AVS Forum banner
243K views 12K replies 184 participants last post by  Abaddon 
#1 ·

I'd say Destruction 2.0 got an upgrade.

See less See more
1 1
#8,656 ·
I rarely fly the Stealth / fighter jet. I just go for the Attack Jets.

The conquest maps with Attack Jets will also have a Stealth Jet. There are a few maps that only have Stealth Jets...two per side. Dawnbreaker, Oman, Caspian.

Honestly, it almost seems like I can usually fly around free and clear. I don't why, but it just seems fairly rare that you go up against people who know what to do in a Jet. When they do know what to do though, it kind of sucks, especially if you're in the Attack and they are in the Stealth.

But in BF4, all the spawns have an AI automatic AA and it adds quite an element to the game. If the enemy is in range and he is spotted, then that automatic AA will shred him up very, very quickly. But he has to be spotted.

So often a guy that knows what he is doing will break for that AA and do circles around it. I've done that many, many times to my satisfaction. I generally try to never go over the enemy base because of this, but occasionally I'll take the gamble just so I can go ahead and get rid of the Jet I have been chasing.

But if you're spotted, and very close to that AA, it is instant death. If you are at a decent range from it, you can manage to escape with like 30% health at times.

#8,659 ·
I'm just north of Fayetteville NC now. We plan on stopping for the night in Richmond. Hoping to be home for 6pm. No work Monday so maybe I'll jump on and try out some teeth of the dragon.

I haven't heard of any talk of the ballistic shield. Anyone trying for it? If so how is it. I plan on making that my first assignment finished.

#8,661 ·
I actually popped on to try DT. First map I tried was the Flood Zone copy...sucks. Second was the 100' fly zone...better than FZ. Last was an instant loss on Propaganda and gave up. Also, it might be Destiny blinding me but BF4 doesn't look as good graphically anymore. Might just be DT.

#8,662 ·
Ballistic Shield is hilarious. You have to have a coordinated plan to really use it to its advantages though. For example, I used it on Locker. I just crouched and slowly walked down a hall right a bunch of enemies. I died fairly quickly, but still made it fairly far. By the time I spawned back, my team had taken the hall.

But honestly no one really ever follows. Sometimes they do, and I imagine that when people get used to it they will follow people with the shield. But I would guess it would be a lot better if you were communicating with people behind you that would follow you, because you have enough time behind it to spot people and call things out. But beware of grenades.

I could see myself using it all the time I think. It's right up my ally. I love breaking through sometimes. That's why I flank so much on Locker...because I can't stand camping hallways. I'll just keep running straight through hoping people follow.

In a video game like Battlefield, I think that is actually the best tactic. The problem is you can never get enough people to do this at the same time. But if everyone went for the same corner / hallway at the same time, all bum rush style, then IMO they would succeed more often than not.

I'm guessing the Ballistic Shield will offer just fun, IMO. I bet an elevator with a couple of those could be pretty sweet.

IDK, I'm looking forward to figuring it out.

#8,668 ·
Yup. Oh, and now that BF3 has prettymuch n00bs or level 100s, another flavor:

"You're a level 100 using level 100 tactics and your team still lost. You suck!"

Believe it or not, there are lots of servers where the admins ban you for being a level 100.

#8,671 ·
Man, Hapi and Mph, I went to take my dogs out last night between rounds and I came back and I was the only one left in the party.

I had fun. The maps were OK, I think lag made me have a worse experience than normal since we were on a west coast server.

#8,678 ·
This should essentially work with putting slams on a jet ski and going by an attack boat. Must try next time.
This gives me another idea that might be fun to try. I'm sure slams and C4 don't stick to Soldiers, but I wonder if they do to equipment. Like, say.... the ballistic shield? C4 on a friendly shield might come in handy in Locker/Metro, and slams on maps with vehicles. And do they stay there when you stow the shield and then bring it back up? Hmmm.

#8,684 ·
I don't see why not, but I never owned a PS3, so I really don't know. If no one can answer your question here, you might get some responses on the PS4 thread.

-----------------

I'll be getting on in a little bit, so if anyone is interested feel free to jump on with me. I'll probably start flying a Jet while by myself, but if others get on, I'll play anything, it doesn't matter to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.