Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2013, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I go with Dice, PC were having some major issues as well.

Supposedly they finally fixed much of it this week, but now the PC servers are under a DDOS attack.

frown.gif

DICE has the only launch game having major problems, so I'd put it on them. Especially when even IW/Activision was ready.

NFSR is also using the Frostbite engine, and no issues there. I have a funny feeling it's all the needless Battlelog integration not playing nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 741
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/18/battlefield-4-pc-servers-hit-by-ddos-while-crashes-plague-ps4/

This past weekend was a rough one for Battlefield 4, with DDoS attacks hitting the PC game and myriad crashes infesting the newly-launched PS4 version.

Over the past few days, it has been nigh-impossible to connect to servers in the PC iteration of Battlefield 4 thanks to an unnamed group attacking EA's Origin servers. Initially the publisher posted a statement to the main page of Battlelog stating that attacks were occurring and that the company was working to mitigate them, but as Kotaku reports, this message has since been removed. Despite this, one of the game's community representatives offers the following in the game's forums: "[W]e are being targeted by a DDOS, but working on fixing it asap. Im sorry somebody is ruining your and my day. Rest assured we are doing our best to mitigate the situation though."

The PlayStation 4 game saw even worse issues, with players reporting crashes, a total inability to connect to Battlefield 4's "Conquest" game type and periodically deleted save games. EA's immediate response involved adding a new server and issuing a sizable patch, but as I can personally attest, the crashes and deleted save files continue to be an issue for some players.

On Sunday, the publisher posted a message to its Help site pinning the blame on the PS4's recent 1.50 firmware update. Specifically, it claimed that "this update ... results in stability issues while playing games on the system," and that all games are affected, not just Battlefield 4. This message has since been retracted, and in its place you'll now find a simple, "The message on EA's Help site was posted in error."
Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 541
If I remember correclty wasnt it Black Ops 1 that had some serious lag issues in the beginning, I blamed it all on the new feature they added where every game was being saved so you can go back and rewatch the game from any camera angle in the map.

They did remove commander from PS4 so lets see if that fixes any issues. If so thats fine with me, I can do without a commander anyway.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

If I remember correclty wasnt it Black Ops 1 that had some serious lag issues in the beginning, I blamed it all on the new feature they added where every game was being saved so you can go back and rewatch the game from any camera angle in the map.

They did remove commander from PS4 so lets see if that fixes any issues. If so thats fine with me, I can do without a commander anyway.

Yea, figures...you don't want any kind of teamplay getting in your way tongue.gif
Old 11-19-2013, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What do you guys find is the easiest way to play with friends? If you do a quick match, the servers are usually too full and don't have enough room. When doing a server search, I usually find that joining a seemingly empty server, quickly turns full in a matter of seconds. It's extremely frustrating to try and get friends in the same game. It's insane that they took away the lobby party system from BF3.

Headless Petie
Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

I just slam on the X button until the server opens up. Its a great workout for my thumb

Old 11-19-2013, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post

What do you guys find is the easiest way to play with friends? If you do a quick match, the servers are usually too full and don't have enough room. When doing a server search, I usually find that joining a seemingly empty server, quickly turns full in a matter of seconds. It's extremely frustrating to try and get friends in the same game. It's insane that they took away the lobby party system from BF3.

Lobbies aren't gone, just disabled for stability. With luck server queues and stable games are coming by next weeks time off.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Lobbies aren't gone, just disabled for stability. With luck server queues and stable games are coming by next weeks time off.
What I meant by lobbies was being able to party up before you join the game. For example, being able to join a squad before the game so you can all be placed in the game together. Like Halo or COD, or even BF3 for that matter. I came from the xbox 360 version and it was the same way.

Headless Petie
Old 11-19-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Well Dice does have a decent auto party system, when you can all get in the same server....
Old 11-19-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Just got off the battlefield in domination. Took me a while to warm up. I have forgotten what it's like to have to unlock weapon attachments...I feel so useless and vulnerable with iron sights.

But boy was it fun.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Old 11-19-2013, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
New LEVOLUTIONIZED METRO map in BF4, looks amazing:

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Old 11-19-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Cant wait

Old 11-19-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Hope they didn't import the crashing, too!

It looks great, BUT... why get rid of the side route for Conquest?! Seems kinda backwards, as Rush isn't terribad with the default routes...
Old 11-19-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Might have tipped it a bit too far for Conquest, especially with the longer alley and second point into the station on that side. I'm interested, and they can always revise it if it ends up not being enough. Just call in the janitor!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Played some Domination since Rush and Conquest don't work for me anymore. Boy that mode bores me to tears. Reminds me of COD since it has no distinguishing Battlefield features. Still better than deathmatch, of course.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Played some Domination since Rush and Conquest don't work for me anymore. Boy that mode bores me to tears. Reminds me of COD since it has no distinguishing Battlefield features. Still better than deathmatch, of course.

Does Obliteration work, that mode is great.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The crashing of rush is infuriating ... That's why I play B4.

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
Old 11-19-2013, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Servers are unstable again, my hit ditection was non existant. Entire clips point blank and not one hit marker against several foes.

They also need to reduce the effective range of shot guns, got sniped by them several times. Heck, I've been one shotted by smgs and carbines from across the dom maps.

And it sucks about Rush being broken atm, especially since I can't seem to hit crap in Dom right now.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Servers are unstable again, my hit ditection was non existant. Entire clips point blank and not one hit marker against several foes.

They also need to reduce the effective range of shot guns, got sniped by them several times. Heck, I've been one shotted by smgs and carbines from across the dom maps.

And it sucks about Rush being broken atm, especially since I can't seem to hit crap in Dom right now.

Did you filter servers only in your area like East US or West US and unfilter the international ones?

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

Did you filter servers only in your area like East US or West US and unfilter the international ones?

I joined a match with the AVS crew. Some enemies went down like nothing, others seemed to die but keep shooting.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 PM

Liked: 12
I have an issue where I can'r upgrade the gital version of the game, so I can't play right now. i talked to sony this morning and they said it might be because the network is down for 24-48 hours for maintenance. I'm sure my problem will be fixed.

That said, I'm looking for some mature gamers to play with. I'm 38 and a serious gamer. I'm very competitve and like to utilize my teamates to win. I win a lot. My online ID is Mudhawk.

On a side note, you guys being serious video and audiophiles, I would like to tell you that i live overseas. I reside in Korea but play on The west coast servers. I've never had an issue with lag. I play with guys in the carolinas quite frequently without issue. However some people are pickier than others. Just being upfront.

if you decide to add me let me know in a message that your AVS. Looking forward to it.

Mud (Tapioca Cold)
Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

10 days is actually great timing... the game should receive a major patch by then, and hopefully you won't have to suffer the frustration of having a 64 player game type that you can't play.

That is what I am hoping! I am counting the days...

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

That is what I am hoping! I am counting the days...

I'm predicting a month - right about the time the first DLC launches.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Yeah this game mode is for people that like infantry only gameplay. I haven't found another game mode where you can get more infantry kills. Its a great way to level up guns and still get objective points too plus it has plenty of action.

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
Old 11-20-2013, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

I was in that server with you and it sucked. I might hold off until the next patch. I dont like domination and I still got the "blue screen of pissed off". Lo mentioned he had a good time with Nexus on Killzone. I have yet to play it so maybe tonight if I see someone on Ill jump on. I would be such a noob so some guidance will be appreciated. Also expect lots of noob questions.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Noob here too; just waiting for somebody to post the game is stable and nothing gets corrupted. Than I'll jump in.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

KZ is pretty cool, very different than BF even though its guns and shooting. I tried Dom last night. Hate the spawns, I'm always getting shot in the @##. Hate playing with randoms, can't count on them or spawn on them. So yea, not a bug fan. No one was on though. Back to KZ I went.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

This all reminds me of Bad Company 2. A patch was released that introduced terrible server rubber-banding. It wasn't fixed for a good 3 months. Many kept at it, but I ended up taking a break till it was fixed. I came back to find all my friends level 50s (highest rank possible in that game).

So I guess you either roll with the punches or get left behind.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

KZ is pretty cool, very different than BF even though its guns and shooting. I tried Dom last night. Hate the spawns, I'm always getting shot in the @##. Hate playing with randoms, can't count on them or spawn on them. So yea, not a bug fan. No one was on though. Back to KZ I went.

I saw you jump on and I was going to join you but the wife kept just kept talking. By the time the story was over you were gone. Then Lo, Hapi, Jeep, Pen and Shmoopy came on so I didnt need you anymore.

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4