414Likes

post #2761 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Did not see it online earlier on.
But managed to play a full 64 player Conquest match without lag etc. ,so the work on their servers seems to have paid off.

XBL : neonima

PSN : NeoNima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 419
I wouldn't expect CR in the store until after lunch if it really comes out today. Then again, it may just start working in game. We've already got it as part of one of the updates.

Lo I had no clue what squad we were in. When you messaged me the game was between matches.
post #2763 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I wouldn't expect CR in the store until after lunch if it really comes out today. Then again, it may just start working in game. We've already got it as part of one of the updates.

Lo I had no clue what squad we were in. When you messaged me the game was between matches.

When you say you got a message, was that in game? Is there a way to msg players from within battlelog to determine what squads they are in?

tum
post #2764 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

I remember downloading something CR related when I originally downloaded the digital retail version. I've also noticed CR maps available in the server browser when searching for games. Perhaps we've already predownloaded the map pack?

Nex, that makes sense. I did message you when the match was over. Too bad I couldn't get into the next game because by that time I had found my earpods and was ready to focus on the match 100%.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #2765 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post

When you say you got a message, was that in game? Is there a way to msg players from within battlelog to determine what squads they are in?

tum

I messaged him from the PS4 app on iOS.

post #2766 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I think BL communication is limited to BL users. PS4 communication is like Lo said, either through the box or the app. Suppose there might be some web stuff too but I've not explored that. My PC barely runs at home. It was a miracle I remembered to do the FB thing on it last night.
post #2767 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

PS4 communication is like Lo said, either through the box or the app.

Don't forget the Vita.

post #2768 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

How could I forget the Vita?
post #2769 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Living la Vita loca?

Anyone wants to call in sick and join me for some games? tongue.gif

post #2770 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Living la Vita loca?

Anyone wants to call in sick and join me for some games? tongue.gif

Want to and able to are very different things. Holy crap this work day is dragging, so yes I want to...just can't.
post #2771 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Want to and able to are very different things. Holy crap this work day is dragging, so yes I want to...just can't.

Ditto...

post #2772 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Quote:

Created an AVS Battlefield FB group. We need more people though for it to be real fun.wink.gif

Still thinking about a believable name I can create for my FB name that'll still be able to identify with my AVS/PSN name.

I would not go crazy over this. I have several friends on my private other FB account who dont have 'proper' names.

And yours is easy peasy: Lo Dolfan a good chinese name. Suits the latest Dlc. wink.gif
lodolfan likes this.

post #2773 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would not go crazy over this. I have several friends on my private other FB account who dont have 'proper' names.

And yours is easy peasy: Lo Dolfan a good chinese name. Suits the latest Dlc. wink.gif

Lol! Hilarious!

post #2774 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

According to mp1st, CR is live on all platforms. Sounds like this early on one BS is finally over. At least on this DLC.
post #2775 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this game. Finally had my first "moment" but it wasn't some spectacular circus kill, rather some excellent teamwork. Playing Obliteration on Paracel Storm, first bomb is deadlocked for most of the match just changing hands. Time running out I spawn with a squad member in a rhib, heading towards the middle of the map. Pull up just offshore near where everything's happening, I'm on the gun focused at dudes on the beach.

The next bit takes place over about 30 seconds total: Boat takes a hit so I'm about to bail when I notice the bomb, floating, not 10 feet from me. See my driver swim right past, ignoring the bomb, so I decide to grab it (remember I've only played this game a few hours at most so me having the bomb is like a blind driver at the wheel). I hit the beach and I start getting shot, thinking my time with the bomb is over. Two enemies charge me: I take out one, waiting for the next one to finish me, when my backup arrived. At almost the same time, a friendly gets my second attacker from my right, and a friendly chopper lands right next to me on my left. I hop in, he zips away to the objective and sets me down right on it. I plant the bomb and was gonna run but had to use the MMG to deal with 2 enemies on jet skis (successfully I might add) and was consumed in the explosion. Amazing sequence, with no mics, very cool feeling when a plan comes together. Not gonna happen in other games and I believe it now smile.gif

Also: I there no proper invite system in this game? I was trying to hop in on Lord and Lazy over the weekend and was getting no luck. Digging in the menus didn't get a result. Am I missing it or something?
Cravit8 likes this.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #2776 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 416
A scout chopper with Gyro Stabilizer, ECM, and 2 engineers with the mechanic field upgrade on and you are not taking it down. I cant remember who was flying but I do remember being one of the repairmen and between 2 of us and the chopper staying steady with each hit, we never went down. Must of been 4-5 people trying to take us down but it wasnt working. I would see 3% on the chopper but the field upgrades makes the repair so much faster that they couldnt hit us quick enough. I agree that it needs a buff but if they do that then the attack chopper needs to bring back the flares for the gunner seat or greatly reduce the reload time between the flares/ECM otherwise the attack choppers are screwed even more.

I also think the rest of the rocket launchers need to be worked on. They all cant be slightly identical in damage. Lets look at them all.
LAW - fire in the general direction and you can hide back around the corner for cover.
RPG - fire and you can hide for cover but you need to be accurate as there is no homing in on the nearest vehicle
SMAW - Like the RPG but with lesser damage. Difference is it can go out a little further before dropping.
Javelin - Fire but you need to stay locked on for a hit.
SRAW - Fire and guide the rocket to hit the target.

Is it me or does anyone else feel as if the SRAW should be the strongest of them all? I have to stay in harms way and guide the rocket to the vehicle. The javelin should be next in damage, tied with the RPG. You do have to stay locked on but its guided for you. Smaw then the LAW. Just my MPH thought for today

Sorry Neo but Tuesday is my only busy day at work. Its the only day where I leave between 5-6. Every other I am home by 1, so I can join you tomorrow once the new TV shows up.

China Rising is out today for all Premium members. You should of downloaded it already with the game. As of an hour ago it hit the servers, according to DICE.

Quote:
Today sees the premiere of Battlefield 4 China Rising, releasing for a two-week time-exclusive period for Premium Battlefield 4 members! All-new maps and gadgets, plus a new game mode and a very special vehicle await fans in this thrilling expansion.

Battlefield 4 China Rising sees you fighting on the Chinese mainland on four new maps. In Silk Road, you will find yourself at a military outpost surrounded by desert, battling both among man-made structures and on the sand dunes. The lush Guilin Peaks focuses on infantry-based combat; so the heaviest vehicles here are transport helicopters. Dragon Pass is a more vehicle-based map where rivers iconically steep mountains make for a spectacular view, and finally we have the sniper-friendly Altai Range with its vast, open spaces and snowy mountain peaks.

Air Superiority and the New Bombers
China Rising is also adding a new game mode to Battlefield 4 called Air Superiority. Here, you fight for control points on the map, using air units only. This mode is ideal for players who really love and want to focus on their dog fights, without the need to worry about units on the ground.

Altai Range is based on the beautiful mountain range Altai Mountains, located in East-Central Asia.

New Toys and a Fan-Favorite Vehicle
There are two new gadgets in China Rising, the SUAV and UCAV. The SUAV (Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) is a Recon exclusive and is basically a remote-controlled plane that you can pilot around the map, in order to spot enemies and laser-designate enemy vehicles. It can also be used to kill enemies. The UCAV (Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle) is a new toy for the Support class and can be described as a pocket TOW missile. After deployment, this can be guided like a missile and is very effective against vehicles.

The dirt bike is back! Make sure to try out this speedy fan-favorite to move swiftly between control points (or just to do crazy stunts).

And of course, there is the triumphant return of the dirt bike. Fans loved this speedy vehicle in the Battlefield 3 expansion End Game, so that’s why we chose to bring it back for China Rising.

Starting today, China Rising will be available for Battlefield 4 Premium members for a two-week time-exclusive period. Make sure to get Premium to get a head start for all Battlefield 4 expansions, 12 Battlepacks, exclusive new content on a weekly basis, and much more.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2777 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have to do the same Lazy Genius is not excepted.

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2778 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

According to mp1st, CR is live on all platforms. Sounds like this early on one BS is finally over. At least on this DLC.

I can't wait to check out the new maps. Guilin Peaks looks really cool.
post #2779 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperII View Post

I need a new mic for the PS4 but I notice that all the nice ones cover both ears. Do these interfere with the sound through your speakers? I have a nice surround setup that works really well for directional cues and I do not want to move the game sound to headphones or have the headphones interfere with the sound. Any recommendations from those that use a headset with speakers? I am willing to pay a fair amount for a headset that is comfortable and works well. It can be corded too.

This is the one I use and while maybe not the best out there, at least it lets me enjoy the sound coming from my speakers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CK-EjfrRlLsCFe3m7AodFTcA5A&Item=N82E16879459013&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-PS4+Accessories-_-N82E16879459013&ef_id=UcNcYAAAACKswQfa:20131203180405:s

ThumperII likes this.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #2780 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

A scout chopper with Gyro Stabilizer, ECM, and 2 engineers with the mechanic field upgrade on and you are not taking it down. I cant remember who was flying but I do remember being one of the repairmen and between 2 of us and the chopper staying steady with each hit, we never went down. Must of been 4-5 people trying to take us down but it wasnt working. I would see 3% on the chopper but the field upgrades makes the repair so much faster that they couldnt hit us quick enough. I agree that it needs a buff but if they do that then the attack chopper needs to bring back the flares for the gunner seat or greatly reduce the reload time between the flares/ECM otherwise the attack choppers are screwed even more.

If you free fire an RPG or SRAW, will that take it out in one shot? I know for most of us, these aren't dependable methods, but it's something.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #2781 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

If you free fire an RPG or SRAW, will that take it out in one shot? I know for most of us, these aren't dependable methods, but it's something.

Both of those will take it out on one shot. You cant free fire the SRAW though. It will go straight down into the ground as soon as you let go of the left trigger.

Unless you meant the SMAW, which I dont know if it will in one shot since it has less damage. The LAW doesnt also.

benjamin-benjami -
post #2782 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
I liked NeoNima's idea from the other night, so here's my Gamer Facebook account for media and general LOL's

https://www.facebook.com/Tyrant.T002

Friend me and let me know yours. I also need to work on the OP of the streaming thread, and will probably put a social media account list there as well.
post #2783 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Both of those will take it out on one shot. You cant free fire the SRAW though. It will go straight down into the ground as soon as you let go of the left trigger.

Unless you meant the SMAW, which I dont know if it will in one shot since it has less damage. The LAW doesnt also.

I guess free-fire was the wrong term to use for SRAW, I meant guide the missile with the SRAW. I have not yet used the SMAW, I have been sticking with the RPG, I really like it. It will not take down a transport heli in one hit though. I hit one the other day and it just disabled.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JShmoopy
PSN ID: JShmoopy
post #2784 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 557
Servers are Fubar right now. Few of my bullets seem to connect, I die to one bullet every time in gun fights, and I am always stuck into TDM no matter what game mode I pick. Dice really needs to do something for everyone enduring this BS, double XP doesn't cut it when the game is unplayable during this time.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #2785 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo View Post

I guess free-fire was the wrong term to use for SRAW, I meant guide the missile with the SRAW. I have not yet used the SMAW, I have been sticking with the RPG, I really like it. It will not take down a transport heli in one hit though. I hit one the other day and it just disabled.

Yes it will, I havent done it but DiceBurna did it the other night. They did make the transports stronger, its the least they could do in that vehicle.

benjamin-benjami -
post #2786 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got home and turned on the PS4 to check if CR was available. Only add-ons i see available on the store at the moment are Premium and the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Either it's not out yet or I can't figure out how to DL it.

post #2787 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Just got home and turned on the PS4 to check if CR was available. Only add-ons i see available on the store at the moment are Premium and the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Either it's not out yet or I can't figure out how to DL it.

Try joining a CR match and see what happens.
post #2788 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Try joining a CR match and see what happens.

I did that and the next screen that pops up is the BF4 Store screen showing you Premium is available for Free. I clicked x and Premium was added to my DL and now it's showing as waiting to install under notifications/downloads. I already have Premium so don't know what that's all about.

I then tried to enter the PS Store but all I got was a blue screen (not an error screen). Just looked like it was processing but couldn't connect. Maybe it's being updated? Also noticed all CR servers regardless of game type were showing as 0 players in the game.

Edit: PS Store up again but no sign of CR anywhere...

post #2789 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I cannot even see CR maps nor filter for them in the server browser.

post #2790 of 9423 Old 12-03-2013, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 557
Still getting that quick match bug that keeps dropping me into TDM regardless of what I pick... Not sure what triggers it, but it is annoying.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 4 Playstation 4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page