AVS Forum banner
243K views 12K replies 184 participants last post by  Abaddon 
#1 ·

I'd say Destruction 2.0 got an upgrade.

See less See more
1 1
#4 ·
64 players and 60FPS has been confirmed on next Gen. 1080P has not yet:

If I had to wager a guess, with rumor of EA being moneyhatted by MS: XBone will run at 720P and PS4 at 1080P and they will not say anything until launch. (Thats if rumors of the XBone APU downclock are true I'd imagine)

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23421385

i believe it was confirmed it would run at 720P 60 FPS on the PS4 and X1

Yikes, hope that's not true! Was planning on picking it up for PS4 just for the single-player campaign so I could re-sell it afterwards but if it is only going to be 720p, I will wait for a price-drop on the PC version.

I really expected 1080p to be the default resolution for most next-gen games.

#7 ·
This game looks amazing !!! I just lit up my pre-order for this; going to skip COD this round and try something new / different. I'm tired of the same COD formula and the quick scoping/noob tubing garbage. If I start getting my backside kicked, at least I can try to crush my enemies by shooting the building out from under them.

#8 ·
 DF Confirmed that :
Quote:
1080p at 60FPS is being targeted on Xbox One, and also 64 players in multiplayer - both of which set it apart from previous console versions. When pressed, the Microsoft reps admitted it's running from a debug environment designed to the console's specs.

If thats the case, I think it's safe to say PS4 is targeted for the same and has a likelier chance of making it!

#10 ·
BF3 used dedicated servers and with 64 players I don't see BF changing that.

I've seen USA EAST, USA WEST, EUROPE, SOUTH AMERICA and there's a few more regions I'm forgeting of the top of my head. You can filter by them too.

The one thing missing I hope to see in BF4 is to sort offical DICE servers from the ranked privately owned ones (users can pay to host their own and play with some of the settings/setup).

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23452305

Very cool! Anyone planning to play Planetside 2 as well?

I've thought about it a bit, but I (generally) prefer realistic, military-based shooters. Is it still going to be free-to-play?

I'm really looking forward to BF4, much more so than BF3 because I know what to expect now. I came to BF3 because I wanted to try something different from CoD. It has been and continues to be a much better experience. There are so many ways to play BF3 and so many ways to contribute. I'm not saying the game is perfect, it has it's issues, however I have gotten more play out of BF3 than any other game I have ever played. BY FAR. I'm just drooling over the thought of having 64 players and being able to experience BF how it should be experienced. I just hate that our little "BF community" (sounds so corny) is getting fragmented. Sometimes I wish there was only one console.

#15 ·
Yeah I'm worried that a lot of us will be split up too.

I think planet side 2 is still supposed to be free and I plan on playing that too assuming ps4 is what I end up with. So far that's what is going to look like.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsacevedo  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23452734

I've thought about it a bit, but I (generally) prefer realistic, military-based shooters. Is it still going to be free-to-play?

Yup, and from what I've read it's not "Pay to win" like some micro-transaction games. The MP is also outside of the PSPlus paywall, so you can MP without a sub.

You can pay to rank up much faster, but mostly the nickle and diming is costmetic stuff. It looks a bit more arcadey, but I'm also getting a BF/MAG vibe from it. I'm in since it's free to play.

BF4 just looks incredible. I’m really digging 5 to a squad now, especially as when I’m playing it always seems there’s a 5th odd man out we want in there. I’m really hoping commander mode works as well as it supposed to, and that they give the squad leader a dedicated COMM right to him. Makes running the squad all that more important.

The Squad leveling for perks is also interesting. I wonder if the SL can customize the load-out for it? Squad wipes just got a lot more painful than just losing a forward place to spawn.

I really, really hope "next gen" means BFBC2 Destruction 2.0 like map destruction is back. It seems like it, but who really knows. The CQC style maps (Metro?), and need to allow large maps on this current generation systems, seems to be the reason it was absent in BF3 for the most part.

Hopefully the "next gen leap" means we can bring everything down on enemy squads (and sometimes accidentally on friendlies) once again.

#17 ·
Yeah I've seen a youtube vid where levelcap said the order will be customizable and another vid where he talks about the order like it was fixed. I hope its customizable per squad mate and the points are universal for the squad. So each person can choose what they want in each tier and not be dependent on the SL or worse fixed by Dice.

Also liking that there are separate perks for tank gunner as opposed to how bf3 is now.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23452814

Yup, and from what I've read it's not "Pay to win" like some micro-transaction games. The MP is also outside of the PSPlus paywall, so you can MP without a sub.

You can pay to rank up much faster, but mostly the nickle and diming is costmetic stuff. It looks a bit more arcadey, but I'm also getting a BF/MAG vibe from it. I'm in since it's free to play.

I might as well try it since it's free. I've always shied away from free-to-play because they have usually been pay-to-win like you mention. It's why I hate most "free" mobile and Facebook games.

The destruction is one area of BF3 that I felt was lacking, I never liked that some things couldn't be destroyed or why you couldn't blow up rubble into smaller chunks or why a lot of rubble just completely disappears from the battle field. I hated those garages on Kharg Island at the B flag, you could always hide in the stairs because you couldn't them. The entire building can fall, but those stairs are definitely "God-tier" lol.

I agree with the larger squad size also. When we play BF3 there is always someone in a squad by themselves. Most of the time people are too involved in playing to switch squads so that one guy ends up constantly spawning off some blueberry who's sniping from the deployment.

#19 ·
5 is a weird number for squads though. 64/5 = does not compute! However, with that said, it's not that bad given that if Zath or someone else that want to fly can just be in their own squad, since it's not like you can spawn on a jet. Or 2 people that are going to dedicate themselves to a chopper squad up and let 5 guys daywalk together. Long-range snipers don't really need to be in a squad either, for the most part. So, perhaps DICE is looking at it thusly; 5 people squad up 6 times per team. 2 people per side can go off and do whatever they want, either together or alone. If the typical 2 jets and/or 1 chopper per side stands pat, that would make sense.

Personally, I hope you can destroy everything and anything on the map. However, if such is the case, I predict tons of snipers blowing out walls on buildings and camping the entire match in one little hidey-hole after using a parachute to get into said tent. Even as a tank driver, I'd like to see the ability to blow out bridges, denying them a way to get across. I want to drop buildings on everyone, destroy paths that boats can take, etc. Get in a 500% ticket match and by the end, it's just a flattened city.

Oh, and Shmoop, don't forget to play all the free games that MS is going to give you either! I can hardly wait for such great titles as Madden 2007 and Pong to hit!

#20 ·
There's always 2-3 KDR dickpickles per team not in a squad and/or just hanging back and sniping.

It almost always seems they're the only open squad too.
Quote:
Personally, I hope you can destroy everything and anything on the map. However, if such is the case, I predict tons of snipers blowing out walls on buildings and camping the entire match in one little hidey-hole after using a parachute to get into said tent.

"Commander, we need a fox-hound at five, zero, two, bravo."

"five, zero, two, bravo incoming"

Commander [ BGM-109D Tomahaw ] XxxXDoritos-n-DeWXxxX

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23453085

There's always 2-3 KDR dickpickles per team not in a squad and/or just hanging back and sniping.

Lol. I agree, but I'm a bit concerned about the Commander part. Last thing I need is some d-bag blueberry that's dicking around on his tablet with midget pron while acting as commander. Or some 10 year-old with an iPud worried more about missing the latest Twat from Justin Beiber than helping his team. Then there's the scenario of a commander that only helps his buds. Think I'll scan Bravo (even if there's 30 guys on it) when my friends are at Dracula? It's going to be interesting to see just how much of a difference having a good commander will make!

#8,280 ·

Lol. I agree, but I'm a bit concerned about the Commander part. Last thing I need is some d-bag blueberry that's dicking around on his tablet with midget pron while acting as commander. Or some 10 year-old with an iPud worried more about missing the latest Twat from Justin Beiber than helping his team. Then there's the scenario of a commander that only helps his buds. Think I'll scan Bravo (even if there's 30 guys on it) when my friends are at Dracula? It's going to be interesting to see just how much of a difference having a good commander will make!

I miss him

#22 ·
 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-21-battlefield-4-dev-dice-on-commander-mode-and-the-importance-of-60fps
Quote:
Buy the next-generation version of Battlefield 4 and you'll get the "full Battlefield experience", developer DICE has told Eurogamer.

The Swedish developer has used the PC version of the game, which as Battlefield 3 players know features huge 64-player battles and, if your computer is up to it, 60 frames per second visuals, as the target for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Battlefield 4, due out later this year.

Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One includes 64-player battles and 60fps visuals, unlike the console versions of Battlefield 3 and the current-gen versions of Battlefield 4.

Battlefield executive producer Patrick Bach said getting the next-gen versions of Battlefield 4 to 60fps was a priority for the development team because it wanted to recreate the PC experience in the living room.

"We have a very complicated game with a lot of moving parts," Bach said. "We had to decide, yes, we will do this in 60fps. Everything else is secondary. We know the game is great when you have 64 players and destruction, and if we could get what we had on PC for a long time in your living room with a pad, wouldn't that be amazing? That's what we're aiming for."

The extra horsepower of the next-gen consoles has allowed DICE to up the player count to 64 for multiplayer, matching the PC version. Current-gen players, however, are stuck with 24.

"They [next-gen console players] will experience another level of chaos they haven't seen before," Bach said. "12 versus 12, you can keep track of quite a few people, but only so many. When you get to 32 versus 32, that's when it becomes hard to keep track of the other team, when it feels like there are more things going on than just around me and what I can control.

Next question. Has anything been tuned down, and whats the resolution you have it running at.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII  /t/1476721/battlefield-4#post_23453085

Not sure what you just said. But I consider myself a dickpickle. If I am killed by a tank, I will make it my only goal in life to destroy that tank at all costs. Flags, tickets ...all secondary to destroying that tank. Same line of thought is applied to campers, mortars, helicopters, jets, C4 trolls.......... yeah, it's safe to say that I am not a very good teammate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.