Titanfall and the PS4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Though it had been rumored around the internetz, these quotes from Titanfall's developer and publisher point to the game's eventual PS4 release:
Quote:
Will Titanfall ever come to PlayStation? Respawn and EA weigh in.
Let's start with Respawn. Lead artist Joel Emslie, who followed Vince Zampella and Jason West out of Activision's Infinity Ward after the pair were fired, told Eurogamer the development team wants Titanfall to be played by as many people as possible.

"When you boil it down, we would love to be everywhere, but we're just starting out," Emslie explained.

"We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting there."
Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.

"So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

So, from the developer's point of view PlayStation isn't off the table. But as we all know, money talks, and when it comes to money, we're talking about EA, the publisher that helped get Respawn off the ground three years ago.
But, from EA's perspective, will Titanfall ever come to PlayStation, perhaps after Xbox exclusivity has ended?

"We haven't communicated anything on that, and I can't comment on that right now," Söderlund replied...

Gameplay video:

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So COD+Halo+Mechs?

It kinda looked like there were multiplayers all on a campaign mode...maybe thats the draw?

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #3 of 6 Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I guess the rumor has become fact. The developer for Titanfall pretty much confirms that the game is coming to the PS4 in an interview with GameTrailers TV.
Quote:
Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella spoke about the possibility of TitanFall coming to the PlayStation 4.

When asked whether “PlayStation Nation out there is going to have to wait for Titanfall too?”, Zampella replied “That’s right,” he said in a recent interview with GameTrailers TV (around the 2:55 mark).

The first person shooter is currently exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, though it will be releasing for PC as well. However, Respawn has stated the possibility of the game coming to the PlayStation 4 in the near future. Many reasons have been stated for the game’s exclusivity, including the Xbox One’s feature set delivering everything the team could want and needing to start off small before going big.

Titanfall seems poised to be a big hit so we don’t doubt that a port will eventually arrive for the PS4 in the next year or two. It’s not as if so-called exclusives are strangers to this phenomenon – remember how it was said that the Mass Effect series would never come to PS3? – but it will be a good long wait for PlayStation fans.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #4 of 6 Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
No single player campaign, I'll sit this one out although I'm looking forward to see how it's received by the community.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I Cant WAIT to see this game in person. I download a full quality 60fps 1080 video file. Its the E3 trailer and is about 1 GB, but looks AWESOME. I dont know if I will buy it but for sure its a rent.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
This looks cool and will probably check it out when it hits PS. Only thing is that there is so much out there that looks cool. By the time this does hit PS4 it will be buried under better games.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page