83Likes

post #2521 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 05:35 AM
hsv
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 42
So does China Rising come out Dec 3 for Playstation Premium members? Then two weeks later for non-premium?

And does Second Assault have a release date for Playstation 4 yet?

XBL: TRAIL MIX A L0T
PSN: Trail-Mix-A-Lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv View Post

So does China Rising come out Dec 3 for Playstation Premium members? Then two weeks later for non-premium?

And does Second Assault have a release date for Playstation 4 yet?

Dec 3 is the Premium release date but I think thats XB1, I think PS4 is a week later. I think MS has the 1 week jump this time around.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #2523 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Were you guys able to "pre-order" Premium for BF4 or did it became available once it launched? I am asking because it is still not here in Germany.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
post #2524 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Were you guys able to "pre-order" Premium for BF4 or did it became available once it launched? I am asking because it is still not here in Germany.

Yea it was on the PSN store before the PS3 version released.
Nima likes this.
post #2525 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Actually got to play 2 games of conquest last night before it blue screened. It's a start, I guess

The Weekend Warriors
post #2526 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
IMO this game is far far harder to pick up & play than 1-2-or 3 .... It's hard to match competition that play 10x's more than I do ....I could not play bf3 or 2 for 6 weeks , pick it up & dominate ....

I don't ever see that on 4 ....

Is it me or does the game smear at times ? Even when not wounded ??

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #2527 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Yea it was on the PSN store before the PS3 version released.

Thanks Nexus, picked up Premium for the PS4 from the German PSN store.

post #2528 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

IMO this game is far far harder to pick up & play than 1-2-or 3 .... It's hard to match competition that play 10x's more than I do ....I could not play bf3 or 2 for 6 weeks , pick it up & dominate ....

I don't ever see that on 4 ....

I would agree. Whereas COD is all about the twitch, this game there is SO much going on at any given time. I also feel like this game may be more highly gear dependant than COD - but I posed this question earlier in the thread; nobody responded.
post #2529 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 623
played 2 complete games on 64 player conquest without getting kicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #2530 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't know that I'd say this game is or isn't gear dependent. Depends on how you define that word. No it's not pick a gun and own. You see a tank, pull out a Jav, SMAW, RPG, C4, etc. You see an air vehicle, pull out a Stinger or IGLA (C4 can work here too). Everything in the game is made to compliment each other. It is also a lot more skill based, no more 60-2 streaks because you hung back sniping. Choppers may swing by and pulverize the hill you thought was safe or jets ghost in for effect! If you mean that an Assault guy reviving on rush helps out, yes. If you mean Support guys tossing ammo to the Engi's helps, yes. So in that sense it is gear dependent.
post #2531 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Yes highly gear dependent, and very team oriented. A med pack isn't good for taking down a tank.

http://symthic.com/bf4-stats

If you play the objective and run with your squad mates you tend to do well. When I screw around and go solo I rarely have "good" games. It does seem harder to dominate in this game then it was in BF3.

post #2532 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

RE: Gear Dependent; I'm only level 2. I routinely get into shooting matches w/ other players over long distance; I almost NEVER win. I'm aiming down the sites w/ a red laser right now b/c that's all I have. 9/10 times I'm losing. I'm assuming as I get scopes and what not the playing field will level. While the same is true for COD, I can usually come out 1/3 times on top in similar situations. Not 1/10.
post #2533 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

RE: Gear Dependent; I'm only level 2. I routinely get into shooting matches w/ other players over long distance; I almost NEVER win. I'm aiming down the sites w/ a red laser right now b/c that's all I have. 9/10 times I'm losing. I'm assuming as I get scopes and what not the playing field will level. While the same is true for COD, I can usually come out 1/3 times on top in similar situations. Not 1/10.

You learn to pick your battles and bounce when its a losing proposition. Attachments do make all the difference. Try a gun without anything and add one at a time and see how you do. Could be the heavy barrel working against your natural shooting. Compensator may not be good at range, etc. COD is a bad comparison all around. Guns are laser beams with little variation. In BF you have bullet drop, recoil, and a bit of suppression to account for. So its really an apple to oranges comparison.
post #2534 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You learn to pick your battles and bounce when its a losing proposition. Attachments do make all the difference. Try a gun without anything and add one at a time and see how you do. Could be the heavy barrel working against your natural shooting. Compensator may not be good at range, etc. COD is a bad comparison all around. Guns are laser beams with little variation. In BF you have bullet drop, recoil, and a bit of suppression to account for. So its really an apple to oranges comparison.

I understand. It also makes it AWFULLY hard to get traction coming in as a noob. However, I can see it does get better; gotta pay to play.
post #2535 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

That laser sight is good close to medium range, so unless you a have magnifier then you'll likely lose long range battles. Depends on the rifle too... assault and recon rifles do well long range, but not support guns, PDW's, or shotguns. 4x or better scopes of course work great at range, but then you'll start losing close range battles.

Of course no scope in the world is going to help you if you have poor accuracy. Your aim has to be precise. Controlled burst firing is key.
Nima likes this.

post #2536 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Yes, I've noticed it also.

post #2537 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 623
for the new people, couple of tips.
1. SPOT, SPOT, SPOT - this will often be the difference between the team that wins and the team that loses, even if you get killed but you spotted the guy, someone else will usually get him, there are matches where i will be in the tank spamming R1 and getting spot assists like crazy, also if you spot first then you can shoot under the triangle and it is much easier to get kills
2. start with assault class - this is probably the easiest to class to start with until you get a feel of the game, if you get shot, run around a corner, throw out a medpack and heal yourself, the starting gun in this class has a good optic and great range so you should have no problem killing people
3. Flank, it may take a little longer but flanking is key- best example is on a map like operation locker, people will die over and over again fighting on the inside, meanwhile you can go outside (where the snow is) and walk all the way around and then get some easy kills coming in from the side. On the rest of the maps, this is easier because they are so wide open, take the long way...
4. burst fire- 2 to 3 bursts will kill a guy, start about chest burst fire to head then stop and repeat..
5. 5 person squad- if you are playing with randoms, always leave your 2-4 person squad and join a 4 person squad so you will have 5 total people, nothing is worse then your whole squad dying and then you spawn far away from the action. If you have 5 people in squad you are far more likely to have someone to spawn off of.

hope this helps..
post #2538 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
Quote:

Laser sights do nothing for ADS they only increase hip fire accuracy for CQC so that you don't have to ADS when speed matters. Outside and over long distances, you're just lighting yourself up like a Xmas tree.

You'll want to look into sight attachments with slight magnification, barrels and grips for better long distance usage. Most sub-machine guns are very high rate, but terrible distance weapons. Go with a carbine or AR.

BF4 also isn't a hit-scan game, so you have to come to terms with bullet travel time and bullet drop, ect. Far away you might want to aim a few inches above a player to actually hit them. If they're moving, lead the shot a few inches/feet to their side. In COD the bullets traveled in straight lines at the speed of light, not so here.

The longer you hold the trigger, the worse the accuracy unless you're prone and set up with a bipod, so burst fire to keep accuracy. Crouching improves accuracy, laying down even more so. If you get stuck out in the open dropping to your belly can help tremendously since you'll gain accuracy and reduce your profile.

Also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

for the new people, couple of tips.
1. SPOT, SPOT, SPOT - this will often be the difference between the team that wins and the team that loses, even if you get killed but you spotted the guy, someone else will usually get him, there are matches where i will be in the tank spamming R1 and getting spot assists like crazy, also if you spot first then you can shoot under the triangle and it is much easier to get kills
2. start with assault class - this is probably the easiest to class to start with until you get a feel of the game, if you get shot, run around a corner, throw out a medpack and heal yourself, the starting gun in this class has a good optic and great range so you should have no problem killing people
3. Flank, it may take a little longer but flanking is key- best example is on a map like operation locker, people will die over and over again fighting on the inside, meanwhile you can go outside (where the snow is) and walk all the way around and then get some easy kills coming in from the side. On the rest of the maps, this is easier because they are so wide open, take the long way...
4. burst fire- 2 to 3 bursts will kill a guy, start about chest burst fire to head then stop and repeat..
5. 5 person squad- if you are playing with randoms, always leave your 2-4 person squad and join a 4 person squad so you will have 5 total people, nothing is worse then your whole squad dying and then you spawn far away from the action. If you have 5 people in squad you are far more likely to have someone to spawn off of.

hope this helps..

Don't forget that there's a large number of weapons that are just unlocked for leveling up, and then can be used for any/all classes. Pick a class that allows you to level up quickly, then you can use those weapons in any class. Also, don't worry too much about kills while doing so, as XP/team points is king in this game. Kills comes with time and skill. Heal your squad mates, give them ammo, repair vehicles, spot enemies, provide spawn points. I went 6-20 last night but was the #3 player due to playing the objective and resupplying my squad; increased 3-4 ranks quickly. Opened up a low level carbine, and now doing better in the kills dept.

#5 especially. If your default squad is a bunch of berry picking snipers, leave them and find a squad playing the objectives. Nothing is more infuriating like spawning on a mountain behind your base and having to run the whole map. Or getting no help while some lvl 12 rift-raff is camping a high point worried about his 1.01 KDR. Leave them and find a team willing to get into the thick of it.
Spanglo likes this.
post #2539 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
For a tutorial on flanking, see:
post #2540 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 547
Another tip, pick lower fire rates (600rpm) and high stability weapons. You will win fewer close quarter battles, but you can beat snipers at range with controlled burts. For Assault use the SAR, it needs few attachments to be good. The UMP is great for SMGs, still need to spend more time with Carbines.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #2541 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks guys for all these tips !!!
post #2542 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

If you play the objective and run with your squad mates you tend to do well. When I screw around and go solo I rarely have "good" games. It does seem harder to dominate in this game then it was in BF3.

I noticed this as well, it's much harder for me to just run around on my own. Hopping in a tank/LAV solo is pretty much suicide.

I still stand by my statement that the armor seems a bit weaker. You must have an engineer to repair unless you want to hang back and tank snipe. The choppers seem about the same against other choppers/armor, but against infantry they seem weaker. Also, I don't know how I feel about the ammo reloading feature. I was screwed in this battle I had with another LAV because I ran out of ammo. Then I got out and forgot I was a medic. It must have been pretty funny to the other team when I pulled out my defib paddles. I also don't like that you can toss C4 now. I keep getting taken down by freaking snipers because they can get to me before I can notice them (I haven't unlocked proximity scanning yet).

I wish I could get more time on the game but there is always something keeping me from playing. It's been almost two weeks and I'm only at about 10 hours. I wanted to play last night, but I had to download that patch and for some reason the download was moving at PS3-era speeds. It took almost 9 hours to download, I had to leave the PS4 on while I was sleeping.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #2543 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

The best advice you can get is to join with the AVS crew and ask questions. Even if its one person, having someone to bounce things off of really helps. I guess I wasn't thinking newb enough and I don't mean that in a bad way, just played way too much! biggrin.gif
post #2544 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Another tip, pick lower fire rates (600rpm) and high stability weapons. You will win fewer close quarter battles, but you can beat snipers at range with controlled burts. For Assault use the SAR, it needs few attachments to be good. The UMP is great for SMGs, still need to spend more time with Carbines.

I've had pretty good success with the AK 5C. One of the first carbines you unlock as well.

I have never failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
post #2545 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

You learn to pick your battles and bounce when its a losing proposition. .

This was the hardest thing for me to learn. Don't just shoot at everyone you see, if they are too far away, try to sneak up on them or just spot them and be on your way and someone else can kill them.
Also, when you see the LAST MAN IN SQUAD on your screen, get to COVER immediately unless you are arming the MCOM in Rush. Wait until at least one guy spawns on you before coming back out.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

post #2546 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I too have probably had my best success with the AK-5C carbine with muzzle brake / stubby grip / and a red dot sight...I equip a laser but only because I can...rarely does it help me and honestly I feel it could detract more than help by giving away my location.

I think a new guy needs to understand that the developers really do not reward higher powered scopes. A standard red dot sight is really all you need in this game and that is probably what you will see the most competitive players using. As a matter of fact I believe the developers almost over reward using iron sights and red dot sights, like our bullets have a magnet or something towards the enemy when used with these sights.

Honestly you have to learn which gun is for close ranges only, like under 80 meters. A slow firing accurate carbine in BF4 like the AK-5C can easily put the final couple shots into a damaged enemy probably up to 200 meters I'd guess. But a higher firing carbine like a SG553 I have found is beast when up close and personal but just not good for much more than close ranges. I prefer to have a gun that can go farther out and then I can pick my spots when up close. Heck sometimes a slower firing gun is just easier to handle in close quarters I have found.

Burst fire, burst fire, burst fire...especially on console where the recoil management is more difficult. As a matter of fact a burst fire only weapon like a M16A4, or a AK-12 (in burst fire mode only) might benefit a new guy trying to figure out the guns, especially if they are wanting to hang back a little. In BF3 the AN-94 with its 2 shot burst fire was an absolute beast. I wonder if the AK-12 is like that for BF4. You of course have to change the fire mode manually once in the match / on the ground to burst fire. I haven't tried it yet.

I run the ACE-23 or whatever it is called for medic. AK-5C for engineer and sniper. And whatever for support, lately it is the Pecheneg or however it is spelled. For support and their LMG's, I almost prefer iron sights.

Honestly just kind of have to just go for it and before long you will realize what shots will register and which ones won't. You have to time your bursts so suppression doesn't affect you as much all while popping in and out of cover. I find I can sometime dupe the enemy into dumping his whole mag and then I pounce.

I would suggest running the same sight on every gun.

Also in the options menu, you can select "tap to aim" or "hold to aim". This is key. You have to find out what works for you. I've seen elite players use both. For BF3 I used "tap to aim"...I tap the aim but and let go but it still stays aimed in until I tap it again. I tried "hold to aim" for BF4 where it only stays aimed in while holding...let go and you drop the sight and gun back down to your hip. For BF4 I did go back to "tap". I might stick with that for now...idk.

Also understand that moving while shooting affects accuracy. Probably even the slightest footsteps one direction or the other.
post #2547 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I've used hold to aim since my first CoD, no way I could adjust to a tap system.

I wish they would install some servers in Kansas City (Google fiber test area) for those of us in the central regions, I get rubber banding on any server I join.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #2548 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

So ... pretty much everything I have learned in COD goes pretty much out the window !!! I am beginning to understand why people have so many problems bouncing back and forth between the two franchises.

Which server/game modes are better for a noob to start out on? I have a old college buddy of mine ready to jump in too. I played some Rush b/c I remember that on BF2, but I'm wondering if I would be better served getting my feet under me by playing a different type of match?
post #2549 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I think this video explains the mindset well and still holds true:
Spanglo likes this.

post #2550 of 8552 Old 11-27-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Try Domination, it plays just like CoD, all gun on gun with no vehicles. (Same with TDM but it is all campers and no flow, it is hard to do well without camping)

Your twitch reflexes should carry over just fine, all you have to do is add some physics to the equation. (Recoil, bullet drop) after 10 bullets you may as well be spraying water at range, use controlled bursts and NEVER spray unless they are right in your face.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page