot that is playing against a crappy team.

I agree that's a fair balance. Being able to take down an elite pilot means all of us average joes in a jet won't get 8 seconds on that bull. Being able to deter an elite pilot seems like a great balance target from DICE.

In obliteration, I'm not a fan of the air radar. Would be nice to get in a jet and tickle ground units before immediately going into the circle game.
post #1445 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Hopefully the next Battlefield is a return to the 2142 style, I really want to play that... Bad Company 3 can come after that in a rotation.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1446 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Was Premium on PSN available for pre-order Oct29 and before, during the $10 back for $50 or is there some other benefit to having it now, besides making 40 layers of boobs?
post #1447 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

This. I used the iPad app (don't have a PC by my couch) last night to do server searches and joins for the first time. It's brilliant.
Best part is if the console is loading the map of a server you previously selected, you can choose another server on the battlelog app and the game will cancel that server load-in and switch to loading the desire one. Sorry that's combulated text, I'm tired.

Need to test if we tool around as commander and join from the battlelog app instead of quitting all the way out; or maybe a combo of quitting out and tapping join on the app to reduce the time and make sure to get a spot.

Man, I need to update my iPad so I can DL the BL app. I have it on my Razr, but the screen is a little small and really laggy.
post #1448 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Would anyone with spare time and a love for doing emblems want to try one of the following for me? I am thinking either '69 or '96 might be the easiest.

post #1449 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Had some really fun matches last night with everyone here, that last one was a grind and operation locker was total opposite how I thought the outcome would be. I thought we were going to get steam rolled at first. Man, obliteration can last anywhere from 5min to hours depending on the matchup between teams.

Noob question, is there a way to specifically join a server as commander when each team is full or does it automatically put you in an empty commander spot?

post #1450 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Was Premium on PSN available for pre-order Oct29 and before, during the $10 back for $50 or is there some other benefit to having it now, besides making 40 layers of boobs?

Yes you could of preordered it during the promotion. Thats what I ended up doing. I was going to wait but I figured another $10 for another game later on would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

Would anyone with spare time and a love for doing emblems want to try one of the following for me? I am thinking either '69 or '96 might be the easiest.

Uumm.....I can try. I think the 96 might be the easier one.

Quote:

Had some really fun matches last night with everyone here, that last one was a grind and operation locker was total opposite how I thought the outcome would be. I thought we were going to get steam rolled at first. Man, obliteration can last anywhere from 5min to hours depending on the matchup between teams.

Noob question, is there a way to specifically join a server as commander when each team is full or does it automatically put you in an empty commander spot?

Veteran answer. The way I do it ,and only way I know how, is through the server browser. I think its the square button brings you in as a commander. You cant pick your side but usually if you have friends in the game you will be the commander on their team. I just do a search for the server you guys are in. I just type in the numbers on the server name and its always the only or first one on the list.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #1451 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Yeah that last one was a bear, it took way longer than I thought. At least we finally got the win!

Oh and don't think I didn't see your revenge comment on the previous page, son. I've got a blade with your name on it if you decide to start shooting me in the face again, BF3 style biggrin.gif

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #1452 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Had fun last night till I locked up but it sounds like you won so good news. I just said eff it and went to bed.

Yea Crav I got Premium under the $10 back deal and now that you mention it, 40 layers of boobs sounds pretty enticing wink.gif
post #1453 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Uumm.....I can try. I think the 96 might be the easier one.
I would really appreciate it.
Quote:

Veteran answer. The way I do it ,and only way I know how, is through the server browser.

When in the server browser settings, what do you select for "free slots"? I have tried everything and I either get all full servers or all empty servers and I forget how I had it set up on BF3 and don't have it anymore to check.
post #1454 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Man, I need to update my iPad so I can DL the BL app. I have it on my Razr, but the screen is a little small and really laggy.

confused.gif
I'm running jailbroken 6.1.2, not iOS 7 on iPad 3, you mean you have iPad 1?
post #1455 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would really appreciate it.
When in the server browser settings, what do you select for "free slots"? I have tried everything and I either get all full servers or all empty servers and I forget how I had it set up on BF3 and don't have it anymore to check.

The server browser sucks right now, it shows all full and empty ones even though you have it unchecked.

To join in as commander you need to be a level 10 and for PS3 I think its the square button for commander. It says it on the bottom what button to press. I know X is to join and triangle is to see the server settings so it only leaves square.

post #1456 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes you could of preordered it during the promotion. Thats what I ended up doing. I was going to wait but I figured another $10 for another game later on would be better.
#%& son of motherless goat...thought I only saw premium preorder for PC on PSN.
post #1457 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

I think the bf4 server browser is messed up. It doesn't filter number of available slots like bf3 does, and for some reason they make you scroll past 200 full servers to get to the one or two that have available slots. I'm not sure if any of this has changed since the updates though. If you want to join a game by yourself without friends just do quick game and then select the game mode you want to play.

Ha Gutter, I forgot about that or else I would of mentioned it last night. Even when you're on my team, standing right next to me, I get knifed instead of you. At least you killed that guy though smile.gif I'm sure youll get your knife opportunities on me, the game has only been out a week.

post #1458 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Ha Gutter, I forgot about that or else I would of mentioned it last night. Even when you're on my team, standing right next to me, I get knifed instead of you. At least you killed that guy though smile.gif I'm sure youll get your knife opportunities on me, the game has only been out a week.

Yes, plenty of time for some good sparring wink.gif

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #1459 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I got my first ever jet kills in any BF game last night on Hainan Resort using the guided missiles (I think that's what they were). I had no idea they came unlocked by default but since they were available, I used them and to my advantage. Only went 3-0 in that match (joined while match was in progress and all 3 kills were jet kills) but it felt like I really contributed to the win. It wasn't only a feeling of accomplishment but more like a feeling that I was able to help out in other ways other than just being infantry.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #1460 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

confused.gif
I'm running jailbroken 6.1.2, not iOS 7 on iPad 3, you mean you have iPad 1?

Unfortunately, yes I do have an aging and decrepit iPad1 and I have not updated it in over a year so I think I am still on 5.x.x. I am waiting for it to completely stop working before I get another tablet...been thinking about the Kindle Fire HDX when it is available because I have grown quite fond of the android network and the only tying me to apple is my songs in itunes that I downloaded into there.
post #1461 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The server browser sucks right now, it shows all full and empty ones even though you have it unchecked.

To join in as commander you need to be a level 10 and for PS3 I think its the square button for commander. It says it on the bottom what button to press. I know X is to join and triangle is to see the server settings so it only leaves square.
That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure I was not doing anything wrong. Only 9 more days until I get to get some BF on with you guys on the PS4. I have pretty large current group of buddies that are all converting over from the 360 to the PS4, so no doubt there will be plenty of people to game with.
post #1462 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

[quote name="Cravit8" url="/t/1476721/battlefield-4/1440#post_23917168"]:confused:I'm running jailbroken 6.1.2, not iOS 7 on iPad 3, you mean you have iPad 1?[/quote]Unfortunately, yes I do have an aging and decrepit iPad1 and I have not updated it in over a year so I think I am still on 5.x.x. I am waiting for it to completely stop working before I get another tablet...been thinking about the Kindle Fire HDX when it is available because I have grown quite fond of the android network and the only tying me to apple is my songs in itunes that I downloaded into there.

You can upload the DRM free iTunes mp3's into Google Music. They allow up to 20k personal songs. It takes a bit if you have thousands.
post #1463 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

You can upload the DRM free iTunes mp3's into Google Music. They allow up to 20k personal songs. It takes a bit if you have thousands.

I may have to look into that once I get myself another PC or laptop. Right now all I have is a work laptop and they have it locked so you need an admin password to DL stuff which sucks...hence the reason I have not updated my iPad in a while, I cannot DL iTunes to my laptop. mad.gif
post #1464 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Finally counterknifed somebody last night. Saw the R3 prompt when he went in for the stab and it countered. Sweet!

The Weekend Warriors
post #1465 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 60
So the first DLC isn't China Rising?

That means people who pre-ordered the game to get China Rising free will still have to either purchase the 1st DLC separately or purchase Premium, in which China Rising is already included anyways? Way to go, EA/DICE!
post #1466 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

So the first DLC isn't China Rising?That means people who pre-ordered the game to get China Rising free will still have to either purchase the 1st DLC separately or purchase Premium, in which China Rising is already included anyways? Way to go, EA/DICE!

China Rising comes out in December far as I know and is the first. Second Assault is the Xbox day one perk, no announcement when it comes to PS or PC.
post #1467 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Just like BF3, if you preordered it you got the first map pack for free. Still premium in the long run is cheaper. 4 more map packs at $15 a piece.

Plus 40 layers of boobs.

post #1468 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

I got my first ever jet kills in any BF game last night on Hainan Resort using the guided missiles (I think that's what they were). I had no idea they came unlocked by default but since they were available, I used them and to my advantage. Only went 3-0 in that match (joined while match was in progress and all 3 kills were jet kills) but it felt like I really contributed to the win. It wasn't only a feeling of accomplishment but more like a feeling that I was able to help out in other ways other than just being infantry.

To cool to play with us last night? Dont worry we will remember that next time.

post #1469 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Not sure if you guys that played last night saw the battelog report for that game but wow did we get hammered in kills. We still got the win so I dont care but I thought it was just me.

Our team went 192-249
Losers 225-207

post #1470 of 8799 Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

To cool to play with us last night? Dont worry we will remember that next time.

Haha! Actually I think both you and Nex were playing SP and then after my match I tried joining (unsuccessfully) off of Nex. It was then 10pm and had to call it a night. Once things settle down here tonight, I'll catch up with you guys ..

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page