What did I do to screw up my sound? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently connected my PS3 directly by HDMI to a new Panasonic VT60 rather than to my Denon 4308 because it wont pass thru the PS3's 3D signal. I have a DAC cable from the TV to the Denon. In trying to optimize the sound I somehow have lost sound from some of my games but not from other applications on the PS3.

For example, YouTube Sound is fine (both on TV speakers and thru the Denon) but my Zen Pinball sound is gone on both the TV and Denon....the 3D looks great, however. But, sound from other games play.

Details: I have the HDMI Sound Settings at Automatic and it shows only LPCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kz and 48kz. That seems wrong to me. If I go to manual and add Dolby 5.1 I get no change to my results.

Lastly, before I added the DAC cable I had TV speaker sound for everything, so I've done something in the PS3 to eliminate sound for the games.

What can I do to get it back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp88 View Post

Details: I have the HDMI Sound Settings at Automatic and it shows only LPCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kz and 48kz. That seems wrong to me. If I go to manual and add Dolby 5.1 I get no change to my results.

Have you tried selecting all the options on the list? Have them all selected at once I mean.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 AM

Liked: 10
If you remove the DAC cable do you get sound from the TV speakers? I dont see how your TV can convert the sound from the PS3 to digital into the Receiver.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Most tvs cannot passthru anything other than 2 channel from the hdmi to the toslink (what you call DAC plug), the best solution is to connect the optical digital cable direct between the PS3 and your denon. You can either choose the audio output to digital out only for sound only to be sent to the Denon or activate Audio multi output to send to both the tv and the Denon at the same time