Forum Jump: 
 96Likes

post #1621 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Sure sounds like it was a good weekend. I was on Saturday afternoon but I was alone for most of the afternoon till Cravit showed up but I only had a game left to play. I guess its time to use my double xp bonuses. I cant let this happen, I wanna be the MPH of BF4. Even though I have a feeling that somehow he will still pass me being 3 weeks behind.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 123
I'm guessing I'll do pc for my alone time. But that will be awkward, because then people won't join off me. IDK...doesn't matter...Lazy (and Trail), you guys have some explaining to do.

Are you guys stealing emblems and then telling us here that you made them.rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Work in progress. They need more emblems and shapes to work with.

Okay, lets hear the lame excuse.

(this thread is already getting long...I had to go back quite a ways for that quote)

Bonus clip.

Jet get owned. Have a seat. Next time you'll think twice about locking an Attack Boat.tongue.gif (it's actually just the last 15 seconds of the video if you want to skip to it)

Also, btw, I am loving Obliteration. Actually I can't play any other mode at the moment. (that map in the video above was kind of boring, though)

Obliteration with 48-64 man servers is just pure chaos. Hopefully we can have large player counts in that mode on PS4, regardless of what has been posted so far.

One guy can have such a large impact on the match with a little creativity. Good mode all around. It reminds me of a rolling / sprawling Metro B flag intense firefight which includes vehicles. Definitely some of the most competitive play to be found on public servers I would imagine. Definitely needs a timer though. Glad I haven't seen any douchebags hiding with the bomb yet.

Oh, and wait til you guys see Operation Locker with 64 man. Lol
post #1623 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Ive seen plenty of Heisenbergs. Reason why I deleted mine. I really like his hat on his though.

They now show all the unlockable emblems and I can, and will, recreate the pink pony.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #1624 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
For current users of the wired mixamp (A30/A40) or A50. It will be fully PS4 compatible with the 1.50 firmware update on launch day smile.gif

http://www.astrogaming.com/platform/ps4-headsets?cid=001%7CGoogle%7CNonBrand&gclid=CID1gLac3roCFYRDMgodbBcA1A

No mention of the 5.8 wireless mixamp since they dropped support when they dumped the product in favor of the A50. Also no mention as to whether we'll have to use the PS3 chat cable or not.

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #1625 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Thats great news. It does say
Quote:
The ASTRO A50 headset will be one of the only fully wireless solutions for the PS4.

post #1626 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

Thats great news. It does say

Yeah, they stopped selling the 5.8 about two years ago after they introduced the A50. Didn't want people to buy their own cans instead of buying the 'intergrated' A50s mad.gif

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #1627 of 8582 Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Another video from the boat missile guy I posted earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7YzKho_it8

Just found out this was the guy behind this gem. Now I know why I had him subbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1628 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 01:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 84
BF4 on PS Vita remote play. I think I will be playing part of the campaign lying in my bed. cool.gif

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #1629 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
No need for a bucket anymore.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #1630 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 54
yeah just sit on the toilet and TAKE THEIR BASE. Unlock bipod for the knife.
post #1631 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 05:24 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Ive seen plenty of Heisenbergs. Reason why I deleted mine. I really like his hat on his though.

They now show all the unlockable emblems and I can, and will, recreate the pink pony.

MPH, I never used that as my emblem or claimed to have made it.

Played a little this weekend. I'm realling liking the magnifier for the holo sight on the first lmg. I could never hit anything with that gun until I started to use the magnifier with it for some reason.

Man, I dont know if I want to get a Vita. That would be too tempting....also I would have some explaining to do on why I spend 2 hours in the bathroom smile.gif

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #1632 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

also I would have some explaining to do on why I spend 2 hours in the bathroom smile.gif

Blame it on her cooking

post #1633 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I can't be the only jet pilot not able to evade an igla user.
Also, ECM, that thing even work? I get hit every time.
post #1634 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I can't be the only jet pilot not able to evade an igla user.
Also, ECM, that thing even work? I get hit every time.

ECM prevents the lock-on. If you wait till it's fired, it's often too late. The missile can get defeated if it enters the cloud ECM leaves behind, but if you fire ECM too early, it's an easy hit.

Basically, fire off ECM as soon as you start to hear the lock-on tone. Then get the **** out of the area.

I always use flares in BF3. Not sure how it works in 4, but in 3, it's an easy fire right away, and move on as if nothing happened. And laugh. Lots of laughing.
post #1635 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

If I flare on the lock-on tone, then the chump just doens't fire though and waits for me to pass by again. So, I must not be reading you right.
I'm applying my bf3 flight experience to bf4 and am getting hit every.single.time.
post #1636 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn you already got the ECM unlocked? I need to be in jets more. I did ok in one on the railroad map. Got 2 unlocks for the attack jet in that round.

With BF4 the Stinger and IGLA are different and the IGLA can be a pain if used correctly.

Stinger - fire and forget with a short range. Once the missile is lost in a flare or jammed up its gone. Fire another and hope you get him before he leaves the range.

IGLA - This beauty can re-engage as long as you stay locked on to the target. If they flare try and stay on the jet, as soon as you re-lock the missile will avoid flares and still hit the target. People are learning the IGLA is a little more deadly if used correctly. Its fun watching the jets dance around my lock and still get hit.

post #1637 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If I flare on the lock-on tone, then the chump just doens't fire though and waits for me to pass by again. So, I must not be reading you right.
I'm applying my bf3 flight experience to bf4 and am getting hit every.single.time.

Flare on the tone when they fire the missile. You use ECM when you first hear the lock-on tone.

post #1638 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Flare on the tone when they fire the missile. You use ECM when you first hear the lock-on tone.

Thanks!
So explain to me like a noob what are the strategies (even mid-game switching) between flares and ECM.
post #1639 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks!
So explain to me like a noob what are the strategies (even mid-game switching) between flares and ECM.

Thats all I know about them really. I prefer the ECM jammer, reason is if there is more than one engineer trying to take you down you at least buy yourself some time to stay "hidden" from them while you try and get out of their range. I noticed in BF4 that once you have multiple guys locking on, its over. You flare the first guy and the 2nd guy will nail you. He only loses the lock for about 2 seconds and then hes all set to fire again. By that time the first guy is reloaded and ready to fire his. There is just no getting away from them . I like to Jam them then get out of there.

post #1640 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

@emartins
Ok, you confirmed my hunch. I haven't been on symthic yet for BF4 to get hundred million details that are Battlefield.
I don't feel condemned now for thinking the jets and choppers needs quicker respawns. It seems the fair balance.
I hilariously single-highhandedly took down 2 choppers in 8 seconds in Obliteration. I mean, it shouldn't be that easy.
post #1641 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I seem to get locked for miles. Between other choppers, engi's in those choppers, boats, planes, parachuting engi's, or ground engi's its near instant death. You have to have a gunner and work slowly and be ready to get the f out fast.

IGLAs & Javs are my new favorite toys. The hold lock part was odd at first but once the flares are gone BOOM! Been playing a lot of obliteration where choppers and boats need to go, pronto.
post #1642 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Exactly why I prefer the jammer, way to many things are locking on to you. I also think 20 seconds to wait for the jammer and flares is way to long. They could of done like they do with the ammo and maybe give us 2 to use with a reload of 20 seconds for each one. Wait till there are 32 lock ons. Also why not Active Protection for the choppers? And maybe something, just something for the transport choppers. Give us anything for that vehicle.

post #1643 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 PM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

Exactly why I prefer the jammer, way to many things are locking on to you. I also think 20 seconds to wait for the jammer and flares is way to long. They could of done like they do with the ammo and maybe give us 2 to use with a reload of 20 seconds for each one. Wait till there are 32 lock ons. Also why not Active Protection for the choppers? And maybe something, just something for the transport choppers. Give us anything for that vehicle.

I always use ecm on choppers and flares for jets.
For either vehicle you need to use your countermeasure and gtfo.

For jets I like flares since jets can leave the lock on area quicker and it makes me feel better that I made some one use up anti air ammo. Also flares are more reliable in not allowing me to take damage at all.

The main benefit for ecm in jets is it is better for dogfighting against a decent jet pilot if used properly by making you drop off air radar. At the expense of not being as reliable in preventing missiles to hit you.

But like others have said, use ecm when being locked before a missile is fired; use flares after a missile has been fired at you.

Most of this is based on bf3 tactics but from my limited jet time in bf4 I haven't found anything contrary to this yet. I only need a couple thousand points to finish all unlocks for the attack jets. The stealth jets I really don't like on ps3, it will be better with more targets on ps4 though.

I haven't spent much time at all in attack choppers this go round, but I definitely don't last as long as I used to in bf3. Usually I try and get a jet before the chopper anyways. I do have all the scout chopper unlocks now though.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
post #1644 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Stole the info below off mp1st. There were other minor fixes but those are most pertinent to us.

Temporarily disabled the ”Indirect Fire” and ”Perimeter Defense” Field Upgrades on PS3 as they caused the game to crash when spawning. This is a temporary workaround while we work to solve the issue altogether.
post #1645 of 8582 Old 11-12-2013, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 123
At the end of BF3, after they patched everything, the way ECM worked was the stinger/igla/heat seeker would circle around you as your ECM cloud dissippated. Once your cloud was gone the missile would still hit you. The way most got around this was to fly low to the ground, and as the missile flew around you it would crash into the ground and go away that way basically. It was just the way it was at the end of BF3. If you didn't do this you were pretty much guaranteed to get struck.

Also at the end of BF3, the below radar unlock only worked against other vehicles, not against infantry igla/stingers. You could tell who was locking onto you based on your flight path and plan accordingly.

I assume this is the way it still works, but I really haven't spent much time in the air. Actually I have spent zero time in a Jet, and every time I take off in a chopper I am locked, missile is away and my vehicle is destroyed shortly there after unless I have a very rare repair bitch, or I can fly away without dying. To put this into perspective, at the end of BF3 I was in the air as an Attack Heli pilot basically any chance I got. I basically only played maps where there were Attack Helicopters. Now, I don't even really consider them, as they are basically instant death machines. Though I have still yet to unlock below radar. But honestly I don't even know if that is an unlock in BF4.

On an opposite note, I unlocked all the unlocks for the mobile AA. Their Active Anti Air is stupid good. It is like a super fast rocket, think RPG, that if fired in the direction of an air vehicle within decently close range it is an automatic hit. Actually think a more powerful, complete bullsh** MBT from BF4, but for against air vehicles. You know, the thing that travels faster than sniper bullets yet can change trajectory mid flight and lock onto vehicles. I'm not sure if it sets off an audible alarm for that air vehicle, because it happens so fast, but combine that with the AA miniguns and it is like an instant kill. There is not a lock on tone for the AA, just a large circle aiming target I think. You just have to been within a certain range and be half way decent with aiming / planning. Just point and shoot basically. That with main guns is a stupid accurate killing machine. Definition of instant death. Sit back for a perfect kdr. Mobile AA's just dominate in BF4 if used correctly.

So my suggestion for air vehicles when locked is to fly away fast and low...and as low as you can possibly get. Try to look at the indicator of where you are getting locked from, which is new, and get as far from it as you can, because the range / distance of lockability is really not all that great whether the enemy is using a stinger/igla or a mobile AA.

Also new is the ability to continue on after a much stronger disable, I believe. In the past one stinger/igla would disable a chopper and if not repaired would destroy it. Now on all vehicles it seems that complete disable point is much lower, but the lock on sh** available to the enemy is much higher.
post #1646 of 8582 Old 11-13-2013, 03:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

At the end of BF3, after they patched everything, the way ECM worked was the stinger/igla/heat seeker would circle around you as your ECM cloud dissippated. Once your cloud was gone the missile would still hit you. The way most got around this was to fly low to the ground, and as the missile flew around you it would crash into the ground and go away that way basically. It was just the way it was at the end of BF3. If you didn't do this you were pretty much guaranteed to get struck.

This only happens if you fired the ECM after they launched the rocket. If you beat them to the punch then they would lose the lock and would have to wait a few seconds before it will try and re-lock.

post #1647 of 8582 Old 11-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 65
Home internet has been working so poorly this week I've had no choice but to stay away from using the home wifi network. Suffering constant dropouts and lag on the PS3, websites and YouTube videos taking forever to load and buffer on the iPad,

The good news is my new 50mbps home internet is scheduled to be installed tomorrow. Today is my last day of work (fingers crossed) until next-gen arrives so I plan on putting in some decent PS4 BF4 time in during the next week starting tomorrow night with my new stable connection. I'll see you guys on the next gen Battlefield!

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #1648 of 8582 Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Home internet has been working so poorly this week I've had no choice but to stay away from using the home wifi network. Suffering constant dropouts and lag on the PS3, websites and YouTube videos taking forever to load and buffer on the iPad,

The good news is my new 50mbps home internet is scheduled to be installed tomorrow. Today is my last day of work (fingers crossed) until next-gen arrives so I plan on putting in some decent PS4 BF4 time in during the next week starting tomorrow night with my new stable connection. I'll see you guys on the next gen Battlefield!

Bout time you fixed that!
post #1649 of 8582 Old 11-13-2013, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Lets hope the echo is gone also.

post #1650 of 8582 Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 65
You guys know about the big issues I've had with my old ISP. Hopefully once Comcast is all connected, the improvement in speed and connection is noticeable. Really, really looking forward to fast downloads on the PS4.

And yes Lazy hopefully the echo is gone. I could also hear myself echo after every word I would say and it drove me absolutely nuts. I couldn't imagine what it was doing to you guys. Still not sure if was caused by my connection, my Tritton headphones or just issues with BF4 directly. Don't remember Nexus ever mentioning to me anything about echoing while on BF3.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page